Why a man and a woman?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
White Separatism and Christianity are incompatible. I believe that no white. black, latino, middle eastern,or asian hatred is acceptable - whether it is towards or against - no matter how much I am threatened with violence or fed scriptures out of context. I am also an American - I pay taxes - I obey the laws of the land - I live in the world, but I am not of the world.

good day.

Marriage is not defined in scripture. I think Gen 2:24 comes close, but it is descriptive, not authoritative.

I am not opposed to homosexual marriage for nonbelievers. Within the church, I am opposed, because it appears to offend God for believers to practice homosexuality.

I am just tired of conservative christian circles trying to own marriage. If you do not believe God likes gay marriage and you want it outlawed for everyone just admit it! Stop drumming up stupid headliners like 'homosexual marriage is an attack on marriage' or 'gay marriage is impossible'. All marriage between consenting adults is possible for nonbelievers and many variations of marriage have even been practiced by believers.

I happen to believe that marriage between one man and one women is the best way to please God, but scripture does not seem to back up my claims. I also recognize the right (based on the fact that God allows it) for people to live outside the Christian understanding of God's law.
Where do you get hate from anything that I said? The bible teaches separation from the beginning, when God seperated light from darkness... (and no, Im not implying race here--Christ is the 'light' of the world, and Satan is 'darkness' throughout scripture.

You simply asked some ingorant questions, the only 'hate' in my heart is for the very things that God 'hates' listed in
Proverbs 6, are we not to hate these things as well? King David, who was closest to Gods heart, commited numerous Psalms about the destruction of Gods enemies, not prayer to bring them closer to God! So if David was righteous, did God change His mind about righteousness at some point?

Marriage is defined in the bible as a man and a woman cleaving to one another to become one flesh. Christ is considered the 'groom' and Lost Israel His 'bride', and in the end is the 'marriage supper' of the lamb. There isn't any mention of two grooms or two brides... Bride and groom, husband and wife, man and woman, period.

The government can make marriage whatever they want, mans law is corrupt, well beyond 'fixing', so here's a gem for you

[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)],[/background][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]Sodomites-gays are a plague on our children, our culture, and our faith. They can do what they please, but far removed from me and mine. They won't reproduce anyway, so they can't grow exponentially in numbers, now can they.[/background]
[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]Before you accuse me of hate, do your research on what hate is, its not the modern secular definition that we should adhere to, Gods word should be what we use. If he hates is, then i hate it, I detest it, loathe it, am disgusted by it, just as He is. So justify away the Word of God so you can feel comfortable in this new Babylon here in America.[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [/background]were[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)] on the other side of the [/background]flood[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)], or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15[/background]

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get hate from anything that I said? The bible teaches separation from the beginning, when God seperated light from darkness... (and no, Im not implying race here--Christ is the 'light' of the world, and Satan is 'darkness' throughout scripture.

You simply asked some ingorant questions, the only 'hate' in my heart is for the very things that God 'hates' listed in
Proverbs 6, are we not to hate these things as well? King David, who was closest to Gods heart, commited numerous Psalms about the destruction of Gods enemies, not prayer to bring them closer to God! So if David was righteous, did God change His mind about righteousness at some point?

Marriage is defined in the bible as a man and a woman cleaving to one another to become one flesh. Christ is considered the 'groom' and Lost Israel His 'bride', and in the end is the 'marriage supper' of the lamb. There isn't any mention of two grooms or two brides... Bride and groom, husband and wife, man and woman, period.

The government can make marriage whatever they want, mans law is corrupt, well beyond 'fixing', so here's a gem for you

[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)],[/background][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]Sodomites-gays are a plague on our children, our culture, and our faith. They can do what they please, but far removed from me and mine. They won't reproduce anyway, so they can't grow exponentially in numbers, now can they.[/background]
[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]Before you accuse me of hate, do your research on what hate is, its not the modern secular definition that we should adhere to, Gods word should be what we use. If he hates is, then i hate it, I detest it, loathe it, am disgusted by it, just as He is. So justify away the Word of God so you can feel comfortable in this new Babylon here in America.[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [/background]were[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)] on the other side of the [/background]flood[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)], or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15[/background]

I am glad I misunderstood you. I apologize! I really am sorry! I have never jumped to a conclusion like that about someone on this board before. I live 40 miles from Hayden Lake, Idaho, so I hear a lot of white separatist rhetoric and your post sounded similar. Anyway, I was completely wrong and apologize.

The OT taught the Jewish people to be separate from the cultures they encountered - it was very important for them to remain a distinct culture. The NT taught Christians to be separate from the decadence of Roman culture - homosexuality, specifically, teacher-student relationships and public random sex at the public bath houses was included as an example of 'worldliness' by Paul and rightfully condemned for Christians.

Paul did not advocate for Christians to riot against or picket or condemn nonbelievers for engaging in same sex behavior. Ancient Roman cultural was highly sexual - if you have ever been to Pompeii, you know what I am talking about - it is beyond shocking! Paul does not utter a peep about condemning the nonbeliever - he simply, and rightfully, teaches Christians to separate themselves from it.

I am advocating the same thing. Christians should separate themselves from the worldliness surrounding them - Hollywood, music, consumerism, materialism, relativism, objectivism (Rand), hedonism, etc. However, am I supposed to outlaw worldliness from those who embrace the world? Or am I supposed to witness a different way to the people of the world? I believe God allows sinners to sin as long as they need to - why do we think we can stand in their way? Adult sinners should be allowed to experience the emptiness of a life devoted to sin - if it really is an abomination before God, they will come to a place of despair and turn towards him. I do not advocate this for sinners who want to murder, rape, molest, or hurt others - but for sinners who want to follow their empty desires - absolutely!

People have the mistaken impression that I believe homosexual union and marriage should be legal in order to legitimize the love between same sex couples; I am not. I am advocating the legal protection for same sex partners to play house long enough to experience their own emptiness. I trust God that a sinful life is truly a broken life, and it will eventually lead people to wholeness only found in God. A sinful life may be seductive, but it is not sustainable - people will crave wholeness eventually. Hopefully, they will not be jailed or targeted for violence or denied housing or cut off from their partners who are sick in the hospital during their trials - why give them circumstances to blame for the emptiness they are experiencing based on their sinful chooses?

What I do not understand is the Christian response to sin in nonbelievers. To me it looks like Zionism - a basic lack of trust in God. God is not powerful enough to fulfill His promise to Israel so Britain and the United States have to carve out a version of the Promise Land for the Jewish people; God is not powerful enough so we need to legislate laws to curb the sinful practices of consenting adults because we are basically afraid that homosexuality is actually entice enough to destroy our children and our marriages! Ridiculous! Good always trumps evil - Jesus proved it on the Cross! Stop living in fear, Christians! Sin may be seductive, but it is not sustaining.

Legalization of homosexual marriage is not an endorsement of sin, it is legal protection for people who engage in sin - I trust in God to reveal the emptiness and brokenness of the sinful choices people are engaged in and bring them home. If homosexual marriage is a sin, it will not be fulfilling and will lead people to God.

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
Apology is not necessary, as it is easy for typed words to misinterpreted. To come out from the world is all that needs to be done. if those faithful in Christ simply rejected false doctrine and didn't take part in the beast empire anymore, things would change because there would be no fuel for the flames.

In another post, you pointed out that I speak against 'jews' often, again, this is not a hatred at all, rather it is love for my fellow Christians. There have been so many lies taught since 1948 about the Jews and their relation to Christianity that it takes away the validity of scripture. When the facts suggest, even the very writings of the jewish people, that Jews are of Edom, and that Pharisseeism IS modern Jewry, it is hard to deny the facts. The world banking system, that is currently collapsing the world economy all for the sake of global governance, is owned by Rothschilds! German Jews that can be traced back to the Khazars. Khazars adopted Judaism because it fit their agenda better. Rather than adopt Christianity, many commited mass suicides to avoid conversion. Islam was too strict for them, so they sought the teachings of 'opinion'. Judaism stems from Babylonian traditions, and the Talmud itself is Babylonian in origin, filled with disgusting examples of what Judaism believes. I know that the Pentateuch is considered part of the Talmud, but the rabbis simply put their own interpretation of these scriptures on paper, and then it is studied as truth, when it is merely a mans opinion.

The Talmud says that Jesus is in hell boiling in excrement... That he is the offspring of a whore and a roman soldier..is this something that is the foundation of CHRISTianity? To deny Christ, is to deny the father and many of these 'imposters' appear holy on the outside, but are nothing but old mens bones... Christ said it not me.

I do not apologize for standing firm in what the Word, the LOGOS teaches us. We are children of God, its time to obey the Father

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, then I completely disagree with you on this topic so I guess I will leave it at that.

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
Alright, but I highly suggest that you look into the being of this world today and see who is pulling the strings from behind the curtain. I wonder if you consider the 'Illuminati' to be a reality? It would be odd if you could accept that, but still deny that a particular group of people could be responsible for the filth in this world. Look at who supports it, who promotes and advocates it, and who makes it into law. Its not the true Christian man, that is for sure, its just unfortunate that many of these folks claim to be 'jews'

Jul 6, 2011
Yep, Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph - that is exactly what happen.
Ok so why did you say
Where does the Bible say that marriage is between one man and one women?

Mary was a woman wasnt she? Joseph was a man wasnt he? Thats one man and one woman married isnt it?

Now answer my question.
The Biblical testimony IS answering your question. As has been shown to you subsequently and many times Jesus affirms God created woman for man to be in union.

