Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Hebrew, in the OT, it does translate as “sons of God” in many places where it’s talking about angels, including in Job 38. I’m okay with someone thinking it was translated poorly into English and should read “angels” rather than “sons of God.” But in that case, the disputed verse in Genesis would ALSO have to be changed from sons of God to angels, wouldn’t it…? We are talking about the OT here, and what is considered an imperfect translation into English, right?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Lord "God" is Omnipresent, I'm before his footstool presently as I write

Isaiah 66:1KJV
Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Grasping at straws are we?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, all humans that are led by and follow God, they are the sons of God, old and new testament, you don't define the "The Sons Of God" scripture below does

As you gave been clearly shown, in the old testament

Romans 8:14KJV
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

I have already agreed that all that are Christians are the sons and daughters of God.

There is not enough information in the Bible to come to an informed conclusion.

All that is left is speculation.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grasping at straws are we?
God doesn't live behind a big curtain in the land of Oz, the straw would be found in a character within the production of fantasy and imagination :D

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already agreed that all that are Christians are the sons and daughters of God.

There is not enough information in the Bible to come to an informed conclusion.

All that is left is speculation.
And the assumption, speculation, and imagination, of your "Holy Court In Heaven" not seen or mentioned in scripture :D

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the assumption, speculation, and imagination, of your "Holy Court In Heaven" not seen or mentioned in scripture :D

LOL Enough of this. I guess you do not think God has a throne or holy court?
Biblically speaking you cannot prove anything and neither can I.
So it is a waist of time to keep this up.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Hebrew, in the OT, it does translate as “sons of God” in many places where it’s talking about angels, including in Job 38. I’m okay with someone thinking it was translated poorly into English and should read “angels” rather than “sons of God.” But in that case, the disputed verse in Genesis would ALSO have to be changed from sons of God to angels, wouldn’t it…? We are talking about the OT here, and what is considered an imperfect translation into English, right?
(The Sons)

Strongs translated (ben) 4,906 times, not once was Angel(s) used

Lexicon :: Strong's H1121 - bēn

Transliteration

bēn
Pronunciation
bane
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From בָּנָה (H1129)
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: H1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like father or brother), etc.):—afflicted, age, (Ahoh-) (Ammon-) (Hachmon-) (Lev-) ite, (anoint-) ed one, appointed to, (son (2,978x), children (1,568x), old (135x), first (51x), man (20x), young (18x), young (with H1241) (17x), child (10x), stranger (10x), people (5x), miscellaneous (92x).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(The Sons)

Strongs translated (ben) 4,906 times, not once was Angel(s) used

Lexicon :: Strong's H1121 - bēn

Transliteration

bēn
Pronunciation
bane
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From בָּנָה (H1129)
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: H1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like father or brother), etc.):—afflicted, age, (Ahoh-) (Ammon-) (Hachmon-) (Lev-) ite, (anoint-) ed one, appointed to, (son (2,978x), children (1,568x), old (135x), first (51x), man (20x), young (18x), young (with H1241) (17x), child (10x), stranger (10x), people (5x), miscellaneous (92x).

Never said the sons of God were angels. Again you have proven nothing in relation to this event.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL Enough of this. I guess you do not think God has a throne or holy court?
Biblically speaking you cannot prove anything and neither can I.
So it is a waist of time to keep this up.
Fact is, I have biblically proved your claim false

Again, all humans that are led by and follow God, they are the sons of God, old and new testament, you don't define the "The Sons Of God" scripture below does

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is, I have biblically proved your claim false

That scripture has nothing to do with this event, so you have proven nothing.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That scripture has nothing to do with this event, so you have proven nothing.
It's your opinion that the Bibles definition of "The Sons Of God" below has no relationship to the old testament "The Sons Of God"

It's my opinion and observation of scripture they are one and the same, humans on earth, led by the very same Lord God

We Disagree

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's your opinion that the Bibles definition of "The Sons Of God" below has no relationship to the old testament "The Sons Of God"

I did not say that. Do you guys all go to the same school of twisting the truth?
What are you trying to say? Of course the story of the sons of God is in the Old Testament.
But it still does not prove anything other than that.
One the Bible does not define who the sons of God are.
Two the story itself is not well defined.
Three all we know about them from Genesis and Job is that, at times they presented themselves before God.
Four there is no indication that God had any issues with them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say that. Do you guys all go to the same school of twisting the truth?
What are you trying to say? Of course the story of the sons of God is in the Old Testament.
But it still does not prove anything other than that.
One the Bible does not define who the sons of God are.
Two the story itself is not well defined.
Three all we know about them from Genesis and Job is that, at times they presented themselves before God.
Four there is no indication that God had any issues with them.
We Disagree

Scripture below clearly defines "The Sons Of God" as being humans on earth that are led by and follow God, same God in the old testament as the new testament

"The Sons Of God" in Job 1:6 presented themselves before the Lord, they were followers of God, just as all followers of God described below

Jesus Is The Lord

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We Disagree

Scripture below clearly defines "The Sons Of God" as being humans on earth that are led by and follow God, same God in the old testament as the new testament

"The Sons Of God" in Job 1:6 presented themselves before the Lord, they were followers of God, just as all followers of God described below

Jesus Is The Lord

So you are going to be adding words to the scriptures? LOL

And again the sons of God that Romans refer to has nothing to do with the stories in Genesis and job.

You have proved nothing.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are going to be adding words to the scriptures? LOL

And again the sons of God that Romans refer to has nothing to do with the stories in Genesis and job.

You have proved nothing.
Not one word has been added to the scripture as you "falsely claim", as you have been shown in post #148 as in Job 1:6 (The Sons) Hebrew word (Ben) doesn't represent heavenly beings or Angel(s) as you believe and teach, the Hebrew word (Malak) represents the English (Angel)

We Disagree

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited: