Who was Job's accuser?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@face2face Hi there..well that was a very well thought out post with a lot of valid questions...I have had trouble with the book of Job, since first reading it, and I can't help wondering if the book was mans attempt to try to explain to others, how come righteous people do sometimes suffer immensely, when according the the law of Moses, people would be protected if they did the things therein, which seems to be what Job had been doing. It's an enigma for sure..Thanks :)
Job "repents," twice even; not generally realized in the Christian account of Job, it is more occluded. You might notice that he rebounds from the exact same thing God praises him for in like the very next line. "I'm sorry i spoke" and then "you have not spoken right, as my servant Job has." And a reader is called to resolve this imo.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I certainly do agree that a lot of things written in the accounts about what happened to people, have been inspired by The Holy Spirit...But I also think that if all of it was indeed written by and through the Holy Spirit, there would be zero division between believers.
this implies that "believers" are no longer divided, because they have of course now been "saved," oncesavedalwayssaved, and the only path to unity at that point is for you all to agree with me! :D lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I can share the following, but whether you can accept it or not, I cannot say...When I finally got a reply from Jesus about the Bible ( as I had been brought up with zero religion or spirituality ), He answered me like this.:" The Bible has words from God to man as well as words from man to God AND words ABOUT God by man ( mans understandings)....Surely helped me :)
nice! Another way of putting that might be "your perspective is being manipulated, so that any division in you--who is 'two men in a bed,' after all--will be revealed."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is certainly a different way of looking at it. Sadly if I was to pass on what Jesus answered me to this question, it would just be booed off the forum anyway ( by most), so I'll keep that to myself...Thanks though
imo you should get comfortable with most ppl misunderstanding in the moment, so that the one who maybe needs to hear you specifically to change their minds, can.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for remembering and asking.

She is still uncomfortable but that is expected considering the surgery she had. This week she finally began her physical therapy. Hopefully as she progresses through this she will regain some of her lost strength and be able to do a few things again.
There is no doubt that she will be feeling this for some time, but it's wonderful to know that she is ready for her therapy..She might find that it hurts her at first though, but apparently a lot of people benefit from it...All the very best to you and your dear wife...May she be aware of The Lord with her all the way.....Peace and blessings...........Pia

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@VictoryinJesus.....I didn't start out with a Bible either, had never read any of it, but He was able to reach me without it, but I'm not suggesting that happens to everyone. I have come to the conclusion more than 30 years later, that if He hadn't done that for me, the churches I ended up attended would have 100% turned me away from Him, so I will be forever grateful that He showed me that He is the Truth, before they got their hands on me. Thankfully no one can take anything He has told me, away from me, which is another thing I will be eternally grateful for, no matter how many learned people try to tell me :" But, the Bible says..." I will take His Word over any persons idea of how to interpret what other people wrote and trust the Holy spirit with the rest...It takes time and we shouldn't try to get ahead of Him, He knows how much we can handle at any given time...Thank you for your post....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yet we have many "believing Christians" right here on this board who openly profess their hate for whomever; blacks, Muslims, etc., and feel justified in doing so. They hate me, too, i guess, or at least that is what i get from their replies. 10You who love the LORD, hate evil! which it even says "evil" in the original.

