Who is the One that is Coming ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a sense in which you are your father? Absurdity upon absurdity is being presented by some.

There is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5); and scripture is clear that this Lord is the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). However, no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)). And Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Now if Jesus is not the Father, then the Father is a Lord apart from Jesus. Therefore if you are going to speak by the Holy Ghost, and say that Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)), you are in fact proclaiming two Lords.

However, this idea is contrary to scripture (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29).

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a sense in which you are your father? Absurdity upon absurdity is being presented by some.
carnal thinking, oh the carnal mind, listen, Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."
Romans 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
Romans 8:7 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

now Enoch 111 since you're after the flesh, question, are you a "MALE" in Christ Jesus... yes or no?.... :rolleyes:

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theoretically I could go back in time and impregnate my own mother 9 mos before I was born.

What would be the result (other than a sexual union that would be Eudipal in nature)?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabotage: deliberately destroy, damage, or obstruct (something), especially for political or military advantage.

Well what I’m doing is neither political or military….. or are you calling me a spiritual saboteur? :D

PICJAG

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where is the bible is Jesus called God the Father?
Never. He is called "the everlasting [Father]" in Isa 9:6, but that needs to be properly interpret.

כִּי־יֶ֣לֶד יֻלַּד־לָ֗נוּ בֵּ֚ן נִתַּן־לָ֔נוּ וַתְּהִ֥י הַמִּשְׂרָ֖ה עַל־שִׁכְמֹ֑ו וַיִּקְרָ֨א שְׁמֹ֜ו פֶּ֠לֶא יֹועֵץ֙ אֵ֣ל גִּבֹּ֔ור אֲבִיעַ֖ד שַׂר־שָׁלֹֽום

That Hebrew word abiyad or aviyad means perpetuity or everlasting. Christ is from everlasting to everlasting. Then in what sense is He a Father?

JOHN GILL'S COMMENTARY MAKE IT VERY CLEAR
'The everlasting Father;

CHRIST IS NOT GOD THE FATHER
which does not design any relation of Christ in the Godhead; and there is but one Father in the Godhead, and that is the first Person; indeed Christ and the Father are one, and the Father is in him, and he is in the Father, and he that has seen the one has seen the other, and yet they are distinct, Christ is not the Father; the Son and Spirit may be considered with the first Person as Father, in creation and regeneration, they being jointly concerned therein, but not in the Trinity: it is easy to make it appear Christ is not the Father, but is distinct from him, since he is said to be with the Father from eternity, to be the Son of the Father in truth and love, his own Son, his only begotten and beloved Son; Christ frequently calls the first Person his Father, prayed to him as such, and is our advocate with him, as well as the way unto him; he is said to be sent by the Father, to come from him, and to go to him; and many things are said of Christ that cannot be said of the Father, as his being made flesh, suffering and dying in the room of his people; and the Father is said to do many things unto him, as to anoint him, to seal him, to show him all he did, to commit all judgment to him, and give him to have life in himself as he had:...

CHRIST IS FATHER TO HIS REDEEMED BRETHREN (AS SHEPHERD OF HIS SHEEP)
...but Christ is a Father with respect to chosen men, who were given him as his children and offspring in covenant; who are adopted into that family that is named of him, and who are regenerated by his Spirit and grace: and to these he is an "everlasting Father";'

I believe this verse has a double application (to both Isaiah and Christ): Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. (Isa 8:18)

Reactions: ChristisGod

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never. He is called "the everlasting [Father]" in Isa 9:6, but that needs to be properly interpret.

כִּי־יֶ֣לֶד יֻלַּד־לָ֗נוּ בֵּ֚ן נִתַּן־לָ֔נוּ וַתְּהִ֥י הַמִּשְׂרָ֖ה עַל־שִׁכְמֹ֑ו וַיִּקְרָ֨א שְׁמֹ֜ו פֶּ֠לֶא יֹועֵץ֙ אֵ֣ל גִּבֹּ֔ור אֲבִיעַ֖ד שַׂר־שָׁלֹֽום

That Hebrew word abiyad or aviyad means perpetuity or everlasting. Christ is from everlasting to everlasting. Then in what sense is He a Father?

JOHN GILL'S COMMENTARY MAKE IT VERY CLEAR
'The everlasting Father;

CHRIST IS NOT GOD THE FATHER
which does not design any relation of Christ in the Godhead; and there is but one Father in the Godhead, and that is the first Person; indeed Christ and the Father are one, and the Father is in him, and he is in the Father, and he that has seen the one has seen the other, and yet they are distinct, Christ is not the Father; the Son and Spirit may be considered with the first Person as Father, in creation and regeneration, they being jointly concerned therein, but not in the Trinity: it is easy to make it appear Christ is not the Father, but is distinct from him, since he is said to be with the Father from eternity, to be the Son of the Father in truth and love, his own Son, his only begotten and beloved Son; Christ frequently calls the first Person his Father, prayed to him as such, and is our advocate with him, as well as the way unto him; he is said to be sent by the Father, to come from him, and to go to him; and many things are said of Christ that cannot be said of the Father, as his being made flesh, suffering and dying in the room of his people; and the Father is said to do many things unto him, as to anoint him, to seal him, to show him all he did, to commit all judgment to him, and give him to have life in himself as he had:...

