Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism is in the name of the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit
But the command to be baptized is in the name of Jesus

what does foreign languages have to do with your point?
The name of Jesus was always and only used per water baptism in the N.T. church.

It is obvious the titles of Jesus were not sufficient to remit sins.

The RCC changed it hundreds of years later, thinking the titles remit sins.

They duped us.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because you don’t know what works is
You don’t know there is two things refered to as works

works of the law: legal term refering to ordinances of the mosaic covenant that are nailed to the cross

works as apart from grace and faith or works alone and that is what Paul and scripture are opposed to not good works ( prayer penance, practice of righteousness, fasting, alms, virtues, etc. ) done thru faith in grace after baptism into Christ Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing
Amen, James speaks of salvation with works.

Faith without works is dead faith, which is no faith, which is making God unhappy.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is everyone incapable of going back a few pages?
I post #1047 – YOU stated the following:
"With the 100 or so denominations to choose from, and with all these declaring most positively that they are the one and only true church of God, this can be quite an unnerving and difficult task to have to decide between!"

Then, you quote John 10:14-16 as some sort of “proof” that the Church is an invisible body of believers – when this passage explicitly states that there is ONE fold with ONE Shepherd. You go on to reference John 4:19-24, which has nothing to do with an “invisible” Church.

The ONE thing you ARE correct about is your condemnation of “denominations”. The Catholic Church has taught this truth for 2000 years because the Catholic Church is NOT a “denomination”. It is the original tree from which Protestantism splintered – and continues to splinter perpetually.

Oh, and there are FAR more than “100” Protestant denominations. There are literally tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects.
So, if finding Christ's Chuch is an "unnerving task" - the FIRST thing you have to do is to disregard every one of those denominations if you are looking for the true Church because they were ALL formed by MEN - and no earlier than the 16th century.

Anyway, you go on to quote Acts 7:47-50, Heb. 8:10 and 2 Cor. 6:16 – NONE of which supports your false idea of an “invisible” Church.

It is now obvious to me why it took you TWO days to show me this post . . .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No invisible church? How do you know if you can't see it as in invisible?[/QUOTE

Matt 5:14
Ye (the apostles/ the church) are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(There is only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!) Jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one church which was founded by and through the shed blood of Jesus on the cross. Salvation comes through the blood and his lordship in our lives.

Yes one savior one sacrifice
One mediator and one covenant
How do you become a member and find union with the mediator and therefore God?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodnes how far does the deceit go. Grace bt faith , end of story doesnt need your religion its doctrines nor its doings to save any man, how arrogant.
You cannot receive grace without faith and baptism (sacraments)
Baptismal regeneration is the initiation into the new covenant in union with the mediator and therefore God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodnes how far does the deceit go. Grace bt faith , end of story doesnt need your religion its doctrines nor its doings to save any man, how arrogant.

Sacrament!

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name of Jesus was always and only used per water baptism in the N.T. church.

It is obvious the titles of Jesus were not sufficient to remit sins.

The RCC changed it hundreds of years later, thinking the titles remit sins.

They duped us.

no Jesus said and I quote Matt 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no Jesus said and I quote Matt 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
What is the name of the son?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because you don’t know what works is
You don’t know there is two things refered to as works

works of the law: legal term refering to ordinances of the mosaic covenant that are nailed to the cross

works as apart from grace and faith or works alone and that is what Paul and scripture are opposed to not good works ( prayer penance, practice of righteousness, fasting, alms, virtues, etc. ) done thru faith in grace after baptism into Christ Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing
Prayers and fasting and alms, ect do not save a person. Correct, without him they are just empty works. Works done in the Spirit will be rewarded, but they don't do anything to save us.

Whose law was the Mosaic law? God's law, but even before Christ came only faith saved. Substituting a new set of rules for the old covenant is just as bad as trusting the Mosaic law to save you.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is a direct reference to baptismal regeneration
See ez 36/25-27

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
It's using the symbolism of water to show us that God alone saves.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and there are FAR more than “100” Protestant denominations. There are literally tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects.
So, if finding Christ's Chuch is an "unnerving task" - the FIRST thing you have to do is to disregard every one of those denominations if you are looking for the true Church
I agree. The church isn't a denomination. And
On July 16, 1054, Patriarch of Constantinople Michael Cerularius was excommunicated, starting the “Great Schism” that created the two largest denominations in Christianity—the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox.
One of the many religious disagreements between the western (Roman) and eastern (Byzantine) branches of the church had to do with whether or not it was acceptable to use unleavened bread for the sacrament of communion. (The west supported the practice, while the east did not.) Other objects of religious dispute include the exact wording of the Nicene Creed and the Western belief that clerics should remain celibate.

This is almost as silly as church splits over shoe laces, which supposedly have actually happened.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You cannot receive grace without faith and baptism (sacraments)
Baptismal regeneration is the initiation into the new covenant in union with the mediator and therefore God!
How would you know all you do is quote your churches doctrines, you know nothing of the things of God, it all about selling a harlot.What do they call people that do that...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayers and fasting and alms, ect do not save a person. Correct, without him they are just empty works. Works done in the Spirit will be rewarded, but they don't do anything to save us.

Whose law was the Mosaic law? God's law, but even before Christ came only faith saved. Substituting a new set of rules for the old covenant is just as bad as trusting the Mosaic law to save you.

now we have grace