Why a man and a woman?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marriage is a covenant of love between two human beings (a man and a woman) in which they unite their lives to form one life (Matthew 19:5-6). Since life is physiological the only way they can unite their lives is by uniting their physiologies. Among all the physiologies we have, the only physiology in which two human beings can unite is in reproductive physiology. Since reproduction is only possible between a man and a woman union of reproductive physiologies is only possible between a man and a woman. Therefore, marriage is only possible between a man and a woman.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about men and women who cannot reproduce? Are they living in sin?

Jul 6, 2011
aspen2,
what about men and women who cannot reproduce?
Ugh? Men and women can reproduce. You must be thinking of infertilty between a man and a woman. We can pray for them, God can work miracles.

Are they living in sin?
I would be very interested to know what gave you such a bizarre idea.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it really is not that bizarre. Infertility is quite common these days. My wife and I could not have children so this topic is quite personal. We were married for 20 years - was it valid?

Jul 6, 2011
aspen2,
Its bizzare because men and women can reproduce, that some suffer from infertility doesnt mean men and women cant reproduce which was the statement made.
My wife and I could not have children so this topic is quite personal. We were married for 20 years - was it valid?
Was what valid? The question to you was what gave you the idea that not being able to conceive was living in sin?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well after 20 years of marriage and regular sex - my wife never got pregnant. So was our marriage valid?

Jul 6, 2011
[sup]Aspen2, [/sup]

[sup]Marriage is man and woman in union. The reason why it is man and woman is because man and woman can reproduce, not because they must but because they can. [/sup]

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[sup]Aspen2, [/sup]

[sup]Marriage is man and woman in union. The reason why it is man and woman is because man and woman can reproduce, not because they must but because they can. [/sup]

Not if they are unable to produce children

Jul 6, 2011
aspen2,
Not if they are unable to produce children
Men and women are able to produce children. And marriage in the Bible is man and woman.

If you are trying to say that where a man and a woman fail to produce children is not marriage, there is nothing scripturally or culturally to support that
(except the lgbt thinking.)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen2,
Men and women are able to produce children. And marriage in the Bible is man and woman.

If you are trying to say that where a man and a woman fail to produce children is not marriage, there is nothing scripturally or culturally to support that
(except the lgbt thinking.)

My wife and I cannot produce children. I am a man and she is a women. Actually, marriage was between a man and his property for centuries before women were recognized as having equal rights.

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
My wife and I cannot produce children.
A man and a woman can produce children. DO you accept that?
Actually, marriage was between a man and his property for centuries before women were recognized as having equal rights.
Then I suggest you follow modern cultural ideas rather than ancient ones. In Christ even the man’s body belongs to the wife. Remember this is a Christian forum and not a secular one.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen2,

Why would I accept that? I just told you that having the equipment is no guarantee for having kids. If I want kids I have to adopt them just like a homosexual.

Then I suggest you follow modern cultural ideas rather than ancient ones. In Christ even the man’s body belongs to the wife. Remember this is a Christian forum and not a secular one.

Thanks - do you have any other suggestions for how I should post here? You obviously believe you are the expert here.

Fact is, your argument does not hold water. God speaks against homosexuality in the Bible because He chooses to. It has nothing to do with reproduction or the false history of marriage promoted by right wingers

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,

Why would I accept that? I just told you that having the equipment is no guarantee for having kids.
I never said it was, I asked you do you accept that a man and a woman can produce children, bearing in mind that I am thinking of plenty of men and woman who have produced children together. Why are you reluctant to answer the question?

If I want kids I have to adopt them just like a homosexual
Whether a man or woman wants sexual intercourse with the opposite sex is irrelevant, a man can reproduce with a woman even if he doesnt want to. Its anatomical reality.
Furthermore, according to God's testimony He created woman to be in union with man, all the OP does is affirm that with anatomical reality.

Thanks - do you have any other suggestions for how I should post here? You obviously believe you are the expert here.
No, I believe God is sovereign here.

Fact is, your argument does not hold water.
How would my argument and the argument of others here not hold water. Can a man and a man reprodcue together in sexual intercourse? Lets see some evidence please.

