Who is Going to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:22 ESV)

The apostle Paul’s letter was written to spirit anointed Christians in Corinth, who would be resurrected to life in heaven. Those Christians were "called to be saints” or "holy ones"....

"Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus. . . .
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours".
(1 Corinthians 1:1-2)
Paul there differentiates those called to heaven (saints) from those who are not. "Both their Lord and ours" signifies two separate groups who accept Jesus as their "Lord".

And Paul also mentioned those who have fallen asleep [in death] in union with Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:18, 2 Corinthians 5:17) So those who had died faithful were assured of their reward. They would rule with Christ in his heavenly kingdom. (Revelation 20:6)

In another inspired letter, Paul wrote to these ones... “Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?.” (Romans 6:3-5) Jesus was raised as a spirit and went to heaven. So that will be the outcome for all who have been baptized into Christ Jesusthat is, all spirit-anointed Christians.

Paul wrote that Christ was raised asthe firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.[in death].” (1 Corinthians 15:20) Jesus was the first human ever to be raised from the dead as a spirit and to receive everlasting life....."He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead..." (Colossians 1:18)

So some interesting questions arise here.....who goes to heaven and what will they do there?
Since Revelation 20:6 speaks of these ones as "kings and priests" ruling with Christ for 1,000 years, it is clear that these are ruling over people, and they are acting as priests for them.

So who are their subjects and for whom do they act as priests?

Revelation 21:2-4 answers....
"2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. (ESV)

The "new Jerusalem" is God's Kingdom, bringing God's rulership to "man"...to redeemed humans on earth. This is a restoration of God's original purpose for the human race.....the "former things" that made life a misery, will have "passed away"...no longer a cause for pain, suffering and death.....and the dead will be resurrected to join those who survive the end times.

That...is the "good news of the Kingdom". (Matthew 24:14)

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only one who abides in Christ Jesus will go to Heaven, one must be truly born again and as one in the Body of our Lord and Saviour.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the 144, 000 already anointed will go to heaven, to serve Jehovah and Christ.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:22 ESV)

The apostle Paul’s letter was written to spirit anointed Christians in Corinth, who would be resurrected to life in heaven. Those Christians were "called to be saints” or "holy ones"....

"Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus. . . .
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours".
(1 Corinthians 1:1-2)
Paul there differentiates those called to heaven (saints) from those who are not. "Both their Lord and ours" signifies two separate groups who accept Jesus as their "Lord".

And Paul also mentioned those who have fallen asleep [in death] in union with Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:18, 2 Corinthians 5:17) So those who had died faithful were assured of their reward. They would rule with Christ in his heavenly kingdom. (Revelation 20:6)

In another inspired letter, Paul wrote to these ones... “Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?.” (Romans 6:3-5) Jesus was raised as a spirit and went to heaven. So that will be the outcome for all who have been baptized into Christ Jesusthat is, all spirit-anointed Christians.

Paul wrote that Christ was raised asthe firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.[in death].” (1 Corinthians 15:20) Jesus was the first human ever to be raised from the dead as a spirit and to receive everlasting life....."He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead..." (Colossians 1:18)

So some interesting questions arise here.....who goes to heaven and what will they do there?
Since Revelation 20:6 speaks of these ones as "kings and priests" ruling with Christ for 1,000 years, it is clear that these are ruling over people, and they are acting as priests for them.

So who are their subjects and for whom do they act as priests?

Revelation 21:2-4 answers....
"2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. (ESV)

The "new Jerusalem" is God's Kingdom, bringing God's rulership to "man"...to redeemed humans on earth. This is a restoration of God's original purpose for the human race.....the "former things" that made life a misery, will have "passed away"...no longer a cause for pain, suffering and death.....and the dead will be resurrected to join those who survive the end times.

That...is the "good news of the Kingdom". (Matthew 24:14)
Am I gonna be there AJ?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
just for your information JP, I'm number 139,996.....only a few places left....you better put your hand up quick!

But one of the prerequisites of becoming a heavenly priest with Christ in the near future at the beginning of the Millennium Age, is that you must loss you head for your faith, otherwise you will have to wait until the end of the Millennium Age to get into heaven.

Oh well, it looks like the Pre-tribbers will not be among those who get into heaven at the beginning of the Millennium Age.:D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But one of the prerequisites of becoming a heavenly priest with Christ in the near future at the beginning of the Millennium Age, is that you must loss you head for your faith, otherwise you will have to wait until the end of the Millennium Age to get into heaven.

Oh well, it looks like the Pre-tribbers will not be among those who get into heaven at the beginning of the Millennium Age.:D
Some might say I've lost my head already.....does that qualify?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some might say I've lost my head already.....does that qualify?

You will have to ask the administrators of the program who are establishing this special heavenly priesthood from among the saints.