I'm strictly playing DA herenow, because i believe like you do. Tbh imo "hate" is a poor choice of words there in a sense, mostly because the word is so laden with symbology, and what is likely meant in Scripture at these points is a comparative, iow "hate your life" is not advising us to literally hate ourselves, same with "hate your family."
Very good...Yep hate is just one of those words the translators would have thought was fine to input in certain sentences, like quite a few other things, but what are we supposed to do...everyone (almost) see themselves as teachers and think they know everything because they can recite the Bible. Personally I think we would all be better served if we developed ears to hear instead...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this implies that "believers" are no longer divided, because they have of course now been "saved," oncesavedalwayssaved, and the only path to unity at that point is for you all to agree with me! :D lol
Yeah, that's about the size of it lol...I saw a sign yesterday where there were in fact 5 signs, each one showing directions to a different type of church, all in that same street..what a joke it all is...Why can't we just learn to listen and agree with Him ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
imo you should get comfortable with most ppl misunderstanding in the moment, so that the one who maybe needs to hear you specifically to change their minds, can.
It had been my hope that the few things I KNOW to be the truth, would have been received and understood by others who have the Holy Spirit ( things they perhaps had not received revelation of yet), as He will confirm the Truth, but then again, people have to open their hearts and seek understanding.. I had hoped to also receive other peoples revelations, but so far it's been very slim pickings to say the least..I am beginning to think this is completely futile and the worst of it is, that everyone here says they are Christians, but talk about the reality of the risen Christ, and our ability now to really get to know Him, and they seem to run for the hills....so odd !!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It had been my hope that the few things I KNOW to be the truth, would have been received and understood by others who have the Holy Spirit ( things they perhaps had not received revelation of yet), as He will confirm the Truth, but then again, people have to open their hearts and seek understanding.. I had hoped to also receive other peoples revelations, but so far it's been very slim pickings to say the least..I am beginning to think this is completely futile and the worst of it is, that everyone here says they are Christians, but talk about the reality of the risen Christ, and our ability now to really get to know Him, and they seem to run for the hills....so odd !!!
there is obviously supposed to be a lesson in that, imo. No two walks seem to be alike, regardless of any stated affiliations

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
there is also a lesson in here on Speaking in Tongues...but it hasn't come through yet lol
something about hearing first

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not sure what you mean here, got an example?
I have met church goers who on the one hand will tell people that they are forgiven of all sin, but then go on to condemning certain sections of society....Some say God lives in unapproachable Light ( which it also says within the Bible ) while somewhere in the O.T. it states that God dwells in deep darkness. So that's a crock for starters... lol

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things."
Nothing can make me believe this, because that is not what Jesus has taught me. This to me is just another example of what men thought about God. The fact that they wrote it down as if it's God speaking is totally blasphemes, in my opinion.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have met church goers who on the one hand will tell people that they are forgiven of all sin, but then go on to condemning certain sections of society....Some say God lives in unapproachable Light ( which it also says within the Bible ) while somewhere in the O.T. it states that God dwells in deep darkness. So that's a crock for starters... lol
hmm. there is a counterfeit for everything, i guess. So, the first strikes me as just an example of hypocrisy, while the second is two statements from Scripture, right, that indicate the nature of truth/point to the dialectic nature of Scripture. Read logically/literally, it will be perceived as a crock, yes. Stir in some religious fervor, and it becomes a complete mire

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nothing can make me believe this, because that is not what Jesus has taught me. This to me is just another example of what men thought about God. The fact that they wrote it down as if it's God speaking is totally blasphemes, in my opinion.
sure, i understand. all i can say is that God is not being diminished, and there are ways to understand the passage, just like you understand that "an eye for an eye" is not some repugnant permission for revenge, but a law to keep people from killing each other over slights

darkness was created as a construct to force you to choose, and disasters are...harder to explain, to ppl who naturally seek vaccinations for epidemics, and suppress forest fires. They come with Free Will, and Sow/Reap. To the lobsters on the Titanic, the sinking was a miracle.

Disasters force perspective, see, i now know that i can manipulate you with a "disaster." The point being see that "disaster" is very subjective, and has overtones that suggest "you can't count on God" seemingly backed up by "you know they happen every day" and before you know it "they don't happen to you though" and "you only learn about them when you turn on the tv" are completely forgotten, see, and all that is retained is a baseless, general fear.

"Disasters" are a part of life, and great fear-factories, at the same time. Many are obsessed with them i guess, even. So imo understand the emo component, even as we are compelled to count deaths or whatever, so meaningful to us, but so irrelevant to God, Who can create life. ya, that prolly helped lol

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
there is obviously supposed to be a lesson in that, imo. No two walks seem to be alike, regardless of any stated affiliations
I'm sure we don't all have the same 'walk' but we ought to all be of the same mind and not allow ourselves to be all 'carved' up into various doctrines / churches...