Who Really Built The Great Pyramid Of Giza?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I did some research a long time ago about the Great Pyramid. An interesting work I read was by Peter Thompkins called Secrets Of The Great Pyramid. Thompkins covered the history of its exploration, from the time when explorers first cut an entrance into the Great Pyramid up to discoveries in the 1970's. (I read somewhere he released an updated edition since that one.)

Per that witness, the Great Pyramid originally had a smooth limestone covering, which was removed in the building of Cairo. It also had an apex capstone made of solid gold, which also was removed for the building of Cairo. If might have looked close to its original condition today if man had left it alone.

What really interested me though, was how no Egyptian burial artifacts were ever discovered inside the Great Pyramid. There's only one Egyptian hieroglyph in it over the threshold of the Queen's Chamber, a cartouche, and it was documented to be an addition at a later date from one of the Egyptian dynasties. Only a coffer was found inside the Great Pyramid.

But the rest of the pyramids contained burial artifacts of the pharaohs. Also, the later pyramids built by the Egyptians show less perfect architecture, like they were trying to copy the Great Pyramid, i.e., reverse engineer it.

The fact that later Egyptians added the cartouche above the threshold of the Queen's Chamber shows they knew its original entrance that became lost. The first explorers had to cut into to create an entrance. Some have speculated that the original entrance into the Great Pyramid is in between the feet of the Sphinx, leading to a subterranean entrance into the bottom of the Great Pyramid. I've never heard if such an entrance was ever found.

The building of the Great Pyramid is still a technical marvel today, mainly because modern engineers still have not figured out how some of its construction was managed based on the technology the ancient Egyptians had. If the ancient Egyptians actually built it, then why were their later pyramid structures less perfect? If your technology has advanced from the horse buggy to the car, you don't go back to just building horse carriages. But that's what it was like with the later pyramid structures. They don't measure up to the technology of the Great Pyramid.

That's one major reason why I don't believe the ancient Egyptians really built the Great Pyramid. The later ones yes, but not the Great Pyramid.

The building of the Great Pyramid is only one marvel about it. There are many others, like the mathematical and astronomical information its original builders put into it. It's been discovered that the north face of the Great Pyramid is aligned to earth's geographical true north. Sir Isaac Newton researched the Great Pyramid when looking for some way to determine the earth's circumference for his inch measurement system. His students solved his equation using the Great Pyramid, and the result became the English inch measurement based on the Pyramid inch. The Great Pyramid is in the exact center of the land mass of the earth.

The Great Pyramid reveals mathematical formulas like a quarter of the circumference of a circle which supposedly wasn't known until ancient Greeks later discovered it (i.e., PSI). The Great Pyramid also aligns with star constellations. Some Bible scholars researched the Great Pyramid and found a relation with its layout to Bible prophecy (maybe not as important to consider for some, but interesting none the less).

In the works of Josephus, the Jewish historian who lived in 100 A.D., he said the sons of Seth build two pillars, one of brick that was no more in his days, and another pillar of stone in the land of those who worship the dog star Sirius (i.e., Egypt). He said the sons of Seth built those pillars so that knowledge of what's in it would survive. Survive what? The flood of Noah's days evidently.

The Christian Hebrew scholar E.W. Bullinger researched the lost meanings of the Zodiac star constellations, traveling to Egypt for some of that info, and put it in a work called The Witness To The Stars. In the Egyptian temple of Dendara, he discovered a hieroglyph of the Sphinx, revealing the head and lion of the Sphinx represent two of the star constellations, Virgo and Leo. He discovered how the original meanings and names of the Zodiac constellations align within God's Word, and how paganism had corrupted those original names and meanings by changing them over history. In other words, his research proved that God's Word is written in the stars, and are represented by the original names and symbolic meanings of the 12 Zodiac constellations. That makes sense, seeing how the devil's servants have corrupted many things pointing to God's Truth in His Word through history.

This might point to those of Adam having known about this, in possession of God's Word in the stars. It might very well point to the sons of Seth having built the Great Pyramid, and preserving that understanding within it.

Then later, after the flood of Noah, the Egyptians seized it, and tried to grasp that knowledge and how the Great Pyramid was built. And they profaned the original Zodiac meanings with false worship, the Egyptian priest class seeking to hide the real info in order to control the people. A similar thing happened in ancient Sumer-Babylon, with Sargon, a Semite, appearing to the Sumerians, and setting up a pagan priest system of false worship, and their having recorded a highly veiled version of the creation account (I believe Sargon may have been Cain, and ancient Sumer the "land of Nod").

In that working, I believe the ancient pagans veiled the knowledge of God's Word in the stars, for their own purposes. It could be that veiled symbolism in pagan temples has been formed from corruptions of the witness of the stars over time. That's what the hieroglyph at the Egyptian temple of Dendara seems to point to. The ancient pagans profaned the Truth, so it became masked in their superstition and false worship of many gods. This what the Isaiah 19 Scripture appears to point to also...

