Who is the Queen of Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we must be subject to Peter in Acts 2:38, whom was subject to Jesus per Matt 28:19.

Please explain why scripture says father and son?

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not doubt that when @BreadOfLife and @theefaith fill out a form, they render it thus...

Fill in the Name of your Country = They write the word country
Fill in the Name of your State = They write the word state
Fill in the Name of your City = They write the word city

we simply obey Christ the king!!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain why scripture says father and son?

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

There is 1 God and 1 man... which equals 2.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Exactly.

Mary was the mother of the man Jesus Christ, the second man and the last Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Corinthians 15:47), the Son of God, the Son of man.

She was not the mother of God. A mother exists before her son. God existed before Mary. Jesus existed before Mary.

1 Timothy 2:5
"For God is one, and there is one Mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus"

Reactions: Jim B and Truther

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copy @Philip James
Mary was the mother of the man Jesus Christ, the second man and the last Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Corinthians 15:47), the Son of God, the Son of man.
She was not the mother of God.

"For God is one, and there is one Mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus"
Jesis IS God and always WAS God - even in the womb.

Can YOU show me where the Bible even IMPLIES that His deity and humanity were separated in the womb? I didn't think so. He unites to himself TWO natures: FULLY God and FULLY Man.
Those two natures can NO MORE be "separated" that YOUR two natures (flesj and spirit) - until you DIE, hat is..

Ergo, Jesus is GOD and Mary is His Mother, according to Scripture (Luke 1:31, John 2:1-2) - and there isn't a SHRED of Scriptural evidence to refute this fact.
Good luck trying - and good luck denying Him to His face when He's judging you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I LOVE IT when ignorant ant-Trinitarians try to use this as "evidence".

Jesus is FULLY Man and FULLY God.
The MAN was put to death (i.e., "mediated" for us)
You can't kill GOD.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly.

She was not the mother of God. A mother exists before her son. God existed before Mary. Jesus existed before Mary.

Nice.

Jesus preexisted as a man in the mind/will of God before the world was created.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I LOVE IT when ignorant ant-Trinitarians try to use this as "evidence".

Jesus is FULLY Man and FULLY God.
The MAN was put to death (i.e., "mediated" for us)
You can't kill GOD.
This...

Says this?...
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the FLESH OF THE 2ND PERSON OF THE GODHEAD Christ Jesus;

Another RCC silly notion.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesis IS God and always WAS God - even in the womb.

Can YOU show me where the Bible even IMPLIES that His deity and humanity were separated in the womb? I didn't think so. He unites to himself TWO natures: FULLY God and FULLY Man.
Those two natures can NO MORE be "separated" that YOUR two natures (flesj and spirit) - until you DIE, hat is..

Ergo, Jesus is GOD and Mary is His Mother, according to Scripture (Luke 1:31, John 2:1-2) - and there isn't a SHRED of Scriptural evidence to refute this fact.
Good luck trying - and good luck denying Him to His face when He's judging you . . .
You don't know your own scriptures very well, do you?

Your post above is tantamount to denying the facts below:

Philippians 2
5 For let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth;
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 15
24 then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.
25 for it is right for Him to reign until He has put all the enemies under His feet.
26 The last enemy made to cease is death.
27 For He put all things under His feet. But when He says that all things have been put under His feet, it is plain that it excepts Him who has put all things under Him.
28 But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subject to Him who has subjected things to Him, so that God may be all things in all.

Mary did not give birth to God. She gave birth to a man who is the Son of God.

Reactions: Jim B

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will admit that the name of the son Jesus was speaking of per Matt 28:19 is "Jesus", then we can proceed and I will explain what the name of the Father and Holy Ghost is.

Why quibble?
The Son's proper name is "Jesus".

But, as YOU keep ignorantly side-stepping - Matt. 28:19 wasn't written in proper English. It was written in KOINE GREEK - and I've already shown you THREE times what the word used for "Name" means in Koine Greek.

Here we go again - so pay attention, einstein . . .
1) name: univ. of proper names 2) the name is used for EVERYTHING which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one's RANK, AUTHORITY, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.

