Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the angels yes. But never were OT saints or people called the Bene-Elohim or sons of God.

Now I am going to ask you to think. Why is there no mention of the "daughters of god"? Because angels are all male!

Notice the passage:

Genesis 6
King James Version

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Men in verse 1 is generic- it means mankind without distinction to spiritual state.

Then the B part of the verse simply declares- daughters were born unto them or mankind!

Verse 2 Teh bene Elohim saw the daughters of mankind were pretty! Were the daughters of God all ugly so that the sons of Seth would not have sex with them?? Is that another conclusion you want us to swallow as well? and if the line of Seth was already corrupted for the passage says mans thoughts were to evil, why would they still be called the sons fo God?

Your hypothesis requires you to draw too many conclusions that the Bible does not address at all!

but if we follow consistency and normal rules of grammar (exegesis) then the Sons of God were angels. And these are the angels in Jude who left their first habitation.

We know in the satanic rebellion, those angels became demons and are not chained as those angles who left their frist estate ( as jesus said in heaven the angels do not practice sex, which does not mean they are eunuchs)

Because the bible only gives the male linage

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 1:10
Verse Concepts
Yet the number of the sons of Israel
Will be like the sand of the sea,
Which cannot be measured or numbered;
And in the place
Where it is said to them,
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,
“You are the sons of the living God.”

Matthew 5:9
Verse Concepts
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Luke 6:35
Verse Concepts
But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

Luke 20:34-36
Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

And there are more

You can call the Israelites the sons of God and Christians the sons of God and many women have been impregnated by them.
But that has no thing to do with chapter 6 of Genesis or Chapter 1 of Job. That is an event in heaven. A unique events. In Job there is a conversation going on between God and Satan...

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can call the Israelites the sons of God and Christians the sons of God and many women have been impregnated by them.
But that has no thing to do with chapter 6 of Genesis or Chapter 1 of Job. That is an event in heaven. A unique events. In Job there is a conversation going on between God and Satan...

Of course Job one is angels in heaven

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Post 156
Now, as I said before....there is not enough scriptures in the Old Testament to define or explain who or what the sons of God are.
There is not enough scriptures in the Old Testament to explain what is going on in Genesis with the sons of God...the impregnation of women....and the giants....and the significance of all that. I have already explained all this.

I going to assume you know they have been pondering and debating this through both the Old and the New Testament and even today, with no conclusion because the scriptures do not explain what going on.

Now speculating is fine or having personal beliefs.....that is OK. But that is not real and only exists between your ears.

That is why you do not see people coming up with scriptures that explain it.

They only thing they can do is throw all kinds of off the topic scriptures at you.

There are giants! There are not giants! The sons of God spawn giants!

The sons of God are angels! The sons of God are fallen angels! Angels cannot impregnate women....? The Bible does not say they can or cannot. It does say they do not marry. I am going to guess they cannot impregnate women. Notice the word guess. Are there beings in heaven...other than angels that can impregnate women? Again it is all speculation, but we know of one! Yahweh impregnated Miriam.

Pulling things out of then air! "Fallen angels" this phrase does not appear in the Old Testament or New Testament.
The Bible only talks about the angelic war in heaven....in Revelation. Now Christ said He saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven... but that brings up the question....are we talking about two wars? Not to say that the war did not occur during the biblical era, but as far as pinpointing the time in the Bible when Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven, before Revelation...is not there.

So people piece speculation and imaginative ideas together to fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Post 156
Now, as I said before....there is not enough scriptures in the Old Testament to define or explain who or what the sons of God are.
There is not enough scriptures in the Old Testament to explain what is going on in Genesis with the sons of God...the impregnation of women....and the giants....and the significance of all that. I have already explained all this.

I going to assume you know they have been pondering and debating this through both the Old and the New Testament and even today, with no conclusion because the scriptures do not explain what going on.

Now speculating is fine or having personal beliefs.....that is OK. But that is not real and only exists between your ears.

That is why you do not see people coming up with scriptures that explain it.

They only thing they can do is throw all kinds of off the topic scriptures at you.

There are giants! There are not giants! The sons of God spawn giants!

The sons of God are angels! The sons of God are fallen angels! Angels cannot impregnate women....? The Bible does not say they can or cannot. It does say they do not marry. I am going to guess they cannot impregnate women. Notice the word guess. Are there beings in heaven...other than angels that can impregnate women? Again it is all speculation, but we know of one! Yahweh impregnated Miriam.

Pulling things out of then air! "Fallen angels" this phrase does not appear in the Old Testament or New Testament.
The Bible only talks about the angelic war in heaven....in Revelation. Now Christ said He saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven... but that brings up the question....are we talking about two wars? Not to say that the war did not occur during the biblical era, but as far as pinpointing the time in the Bible when Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven, before Revelation...is not there.

So people piece speculation and imaginative ideas together to fill in the blanks.

I think that in that text it doesn’t explain everything because it’s not important what’s important is the message and the message is that the faithful conformed to the unfaithful that’s why the faithful came down to just one man Noah. Thus God had to step in before all humans conformed or that would of been the end of it all no one to give birth to our saviour.

Thus I believe that the reason for the flood will be the same reason for the end of our world. Not evil everywhere that’s been happening since the beginning but the conforming of most of the church.

The overall scriptures I believe does gives us enough information though. Yes it doesn’t explain everything in that text but elsewhere the bible helps us decipher the truth.

1 Corinthians 15:39-40
39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

Thus humans having sexual relations with animals doesn’t bring fourth impregnation and it’s the same with angels and humans.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does paradise have to do with this conversation?

But for your far fetched idea that God created whole bunches of people on day six?

Heed the simple verse from Scripture:

20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Eve is the mother of all humanity! Every single human traces their descendancy back to eve. Not some unnamed unknown group you say God created.
Obviously, only Noah made it through, no other male from any other son of God.

Adam had just disobeyed God and was kicked out of the Garden. Are you proud you are a sinner? Adam was boasting that he and Eve brought all the dead sinners into the world. Way to go Adam and Eve!

God said He created multiple humans and told them to go and create more. They did for the whole Lord's Day, until God returned and planted the Garden. Then God put one of those sons of God, into the Garden. After this man named all the animals, God called the man Adam.

Jesus is going to reign on earth for a whole Lord's Day. So Peter said not to be ignorant about a Day with the Lord, and what a Lord's Day is on earth.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The overall scriptures I believe does gives us enough information though. Yes it doesn’t explain everything in that text but elsewhere the bible helps us decipher the truth.

There is no elsewhere.... People have been combing the Bible for centuries to explain this and they can't. People go into this story with certain assumptions in their minds, and insert those assumptions into the storyline....but it is not in the Bible.

Some will deem the sons of God taking human wives as sinful or rebellious. Part of that is Christianity's over all negative view of sex. They had sex! That is dirty, nasty, and sinful....and of the devil! Put it is not in the storyline. Nowhere does God condemn them for marrying these women, to the contrary the Bible says their offspring were heroes and mighty men. That is the only comment made ....heroes and mighty men. The Bible notes that, at times these sons of God present themselves before God....If He had issues with them.....if He did, the Bible could have noted that.

As far as the story of Noah.....the Bible does not have page breaks or topic headers. It will move from one topic to another without a heads up. There is nothing to connect the story of the sons of God to the story of Noah. The story of Noah is about everyone being evil. We do not know how much time passed between verse 4 and verse 5. Verse 4 makes a positive statement about the offspring of the sons of God. Then in verse 5...everybody is wicked....that is quite the transition. We don not know how much time passed between verse 4 and verse 5.

And that is how it happens. Regardless of how long you think the Old Testament period is, it is still a story that spans thousands of years...condensed...abbreviated to a group of scriptures. The Torah was written as one continuous word...No topic headers, no periods...no lower case, no paragraphs or page breaks....so it is going to move from one topic to another rather abruptly.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 1:10
Verse Concepts
Yet the number of the sons of Israel
Will be like the sand of the sea,
Which cannot be measured or numbered;
And in the place
Where it is said to them,
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,
“You are the sons of the living God.”

Matthew 5:9
Verse Concepts
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Luke 6:35
Verse Concepts
But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

Luke 20:34-36
Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

And there are more

and these are all NT references. Even Hosea is a reference for the church and not OT saints, for it is a future tense.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the bible only gives the male linage

but teh Bible will give teh female of the daughters of men? Nice try but that is a fail. Now you need to show why the daughters of men are just teh daughters of Cain and not as normally understood as teh daughters of men in general.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faithful before and after the cross are saved in the same way thus we are all sons and daughters of God if we believe

Well all are savedf by Grace t hrough faith that is true. but the church is saved by faith in teh death and resurrection of Jesus. OT saints were not saved this way., Fail again.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that in that text it doesn’t explain everything because it’s not important what’s important is the message and the message is that the faithful conformed to the unfaithful that’s why the faithful came down to just one man Noah. Thus God had to step in before all humans conformed or that would of been the end of it all no one to give birth to our saviour.

Thus I believe that the reason for the flood will be the same reason for the end of our world. Not evil everywhere that’s been happening since the beginning but the conforming of most of the church.

1 Corinthians 15:39-40
39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

Thus humans having sexual relations with animals doesn’t bring fourth impregnation and it’s the same with angels and humans.

Well it didn't happen onvernight and so those faithful would have been unfaithful Long before Genesis 6 occurred. Unless you add another thing the bible doesn't state and say that teh sons of Seth did not notice the daughters of Cain until near the time of Genesis 6.

Now you are just speculating about angel and human intercourse being unfruitful. And the difference between heaven and earthly is splendor not ability to procreate. Sorry, fail again.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So yo have to yet show why we must conclude Gensis 6 is human and not angel when Job and here are the only OT instances of the phrase bene-elohim.

BTW Hosea 1:10 is not an OT instance of bene-elohim. Look it up. It is ben-e-el.
a different name for God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam had just disobeyed God and was kicked out of the Garden. Are you proud you are a sinner? Adam was boasting that he and Eve brought all the dead sinners into the world. Way to go Adam and Eve!

YOu seem to forget that nugget was inspired by God and not Adam! And you also seem to forget God knew in advance they would fail and already had redemption in mind!
God said He created multiple humans and told them to go and create more. They did for the whole Lord's Day, until God returned and planted the Garden. Then God put one of those sons of God, into the Garden. After this man named all the animals, God called the man Adam.

Jesus is going to reign on earth for a whole Lord's Day. So Peter said not to be ignorant about a Day with the Lord, and what a Lord's Day is on earth.

Well you are not getting this from Gopds Word but from man. for Gods Word declares Eve was the mother of all living.

YOu also contend that Adam and Eve live 1,000 years before God put them in the garden. WOW. I think you and I are at an end here. Your flights of fancy are just too much. I speak of Gods Word and you speak of something radically different!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu also contend that Adam and Eve live 1,000 years before God put them in the garden. WOW. I think you and I are at an end here. Your flights of fancy are just too much. I speak of Gods Word and you speak of something radically different!
No I did not. You can certainly be done with false accusations.

The Bible is quoting Adam saying that. Adam named Eve not God. After Noah, Eve was the mother of all living. When God had Moses write those words at Mt. Sinai, Eve was the mother of all those humans on earth. That did not mean at that moment, when Adam sinned.

Eve was not created on day 6, 7 or 8. Eve was certainly not Adam's mother.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I did not. You can certainly be done with false accusations.

The Bible is quoting Adam saying that. Adam named Eve not God. After Noah, Eve was the mother of all living. When God had Moses write those words at Mt. Sinai, Eve was the mother of all those humans on earth. That did not mean at that moment, when Adam sinned.

Eve was not created on day 6, 7 or 8. Eve was certainly not Adam's mother.

It was you who said they lived one Lords day before the garden of Eden.! True accusation of your words Re3ad your post 207.

Gen 3: 20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. No quote here. If you are not even going to check, you should quit writing.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was you who said they lived one Lords day before the garden of Eden.! True accusation of your words Re3ad your post 207.

Gen 3: 20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. No quote here. If you are not even going to check, you should quit writing.
I said Adam and the sons of God lived one Lord's Day before the Garden of Eden. Eve came after the Garden of Eden. I never mentioned Eve at all in post 207.

The name Eve was that phrase: mother of all living. That is what the word "Eve" means. Adam quoted the phrase the second he called her Eve.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well all are savedf by Grace t hrough faith that is true. but the church is saved by faith in teh death and resurrection of Jesus. OT saints were not saved this way., Fail again.

We will never agree here on all of this but everyone is saved in the same way before and after the cross. The faithful before the cross looked to a future saviour who’s name they didn’t know.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but teh Bible will give teh female of the daughters of men? Nice try but that is a fail. Now you need to show why the daughters of men are just teh daughters of Cain and not as normally understood as teh daughters of men in general.

I have already showed my views if you reject them then that your choice but you saying fail is just your view it doesn’t mean that I have.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eve The meaning of the Hebrew word חַוָּה Chavah/Havah – chavah, to breathe, and chayah, to live, or to give life).

Genesis 2:18 “...it is not good for Man to be alone...” And He wanted Adam to know the joy of having a mate so He decided it was time to make Him a mate. Translators of the scriptures could not and cannot, figure out the description God gave her. Ergo the various translations of the Holy Bible that have rendered the words that describe her to mean, helpmate, helper, suitable helper, suitable companion, or wife. The word used to describe her only appears once in the entire Bible and it appears as two repeated words, zr zr translated either as Ezer Ezer or Azar Azar. The words do not mean help or helper. The Hebrew word zr or the Hebrew word ezer is a combination of two roots: `-z-r, meaning “to rescue, to save,” and g-z-r, meaning “to be strong it can also mean enclosure. By themselves the words imply the type of protection that rushes to you to protect you, strengthens you by surrounding you with strength and protection. The duel use of the word implies a much more intimate and powerful meaning. The words implies “a person that strengthens by an enveloping love.”

Now I wonder if this is in connection to the male ego. We know the love of woman can make a man feel ten feet tall and bullet proof...LOL

Reactions: Marty fox