Continued...

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It might be interesting for some to discover some things our Heavenly Father said about Egypt...

Isa 19:1-25
1 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at His presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
2 And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Seeking to idols, and to charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards is what creates pagan idolatry. God said He would turn them to that, and it happened.

4 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.
5 And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
6 And they shall turn the rivers far away; and the brooks of defence shall be emptied and dried up: the reeds and flags shall wither.
7 The paper reeds by the brooks, by the mouth of the brooks, and every thing sown by the brooks, shall wither, be driven away, and be no more.
8 The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.
9 Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.
10 And they shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluices and ponds for fish.

Basically, God is saying that He would make the lands of Egypt a waste. Some of this is happening still today.

11 Surely the princes of Zoan are fools, the counsel of the wise counsellors of Pharaoh is become brutish: how say ye unto Pharaoh, "I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?"
12 Where are they? where are thy wise men? and let them tell thee now, and let them know what the LORD of hosts hath purposed upon Egypt.
13 The princes of Zoan are become fools, the princes of Noph are deceived; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.
14 The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
15 Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.

That's about the working of Pharaoh's wise men and prophets, i.e, the Egyptian priest caste having deceived the princes.

16 In that day shall Egypt be like unto women: and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the LORD of hosts, which He shaketh over it.
17 And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the LORD of hosts, which He hath determined against it.

In Isaiah 30 God said Egypt's ability was to sit still. Israel called on Egypt's help at times against Israel's enemies, but Egypt's power was to sit still and do nothing to help.

18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, "The city of destruction."

There's a scribal error in this 18th verse (see Bullinger's notes). The Hebrew word for "destruction" is easily confused with another Hebrew word with one letter difference that means 'righteousness'. The correct reading is "The city of righteousness". This "day" God is referring to has not come yet. In that day, those cities of Egypt will speak the ancient language of Canaan, which was an ancient form of Hebrew. Some scholars refer this verse to Heliopolis in Egypt where another Jewish temple was built. But that temple has long since passed in usage. The later verses below will reveal the future timing God speaks of starting at this verse.

19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and He shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and He shall deliver them.

This "altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD" is not Heliopolis. What great stone pillar stands in Egypt today at its border? The Great Pyramid. Verse 20 also cements the timing for this as yet future, for that Saviour The Father speaks of is our Lord Jesus Christ at His second coming. That's about the redemption to Him away from the oppressors of the people in Egypt.

21 And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
22 And the LORD shall smite Egypt: He shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and He shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.

This is still future also, at Christ's second coming. That's when Egypt will be healed. The next Isaiah 19 verses are especially going to point to that future timing when this will take place. Many of the people of Egypt are going to return to The LORD GOD through His Son. God is going to smite Egypt, but then heal it in final, which the next verses especially point to that future day of healing Egypt...

23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

There's going to be a literal highway running from Egypt through the Holy Land, all the way to Assyria (area of today's Iraq). Both the Egyptians and Assyrians are going to serve The LORD GOD, The God of Israel. That has yet to happen today.

24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, "Blessed be Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel Mine inheritance.
(KJV)

Israel will be one third along with Egypt and Assyria in that day. This is revealing that God's future Kingdom on earth is going to manifest as one Kingdom joined in those 3 areas, with God's Highway connected all three together.

Did you know about that future Highway in God's future Kingdom on earth?

Isa 11:15-16
15 And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with His mighty wind shall He shake His hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.
16 And there shall be an highway for the remnant of His people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.
(KJV)

Isa 35:8-10
8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:
10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
(KJV)

That Highway will be a literal Highway for the redeemed. It's going to be from Egypt all the way up into Assyria.

This is the part of the prophecy about John the Baptist that was not fulfilled...

Isa 40:3-5
3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
(KJV)

That underlined part of the prophecy never happened with Christ's first coming to Jerusalem. It will happen with His second coming to Jerusalem, and the establishing of God's literal Kingdom on this earth.

Jer 31:20-21
20 Is Ephraim My dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore My bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.
21 Set thee up waymarks, make thee high heaps: set thine heart toward the highway, even the way which thou wentest: turn again, O virgin of Israel, turn again to these thy cities.
(KJV)

That's about the return of the ten lost tribes of Israel back to the Holy Lands of promise. It's still a future event also, to occur after Christ's return. (Ephraim was the head tribe over the ten tribes of Israel).

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aliens of course!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The alien theories are actually more aligned with evolutionist theory and pagan philosophy.

Richard Dawkins, one of atheism's most honored leading writers from Britain, when questioned in an interview by Ben Stein in Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, he admitted that he believed the origin of life on earth was started by aliens.

Non-Christian shows on the History Channel like Mysteries of The Bible appear to be engulfed in theories about aliens. Lot of cults that don't believe in God also promote alien theories. Producers in Hollywood also seemed to be interested in alien theories, keeping that culture going in the movies and in TV shows.

But per God's Word, there is no such thing as aliens.

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
Theories about aliens building the pyramid may be fascinating for some viewers of the non-historical films on the so-called history channel; but they are not history. Actually such ideas, although highly imaginative, belittle the abilities of ancient peoples. I don't know what society built these things (if not the Egyptians); but they were earth bound folks just like us and not to be considered primitive because they lived thousands of years before us. Humans have been intelligent all along and deserve recognition for their achievements. Architectural technology, advanced mathmatics, and manpower are not limited to the last few hundreds of years.. except perhaps in our own mental picture of the abilities of ancient peoples B) .

2 cents from a retired history teacher. :)

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
I personally believe that the Egyptians built the Pyramid with the help of their spirit guides ( fallen angels ). I believe that this type of 'advancement' in mathematics and engineering can been seen in other pagan cultures that were steeped in what I consider demon worship. The Great Pyramid was built to such specific specifications that it would take some of our most advance computers to completely replicate it today.

Other ancient cultures exhibit similar feats of engineering that we still can't figure out how they were built, such as Stonehenge.

Just my 2 cents

Joshua David

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually believe that Egyptians had the technology to build pyramids, and as moderns, we do not give ancients enough credit. The fact is, we only recently recovered as much knowledge as the Romans and ancient possessed, after losing all of it for 1500 years. We only just figured out how to make concrete, like the Romans did, and we still do not really understand how the Byzantines made Greek Fire. C.S. Lewis was right about our tendency towards Chronological Snobbery.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I actually believe that Egyptians had the technology to build pyramids, and as moderns, we do not give ancients enough credit. The fact is, we only recently recovered as much knowledge as the Romans and ancient possessed, after losing all of it for 1500 years. We only just figured out how to make concrete, like the Romans did, and we still do not really understand how the Byzantines made Greek Fire. C.S. Lewis was right about our tendency towards Chronological Snobbery.

-- I would agree with that. The ancient discoveries in the area of math and technology are also coming to light from the areas that are today modern day Syria, Iraq, and Iran.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Theories about aliens building the pyramid may be fascinating for some viewers of the non-historical films on the so-called history channel; but they are not history. Actually such ideas, although highly imaginative, belittle the abilities of ancient peoples. I don't know what society built these things (if not the Egyptians); but they were earth bound folks just like us and not to be considered primitive because they lived thousands of years before us. Humans have been intelligent all along and deserve recognition for their achievements. Architectural technology, advanced mathmatics, and manpower are not limited to the last few hundreds of years.. except perhaps in our own mental picture of the abilities of ancient peoples B) .

2 cents from a retired history teacher. :)

Which denounces evolutionist's ideas of primitive man also, right?

:D:D Someone had to say it!!!!!

Figured I'd nip the alien idea in the bud before it got started.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Pretty sure they were built by Doozers... haha

doozers.jpg

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I personally believe that the Egyptians built the Pyramid with the help of their spirit guides ( fallen angels ). I believe that this type of 'advancement' in mathematics and engineering can been seen in other pagan cultures that were steeped in what I consider demon worship. The Great Pyramid was built to such specific specifications that it would take some of our most advance computers to completely replicate it today.

Other ancient cultures exhibit similar feats of engineering that we still can't figure out how they were built, such as Stonehenge.

Just my 2 cents

Joshua David

There's a difference with the Egyptian structures they built later though. The later pyramids don't match the technological know-how and craftsmanship of the Great Pyramid. Most of the later pyramids were built of imperfect brick. That points to the Egyptians trying to reverse engineer the Great Pyramid. If you were the original builder, you wouldn't go backwards with what you knew, you'd go forward. It also strongly suggests the ancient Egyptians did not know the original builders of the Great Pyramid.

Also, the Isaiah 19 Scripture suggests that God possibly had a Hand in it.

Isa 19:19-20
19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and He shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
(KJV)

The idea that I'm suggesting about the Great Pyramid is closer to what the Jewish historian Josephus said that its builders were the sons of Seth, meaning before Noah's flood. Afterall, God did tell Noah how to build the ark.

I believe the missing solid gold capstone also represents Christ, the Cornerstone the builders rejected. The capstone represents the blueprint model for the Great Pyramid.

In the year 2000, globalists held a Millennial celebration at the Giza Plateau, enlisting Dr. Zawi Hiwass, the Egyptian curator of the Giza Plateau (whom I had met years ago in New Orleans). They made a pyramid frame with sheet metal and overlaid gold on it that people donated, creating a copy of the original solid gold capstone. Their plan was to place their capstone on top of the Great Pyramid. What do you think they intended to symbolize by doing that? I can tell you by what they represent it was not an act to edify Christ, but their god instead.

