Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who founded your church?

The one true is only founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors! Matt 16:18 matt 18:18
Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

John 10:14-16
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

“ONE FOLD”!!!

Roman Catholic
Jesus, Peter
Circa 30
Judea

Lutheranism/Protestantism
Martin Luther
Germany

Swiss Reformed Church
Zwingli
Switzerland

Mennonites
No single founder
Switzerland

Anglican Communion
King Henry 8th
England

Calvinism
John Calvin
Switzerland

Presbyterianism
John Knox
Scotland

Baptist Churches
John Smyth
Holland

Dutch Reformed
Michaelis Jones
Netherlands

Amish
Jakob Ammann
Switzerland

Methodism
John Wesley
England

Quakers
George Fox
England

Moravians
Count Zinendorf
Germany

Congregationalism
John & Charles Wesley
England

Swedenborg
Emanuel Swedenborg
Sweden

Brethren
John Darby
England

Latter-day Saints
Joseph Smith
NY, USA

Seventh Day Adventists
Ellen White
NH, USA

Salvation Army
William Booth
England

Jehovah's Witnesses
Charles Russell
PA, USA

Christian Science
Mary Baker Eddy
Pleasant View, NH USA

Pentecostalism
Charles Parham
CA, USA

Worldwide Church of God
Herbert W. Armstrong
1933/1947
OR, USA 4

Unification Church
Sun Myung Moon
South Korea

no man has authority to found a church only Jesus Christ the Lord!
Matt 16:18 “I will build my church”!!!
How clever....skipping Acts 2:38, 8:16, 10:46 and 19:5.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure right after you list the supposed 30+ thousand CHRIST believing Dominations.
I never made that claim so I’m not sure what you are talking about.

That’s what I thought....you can’t back up your theory. Thank you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus founded it in Acts 2 per Matt 16.

Saint....Let me show you why what you are teaching, wont work..... perfectly..

First, if you read Acts 2, it says that "3000 were added TO the Church".
So, to be added TO, means it was already there to receive them.
IT like the idea of going to church., as you can't go to it unless it already exists.
So, if you try to teach that the Church began with the "infilling" or with "" Tongues""", or during the Pentecostal event, then that is a problem, because you are teaching that the event of the Holy Ghost being given is the START of the Church.
However, Jesus already gave the Holy Spirit to the 11 Apostles when He "breathed on them" and said "receive the Holy Spirit". John 20
So, thats the same exact Holy Spirit that "poured out" at Pentecost, later.
See it?

This means, if you are really doing the math, then the church began with the first person who was redeemed by Faith.
That would be Abraham, the "father of all them who Believe".

But, im just being really specific, and its not going to harm anyone if you teach them that the church began at (Acts 2) Pentecost.....tho that is not actually or technically correct.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never made that claim so I’m not sure what you are talking about.

That’s what I thought....you can’t back up your theory. Thank you.

Not surprised you think NOT answering a

Really? I am curious. Can you name the top 5 out of those thousands that adheres to Jesus doctrine???

church of God which is at Corinth
church of the Laodiceans;
church of the Thessalonians
church of Ephesus
churches of numerous cities and country sides around the world called by names they have chosen...as Catholics have chosen their names.

Do you think that A Theory? LOL
Sheltered much?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhhh, no - post #1040 is by @FHII and it it has nothing to do with this question.

So, I ask you once again:
Can you show me where the BIBLE tells us that the "Invisible" Church is the TRUE Church?
Because, Matt 5:14 says that Christ's Church is a VISIBLE entity that cannot be "invisible".
Why is everyone incapable of going back a few pages?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhhh, no - post #1040 is by @FHII and it it has nothing to do with this question.

So, I ask you once again:
Can you show me where the BIBLE tells us that the "Invisible" Church is the TRUE Church?
Because, Matt 5:14 says that Christ's Church is a VISIBLE entity that cannot be "invisible".
#1047.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
me
You must choose (volition) to believe and must continue in that belief until death
Jn 3:16 matt 24:13
Then you don't know your Bible. How can anyone read the way Paul contrasts faith and works and think they are the same thing?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wrong. It was James....not sure why I wrote that. Thank you.

It has to do with work salvation because faith without works is dead. What more evidence do you want that faith without deeds is useless? It’s in scripture. Is that not enough for you? The discussion of faith and works doesn’t take place in a vacuum. It occurs in a specific context—the doctrine of justification.
Of course you can not have faith without works. Because if you did, it would not be faith at all. That's got nothing to do with being justified by works.
What do you do with this, though?
"Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

9 Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham’s faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! 11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. 12 And he is then also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also follow in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression."

Abraham was saved long before he did good works.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no invisible church

Only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors and those members of Christ by faith and baptism United with them, the communion of the saints
Jn 16:10

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The office of apostle that has the three fold office, to teach: to govern the church: and to sanctify by the sacraments or sacred oaths (promises) of the father! Acts 2:38-39 with ez 36:25-27 Heb 8:6

No invisible church? How do you know if you can't see it as in invisible?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say the church is invisible. Scripture says go to the church to settle our differences. How can you go to something that is invisible????
You read what I mean by invisible, right? I don't know what scripture you are referring to... but Corinthians 6 says to go to Christians and not non Christian court to settle differences among believers. Pretty much common sense. Doesn't mean there aren't fake Christians in the mix.