Who is the Whore of babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Church didn't "change" the Sabbath - Christ FULFILLED it (Col. 2:16).

If he fulfilled the Sabbath, then why does your church teach Sunday is the Sabbath? And why does she boast that she changed it due to her "authority" (http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/Asking the Pope.pdf)?

As I schooled you earlier - he referred to the Sabbath as a "SHADOW" of what was to come.
CHRIST is the reality - but, in your legalism, you fail to see that . . .
I do not build doctrines by changing Greek words to mean whatever I want them to mean. The Greek "soma" means "body", not "reality". In context, it refers to the "Body of Christ" (KJV) just as Paul taught in the surrounding chapters (Colossians 1:18 & 24 and Colossians 2:19).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One further thought...you quoted earlier a statement from Jesus which I assume you agreed with, that the Sabbath was made for man. Can you please explain how you now maintain that Paul is saying the exact opposite, that the Sabbath is now "contrary to man", as per Col2:14?
I already answered this.
It’s not “contrary” to man. It has simply been FULFILLED in Christ (Col. 2:16).

As to your ridiculous reference to the difference between Sabbaths and Sabbath Feasts – Paul simply said “sabbath” (Col. 2:16). He stated that it was a mere SHADOW of what was to come – that CHRIST was the reality.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its funny how to call every one a protestant yet it is you who does the most protesting against the truth, and catholsim has being dong that for centuries, but they are no better, daughters of the harlot all have the same genes how did Jesus put it,

Act_9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
and all the religious still do.
Actually - Acts 9:4-5 is about YOU and your approximately 40,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to have been “led” to this confusion by the Holy Spirit.

What a mess you've all created . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he fulfilled the Sabbath, then why does your church teach Sunday is the Sabbath? And why does she boast that she changed it due to her "authority" (http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/Asking the Pope.pdf)?
http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/Asking the Pope.pdf)?
The Church doesn't teach that Sunday is the "Sabbath". It is called, "The Lord's Day" . . .
Catechism of the Catholic Church
II. THE LORD'S DAY

This is the day which the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.103
The day of the Resurrection: the new creation
2174 Jesus rose from the dead "on the first day of the week."104 Because it is the "first day," the day of Christ's Resurrection recalls the first creation. Because it is the "eighth day" following the sabbath,105 it symbolizes the new creation ushered in by Christ's Resurrection. For Christians it has become the first of all days, the first of all feasts, the Lord's Day (he kuriake hemera, dies dominica) Sunday:
We all gather on the day of the sun, for it is the first day [after the Jewish sabbath, but also the first day] when God, separating matter from darkness, made the world; and on this same day Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead.106

Sunday - fulfillment of the sabbath
2175 Sunday is expressly distinguished from the sabbath which it follows chronologically every week; for Christians its ceremonial observance replaces that of the sabbath. In Christ's Passover, Sunday fulfills the spiritual truth of the Jewish sabbath and announces man's eternal rest in God. For worship under the Law prepared for the mystery of Christ, and what was done there prefigured some aspects of Christ:107
Those who lived according to the old order of things have come to a new hope, no longer keeping the sabbath, but the Lord's Day, in which our life is blessed by him and by his death.108
2176 The celebration of Sunday observes the moral commandment inscribed by nature in the human heart to render to God an outward, visible, public, and regular worship "as a sign of his universal beneficence to all."109 Sunday worship fulfills the moral command of the Old Covenant, taking up its rhythm and spirit in the weekly celebration of the Creator and Redeemer of his people.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually - Acts 9:4-5 is about YOU and your approximately 40,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to have been “led” to this confusion by the Holy Spirit.

What a mess you've all created . . .
Us, it was your religion that started all this with its corruption of the truth. Its a bit like the story of cinderella and the ugly stepsisters, that hate Her so much because She is beautiful and they have to paint themselves and dress up nice to even come close to Her beauty, you religion like all mens religions the Whore and her daughters, and you and all religious men just like the bible says are joined to and become just like her, this bit

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Thats why you and the sda and all religious people sound, look and act just like their religions, you all have become like the religion you have joined yourself too.

Dont you understand marriage and the seed,?? When a man comes to Christ. he is given Gods seed, the Holy Spirit, and that seed bears life, but a man joined to the harlot church has a problem, she is a woman and has no seed of her own so she gives men the counterfit as the devil has a counterfeit for all that God has, this one,

Rev_2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

but you see, no matter how much you protest against the truth, and no matter how much you despise our Lords beautiful bride, HE will come for Her and than there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth, when men finally find out how they where duped. It is not God who gave you the lie, it is you and the religious men who choose the lie. Worse thing about it, is none of you are willing to "come out of her my people", because you are not His people.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Us, it was your religion that started all this with its corruption of the truth. Its a bit like the story of cinderella and the ugly stepsisters, that hate Her so much because She is beautiful and they have to paint themselves and dress up nice to even come close to Her beauty, you religion like all mens religions the Whore and her daughters, and you and all religious men just like the bible says are joined to and become just like her, this bit

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Thats why you and the sda and all religious people sound, look and act just like their religions, you all have become like the religion you have joined yourself too.

Dont you understand marriage and the seed,?? When a man comes to Christ. he is given Gods seed, the Holy Spirit, and that seed bears life, but a man joined to the harlot church has a problem, she is a woman and has no seed of her own so she gives men the counterfit as the devil has a counterfeit for all that God has, this one,

Rev_2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

but you see, no matter how much you protest against the truth, and no matter how much you despise our Lords beautiful bride, HE will come for Her and than there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth, when men finally find out how they where duped. It is not God who gave you the lie, it is you and the religious men who choose the lie. Worse thing about it, is none of you are willing to "come out of her my people", because you are not His people.
Uh-hu.
That's why there are tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Catholic factions ALL teaching different doctrines and ALL claiming to have the "Truth".

Oh, wait . . . that's PROTESTANTISM . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh-hu.
That's why there are tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Catholic factions ALL teaching different doctrines and ALL claiming to have the "Truth".

Oh, wait . . . that's PROTESTANTISM . . .
Just like yours which it doesnt, when you find the truth you wont have to use bold on your letters because than you wont be mad... you know Jesus? He is the truth and He will set you free.. if you desire to be free.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like yours which it doesnt, when you find the truth you wont have to use bold on your letters because than you wont be mad... you know Jesus? He is the truth and He will set you free.. if you desire to be free.
And, as usual – when they start attacking the formatting of your posts – it’s usually an indication that you’ve run OUT of ammunition.
But, It’s obvious that your guns were never loaded . . .

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I haven't added anything to the Word of God.
The Word of God says that the Trinity is GOD . . .

Matt. 28:19

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Fatherthe Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

1 Cor. 12:4-6
"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."

2 Cor. 13:14,
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these THREE are ONE.

The Father is God
Ephesians 4:6

One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Psalm 68:5
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

Malachi 2:10
Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Isaiah 63:16
For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 8:41
You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”

1 Thessalonians 3:13
So that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus.

Jesus is God
Isaiah 7:14

All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God.

John 1:3
ALL things were made by HIM (Jesus); and without him was not ANY thing made that was made.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30
“I and the Father are one."

John 15:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 5:3-4
Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to GOD.

2 Corinthians 4:4
...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you *ANOTHER Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
*This word in Greek means, “another of the SAME kind.”

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord IS the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?

John 14:23
Jesus replied: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him.

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."
You waste your time with such posts for several reasons. 1) I will not reply when people throw the proverbial book at me 2) Your misinterpretation of those verses skews them all.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, I'm saying your stupid exaggerations is hate propaganda. I read the entire article, you obviously did not. I am also saying the alleged quote from Professor Agostino Borromeo isn't a quote at all, but one line taken out of context and editorialized by the media known for its hostility. It is a lie you fell for. I don't deny that bad things happened, and neither does the Pope. But holding Catholics and Protestants accountable today for sins committed centuries ago is nothing more than persecution and sadism. The false histories, lies and exaggerations is a gospel of hate.
I do not hold individual Catholics or Protestants that had nothing to do with those crimes against humanity accountable. However, the religious institutions will be held accountable as well as the guilty individuals. Also, those that defend such guilty carnal institutions will also be held accountable.

So tell me, what numbers does the Vatican put on how much blood was shed by the Catholic Church?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You waste your time with such posts for several reasons. 1) I will not reply when people throw the proverbial book at me 2) Your misinterpretation of those verses skews them all.
TRANSLATION:
“I refuse to respond because the weight of Scriptural evidence against me is overwhelming.”

I’ll make it easy on you ad go with just a few instead:

Jesus is God

Thomas calls Jesus “My GOD”. If Jesus wasn’t God – He would have rebuked Thomas for blasphemy against God.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
The Father is speaking to the Son and is calling Him, “GOD.”

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ
According to the hermeneutical principle of Granville Sharp’s Rule – The phrase “great God and Savior” is talking about the SAME person – Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is God

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

Here, Peter is equating the Holy Spirit with GOD.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off its a "Mystery". And what a mystery it is. Though the scriptures point her out many times, in many ways, the churches drop the ball continually.

Yes! It is a Mystery, but only from God's mind and his perspective. Isa. 55;8-9.
Therefore, trying to see it among all the cities, by our minds, is not going to reveal it.

Clue: what city was God specifically involved with, in giving it all His support? You do KNOW!
Can you say it? Do you dare to? Probably not!
OK then, I'll say it!! Jerusalem which now is. Gal. 4:25.
That doesn't make sense, now does it?
I know!
But there it is. I said it.
Jesus said it.
Now you say it! I dare you to.
Luke 13[34] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
[35] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We all gather on the day of the sun, for it is the first day [after the Jewish sabbath, but also the first day] when God, separating matter from darkness, made the world; and on this same day Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead.106
Thus your sun worshiping ways are revealed.

Sunday - fulfillment of the sabbath
2175 Sunday is expressly distinguished from the sabbath which it follows chronologically every week; for Christians its ceremonial observance replaces that of the sabbath.
And yet, the same catechism says,

2172 God's action is the model for human action. If God "rested and was refreshed" on the seventh day, man too ought to "rest" and should let others, especially the poor, "be refreshed."96 The sabbath brings everyday work to a halt and provides a respite. It is a day of protest against the servitude of work and the worship of money.97

2173 The Gospel reports many incidents when Jesus was accused of violating the sabbath law. But Jesus never fails to respect the holiness of this day.98 He gives this law its authentic and authoritative interpretation: "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath."99 With compassion, Christ declares the sabbath for doing good rather than harm, for saving life rather than killing.100 The sabbath is the day of the Lord of mercies and a day to honor God.101 "The Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath."102
You want to apply Sabbath verses to the "Lord's Day", but you don't want to retain the name "Sabbath". I guess it is just too Jewish sounding for the anti-Semites in your institution.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus is God

Thomas calls Jesus “My GOD”. If Jesus wasn’t God – He would have rebuked Thomas for blasphemy against God.

The Father is speaking to the Son and is calling Him, “GOD.”

According to the hermeneutical principle of Granville Sharp’s Rule – The phrase “great God and Savior” is talking about the SAME person – Jesus Christ.

Had you understood the difference between the Hebrew word "elohim" and the English word "God", you would not have posted these verses. There is no doubt that Yeshua is an elohim in the Hebrew sense of the word, but he is NOT "God" in the English sense of the word. The same is true of the Greek "theos".

The Holy Spirit is God
Here, Peter is equating the Holy Spirit with GOD.
The Holy Spirit is a portion of God. The Father can take a portion of His Spirit and put it in another person, in this case, the apostles.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
First off its a "Mystery". And what a mystery it is. Though the scriptures point her out many times, in many ways, the churches drop the ball continually.

Yes! It is a Mystery, but only from God's mind and his perspective. Isa. 55;8-9.
Therefore, trying to see it among all the cities, by our minds, is not going to reveal it.

Clue: what city was God specifically involved with, in giving it all His support? You do KNOW!
Can you say it? Do you dare to? Probably not!
OK then, I'll say it!! Jerusalem which now is. Gal. 4:25.
That doesn't make sense, now does it?
I know!
But there it is. I said it.
Jesus said it.
Now you say it! I dare you to.
Luke 13[34] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
[35] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.​

The very fact that Jerusalem is still found today in the land of Israel and all these things are still heard and found in Jerusalem today is proof alone that Jerusalem cannot fulfill Babylon.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus your sun worshiping ways are revealed.

And yet, the same catechism says,

2172 God's action is the model for human action. If God "rested and was refreshed" on the seventh day, man too ought to "rest" and should let others, especially the poor, "be refreshed."96 The sabbath brings everyday work to a halt and provides a respite. It is a day of protest against the servitude of work and the worship of money.97

2173 The Gospel reports many incidents when Jesus was accused of violating the sabbath law. But Jesus never fails to respect the holiness of this day.98 He gives this law its authentic and authoritative interpretation: "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath."99 With compassion, Christ declares the sabbath for doing good rather than harm, for saving life rather than killing.100 The sabbath is the day of the Lord of mercies and a day to honor God.101 "The Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath."102
You want to apply Sabbath verses to the "Lord's Day", but you don't want to retain the name "Sabbath". I guess it is just too Jewish sounding for the anti-Semites in your institution.
What a truy asinine argument.

The Catechism doesn't refer to the Lord's Day as "Sabbath" because the Sabbath is on SATURDAY by definition, Einstein.
It CLEARLY states that the Lord's Day - the day that Jesus rose from the dead was the day AFTER the Sabbath, which was know as the "Day of the Sun" - or "Sunday".

This had NOTHING to do with "sun worship" within Christianity. It is simply the name of the day of the week.
Your ignorance is BOUNDLESS . . .

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
its funny how to call every one a protestant yet it is you who does the most protesting against the truth, and catholsim has being dong that for centuries, but they are no better, daughters of the harlot all have the same genes how did Jesus put it,
You never run out of stupid mindless zingers. Blabbing hateful insults seems to be a spiritual disease in this forum. Whoever teaches you this crap hates Jesus and try to spit on a the great holy men and women whom God has given to His Church in every century. You're blind to the tremendous good the Church does in the world.

Act_9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
and all the religious still do.
Don't flatter yourself. You are not persecuted one bit. There are millions of anti-Catholic web sites feeding lies to people just like you. And you take their venom into discussion boards like this one. The misrepresentations and lies never stop.
You won't find one Catholic site that does to your faith what millions do to ours.
Hmm...millions to "zero". And you still don't get it.
Yet you feel righteous enough to complain about how Catholics are "daughters of the harlot" and other evil insults.
You owe every Catholic on this board an apology for your sadistic, diabolical post.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What a truy asinine argument.

The Catechism doesn't refer to the Lord's Day as "Sabbath" because the Sabbath is on SATURDAY by definition, Einstein.
It CLEARLY states that the Lord's Day - the day that Jesus rose from the dead was the day AFTER the Sabbath, which was know as the "Day of the Sun" - or "Sunday".

This had NOTHING to do with "sun worship" within Christianity. It is simply the name of the day of the week.
Your ignorance is BOUNDLESS . . .
I guess you did not see my underline of the words, "We all gather on the day of the sun". Why call it that when Scripture calls it the first day of the week? Later, it was given the name "Sunday", but to call it the "day of the sun" is unacceptable.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yet you feel righteous enough to complain about how Catholics are "daughters of the harlot".
FYI - I think mjrhealth was calling the Protestant Churches "daughters of the harlot", but that, in his understanding, the Catholic Church would be the "Mother of harlots".