So you believe a God speaks against homosexuality in the Bible
Yes I can read thinka you very much.

It has nothing to do with reproduction
I can read, yes it does. God realsed man and woman to multiply

tarmack09

Nov 16, 2008
There is a huge push for the heterosexual life style that I find offensive. Sometimes this is even more offensive then the Homosexual agenda. There have been some rare cases of men having babies. Which I could not believe my ears. Quite astonishing if you ask me. I know a freak of nature..but I wonder if more men were to have babies would they understand women more? However..I must say, it is undeniable that a man and women possess the physiology to make a baby.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL just because it is possible for men and women to have children does not proves that only men and women should be married - absurd!

Homosexuals can adopt children - does this mean they are justified in being together?

Are adopted children 'less than' biological children?

You are the person avoiding the question - not me. What about couples who cannot conceive? Is there marriage valid?

God is sovereign everywhere - not sure why you think you have a corner on the market when it comes to what God allows and what he does not allow here.

I have just as much right to post my opinions here as you do.

Jul 6, 2011
Tarmac09
There is a huge push for the heterosexual life style that I find offensive.
Ok thanks for sharing that. Next?
There have been some rare cases of men having babies.
Miraculous conception you mean. Evidence please and I dont want the usual mistake of forgetting the sperm still comes from a man and the egg from the woman.

NB you shouldnt believe half of what you read in the newspapers.

.. although according to the Guardian this morning its just over half. ;)

aspen2,
God didnt create homosexuals, he created man and woman in His image and to be in union. One moment you claim you believe the truth and gthe next you show you dont.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.malepregnancy.com/

Tarmac09
Ok thanks for sharing that. Next?
Miraculous conception you mean. Evidence please and I dont want the usual mistake of forgetting the sperm still comes from a man and the egg from the woman.

NB you shouldnt believe half of what you read in the newspapers.

.. although according to the Guardian this morning its just over half. ;)

aspen2,
God didnt create homosexuals, he created man and woman in His image and to be in union. One moment you claim you believe the truth and gthe next you show you dont.

So it troubles you that I believe homosexuality is a sin and I believe homosexuals should be able to marry?

Why is that a problem? I am not saying that churches that do not believe in homosexual marriage should be forced to marry homosexuals. I am not saying that Christian homosexuality is valid.

Not sure why you are confused,

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

So it troubles you that I believe homosexuality is a sin and I believe homosexuals should be able to marry?

Why is that a problem? I am not saying that churches that do not believe in homosexual marriage should be forced to marry homosexuals. I am not saying that Christian homosexuality is valid.

I know there have been discussions like this previously, and believe me, I say this to the best intent, because I have quite alot of friends who don't see what's wrong with homosexual marriage. Let me explain why I believe it is wrong, and why EVERY true Christian should be opposed to homosexual marriage:

Who instituted marriage and why? This question should answer whether homosexual marriage is ok.

God instituted marriage for reproduction and strengthening the bond between a man and his wife. It was never intended for a man and a man, or a woman and a woman: God detests such unions, therefore I think it would be wrong to say homosexual marriage doesn't matter. We all agree that God has explicitly stated in his word that homosexuality is a sin. We also know that the punishment for a homosexual act in the OT was death. Now ask yourself, which is more casual, just the act, or an actual 'marriage'? I think you know the answer. Homosexual actions fly in the face of God. What does homosexual marriage do? And what do Christians accepting homosexual marriage really condone? The moment you as a Christian say it's ok, you have just condoned something God condemned. I would not like to be doing any such thing. We don't need to even risk being on the wrong side of God.

The days we are in are dark. We need to be lights on a hill. When the giants come and demand whether we support their sins, we need to stick our heads out of our shells and say, "No, I don't, because my God condemns it."

Strat

Mar 25, 2012

You don't trouble anyone,once again Aspen.....you're not that important...you are leading people,or as you put it "loving" people to Hell and you will not escape it yourself if you continue.The bible is the whole and inspired word of God and you will not change it,it will either change and command you or you will be condemned by it.