So, Matt. 28:19 refers to Jesus' AUTHORITY and NOT His proper name?
When will you learn that the Bible wasn't written in Englisn Einstein?

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son's proper name is "Jesus".

But, as YOU keep ignorantly side-stepping - Matt. 28:19 wasn't written in proper English. It was written in KKOINE GREEK - and I've already shown you THREE times what the word used for "Name" means in Koine Greek.

Here we go again - so pay attention, einstein . . .
1) name: univ. of proper names 2) the name is used for EVERYTHING which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one's RANK, AUTHORITY, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.

So, Matt. 28:19 refers to Jesus' AUTHORITY and NOT His proper name?
When will you learn that the Bible wasn't written in Englisn Einstein?
Good, so you are okay with saying this?...

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and Jesus, and of the Holy Ghost:

I am okay with it, also.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know your own scriptures very well, do you?

Your post above is tantamount to denying the facts below:

Philippians 2
5 For let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth;
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 15
24 then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.
25 for it is right for Him to reign until He has put all the enemies under His feet.
26 The last enemy made to cease is death.
27 For He put all things under His feet. But when He says that all things have been put under His feet, it is plain that it excepts Him who has put all things under Him.
28 But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subject to Him who has subjected things to Him, so that God may be all things in all.

Mary did not give birth to God. She gave birth to a man who is the Son of God.
No - Mary gave birth to GOD.

This is the problem woith you Trinity-haters. Since you refuse to accept that although the Godhead has Three distintc Persons with Three distingt ROLES - you get ALL confused with the specifics of each role.

Phil. 2:5-11 is aboutthe MAN, Jesus. Jesus sometimes refers to Himself as the "Son of Man" when speaking to His disciples.
He ALSO reveals that He is GOD (Matt. 4:7, John 1:1, John 8:58, John 10:30) - as do others (John 20:28).

YOUR problem - and there are MANY - is that you cherry-pick the Scripture and invent new little "doctrines" around those isolated verses instead of reading them in CONTEXT with the rest of Scripture.

That's like paying Russian roulette with a loaded gun . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This...

Says this?...
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the FLESH OF THE 2ND PERSON OF THE GODHEAD Christ Jesus;

Another RCC silly notion.
Ummmmm - read the Scriptural Lesson I just gave your friend @Fullness of the Gentiles in post #1067 & 1075.

Maybe
you'll learn something - but I'm NOT holding my breath.
Let me know if you have a problem with any big words . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - Mary gave birth to GOD.

This is the problem woith you Trinity-haters. Since you refuse to accept that although the Godhead has Three distintc Persons with Three distingt ROLES - you get ALL confused with the specifics of each role.

Phil. 2:5-11 is aboutthe MAN, Jesus. Jesus sometimes refers to Himself as the "Son of Man" when speaking to His disciples.
He ALSO reveals that He is GOD (Matt. 4:7, John 1:1, John 8:58, John 10:30) - as do others (John 20:28).

YOUR problem - and there are MANY - is that you cherry-pick the Scripture and invent new little "doctrines" around those isolated verses instead of reading them in CONTEXT with the rest of Scripture.

That's like paying Russian roulette with a loaded gun . . .
A human gave birth to divinity?

Did her egg cell have divinity in it's DNA?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm - read the Scriptural Lesson I just gave your friend @Fullness of the Gentiles in post #1067 & 1075.

Maybe
you'll learn something - but I'm NOT holding my breath.
Let me know if you have a problem with any big words . . .
You just said there is one God and one mediator between God and man...the 2nd person of the Godhead's human nature, per the verse.

You folks are full of commentary to pull off that whopper.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop standing as the accusor of your brethren! You dont know our hearts..

And how focused on Jesus can one be, if they dont see Him looking at His mother as she suffers right along with Him...

Mary is not raised you say.. Where is her body?

Do you not think it right that Jesus would honour His mother and bring her bodily to be with Him?

What son who loved His mother wouldnt if it was within his power..

Your idolatry scarecrow is just a figment of your imigination..

We do not give latria to Mary.

To whom do you offer sacrifice?

Pax et Bonum

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Its the roman catholic church that is the accuser of the brethren .

Status
Not open for further replies.