My understanding is that the requirement is the complete severing of the head from the rest of the body, but your condition maybe adequate.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You will have to ask the administrators of the program who are establishing this special heavenly priesthood from among the saints.

My understanding is that the requirement is the complete severing of the head from the rest of the body, but your condition maybe adequate.
Should I put the application in in triplicate just to be certain it doesn't get lost in the wheels.....ones without rubber of course, just to keep the carbon footprint down in the Universe!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Should I put the application in in triplicate just to be certain it doesn't get lost in the wheels.....ones without rubber of course, just to keep the carbon footprint down in the Universe!

Sorry, I am not considered to be management material, so i cannot tell you what the upper levels require. :cool:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is Going to Heaven?
OP ^

I first consider the Heaven(S).

Duet. 10:
[14] Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

I consider the heaven(S) to be; Gods Kingdom.
The portion of the sky, where we see the clouds.
The portion of the sky, where we see the planets/stars.
The portion of the sky, we do not see, beyond the planets/stars; Gods Throne.

Who/What goes to Heaven; My answer would be:
* Physically alive Body’s, souls, spirits of men, have experienced going/being in the clouds of Heaven. (Airplanes, rockets)
* Souls and spirits of Saved and physically dead men have experienced Heaven about the range of the stars.
* Souls and spirits of Saved men Continue going to Heaven, as their body physically dies and it remains on earth.
* Glorified Body’s, Saved souls, Quickened spirits of men shall experience Heaven at the cloud level, before the (7 yr) Last Tribulation of God begins.
* A future, WHEN mortal men do NOT inhabit the face of the earth, fallen angels, do NOT inhabit the face of the earth...the barriers (seen and unseen) between heaven and earth opened and as it is IN Heaven, so shall it be ON the face of the Earth.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the 144, 000 already anointed will go to heaven, to serve Jehovah and Christ.

The 144k mentioned in the Bible refer to 12k from the 12 tribes of Israel. To my recollection, these would be witnesses for Christ on earth during the tribulation to bring people to Him during the 7-year tribulation. Not the number of people going to heaven. Just something to research :)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 144k mentioned in the Bible refer to 12k from the 12 tribes of Israel. To my recollection, these would be witnesses for Christ on earth during the tribulation to bring people to Him during the 7-year tribulation. Not the number of people going to heaven. Just something to research :)
Something else to research is who is this "Israel"? We know that it is not the fleshly nation of Israel because Jesus said that God had abandoned them due to their errors and faithless disobedience. (Matthew 23) These were the ones who, convinced by their religious leaders that Jesus was a fraud, cursed themselves and their children with Christ's blood. (Matthew 27:25)

The apostle Paul identified the new "Israel" in Galatians 6:16...
"And all who will follow this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God." This was referring to all his Christian brothers and sisters, only some of whom were all of the "heavenly calling" (Hebrews 3:1) These were not just fleshly Israel but included the Gentile Christians as well.
So how is "Israel", not Israel?

Romans 2:28-29...
"For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from people, but from God."
So it is God's spirit that "calls" these ones to their heavenly posting....they make up the 144,000 seen in heaven with the Lamb.

The "Israel of God" are not fleshly Jews even though there are many fleshly Jews among them...."spiritual" Israel make up the Kingdom rulers who are "bought from among mankind as firstfruits". (Revelation 14:1-5) These are "first" in their choosing and "first" in their resurrection, (Revelation 20:6) which means that these will rule over those on earth, identified by Paul as also calling on the name of the Lord Jesus for their salvation. (1 Corinthians 1:2)

This second group is also spoken about in Revelation ch 7.

After seeing the ones who were "sealed" (the 144,000) John sees another group.....
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all the tribes, peoples, and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10 and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. . . . Then one of the elders responded, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” 14 I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:9-10, 13-14)

The second group who are also Christ's disciples are said to "come out of the great tribulation" which occurs on earth. They are the earthly survivors of that coming time of great trouble for all of earth's inhabitants... (Matthew 24:21) It will herald the coming Battle of Armageddon, where the forces of good and evil will finally have their showdown....those who have not followed the devil's lies and been led down the wrong path will be acknowledged by Jesus as those 'blessed by his Father' (sheep)....but those who were deceived and accepted the lies as truth (goats) will be on the end of a stinging rejection. (Matthew 7:21-23)

The earthly survivors can look forward to the fulfillment of Revelation 21:2-4...
"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” (ESV)

God's purpose for mankind has never changed.....it was never his intention to take any human to heaven, but true to his compassionate nature, he has allowed those from among mankind to rule their fellow humans in bringing us back to square one, to start afresh.....even Jesus has experienced being a mere mortal and knows the power of sin as he saw it in his own disciples.

Paul said....
"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:14-16)

I am not familiar with the 7 year tribulation...can you share a scripture that states that the tribulation will last 7 years?

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul