Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’ll do it for you

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Then Once saved always saved!

All catholic mumbo jumbo.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy to add some lightheartedness to your otherwise dreary existence.
Oh goodness....No dreary existence here kiddo. I have a great family, job and I have found The Church spoken of in Scripture. The Church has shown me the truth and it has set me free from the teachings of men like you. You are welcome to join!

But YES to the lightheartedness....I hope you and @Truther give me more.

All in fun....Mary

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

saved by baptism?
Added by baptism.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...You do keep me entertained. I think you long for a conversation with people and you get that on this forum. That is why you say silly things.....to get a response and keep the conversation going.

If you are lonely Truther and you just want to converse you can reach out to me in a PM. I will converse with you.

Mary
If I get lonely RCC style, I will go to their church and chat with the statues.

They chat with the imagination, sometimes cry or bleed too.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness....No dreary existence here kiddo. I have a great family, job and I have found The Church spoken of in Scripture. The Church has shown me the truth and it has set me free from the teachings of men like you. You are welcome to join!

But YES to the lightheartedness....I hope you and @Truther give me more.

All in fun....Mary
My buddy and I were working with a bunch of Catholics at a convent on a roof job. My buddy yells, "hey, that statue winked at me..call the Enquirer!".

The Catholic foreman started yelling, "F....u, F,....u.

LOL!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My buddy and I were working with a bunch of Catholics at a convent on a roof job. My buddy yells, "hey, that statue winked at me..call the Enquirer!".

The Catholic foreman started yelling, "F....u, F,....u.

LOL!
That sounds pretty miraculous. Did anyone notify The Vatican? I am willing to bet they would want to launch an investigation. Did your buddy convert after witnessing that miracle?

Curious Mary

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds pretty miraculous. Did anyone notify The Vatican? I am willing to bet they would want to launch an investigation. Did your buddy convert after witnessing that miracle?

Curious Mary
No, the Enquirer could not believe it. The Pope only subscribes to the Enquirer:)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I get lonely RCC style, I will go to their church and chat with the statues.

They chat with the imagination, sometimes cry or bleed too.
Why would you chat with a statue? They don't talk back!!! You do know that, don't you?

Oh, wait a minute. Your attempting to be-little and make fun of people that go to their Church, get down on their knees and pray. You think they are chatting with the statue....LOL...I get it....Your being condescending!!!!

I have heard of crying statues. Have you ever investigated if those are true miracles from God? Oh wait! God doesn't perform miracles....Well at least the crying statue ones since YOU don't agree with it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you chat with a statue? They don't talk back!!! You do know that, don't you?

Oh, wait a minute. Your attempting to be-little and make fun of people that go to their Church, get down on their knees and pray. You think they are chatting with the statue....LOL...I get it....Your being condescending!!!!

I have heard of crying statues. Have you ever investigated if those are true miracles from God? Oh wait! God doesn't perform miracles....Well at least the crying statue ones since YOU don't agree with it.
Wait just a cotton pickin minute, fella!

You RCC fella's taught me to fall prostrate in front of statues and talk to them.

Don't try to wiggle out of that.

Reactions: marksman

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You RCC fella's taught me to fall prostrate in front of statues and talk to them.

Really??? The Church teaches to fall prostrate in front of statues and talk to them.

Please quote that teaching from The Church. I will help you and provide you a couple of links that dictate Church teaching. Good luck kiddo: The Holy See

Catechism of the Catholic Church

Actually I’m not even going to waste both of our time. You won’t find any teaching that The Church tells one to fall prostrate in front of......Never mind....Once again you told another lie. Will you ever apologize? I doubt it. You can’t wiggle out of this lie kiddo.....but I’m sure you will come up with some bizarre response.

Can we get back to the issue at hand: Who founded your church Truther???

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes. These Catholics think that some of us are completely ignorant of Catholic faith and practise, forgetting that we were brought up in that faith, and me, educated as well throughout my life in Catholic Marist bros. And priest schools. And being Marist, there were statues of Mary everywhere, pictures everywhere, and all dressed up in flowers and decorations and candies, and look out of anyone who spoke or acted "inappropriately" in front of one. I believe the word "desecrate" is used if a statue is demonstrating abused or damaged. Why? If the statues aren't so special and arent sacred, what's the harm in any lack of respect? It's only plaster right? No. Not for the Catholic such things go way beyond just plaster. They have taken on the character and Sacredness of that one they are purported to represent, and thus insulting one is akin to insulting the other. Of course they worship the statue. To the Catholic, the statue and the person are one and the same. Which is exactly why God said, make no graven image.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??? The Church teaches to fall prostrate in front of statues and talk to them.

Please quote that teaching from The Church. I will help you and provide you a couple of links that dictate Church teaching. Good luck kiddo: The Holy See

Catechism of the Catholic Church

Actually I’m not even going to waste both of our time. You won’t find any teaching that The Church tells one to fall prostrate in front of......Never mind....Once again you told another lie. Will you ever apologize? I doubt it. You can’t wiggle out of this lie kiddo.....but I’m sure you will come up with some bizarre response.

Can we get back to the issue at hand: Who founded your church Truther???
Did I teach myself to fall in front of a statue and ask the statue to get her son to do stuff?

No, I had to qualify via catechism in a big RCC church in San Jose CA at about 8 years of age.

After they indoctrinated me, I had the instructional privilege to be allowed to pray to a 2000 year dead saints' statue.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. These Catholics think that some of us are completely ignorant of Catholic faith and practise, forgetting that we were brought up in that faith, and me, educated as well throughout my life in Catholic Marist bros. And priest schools. And being Marist, there were statues of Mary everywhere, pictures everywhere, and all dressed up in flowers and decorations and candies, and look out of anyone who spoke or acted "inappropriately" in front of one. I believe the word "desecrate" is used if a statue is demonstrating abused or damaged. Why? If the statues aren't so special and arent sacred, what's the harm in any lack of respect? It's only plaster right? No. Not for the Catholic such things go way beyond just plaster. They have taken on the character and Sacredness of that one they are purported to represent, and thus insulting one is akin to insulting the other. Of course they worship the statue. To the Catholic, the statue and the person are one and the same. Which is exactly why God said, make no graven image.
Excellent post.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I teach myself to fall in front of a statue and ask the statue to get her son to do stuff?

No, I had to qualify via catechism in a big RCC church in San Jose CA at about 8 years of age.

After they indoctrinated me, I had the instructional privilege to be allowed to pray to a 2000 year dead saints' statue.

there are no dead saints, that’s unbiblical

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am theresurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are no dead saints, that’s unbiblical

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am theresurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
There are dead statues that pose as saints, and over 1 billion Catholics think they are saints..

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are dead statues that pose as saints, and over 1 billion Catholics think they are saints..

that’s silly
No one thinks a statue is a real person

do you have any family photos and n your house?