Who is the Queen of Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Philip James

Mary is not raised you say.. Where is her body?

Scripture has not much to say about Mary. She was left in the care of Jesus’ Friend John. It was Jewish Custom to bury dead bodies before sun down, often in a cave. Where Mary was buried, seems of no importance to mention in Scripture.

Do you not think it right that Jesus would honour His mother and bring her bodily to be with Him?

Scripture speaks of nothing about it being Honorable for an offspring to take a dead body with them, where the offspring might go.

What son who loved His mother wouldnt if it was within his power..

No doubt Jesus Loved everyone, and every woman who does the will of the Father, is Accounted a mother to Jesus.
No doubt Christ Jesus IS Power.
No doubt Jesus can Not Lie.

Luke 8:
[21] And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

John 3:
[13] And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Nothing in Scripture gives any indication that Mary’s BODY rose up to Heaven.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have written about this previously, but in case you missed it...

There is a clear need by Roman Catholics to idealize Mary into someone that goes way beyond what the Bible says about her. Why do they do this? They distort Scripture to fit into their predetermined, false doctrine.

It is based on a cultural need to create a female goddess, even though the Bible warns against such idolatry. There is the idealization of virginity, so that any woman who is not a virgin -- including their own mother -- is somehow impure. They deny that Jesus had brothers, even though the Bible says that he had brothers. This creates a stigma that no woman can possibly live up to; the idealization gives the men license to criticize women who aren't perfect (and of course no woman (or man) can be perfect). When a woman isn't perfect, she is criticized and mistreated -- sometimes violently. In Latinx culture this is called "marianismo".

Marianismo is an aspect of the female gender role in Hispanic American folk cultures, strictly intertwined with machismo and Roman Catholicism. It revolves around the veneration for feminine virtues like interpersonal harmony, inner strength, self-sacrifice, family, chastity, and morality among Hispanic women. (Which of course no woman can live up to!)

Marianismo emphasizes the role of women as family- and home-centered; it encourages passivity, self-sacrifice, and chastity.
A marianista orientation depicts women in nurturing roles and prescribes respect for patriarchal values.

So if you're a Catholic woman who wants to have a career, you're going against this nonsense. Family-centered and home-centered; that's the rule. Passivity: don't talk back or stand up for what you believe! Self-sacrifice: not what you want, what he wants and demands. Chastity (of course); women should control themselves and shouldn't enjoy sex. To be nurturing requires a practice of humility, love, and gentleness. No self-worth; it's all about others. "One of the best compliments a woman can give to a man is that he makes her feel safe, which honors his masculinity."

Of course we're well into the 21st century in the US, where (non-Catholic) women are finally able to take their proper place in society, including serving in the highest levels of government and business.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly you are blind to reality. How can you tell me what I believe and what I don't? Are you a mind reader? Did your priest tell you that I am faithless?
No - because YOU told me,in post #1114, Einstein.

Anyway - my priest didn't have to tell me that you lack faith.
Jesus told me:
Matt. 7:17-20
So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

THAT'S how I know.

The Word of God is truth!
Really??

From YOUR post #1114 . . .
[QUOTE="Jim B, post: 1322740, member: 8849"]Why can't you and theefaith understand that Revelation is John's vision? If you accept it as factual reporting you (and he) are clearly delusional.

And of course, there is much more in John's vision. To claim that the vison is real is psychosis.[/QUOTE]
Gee - sounds like a rejection of God's Word to me . . .
Sola scriptura!!!

Sure - tell me that again when you can PROVE it from the Bible . . .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - because YOU told me,in post #1114, Einstein.

Anyway - my priest didn't have to tell me that you lack faith.
Jesus told me:
Matt. 7:17-20
So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

THAT'S how I know.

Gee - sounds like a rejection of God's Word to me . . .

Sure - tell me that again when you can PROVE it from the Bible . . .

All anyone has to do is read your posts to know what "rotten fruit" you produce.

I do not lack faith. I have total faith -- in Christ and the Bible. (Not in any myths created by your false, evil denomination.) Obviously your Catholicism makes you blind and hostile; you clearly lack the fruit of the Spirit!

"Gee - sounds like a rejection of God's Word to me . . ." Of course, because you are blind to the truth!

Why not say a whole bunch of prayers to your dead idol -- Mary -- and ask for forgiveness?

I don't care how you judge me, any more than Jesus cared about those who judged Him. You have swallowed the Catholic poison!

Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't know what reductio ad absurdum means, then look it up, as that is what you're clearly doing.

I know that God has blinded the minds of Roman Catholics so that you don't understand any of the truths of the Bible.

Here is an excerpt from Revelation 13 (1-8): Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns were ten diadem crowns, and on its heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were like a bear’s, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth. The dragon gave the beast his power, his throne, and great authority to rule. One of the beast’s heads appeared to have been killed, but the lethal wound had been healed. And the whole world followed the beast in amazement; they worshiped the dragon because he had given ruling authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast too, saying: “Who is like the beast?” and “Who is able to make war against him?” The beast was given a mouth speaking proud words and blasphemies, and he was permitted to exercise ruling authority for forty-two months. So the beast opened his mouth to blaspheme against God—to blaspheme both his name and his dwelling place, that is, those who dwell in heaven. The beast was permitted to go to war against the saints and conquer them. He was given ruling authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation, and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed." => When did this happen??? <=

Believe what you want; don't forget to feed your dragon! I believe God 100%; Catholic lies 0%.

You Catholics twist God's word -- the Bible -- to mean whatever you want it to mean, regardless of the truth.

Finally, I will give you a hint: Revelation is about Rome and Roman rule. There, now you have enough to get you started on the road to truth!
Tell me what YOU believe the following is about - or rather, about WHOM is this referring?

Rev. 6:9-11
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

Are they just "make-believe" characters in this "fairy tale" - or do they represent the REALITY the martyrs in Heaven?
I've already shown that this is taking place IN Heaven, as mentioned in the verses leading up to this (Rev. 5:13-14).

Finally - your idiotic remark, "Revelation is about Rome and Roman rule" makes about as much sense as saying that "Gone With The Wind" was about a frilly dresses .
Leave it to an ignorant mind like yours to completely distort the meaning and richness of the Book of Revelarion . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All anyone has to do is read your posts to know what "rotten fruit" you produce.

I do not lack faith. I have total faith -- in Christ and the Bible. (Not in any myths created by your false, evil denomination.) Obviously your Catholicism makes you blind and hostile; you clearly lack the fruit of the Spirit!

"Gee - sounds like a rejection of God's Word to me . . ." Of course, because you are blind to the truth!

Why not say a whole bunch of prayers to your dead idol -- Mary -- and ask for forgiveness?

I don't care how you judge me, any more than Jesus cared about those who judged Him. You have swallowed the Catholic poison!
Soooooo, your rant aside - we're NOT supposed tpo believe you when you say that the Book of Revelation is just a fairy tale and DOESN'T convey the truth?

Does that mean you LIED - or that you just can't decide?

PS - the ONLY thing I "clearly lack" is agreement with YOUR nonsense.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Clearly you are blind to reality. How can you tell me what I believe and what I don't? Are you a mind reader? Did your priest tell you that I am faithless?

The Word of God is truth!
Sola scriptura!!!
Are you a Dave Hunt fan?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me what YOU believe the following is about - or rather, about WHOM is this referring?

Rev. 6:9-11
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

Are they just "make-believe" characters in this "fairy tale" - or do they represent the REALITY the martyrs in Heaven?
I've already shown that this is taking place IN Heaven, as mentioned in the verses leading up to this (Rev. 5:13-14).

Finally - your idiotic remark, "Revelation is about Rome and Roman rule" makes about as much sense as saying that "Gone With The Wind" was about a frilly dresses .
Leave it to an ignorant mind like yours to completely distort the meaning and richness of the Book of Revelarion . . .

It's tragic that you think that Revelation is "the REALITY the martyrs in Heaven". John had a vision; a vision is not reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them." Do you actually think that the visons that John had of dragons, flying horses, the stars falling from heaven, actually happened or are happening? Really???

Leave it to an ignorant mind like yours to completely distort the meaning and richness of the Book of Revelation. (There is no "book" of Revelarion in my Bible).

Your idiotic denial that "Revelation is not about Rome and Roman rule" makes about as much sense as saying that "Gone With The Wind" was about a frilly dresses (which is about the dumbest analogy I have ever read!)

Each time that you post you show that you are dumber than I previously thought!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo, your rant aside - we're NOT supposed tpo believe you when you say that the Book of Revelation is just a fairy tale and DOESN'T convey the truth?

Does that mean you LIED - or that you just can't decide?

PS - the ONLY thing I "clearly lack" is agreement with YOUR nonsense.

You don't understand that Revelation is a vision? I never said that it was a "fairy tale"; those are your words. I also never said that it doesn't convey the truth; those are your words also.

Revelation is a very difficult "book" to understand because it is John's vision, "an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency".

It truly saddens me that you lack this understanding, but instead lob one criticism after another. Try actually reading Revelation, along with a good commentary, and (hopefully) you will gain some understanding.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 5:7
And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

his name!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Paul was a servant of Jesus Christ who is the most high God! Acts 9:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sprinkling pour immersion are all acceptable as long as it’s three times with the words I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit

Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Paul was a servant of Jesus Christ who is the most high God! Acts 9:16

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I'm not okay with this because that's NOT what my Lord Jesus said to do.
Pay attention, now - He said:
Matt. 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

THAT was His command - and THIS is what He said WE should do about HIS commands:
John 15:14
You are my friends IF you do what I command you.

John 15:10
IF you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love;

Ummmmm - good luck with your refusal to obe Him . . .
Then you deny the name of the son is Jesus, but rather think Jesus said his name is "Son" per Matt 28:19.

Thou art the man.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nothing in Scripture gives any indication that Mary’s BODY rose up to Heaven.

Heya Taken, how ya been?

Peter and Paul's martyrdom arent recorded there either (although they are both alluded to)..

Not everthing that is true is recorded in the bible.

It is likely that the event occured after all the books of the NT were written, except perhaps Rev.. And John, who would have been there is certainly talking about Mary here:

Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

Pax et Bonum

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heya Taken, how ya been?

Peter and Paul's martyrdom arent recorded there either (although they are both alluded to)..

Not everthing that is true is recorded in the bible.

It is likely that the event occured after all the books of the NT were written, except perhaps Rev.. And John, who would have been there is certainly talking about Mary here:

Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

Pax et Bonum

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

If you keep reading you will see that this is clearly not about Mary. For example, verse 4 says "Now the dragon’s tail swept away a third of the stars in heaven and hurled them to the earth", which of course has never happened. And verse 6 says, "she fled into the wilderness where a place had been prepared for her by God, so she could be taken care of for 1,260 days". This also never happened. Instead, Joseph and Mary and Jesus fled to Egypt. So is this a) a vision God have to John or b) is it factual? Or, to put it another way, is John lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.