CHRIST IS FATHER TO HIS REDEEMED BRETHREN (AS SHEPHERD OF HIS SHEEP)
...but Christ is a Father with respect to chosen men, who were given him as his children and offspring in covenant; who are adopted into that family that is named of him, and who are regenerated by his Spirit and grace: and to these he is an "everlasting Father";'

I believe this verse has a double application (to both Isaiah and Christ): Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. (Isa 8:18)
well, well, well, my, my, my, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

the Spirit of Christ was in the prophet of OLD, who was in the prophet of old? and here the term "Spirit" is capitalized. so who Spirit is it Enoch 111.

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but Christ is a Father with respect to chosen men,

Mal 2:10, Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

So, you say, Christ is a father to chosen men, but not the Father.

Is the Father in the Trinity the father of these chosen men?

How many fathers do they now have?

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith, he is carnal, and think carnal, so you have to used carnal thinking for to be understood. so lets use this scripture, Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;" NOW HE MIGHT RESPOND TO THAT..... o_O

see he has no clue that "Father" is a title of the Lord Jesus. ... oh well...........

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isa 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)"

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Rom 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ who is God over all forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Heb 1:8
But of the Son He says,
"YOUR THRONE O GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER

Heb 1:10
He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

2 Peter 1:11
for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 John 5:20

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

Rev 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that liveth, was dead, but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Rev 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Rev 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

hope this helps !!!

Do not know if 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 has been brought up yet or discussed. 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. [25] For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. [26] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. [27] For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him. [28] And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Reactions: Davy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith, he is carnal, and think carnal, so you have to used carnal thinking for to be understood. so lets use this scripture, Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;" NOW HE MIGHT RESPOND TO THAT..... o_O

see he has no clue that "Father" is a title of the Lord Jesus. ... oh well...........

PICJAG.

I believe that it is written that if we don't enter the kingdom like a little child we won't enter it at all.

One thing that I know about children is, they can count with the fingers on their hands.

Reactions: 101G

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not know if 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 has been brought up yet or discussed. 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. [25] For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. [26] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. [27] For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him. [28] And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Hi VIJ...

This is explained by the fact that the Father, dwelling in eternity, cannot cease to dwell in eternity when He descends to become the Son. He lived one eternal moment and then descended to incarnate as Jesus Christ of Nazareth,

Eph 3:11, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

The Father, in descending to incarnate, both went forward to become the Son and also stayed behind as the eternal Spirit.

This can only be explained by the fact that in Genesis, ten dimensions can be extrapolated from looking at the Bible codes in chapter 1. So there are ten dimensions.

Picture a two-dimensional figure. It has not concept of a third dimension. Three-dimensional beings would appear to be supernatural to them. I could put my hand through the piece of paper that they dwell upon and it would appear that a giant simply appeared in front of them. And if I withdrew my hand, it would seem that the same giant disappeared.

We are four-dimensional (if you include the dimension of time). That leaves six dimensions above our own that God can work with in working out His plans.

In this, God can do the impossible.

But we know from holy scripture that there is one God (James 2:19) and that He is one Lord (Mark 12:29).

I have mentioned on not a few occasions that there is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5); even the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21); and that no one can say that Jesus is "the" Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)). And Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Therefore if Jesus is not the Father, then the Father is a separate Lord apart from Jesus. And that is two Lords; a concept that is contrary to scripture (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@VictoryinJesus This in my humble opinion would be well after the Rapture of the church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

When?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

When?
When we do not know but Jesus did say in Matthew 24 there would be signs that His Coming soon approaches and to be ready for He will come like a thief in the night when its unexpected.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Taken

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many contend that Pentecost fulfilled Christ's "coming". This doesn't explain however the many prophecies of His coming written after Pentecost.
The Father and Son are two distinct persons. Both are to be recognised, and even parables tend to indicate this.
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 KJV
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
1 Corinthians 8:6 KJV
33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.
Matthew 21:33-46 KJV

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was begotten in the incarnation
Totally incorrect. Christ has been the only begotten Son of God from eternity past. In the incarnation the only begotten Son (also called the Word of God) took human form as Jesus of Nazareth. Micah 5:2 includes both aspects of Christ -- His eternal existence as well as His birth in Bethlehem.

I see that you really do not adhere to biblical theology and mislead others. That is definitely not "just by faith".

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.
One would think that no one could ever be confused about this matter. And yet here we are.

BTW those *clouds* are a metaphor for the clouds of saints and angels who will surround Christ as His Second Coming. They will give the appearance of white and radiant clouds from a distance.

Reactions: ChristisGod

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Isa 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isa 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)"

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Rom 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ who is God over all forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Heb 1:8
But of the Son He says,
"YOUR THRONE O GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER

Heb 1:10
He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

2 Peter 1:11
for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 John 5:20

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

Rev 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that liveth, was dead, but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Rev 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Rev 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

hope this helps !!!
you add to Scripture, and you dont have a clue how far off you are, and no one will be able to tell you bc you do not have the ears to hear. And i guess this wont help any either huh. So then keep speaking as if you know, so that the rest of may understand that you dont i guess