Who/What is Jesus if not God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is human logic. The things of God defy human logic. Only the Holy Spirit can teach us the things of God.

Appeal to Ignorance. You cannot logically show how trinitarianism makes any sense but somehow, assert it is true nonetheless in violation of Mark 7:13 and Acts 17:31 emphasizes that God selected this man. If Jesus were any kind or part of God, such an absurd verse meaning ‘God selected a man, who is himself in the form of a man’ would never be written because it serves no purpose and violates 2 Cor 1:13 (VOICE) We are not writing to you in anything resembling codes or riddles.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you construct your OP around pertinent scripture and some associated commentary? With an important topic such as this one with your obvious slant on the subject, I would have expected it.
His question is fine, and I find few here attempting to answer it.

If Jesus is not God, Who is He? You say He is not God. Who then do you say He is?

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and GEN2REV

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know why you are even posting in this thread, other than to derail it.

The OP is asking for an apology not for trinitarianism but for rejecting the man-is-God thesis.
No, the OP is asking for your alternative explanation. IF Jesus is not God, who is He?

How exactly did this Jesus person come to be? Just one of Mary's children who did really well? Or who?

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and GEN2REV

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not God, as so many love to claim today, please explain who Jesus is then; what He is that His life and sacrifice could accomplish so much if not the work of divine efforts.

Many will make all manner of case to prove that He is not God, but I have seen nobody explain just where He stands in such a scenario as having changed everything in the entire world ... by His sheer blood, sweat and tears.

Nobody but God could do what He did.
I've only read maybe half the posts on this thread, but . . . does anyone attempt to answer your question? I think I saw one from @Brakelite , but I haven't noticed anyone else.

Much love!

Reactions: GEN2REV

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 17:31 emphasizes that God selected this man. If
You are still using that translation? That's an example of finding the translation to support your view, even if incorrect. "Selected from among alternatives" is not the meaning of that word. And to present it that way is false.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke did not say God purchased the church with his blood. You did...God is a spirit . Do spirits have blood? There is no mention of a God man in the scripture...Why are you making up lies?

Making up lies? Tell me what you really think!

Did you ever get to answering the OP? If Jesus is not God, Who is He?

Acts 20:28 KJV
28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

This verse makes powerful statements regarding both the Holy Spirit and God, having blood. Knowing that God is Spirit, how do you explain this?

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. You cannot logically show how trinitarianism

The things of God are not based on you understanding it by analysis, they are only based on you BELIEVING .

Jesus told Thomas...... "because you have SEEN ME you have believed, yet blessed are those who have not seen me, and have believed".

Thats all of us. That's FAITH.. Faith is believing without SEEING. "the evidence of things NOT SEEN". but "hoped for".

"without faith, its impossible to please God"....... So, that pretty much eliminates human reasoning and intellectual pursuit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of a sinless person, named Jesus Christ, whom was the Son of God, the Word of God, and ultimately the Lord God Almighty, brother @Enoch111.
The passage refers to the church that God purchased with His blood. It's a fairly plainly stated passage. I think most people here reject it's meaning.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 1:1 explicitly says Jesus is the Son of God - as Jesus himself admits in Mark 14:61-62 and other places, which is why he was killed. That's good enough for me.
To the Jews, Son of God was also God, that's why they wanted to stone Him, and that's why they murdered Him.

What does "Son of God" mean to you?

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's an appeal to divine revelation. The natural man does not understand spiritual things.

Much love!
Again, both sides can make that claim but only one side has Scripture, definition, logic and language usage on its side.

And that begs the question, why are you posting in this thread - other than to derail it from answering What is Jesus if not God?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The things of God are not based on you understanding it
But you are in the know, eh? You know the things of God that directly go against Scripture.

It's OK, my friend. I'll rely on how the Holy Spirit leads me in alignment with Scripture, definition, logic and language usage.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Saint of God
@marks
@Wrangler

Uh you guys. Jesus is the Word of God?

don’t you get it? You may not I don’t know…

God spoke - his Words came forth…

God spoke to Moses his Word came forth?

John 1:1? The Word was God? The Word of God lived in the flesh of Jesus but The Word of God became flesh flesh and had come down from above?

make sense?

study it out, I done did.

This me in the flesh. Explaining my view on Jesus…

don’t believe me though and don’t take my word for it until you do the studying

be encouraged

God bless.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His question is fine, and I find few here attempting to answer it.

If Jesus is not God, Who is He? You say He is not God. Who then do you say He is?

Much love!
Not what I say, it is what the Father said in his word as his Son's faithful witness. John Chapters 7-10 clearly says who is Jesus with no controversy. The Pharisees finally got it and wanted him dead. Collectively, Jesus said he is the anointed one and the Son of God, and greater than Abraham, and he never said he was God. Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Making up lies? Tell me what you really think!
I already said what I thought...He is making up lies.
Did you ever get to answering the OP? If Jesus is not God, Who is He?
I did , jesus is the son of God. That means God is the father of Jesus... If Jesus is God, then Jesus is his own father.
Acts 20:28 KJV
28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

This verse makes powerful statements regarding both the Holy Spirit and God, having blood. Knowing that God is Spirit, how do you explain this?

Much love!
If you actually knew the scripture, you would know that God does not have blood. Spirits do not have blood. According to this passage God the father does not have blood...
Matthew 16:17
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Yet you believe God has blood. You assume the passage is saying that the HS and God have blood and you are asking me to explain it? You are the one making the claim. So you have to explain why the same God that Jesus said is not flesh and blood, you are claiming he has blood.

Reactions: APAK

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
@Saint of God
@marks
@Wrangler

Uh you guys. Jesus is the Word of God?

don’t you get it? You may not I don’t know…

God spoke - his Words came forth…

God spoke to Moses his Word came forth?

John 1:1? The Word was God? The Word of God lived in the flesh of Jesus but The Word of God became flesh flesh and had come down from above?

make sense?

study it out, I done did.

This me in the flesh. Explaining my view on Jesus…

don’t believe me though and don’t take my word for it until you do the studying

be encouraged

God bless.
You just explained that the word of God is the son of God (Jesus). The son of God (Jesus) is not God. Else jesus would be his own father or you would have two Gods...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
To the Jews, Son of God was also God, that's why they wanted to stone Him, and that's why they murdered Him.
That is foolishness, they wanted to kill him because they did not believe he was the son of God. If Jesus is God, why did he ascend to his God?
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
If Jesus is God why did God say this is my beloved son?

What does "Son of God" mean to you?
it means son of God exactly as it says...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Saint of God

ah but he is the Word of God.

anyway I don’t care to debate it, as it is a waste of time. Only studying and taking time to learn from scripture one learns.

not from really our opinions however we all have our own biases.