Who managed to quit smoking?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you quit smoking?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Never started to smoke

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I quit smoking for 3 months with a Greensmoke ecig! Unfortunately, I had some stress and began again for almost 5 months now. But I am currently charging all of the batteries so I will be ready to start on it again....
PS: Although I'm not sure whether a somewhat stressed 'This is going to be my last pack of cigarettes!' approach is likely to work well (often one ends up unwrapping another pack, right?), it's probably better to take the approach of: 'If I cut down when I decide, good! but if not, no one gets to guilt manipulate me'.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So do you think C H Spurgeon who smoked should have guiltily and publicly repudiated his smoking?
It's not for me to say what Spurgeon should or should not have done. He is answerable to God alone.
What I do know is that filthy habits and habits that are life destroying are not God sanctioned so with that knowledge I endeavour to keep out of the mud.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Horrible horrible habit. Whoo! Death sticks. I sing. Id never smoke. My hubby chews. At least it doesnt make me cough. But I won't kiss him after he chews.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Horrible horrible habit. Whoo! Death sticks. I sing. Id never smoke. My hubby chews. At least it doesnt make me cough. But I won't kiss him after he chews.
I don't see any chewing in Australia, it obviously hasn't taken off here but i did in the US. I was appalled as they spat into receptacles. The visual was disgusting let alone the odour. I could never imagine kissing anyone with that habit

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see any chewing in Australia, it obviously hasn't taken off here but i did in the US. I was appalled as they spat into receptacles. The visual was disgusting let alone the odour. I could never imagine kissing anyone with that habit

Yeh these bottles he spits into. Yuck! He has been chewing since he was like 13 though, so if that is the biggest of his flaws, I am blessed. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeh these bottles he spits into. Yuck! He has been chewing since he was like 13 though, so if that is the biggest of his flaws, I am blessed. :)
has the chewing affected the health of his teeth Mf?