Whose lying?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This earth was formed by the Holy Spirit. It is reasonable that The Holy Spirit could make blood that is not from a man or women.

Your refusal to answer the OP shows who you are. Did Jesus lie? Did James lie? Did Paul lie? If none of them lied then why don't you believe them? That is the OP which you wish to bury under a barrage of garbage about me. I am not the subject of this thread.

So you want to give me another chance. Just who do you think you are, God?
the earth wasn't formed by the Holy Spirit, but by the word of God.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does my statement have to do with emanations? Jesus was born of a virgin. God became man. God inhabited a body prepared for Him. None of these have anything to do with emanations. The fact that Jesus was born of flesh and bone and of a virgin named Miriam has nothing to do with emanations. Jesus is not a Hindu avatar, He is the Son of the living God. He didn't emanate from the Father as He preexisted His own fleshly body. None of this has anything to do with emanations. If anyone in the godhead resembled an emanation it would be the person of the Holy Spirit because of His function in us, but my understanding is that the Holy Spirit, being one like Jesus according to His word, is fully God and eternal as well, not some emanation.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1:1-3
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said,"Let there be light"; and there was light.
NKJV

Are you one of those that DO NOT believe that Jesus is God and do not believe the Holy Spirit is God. If you don't then you do not believe in the trinity.

But this is not the subject of the thread.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SEE your Post #24 below,
Scripture says simply that He was born of a virgin and therefore flesh of her flesh, blood of her blood. That is what it means to be born and its been that way since the birth of Cain.
you lied the scriptures don't say that. you said that.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please give book chapter and verse where our Lord's flesh is of Mary's flesh and blood of her blood?.
biology 101. Im no simpleton. Every living thing bears offspring after its own kind and this is because God created this elegant information system which is sometimes referred to as a DNA RNA complex. You might try Genesis 6:20 if you really need a verse, though this refers to animal reproduction rather than human. You also might consider that Jesus couldn't be the "seed" of a woman without being flesh of her flesh and bone of her bone. God is able to do whatever He wants in heaven or on Earth, but He isn't confused, He doesn't lie, and His word is truth from beginning to end.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im no simpleton
LOL, you're correct you're no simpleton, only ignorant of the Word of God. Mary was not the biological mother of our Lord. she was only the surrogate mother to his body, not the biological mother of it. his body was prepared by God/himself for him to come in, scripture, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me". when was this said? Psalms 40:6 & 7 "Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me". and who came? God, and how did he come? in a BODY, which contained the sacrificial blood of our redemption.

and as for the blood of a baby, which produce it's own blood, the mother blood have nothing to do with the baby blood, nor exchange or mix with the baby blood. you should read up on these thing and quite being a simpleton. just as my motto states, "where there's knowledge, stay not ignorant".

peace in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: GodsGrace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lied?, let's read your post.
who said that He emanated from anyone? Scripture says simply that He was born of a virgin and therefore flesh of her flesh, blood of her blood. That is what it means to be born and its been that way since the birth of Cain.
michaelvpardo, do you know what emanated means?. "who said that He emanated from anyone?". then you lied and said the scripture said, "He was born of a virgin and therefore flesh of her flesh, blood of her blood". Therefore, therefore?. see, that's you injecting that into the scriptures, without KNOWLEDGE. but I'm not about arguing...... so good Day to you too.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well I see there is no answer here. just to help one out, remember, God who is Spirit have no blood.
That is exactly why Jesus had to be born of flesh and blood
Gen 1:1-3
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said,"Let there be light"; and there was light.
NKJV

Are you one of those that DO NOT believe that Jesus is God and do not believe the Holy Spirit is God. If you don't then you do not believe in the trinity.

But this is not the subject of the thread.
duh, the verse says hovering not creating. You've changed the word to suit your understanding, but that also changes the meaning. The whole point of Genesis chapter 1 is that God spoke the universe into being. The New Testament parallel is found in John 1:1.
When you consider the equivalence of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, being One God, your statement is effectively true, but Jesus distinguishes between His Father, Himself, and His Spirit, so most of us will interpret and understand the godhead as He is presented in scripture. However, I would agree that Jesus' Spirit was the motive force, the power, behind creation as in psalm 104 and verse 30. This might seem like nitpicking, but changing the language of scripture to conform to our understanding is the birthplace of heresy. If people twist scripture to try to give it their own meaning, what do you think they'll do with your own words?
Personally, I've been labeled a liar by tares on this forum repeatedly, simply for writing out principles and doctrines taught by scripture rather than just pasting verses. The simple don't even understand that pasting a verse as written doesn't explain its meaning (they demand the opportunity to misinterpret a quote from a passage the same way they misinterpret it in context.) However, as stupid as this may seem, the scripture is written in part to make the simple wise.
Proverbs chapter 22 says, "Incline your ear, and hear the words of the wise (God in context), and apply your heart to my knowledge, for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, if all of them are ready on your lips. That your trust may be in the LORD, I have made them known to you today, even to you."
Jesus demonstrated the value of this when tempted in the wilderness.
Having understanding is better than remaining simple, but power is not derived from understanding. God's word is power when it is made alive in us by the person of the Holy Spirit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is exactly why Jesus had to be born of flesh and blood
NO from Mary, or any other man.
the verse says hovering not creating. You've changed the word to suit your understanding, but that also changes the meaning. The whole point of Genesis chapter 1 is that God spoke the universe into being.
Second you're correct there, I'll give you an at a boy for that one... (smile)
The New Testament parallel is found in John 1:1.
I can't go with you on this one. John 1:1 is the the beginning of God in flesh. see, the beginning John 1:1 is referring to was his beginning in flesh. here's why I say this, scripture, 1 John 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life". understand, John and the rest of the disciple couldn't see, touch, nor handle that which was at Genesis 1:1. read 1 John 1:1 again. the word "beginning" in both verses is the Greek word, G746 ἀρχή arche, meaning 1. (properly abstract) a commencement. 2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank). now, we have a choices to understand beginning correctly. a. abstract. or b.concretely. if abstract, Spirit, and then Genesis 1:1. but concretely, Mark 1:1. so the correct answer is concretely, because John saw, touch, and heard. these are qualities only found in concrete concepts. and two, in John 1:1 God is never a "was" until "MADE" flesh, scripture, John 1:13 & 14 "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth".

BORN, not of blood, nor of the will of man. meaning no male or female was in involved in the conception. BUT OF GOD.

just some edification, not too much to digest.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In two places Jesus said He only came to the lost sheep of Israel (Matt. 10:5-7 and Matt. 15:23-24)

Did Jesus lie? Or is main street Christianity lying?

In the book of James 1.1 it tells us who James is writing to.

Did James lie? Or is main street Christianity lying?

In Paul’s epistles he states that the gospel he is preaching was “HIDDEN IN GOD” and revealed to him, by revelation, and is about God’s grace offered to man; if the man has faith to believe it. Grace excludes the law since it can not be earned. Under grace the law has been satisfied because Jesus atoned for, paid for, all the sins the mankind committed in the past, present, and future. For these the law is no longer in effect since Jesus’ shed blood paid the price for them.

The above is what Paul says, his gospel was hidden in God.

Is Paul lying? Or is main street Christianity lying?

The religious have changed the subject of this thread because they will not answer this question. They can't because it would destroy their blended gospel of law with grace that supports their religion.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God, The Thought. Jesus Spoke it..Being The Word. The Holy Spirit, performed it.
Being One.

( that is how I have always seen it :))

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, you're correct you're no simpleton, only ignorant of the Word of God. Mary was not the biological mother of our Lord. she was only the surrogate mother to his body, not the biological mother of it. his body was prepared by God/himself for him to come in, scripture, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me". when was this said? Psalms 40:6 & 7 "Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me". and who came? God, and how did he come? in a BODY, which contained the sacrificial blood of our redemption.

and as for the blood of a baby, which produce it's own blood, the mother blood have nothing to do with the baby blood, nor exchange or mix with the baby blood. you should read up on these thing and quite being a simpleton. just as my motto states, "where there's knowledge, stay not ignorant".

peace in Christ Jesus.
your view is what we commonly refer to as heresy.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lied?, let's read your post.

michaelvpardo, do you know what emanated means?. "who said that He emanated from anyone?". then you lied and said the scripture said, "He was born of a virgin and therefore flesh of her flesh, blood of her blood". Therefo, therefore?. see, that's you injecting that into the scriptures, without KNOWLEDGE. but I'm not about arguing...... so good Day to you too.
I know that you aren't arguing as you seem incapable of it. That would require at least a basic understanding of sound doctrine.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO from Mary, or any other man.

Second you're correct there, I'll give you an at a boy for that one... (smile)

I can't go with you on this one. John 1:1 is the the beginning of God in flesh. see, the beginning John 1:1 is referring to was his beginning in flesh. here's why I say this, scripture, 1 John 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life". understand, John and the rest of the disciple couldn't see, touch, nor handle that which was at Genesis 1:1. read 1 John 1:1 again. the word "beginning" in both verses is the Greek word, G746 ἀρχή arche, meaning 1. (properly abstract) a commencement. 2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank). now, we have a choices to understand beginning correctly. a. abstract. or b.concretely. if abstract, Spirit, and then Genesis 1:1. but concretely, Mark 1:1. so the correct answer is concretely, because John saw, touch, and heard. these are qualities only found in concrete concepts. and two, in John 1:1 God is never a "was" until "MADE" flesh, scripture, John 1:13 & 14 "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth".

BORN, not of blood, nor of the will of man. meaning no male or female was in involved in the conception. BUT OF GOD.

just some edification, not too much to digest.
I don't require attaboys from heretics, the Lord's blessings have always been more than enough. By the way, read John 1:13 again, very slowly, as the verse is not about Jesus, but those that believe Him and are born again. How can you understand the bible when you don't even understand the english language?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, The Thought. Jesus Spoke it..Being The Word. The Holy Spirit, performed it.
Being One.

( that is how I have always seen it :))
This works, but I would say Father rather than God in the statement, because Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all the same God as the Father. As Christians we don't worship 3 gods, but 1 God who is recognized (by some) as 3 persons. I don't think we'll ever have a completely sound understanding of the trinity on this side of eternity, but there is nothing safer than trusting what the scripture says plainly.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree, @michaelvpardo ONE God, who can and does, express Himself as three. Or however we are comfortable in saying it. I don't think Father sits and wrings His hands when we don't 'get it right.' I am convinced we care about it much more than He does! :D
It always comes back to our heart motivation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edification, #1. the name of God is Jesus, Hebrew Yeshua. this is God personal name. in the OT his personal name was not given, only his Titles, or Appellation was given as to "what" he is vs "who" he is in name, when he came in flesh. because he didn't have his body of flesh to manifest in yet, in the OT people understood God in his dispensation, or work or actions. these dispensation are in his name that he gave to Moses, for Moses asked "what" is his name and not "who" are you in name. "WHAT" he is, vs "WHO" he is in name make the difference in knowing God. "I AM THAT I AM" is not his personal name, but his three dispensation in our history, "HIS WORK". the first I AM is a dispensation of the Spirit/God from Genesis to Malachi, without flesh, without bone, and without blood. and in that dispensation he is CREATOR, & MAKER of all and every thing, holding the title "FATHER". that wisdom, (Proverb 8:22), that light, (John 1:5, 8:12 & Gen 1:3-4) that was brought forth was the mind of God which shined, or gave knowledge and understanding to men which is the share of God is now in flesh (Philippians 2:6-8). this is the THAT which was made Flesh, (John 1:14). this share, this diversity, this "offspring" of God holds the title of "Son". this is his, GOD second dispensation. the same Spirit that is the "Father" now is in flesh, diversified, as SAVIOR & REDEEMER of all mankind, (John 1:1). and now we're in his Last, or third dispensation, called Grace. which he is Glorified in the Spirit (John 17:5). in this last dispensation he is the last I AM which in Revelation, verse 4b "from him which is, (Genesis 1:1) and which was, (John 1:1) and which is to come (Revelation 1:1). who this is?, verse 5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth". in this dispensation he is COMFORTER & MEDIATOR. his title, "Holy Spirit". in this second and third dispensation our Lord is the numerical different of himself, meaning one person, shared with flesh. 1. the (SON), with flesh and 2. without flesh the (FATHER). this is the numerical different or the plurality of God, (John 14:16). yes, this "another" is the G243 allos the numerical different of himself in flesh.