Who Does The Father Draw?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who does the Father draw?
Well, if I am any indication...idiots....and very slow learners.
Kidding aside...#1. I don't know.
#2. I do think one has had to have had even a small desire in a sincere moment to have wanted Him, and only Him...from there, the prayer has been heard and things have been set into motion...
like a hand over hand slow pull on a row boat bringing it to shore.
#3. Since I have done nothing to deserve such an over flowing of unimaginable Grace in my life...
it has to be from some past life blessing...like I saved the Pope's sister's child from drowning ...and, thus, drowned myself...or maybe St. Francis of Assissi's sister.
#4. It's like BattleStar Gallactica ...we have it pre-programmed into our DNA to Awaken to
the Divine at particular times in our life randomly....like throwing dice or being called into the Draft.

I am bewitched and bewildered as to God's process of lifting someone from drugs and debauchery to near sainthood to be aware of Him...
or from unbelief in a God at all...to be transported to a state of transcendent glory being shown God Himself....for a few moments when the Doors of Perception in the mind are thrown open to Reality.

Oh my, the blessings that our Heavenly Father gives are ...there are no words.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
#2. I do think one has had to have had even a small desire in a sincere moment to have wanted Him, and only Him...from there, the prayer has been heard and things have been set into motion...
#3. Since I have done nothing to deserve such an over flowing of unimaginable Grace in my life...
it has to be from some past life blessing...like I saved the Pope's sister's child from drowning ...and, thus, drowned myself...or maybe St. Francis of Assissi's sister.
#4. It's like BattleStar Gallactica ...we have it pre-programmed into our DNA to Awaken to
the Divine at particular times in our life randomly....like throwing dice or being called into the Draft.

I am bewitched and bewildered as to God's process of lifting someone from drugs and debauchery to near sainthood to be aware of Him...
or from unbelief in a God at all...to be transported to a state of transcendent glory being shown God Himself....for a few moments when the Doors of Perception in the mind are thrown open to Reality.

I wish I could give you more likes.
Your post reminded me of how I felt when I first met Jesus.
It's been 40 years and I wish I could still feel like that.

Reactions: Nancy

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My oh my, you shock me.
Past lifes
Popes of the past
Battle Star Gallactica (Mormons)
You really are entertaining.....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Long story
Do your research
You'll never get your doctorate any other way

You know Rollo, I have even given you a voice in my head, I can just hear how your Avatar sounds...kind of like tasting smells,or hearing colors. :)

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know Rollo, I have even given you a voice in my head, I can just hear how your Avatar sounds...kind of like tasting smells,or hearing colors. :)

...Yes, the voice that I can hear is high and squeaky. I think it is the head gear that causes that!!!! :D

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that to Calvinists "All that the Father giveth Me" means that God decides who will and will not be given to Christ, IOW, saved.

I can't give up protesting against calvinism.
It changes the nature of God. The nature of God is love.
They claim God is love and gives man His grace, but then they deny it in their theology.

But I am not representing Calvinism. I am just speaking to 'election'.

Can't you forget Calvinism and just address 'election'?

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all need grace. Whatever we do, we do with God's grace.
In the O.T. men were righteous of themselves. It's in the N.T. that we are imputed with the righteousness of Christ.

Psalm 1:5-6
Isaiah 26:7
Hosea 14:9

Abraham was righteous through belief:
Genesis 15:6
To David through obedience:
Psalm 103:17-18
For Isaiah:
Isaiah 61:11 Isaiah did understand more than the previous generations that Righteousness comes from God...but he still says that God CAUSED righteousness, not that He imputes it to us. Jesus had to die for that to happen.

The N.T.
1 Corinthians 1:30 Jesus is our righteousness.

No. Imputed righteousness was as true in the Old Testament as it is in the New. God saw Noah righteous. Not that Noah was righteous.(Gen. 6:8, 7:1) Abraham believe God and it was imputed to him for righteousness. (Gen. 15:6)

And God was not a monster for destroying all mankind in the flood save Noah and his family. Correct?

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I am not representing Calvinism. I am just speaking to 'election'.

Can't you forget Calvinism and just address 'election'?

Stranger

Well AMEN to that!!

But sadly the answer is obviously...NO!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus say when He was ascending back into Heaven?
I will draw SOME men unto me"? :rolleyes:
Who is this THEY that you keep speaking about in your posts??