The reason I mentioned Bullinger's research on the original names and meanings of the Zodiac was to show how pagan culture has corrupted the truth. That is also seen with the Babylonian tablet creation account, which if you read you'll find it's masked with ancient pagan symbolism, not at all like God's witness through Moses in Genesis 1. That's also what the Isaiah 19 chapter suggests with that "pillar at the border thereof to the LORD." The ancient Egyptians by falling away to paganism profaned the Great Pyramid's real meaning and what it symbolizes, just like how many are misled as to what it represents by Masonic symbolism from the occult fraternities.

By the world leaders trying to place their capstone on top of the Great Pyramid, they were symbolizing the supposed success of their "New World Order". For some reason they were not successful (possibly because it was not time for the Antichrist to appear). If the true solid gold capstone is a symbol for our Lord Jesus Christ, which is also suggested on the back of the Great Seal of The United States, then trying to place a fake in place of the original is the act of usurping God's Role as The Saviour He mentioned He would send to the Egyptians in Isaiah 19.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Why should we be surprised that early civilizations should have the know how to build such things? Remember the tower of Babel?

[6] And the LORD said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
(Genesis 11:6 ESV)

Even then humankind were intelligent and enterprising....after all, we are made in the image and likeness of God! That would imply that we're not a totally hopeless, mud crawling species!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Why should we be surprised that early civilizations should have the know how to build such things? Remember the tower of Babel?

[6] And the LORD said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
(Genesis 11:6 ESV)

Even then humankind were intelligent and enterprising....after all, we are made in the image and likeness of God! That would imply that we're not a totally hopeless, mud crawling species!

I agree with that too. When I once baulked at evolutionist's ideas of 'prehistoric cave man' in the break room at my job, even while among other Christian brethren in the group, they all kind of looked at me with disdain, like I missed grade school or something. I believe it's healthy to not believe everything taught in the public classroom, but to think for oneself. I didn't accept the evolutionist cro-mag cave man idea in college either, and still don't.

Nevertheless, that still does not prove the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid, especially when considering its archaeological history that points away from them.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

Nevertheless, that still does not prove the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid, especially when considering its archaeological history that points away from them.

Hi Veteran

Very informative post.

To quote Sir G. Wilkinson: " In the tombs of the Pyramid-period are represented the same fishing and fowling scenes; the rearing of cattle and wild animals of the desert; the Scribes using the same kind of reed for writing on the papyrus; the same boats; the same mode of preparation for the entertainment of guests; the same introduction of music and dancing; the same trades, as glass-blowers, cabinet makers, and others; a well as similar agricultural scenes, implements and granaries" as in later times—but what is more important, they confirm in every detail what we read about Egypt and the Egyptians in the Pentateuch. As we look at the wall paintings to be seen in these galleries, it would be both interesting and profitable to have well in mind what is recorded in Genesis 37:25; 40:2, 16, 22; 39:8, 34, 45, 46; 37:6, 24, 33, 34; 36:2; 35:21; 1, 9, 26.

Veteran, this quote came from a book titled “The British Museum with Bible in Hand” by FG Jannaway. It’s an antique but may be of interest. Most of its subject matter is Egypt reconciling the Bible account. I am not sure how I came by to be honest.

You are correct in saying we underestimate their time which is clearly one of “increasing in knowledge”.

Their pursuit for unity and their amazing works would be something to behold...in many ways we are seeing it today. The internet is making some head way in bringing the many languages together and allowing people to speak with one voice...certainly this will assist in the latter day "increasing of knowledge”

But that’s another topic.

Alethos

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Excellent point and one that I rarely read anywhere.

Back in the '70s I read Eric Von Daniken's book Chariots of the Gods in which he claims similar alien help in creating pre-Columbian civilization in Central and S.A.

Specifically he stated that the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, which was built on the ridge above Cusco, Peru at the height of the Incan empire, was constructed with the help of alien technology. It's stones were carved and fitted with such precision that a knife blade cannot be inserted between them. No mortar was involved. I went there and put my hands on that wall. Walked up and down it's length and I'm here to testify that it is a very clever human structure, not alien at all. The idea that aliens had anything to do with it is ridiculous.

In the city of St. Petersburg, Florida an inverted pyramid was constructed at the end of one of the city piers. Jutting out into Tampa Bay it is lit up at night and is an enchanting sight. It's inverted, upside down. It was built pointy side down and fat side up. If aliens helped to build the pyramids of Egypt, I think they might have done something like that to really demonstrate advanced construction technology. Alas, the desert structures were made by dumb humans only.

Chronological snobbery? Yup, that's us.