Who managed to quit smoking?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you quit smoking?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Never started to smoke

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YW. If you did it cold turkey, all the more impressive.
to be honest I hate cold weather and I don't smoke in the house so I finally said forget it...time to quit....so it took about 2 weeks to totally give it up.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
to be honest I hate cold weather and I don't smoke in the house so I finally said forget it...time to quit....so it took about 2 weeks to totally give it up.
Oh so it was the winter that really drove you indoors and made you feel you could do without your inhales.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I guess my flesh has it's priorities....feed the nicotine addiction or stay warm and not get sick....lol
I guess it's also about how strong the nicotine crave was, and how strongly you were able to resist it.

This is sort of subject anyway to me is more about health that about doctrine.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For me, angry with myself because I feel it is a willfull deed. And very ashamed because of it. I can spend 6-16 weeks in a nonsmoking environment and be fine. But, as soon as I'm somewhere I can smoke I do. What is up with that?
My doctor said she prefer I smoke instead of vape because they know what to look for, know when to look (sound of lungs, breathing difficulties), where with vaping the dangers are not known.
@Acolyte Don't beat yourself up. If you can quit or gradually cut down, great; but meanwhile don't beat yourself up; doesn't achieve much.

(Even the preacher Spurgeon smoked...)

Reactions: Acolyte