Don't tell me that we have another one here that has "all knowledge and can see into the hearts of mankind.." God help us!!:rolleyes:

@Philip James said
< I vehemently disagree with this. I believe the desire for God is innate to every man. This is why you will find ackowledging something greater than ourselves in every community of humanity throughout time.

Peace! >

@LC627 said...< Acknowledging "something greater" is different than submission to the One Lord and Savior. Their acknowledgement is really towards demons and false gods - not the True Messiah >

How can you say that?
How do you know what is in the hearts or Mr Ordinary in the street..you do not know what they seek after..

Above I quote of you as saying... 'They' never seek the true God but false ones and their heart is set on idols.

Crying out loud, that is one of the most foolish statements I have heard in a while!!
MANY have had a seed of the gospel shared with them by someone...who knows what nudging the Father is doing on their lives!
Who know their dealings..

And I honestly believe that God is trying to nudge all men...some will respond, but some will not.

I think you need to spend some one to one moments with Father God, and let Him tell you all about they... :oops:
You sit in judgement over them in your post here...I don't see any brokenness or weeping over their lost state!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is this THEY that you keep speaking about in your posts??

Don't tell me that we have another one here that has "all knowledge and can see into the hearts of mankind.." God help us!!:rolleyes:

@Philip James said
< I vehemently disagree with this. I believe the desire for God is innate to every man. This is why you will find ackowledging something greater than ourselves in every community of humanity throughout time.

Peace! >

@LC627 said...< Acknowledging "something greater" is different than submission to the One Lord and Savior. Their acknowledgement is really towards demons and false gods - not the True Messiah >

How can you say that?
How do you know what is in the hearts or Mr Ordinary in the street..you do not know what they seek after..

Above I quote of you as saying... 'They' never seek the true God but false ones and their heart is set on idols.

Crying out loud, that is one of the most foolish statements I have heard in a while!!
MANY have had a seed of the gospel shared with them by someone...who knows what nudging the Father is doing on their lives!
Who know their dealings..

And I honestly believe that God is trying to nudge all men...some will respond, but some will not.

I think you need to spend some one to one moments with Father God, and let Him tell you all about they... :oops:
You sit in judgement over them in your post here...I don't see any brokenness or weeping over their lost state!

I feel great brokenness over the lost and have weep over them. As far as the "they" I am referring to any and all who reject the Gospel. You are right that we can't know the heart of any person but we can see fruit of their actions and I do not believe that there is any good person on this earth. All have fallen short of God's glory (myself included). Man is naturally evil.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LC
It is one thing to FOREKNOW all that will happen.
Do you believe foreknowledge CAUSES something to happen?
Or we just KNOW it will?

Predestination means that God predestined everything that will happen.
Everything. The bible does not teach this. It teaches free will. I find it a little bothersome that some of us use the language of Calvin's teachings but then proclaim that they are not Calvinists. If we're NOT Calvinists, we should not be speaking as he taught.

What does 2 Timothy 1:9 mean?
2 Timothy 1:1 Paul is carrying out God's plan, and what is that plan? It is in the message that Jesus came to bring -- that whosoever believes in HIM will be saved. Salvation is in Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:5-7 It seems the faith is handed down from grandmother, to mother, and now to the daughter. No talk here of God purposefully and with no conditions giving the faith to them, except, of course, to offer it to everyone -- and they CHOSE to accept this faith God has offered.

2 Timothy 1:8-9 Paul tells Timothy to keep at the good work of his ministry
by the power of God who first saved him by his acceptance of the faith and THEN he (Timothy) was called to do this holy work for God. This plan was known by God before time began, Genesis 3:17 the salvation plan, which is in Jesus and which we no know ....this is the mystery often spoken of in Romans and other letters.

Foreknowledge does not equal responsibility. Predestination is clearly in the Bible or else the Holy Spirit would not have inspired the writers to put it in there. I am fully comfortable with the fact of God's foreknowledge and predestination. Whether one believes in it or not does not change the fact that salvation is clearly and only the work of God.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one?
John 6:44 which is used by Calvinists to prove their point...
Or
John 12:32 which proves that Jesus will draw ALL men to Him?
All of it. All scripture is inspired by God.