If you want to understand this truth you need to apply it to the debate. At the moment you are thing as the world does.
The OT taught the Jewish people to be separate from the cultures they encountered - it was very important for them to remain a distinct culture.
But that is only possibly partly true, the OT message is that by following God they were to be an example of God's purposes to the world set apart and made holy. Its not really culture so much as spiritual.
The NT taught Christians to be separate from the decadence of Roman culture -
No, again set apart and made holy to be a witness for God to all.
teacher-student relationships and public random sex at the public bath houses was included as an example of 'worldliness' by Paul and rightfully condemned for Christians.
No. The NT doesnt address student teacher relationships, it address sinful practice some fo which was student teacher, some of which was master-slave and some of which was simply self gratification. The Bible addresses men with men instead of the natural with women, any such activity however the culture liked to describe it.

Furthermore according to the Biblical testimony love isnt sex, sex is a part of a man woman marriage but loving is what all people should do. I am to love other men and other women, dont think of it in terms of a same sex cpuple or you are using the meaning the world thinks.

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012

9 I am speaking the truth in Christ. I am not lying; my conscience [enlightened and prompted] by the Holy Spirit bearing witness with me

[sup]2 [/sup]That I have bitter grief and incessant anguish in my heart.

[sup]3 [/sup]For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off and banished from Christ for the sake of my brethren and instead of them, my natural kinsmen and my fellow countrymen.

What is he saying by 'natural kinsmen'?

kinsman​
[ˈkɪnzmən]​
n pl -men
1. a blood relation or a relation by marriage​
2. a member of the same race, tribe, or ethnic stock​

[sup]4 [/sup]For THEY are Israelites, and to them belong God’s adoption [as a nation] and the glorious Presence (Shekinah). With them were the special covenants made, to them was the Law given. To them [the temple] worship was revealed and [God’s own] promises announced.

Throughout scripture, nations are NOT physical boundaries of land, they are races of people.

[sup]5 [/sup]To them belong the patriarchs, and as far as His natural descent was concerned, from them is the Christ, Who is exalted and supreme over all, God, blessed forever! Amen (so let it be).

To whom? The Israelites, those of the same racial lineage.

[sup]6 [/sup]However, it is not as though God’s Word had failed [coming to nothing]. For it is not everybody who is a descendant of Jacob (Israel) who belongs to [the true] Israel.

[sup]7 [/sup]And they are not all the children of Abraham because they are by blood his descendants. No, [the promise was] Your descendants will be called and counted through the line of Isaac [though Abraham had an older son.

Compare that with the account in Genesis 21:12 [background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.[/background][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]"In Isaac shall they seed be called?" Isaac's sons-Isaacsons-Sychtians-Saxons[/background]

[sup]8 [/sup]That is to say, it is not the children of the body [of Abraham] who are made God’s children, but it is the offspring to whom the promise applies that shall be counted [as Abraham’s true] descendants.

Hopefully this shed lights that Jesus did in fact come 'only for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel' and also separate the aspect of Judaism having ANYTHING to do with our faith at all.

As far as a scriptural reference to a man and woman being made, technically there are none, but we are taught that "[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." in Genesis 2:24 [/background]

[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]We also know that by the verses below alone, we can determine what God sees as natural and what man accepts as natural. I don't need any other definition of marriage, except for what is taught. [/background]

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abom­i­na­tion. Leviti­cus 18:22

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have com­mit­ted an abom­i­na­tion; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. Leviti­cus 20:13
Do you not know that the unright­eous will not inherit the king­dom of God? Do not be deceived: nei­ther the sex­u­ally immoral, nor idol­aters, nor adul­ter­ers, nor men who prac­tice homo­sex­u­al­ity, [sup]10[/sup]nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunk­ards, nor revil­ers, nor swindlers will inherit the king­dom of God. 1 Corinthi­ans 6:9 – 10​
Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it law­fully, [sup]9[/sup]under­stand­ing this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the law­less and dis­obe­di­ent, for the ungodly and sin­ners, for the unholy and pro­fane, for those who strike their fathers and moth­ers, for mur­der­ers, [sup]10[/sup]the sex­u­ally immoral, men who prac­tice homo­sex­u­al­ity, enslavers, liars, per­jur­ers, and what­ever else is con­trary to sound doc­trine, [sup]11[/sup]in accor­dance with the glo­ri­ous gospel of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted. 1 Tim­o­thy 1:8 – 11​
For this rea­son God gave them up to dis­hon­or­able pas­sions. For their women exchanged nat­ural rela­tions for those that are con­trary to nature; [sup]27[/sup]and the men like­wise gave up nat­ural rela­tions with women and were con­sumed with pas­sion for one another, men com­mit­ting shame­less acts with men and receiv­ing in them­selves the due penalty for their error.​

[sup]28[/sup]And since they did not see fit to acknowl­edge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. Romans 1:26 – 28

Though they know God’s decree that those who prac­tice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who prac­tice them. Romans 1:32