Why are there so many religions in the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or crowd!

the better question why so many sects when scripture says one shepherd and one fold Jn 10:16???

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the replies I read

@Dropship

Came closest to mine.

Everyone is the creation of God. They have an untaught connection to God but do not fully understand the connection because they have never been shown what it means.

So they try to recreate what the connection is, some come close and some are so far off it has to be the work of Satan.

In many places when the gospel is taught the shaman are the first to come to Jesus. This is because they are spiritual men constantly searching their spirit for what they have missed.

But because people search for what they know they are missing satan has ripe fields of emptiness to work his corruption in.

Why do we have so many religions? Because of our natural connection to God. And Satan working hard to corrupt God's creation.

Alfredthefifth

Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..the better question why so many sects when scripture says one shepherd and one fold Jn 10:16???

Yup, Jesus said-"Call nobody teacher except me" (Matthew 23:8-10)
and he was easy enough to understand-
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

But then the disrupters began creeping in-
Paul said-"Beware men who spoil you with enticing words, deceitful philosophy not after Christ" (Colossians 2:4-8 )
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)

But sadly many people make fools of themselves by ignoring his advice and end up trudging down here..:)-

jackass.jpg

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or crowd!

the better question why so many sects when scripture says one shepherd and one fold Jn 10:16???

For many sects.
They became a separate church because a falsehood permeated the church of there roots.

The protestant church roots are the corruption of The Church, the catholic church. When the Gospel was relearned they had to split and become another sect.

Then there are sects where a false teacher leads some or all away from the Gospel.

This doesn't even get it to slight separations, because of you don’t or you didn't. Put the coma in the right place or put enough weight on this. That creates many churchs nearly unrecognizable from one another but of their own sect.

Yes Jesus says there will be one flock that know his voice.
But the humans that make up the flock are at trial all there lives. In these trials we have those easily led astray and those that eagerly lead astray.
Many sects? Were they staying true?, or being led astray?
Not all hear the message equally and not all lead truthfully

By their fruits you will know them.

Yours in Christ

Alfredthefifth

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"

Christ is talking to the House of Israel, in your verse, not to the Gentile Body of Christ.... who will be given "Apostles" "Prophets" TEACHERS"........

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold
Jesus's earthly ministry was to Israel.

Did his teachings stay Israel centered after Israel rejected him? Does what he said to the Jewish people not apply to all people?

What is the purpose in saying "THAT WAS TAUGHT TO THE JEWS!" And not intended for all people?

Alfredthefifth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

But then the disrupters began creeping in-
Paul said-"Beware men who spoil you with enticing words, deceitful philosophy not after Christ" (Colossians 2:4-8 )
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)

But sadly many people make fools of themselves by ignoring his advice and end up trudging down here..:)-

View attachment 24919

that’s why we need our spiritual fathers to care for our souls protect us from the ravages of heresy!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many sects.
They became a separate church because a falsehood permeated the church of there roots.

The protestant church roots are the corruption of The Church, the catholic church. When the Gospel was relearned they had to split and become another sect.

Then there are sects where a false teacher leads some or all away from the Gospel.

This doesn't even get it to slight separations, because of you don’t or you didn't. Put the coma in the right place or put enough weight on this. That creates many churchs nearly unrecognizable from one another but of their own sect.

Yes Jesus says there will be one flock that know his voice.
But the humans that make up the flock are at trial all there lives. In these trials we have those easily led astray and those that eagerly lead astray.
Many sects? Were they staying true?, or being led astray?
Not all hear the message equally and not all lead truthfully

By their fruits you will know them.

Yours in Christ

Alfredthefifth

Protestantism is the heresy
Satan was the first Protestant
First protester
In rebellion against God as Protestantism is rebellion against Christ and his church!

matt 16:18-19 gates shall not prevail
Jn 16:13 apostles lead into all truth

Christ is the truth Jn 14:6
His church is the pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Christ is the light of the world
Jn 8:12
The church of the apostles is the light of the world
Matt 5:14

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42
1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith

You are saying that the Roman Catholic Church has never drifted away from true teaching!
That the teaching of work righteousness
Buying righteousness
Was never taught by THE CHURCH.

When Martin Luther was on trial for herecy.
Not one priestly judge took up his request, prove my herecy out the Bible.

They all said "we don't need the Bible the pope said!"

Where is the herecy? The man trained in an un failed line from the Disciples? Or the man, the pope that changed God's word?

You call all protestants heratics.

Yet Jesus warns us against false profits and that turning to God's word, the Bible will reveal them.

I have no doubt there are churches of herecy.

But labeling all heratics is just as bad as any herecy!

You store up your judgment in heaven.
By how you judge another you will be judged.

I will shake the dust off my sandals when I leave a church that is untrue. All the while for God to show me if I err.

But call any church herecy with no experience there? The results are to terrible to contemplate!

Alfredthefifth

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith

Oh and the first protestants didn’t call themselves protestants that was a name applied to them.
The reformed church, the church of the Reformation. Became protestant by proclamation of the THE CHURCH, the church that wanted to keep pursuing money grubbing false ways!

So am I protestant? Only in the words of a false church!

Alfredthefifth

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold
Jesus's earthly ministry was to Israel.

Did his teachings stay Israel centered after Israel rejected him? Does what he said to the Jewish people not apply to all people?
What is the purpose in saying "THAT WAS TAUGHT TO THE JEWS!" And not intended for all people?
Alfredthefifth

Jesus came to the House of Israel, and lived a holy sinless live under the Law.
Upon the Cross being raised, the new covenant is begun.
This is a new revelation, that is the NEW Testament.

IN the Old Testament, for example, the situation was..>"obey all my statues, laws, etc", and you will be blessed.

In the NEW TESTAMENT, based on the Blood Atonement, the sinner, now saved by Grace, becomes a Heir of God, and a Joint heir of Jesus, based on the Sacrifice of Christ.

See the difference?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith

You are saying that the Roman Catholic Church has never drifted away from true teaching!
That the teaching of work righteousness
Buying righteousness
Was never taught by THE CHURCH.

NEVER! Works alone is condemned
Justification by faith alone is also a condemned heresy

When Martin Luther was on trial for herecy.
Not one priestly judge took up his request, prove my herecy out the Bible.

They all said "we don't need the Bible the pope said!"

they don’t!
The church does not require scripture to know the truth!
Christ taught his church in person for three years
Jude 1:3

luther demanded a church council to decide his errors and they held the apostolic council of Trent and condemned all his errors!

Where is the herecy? The man trained in an un failed line from the Disciples? Or the man, the pope that changed God's word?

You call all protestants heratics.

Yet Jesus warns us against false profits and that turning to God's word, the Bible will reveal them.

true Christ fo not believe the false doctrine of the “Bible alone”!
The complete revelation of God must be believed, with the teaching authority of the apostles
Scripture (all scripture not you’re limited version) and tradition
Tradition means the teaching authority of Christ in His church!

I have no doubt there are churches of herecy.

there is only one true church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter Matt 16:18-19 and 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20 Matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15

all others are heretical sects all teaching contradictions and are the tradition of men, only Christ has authority to found the church, and commanded his church to teach all men Matt 28:19 and sanctify them by the sacraments he instituted!

But labeling all heratics is just as bad as any herecy!

You store up your judgment in heaven.
By how you judge another you will be judged.

I will shake the dust off my sandals when I leave a church that is untrue. All the while for God to show me if I err.

But call any church herecy with no experience there? The results are to terrible to contemplate!

Alfredthefifth

thanks for you’re input
You can ask me anything

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are there so many religions in the world?
The Christian church is one body made up of many [different] members. The other religions are just man made attempts at human perfection.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we are one body made up of many [different] members.

not having different religions or religious practices or not having the same faith revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church
Matt 28:19

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not having different religions or religious practices or not having the same faith revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church
Matt 28:19
I was referring to the church, not all religions. I edited my post for clarification.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was referring to the church, not all religions. I edited my post for clarification.

thanks

but there can be no union without the same (catholic) faith revealed by Christ and taught to us! Eph 4:5

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks

but there can be no union without the same (catholic) faith revealed by Christ and taught to us! Eph 4:5
The union is the Head, that Head of His body of many members.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus came to the House of Israel, and lived a holy sinless live under the Law.
Upon the Cross being raised, the new covenant is begun.
This is a new revelation, that is the NEW Testament.

IN the Old Testament, for example, the situation was..>"obey all my statues, laws, etc", and you will be blessed.

In the NEW TESTAMENT, based on the Blood Atonement, the sinner, now saved by Grace, becomes a Heir of God, and a Joint heir of Jesus, based on the Sacrifice of Christ.

See the difference?

What I get out of your post is that the Gentiles have never been saved because that wasn't isn't the covenant of God as proved by the cross.

Alfredthefifth