Who is the One that is Coming ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still the old striving by Jews who refuse to believe that Jesus of Nazareth is GOD The Son, and instead want to play Pantheism with the Godhead.

Luke 20:41-44
41 And He said unto them, "How say they that Christ is David's son?

42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, 'The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.'

44 David therefore calleth Him Lord, how is He then His son?"
KJV

There is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6).

The same Lord who inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15) also descended to become a Man and inhabits a human flesh body. Each one is the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4, John 4:24). There are ten dimensions in reality.

It should be clear that the LORD is, in fact, the Lord (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21); and that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6).

It is the same Spirit who inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15) who also descended to become incarnated as a Man (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

There is a dissonance that takes place because of the relationship between time and eternity. Because the Son dwells in time; and the Father dwells in eternity: they are in many ways distinct from one another. The Son is also in flesh; while the Father is not in flesh.

While, I will say to you truly that they are the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4, John 4:24). Because the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, are God; and therefore they are a singular Spirit...one God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, James 2:19)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I may be wrong in any of what I preach; and therefore I would welcome correction if it can be shown that I am wrong in something if I am in fact wrong.

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you have a great attitude !
I can't take the credit for it. When I was a young believer the Lord led me to pray for three virtues to be in my heart: wisdom, humility, and love.

In order for Him to work that into me I have actually had to go through the mental health system as a patient; but I believe He has used every circumstance in my life to bring about the answer to that prayer.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Of these things put them in remembrance,
charging them before the Lord
that they strive not about words to no profit,
but to the subverting of the hearers.'

(2 Timothy 2:14)

Hello there,@Christophany & Co.,

Reading through this thread you have entered, Christophany, along with that which you entered subsequently, I understand what you are endeavouring to establish, and appreciate the study that has gone into both, but each thread has become a striving about words to no profit.

If we all simply read God's word, believe what is written, and rejoice in it, as it stands, without attempting to bring it down to the level of our own understanding; then there would be no problem, and we could all rejoice in it together. Rejoice in God the Father through Christ Jesus His only Begotten Son, by the Holy Spirit, and rejoice that they are One (though that concept is beyond our ability to fully understand).

'Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.'

(Pro 3:5)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'If our love were but more simple,
We should take Him at His word;
And our lives would be all sunshine
In the sweetness of our Lord.'

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we all simply read God's word, believe what is written, and rejoice in it, as it stands, without attempting to bring it down to the level of our own understanding; then there would be no problem,

Pro 2:1, My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
Pro 2:2, So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Pro 2:3, Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
Pro 2:4, If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5, Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pro 2:1, My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
Pro 2:2, So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Pro 2:3, Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
Pro 2:4, If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5, Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
'If any of you lack wisdom,
let him ask of God,
that giveth to all men liberally,
and upbraideth not;
and it shall be given him.'

(Jas 1:5)

Hello @justbyfaith,

The lovely thing about asking God for wisdom is that He, 'upbraideth not'. It is His knowledge and His wisdom that we need, isn't it? Which is why Paul prays as he does in Ephesians 1 & 3 and Colossians 1.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the bible is Jesus called God the Father ?

I can play along with the semantics game all day but its not fruitful.

Jehovah only doesn't work and isn't an idea written in God's Word, nor is a Jesus only idea either.

Even though Lord Jesus told Philip in John 14 that those who had seen Him (Jesus) had seen The Father, it still did not mean The Father had left Heaven. It wasn't like GOD in totality left Heaven and was manifested as Jesus in the flesh. If that were so, then who did Jesus pray to while in the flesh?

Nor did Jesus' birth in the flesh mean He was just a flesh human only, because He still remained part of The Godhead while in the flesh. Jesus' Diety as a Person in The Godhead didn't change with His birth in the flesh. What changed was His willingness to put on sinful flesh and suffer like us, to be the Perfect Sacrifice for sin, to redeem those who believe. That's why Jesus of Nazareth was God come in the flesh, because only God can be That Saviour.

Just because men's flesh cannot understand Three Persons in The Godhead, that doesn't mean to go against God's Word which points to it emphatically.

And we are ALWAYS to pray to The Father... in the name of Jesus Christ, not pray just to Jesus. That is why Lord Jesus gave us the method of prayer in Luke 11, and it starts off with addressing The Father in Heaven.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must not be a modalist then (though I have been accused of being one) because I do see that there are three distinct Persons in the Godhead (though each one is the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4, John 4:24).

YO uare right! YOU are not a modalist. A modalist is one who believes there is only one person called God who manifests HImself in three modes. sometimes He is the Father, sometimes the Son, sometimes the spirit.They do share one spirit- absolute divinity. They are all equally God in essence though different in person.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
is this your modus operandi with drive by 1 liner ad hominem attacks ?

can you contribute with scripture once in a while ?
sure, i could provide the Scripture for that, but then we tend to attribute all the "bad" ones to everyone else anyway i think? So it comes across as more disconnected, rather than less, seems like. Virtually no one likes to attribute the "bad" Scriptures to themselves eh; i mean we got believers right here making up sunshine and rainbows 24/7 as it is? Contrary to Scripture?
"When We All Get to Heaven?"

It just seems maybe a little more useful to point out the more obvious ego-inflation and deflecting going on, and let the response tell you where they wanna go, in this case another deflection and more ego boosting?

when those in Judea see this, head for the mountains
is i guess def the thing to do irl tho, yes
irl i would just nod and sell him a bomb shelter or whatever ok

Last edited: