Who is the Queen of Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Pearl

This is the Literal Translation Version

Jer 44:17 for we certainly do everything that hath gone out of our mouth, to make perfume to the queen of the heavens, and to pour out to her libations, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our heads, in cities of Judah, and in streets of Jerusalem, and—we are satisfied with bread, and we are well, and evil we have not seen. Jer 44:18 'And from the time we have ceased to make perfume to the queen of the heavens, and to pour out to her libations, we have lacked all, and by sword and by famine we have been consumed,
Jer 44:20 And Jeremiah saith unto all the people, concerning the men and concerning the women, and concerning all the people who are answering him, saying:

Jer 44:21 'The perfume that ye made in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, ye, and your fathers, your kings, and your heads, and the people of the land, hath not Jehovah remembered it? yea, it cometh up on His heart. Jer 44:22 And Jehovah is not able any more to accept you , because of the evil of your doings, because of the abominations that ye have done, and your land is for a waste, and for an astonishment, and for a reviling, without inhabitant, as at this day. Jer 44:23 'Because that ye have made perfume, and because ye have sinned against Jehovah, and have not hearkened to the voice of Jehovah, and in His law, and in His statutes, and in His testimonies ye have not walked, therefore hath this evil met you as at this day.'

Some found commentary:
queen of heaven: or, frame of heaven. As the Sun was worshipped, not only under the name of baal shamayim "Lord of heaven," but also by that of Molech or King; it is likely also that the Moon was adored as melecheth hashshamayim "the Queen of heaven." So the Orphic hymn addressed to the Moon begins Κλυθι θεα ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΑ, "Hear, goddess Queen." And Homer, in his Hymn to the Moon, addresses her, Χαιρε, ανασσα, θεα "All hail, Queen, goddess." In Epiphanius, we find some women of Arabia, towards the end of the fourth century, had set up another queen of heaven, the Virgin Mary, too well known since under that name and character, whom they likewise worshipped as a goddess, by holding stated assemblies every year to her honour, and by offering a cake of bread in her name; whence these heretics were called Collyridians, from the Greek κολλυρις, a cake. Jer 7:18; 2Ki 17:16

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely. Not who the Catholics say she is.

My dear Pearl,

Yes indeed who Catholics say she is. Mother of the KING! With all that follows from that..

Consider, that we cannot honour her more than God already has, in choosing her and forming her to be His mother!

If Jesus is King, (and He is!) Then Mary is de jure Queen with all that follows..

Daughter of Israel, Mother of the Church, greatest of God's creatures,

Pray for us!

'Non serviam!' Has ever been the cry of the enemy who hates her more than any other creature!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 12:1 does not say that.

Mary is dead-- your church didn't do the Assumption thing til the 1950s.

the church founded by Christ on Peter had always believed and taught the assumption!

it was defined by the teaching authority of Christ in his apostles in 1950

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church founded by Christ on Peter had always believed and taught the assumption!

it was defined by the teaching authority of Christ in his apostles in 1950

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5
All the way till 1950, but believed all along? I don't believe it. In the writings of Peter (in the Bible), there is no mention of it
Mary is dead, waiting for the resurrection.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the way till 1950, but believed all along? I don't believe it. In the writings of Peter (in the Bible), there is no mention of it
Mary is dead, waiting for the resurrection.

scripture first must establish Christ!
As the church wrote and taught scripture and you believe it why don’t you believe all the church teaches with the authority of Christ Matt 28:19 and the guarantee of the Holy Spirt Jn 16:13?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:27
Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold myhands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They believe that Mary intercedes but she doesn't and she can't - it is all just a made up story to pacify pagans.

1. Romans 8:26
    In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

2. Romans 8:27
    And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture first must establish Christ!
As the church wrote and taught scripture and you believe it why don’t you believe all the church teaches with the authority of Christ Matt 28:19 and the guarantee of the Holy Spirt Jn 16:13?
Scripture DOES establish Christ!!
Why didn't Peter mention the assumption?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read these passages this morning and want to know who is the Queen of Heaven that the burned incense to that made god angry?

Jeremiah 44:16-18

16 “We will not listen to the message you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord! 17 We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our ancestors, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm. 18 But ever since we stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have had nothing and have been perishing by sword and famine.”

Jeremiah 44:20-23
20 Then Jeremiah said to all the people, both men and women, who were answering him, 21 “Did not the Lord remember and call to mind the incense burned in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem by you and your ancestors, your kings and your officials and the people of the land? 22 When the Lord could no longer endure your wicked actions and the detestable things you did, your land became a curse and a desolate waste without inhabitants, as it is today. 23 Because you have burned incense and have sinned against the Lord and have not obeyed him or followed his law or his decrees or his stipulations, this disaster has come upon you, as you now see.”
These references are probably to some evil depiction of a goddess that God condemned. It doesn't speak of Mary or any other heavenly spirit or resurrected being.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:27
Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold myhands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

I agree that theefaith's post is off-topic, however...

It is lunacy to think that Jesus spoke like this. "Reach hither thy finger"? "reach hither thy hand"?

He spoke Aramaic, the language of the common people. Here is a much better rendition of John 20:27, "Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and examine my hands. Extend your hand and put it into my side. Do not continue in your unbelief, but believe.”

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is lunacy to think that Jesus spoke like this. "Reach hither thy finger"? "reach hither thy hand"?

He spoke Aramaic, the language of the common people. Here is a much better rendition of John 20:27, "Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and examine my hands. Extend your hand and put it into my side. Do not continue in your unbelief, but believe.”
The "thrust it into my side" speaks of a spear being "thrust" into his side. Mormons use that also in the book of Mormon if I remember correctly. And I've never understood that as it sounds like what the enemy of God would do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the Queen of Heaven.
OP ^

Baal was the famed false heavenly god among pagan Gentiles.
Asharoth was the famed false heavenly goddess, wife of Baal, among pagan Gentiles.

Pagan lands of Gentiles were primarily:
Syria, Phoenicia, Canaan.

Israel (the People) failed to overcome the Pagans, and many ended up Joining with pagan ideologies and worship.

Some Hebrews/ Tribesmen of Israel, adopted pagan Gentiles god, Baal
And his pagan wife, as queen of heaven.

Praising, worshiping, offerings were given to the pagan Gentiles god and goddess.

Women desiring children, often made breads, for offering to the pagan goddess, (supposed deity of fertility), in her Temple.

Judges 2:
[13] And they (Israel) forsook the LORD, and served Baal and
Asharoth.

Queen of Heaven, is an unflattering, derogatory term used to describe a false female deity.

Status
Not open for further replies.