Who are these spirits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
As a christian, have you ever been approached by another christian brother or sister that tells you to stop doing some things that you know you do not do? For example, you were approached by your christian mother and she told you to stop smoking when you know you do not smoke.

What spirit is that, telling your christian mum that you smoke knowing your christian mum is a strong christian? I hope you guys understand.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
She is perceiving that you are a smoker along with other non-verbal cues and maybe some of your friends, that you may hang out with.

Not nice...:angry:

Bless you!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a christian, have you ever been approached by another christian brother or sister that tells you to stop doing some things that you know you do not do? For example, you were approached by your christian mother and she told you to stop smoking when you know you do not smoke.

What spirit is that, telling your christian mum that you smoke knowing your christian mum is a strong christian? I hope you guys understand.

Judd:

Here is a few lines from an old Smith Wigglesworth devotion I did...

Discernment, Sanctification, and Deception
Smith Wigglesworth, like his earlier Methodist mentors, believed discernment and sanctification as something that sweetens the spirit up, making people more spiritual and loving. His wife once testified that she knew Smith was sanctified when he quit complaining about his food. Wigglesworth states that we are sanctified so that nothing hinders us in the manifestation of the Glory of God. In this way we are robbed of all pride, evil, and freely led of the Spirit. Evil thoughts come from the unclean believer, the man who is not entirely sanctified.

Concerning discernment Wigglesworth states, “Most people think they have discernment; but if they would turn their discernment on themselves for twelve months, they would never want to ‘discern’ again. The gift of discernment is not criticism. I am satisfied that in Pentecostal circles today, our paramount need is more perfect love. I have found many notable people in the world whom I know personally, who have gotten to running another person down and finding fault. They are always fault finding and judging people outright. God save us from criticism! When we are pure in heart we only think about pure things.”

The difference between those being led by the Holy Spirit and those who are deceived by Satan is joy, gladness, and a good countenance instead of sadness, sorrow, and depression. Jesus comes with joy into the soul and lifts you higher and higher, it is the spirit who gives light. When satanic power begins to rule; then there is weariness, then people’s faces are like a tragedy, and then their eyes glare as though they have passed through a terrible trial. You are always right to test the spirits (1 John 4:1), if not you will be sure to be caught napping.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe she is just being presumptuous.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Concerning discernment Wigglesworth states, “Most people think they have discernment; but if they would turn their discernment on themselves for twelve months, they would never want to ‘discern’ again. The gift of discernment is not criticism. I am satisfied that in Pentecostal circles today, our paramount need is more perfect love.

One thing I have never encountered in Pentecostal churches, or any other for that fact, is anything approaching love - perfect or otherwise.

Shaking hands with one another during the Sunday service is not an expression of love, though many mistakenly suppose it is. Love begins and ends with those handshakes and the only thing that is really transmitted is the common cold.

That which is expressed as discernment is nothing more than spiritual pride mixed with arrogance and presumption. The discernment people think they have is as phoney as their artifical love.

Don't preach that in church, though. People don't want to hear it and attendance may be down next week.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
One thing I have never encountered in Pentecostal churches, or any other for that fact, is anything approaching love - perfect or otherwise.

Shaking hands with one another during the Sunday service is not an expression of love, though many mistakenly suppose it is. Love begins and ends with those handshakes and the only thing that is really transmitted is the common cold.

That which is expressed as discernment is nothing more than spiritual pride mixed with arrogance and presumption. The discernment people think they have is as phoney as their artifical love.

Don't preach that in church, though. People don't want to hear it and attendance may be down next week.

I say preach it :D

Our job is to transmit the truth, not make sure it's liked ;)

God seems to so often work through small groups and a weak people anyways, might as well give him the opportunity to get glory :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oops. Didnt realize this was an old thread... :blink:

My bad!