Why are there so many religions in the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You can ask me anything

That’s a wonderful attitude. I commend you for it.

But will you answer?

I’ve asked you at least three times now about the Catholic teaching that you will become gods. I haven’t received a response from you yet.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are there so many religions in the world?
People who resolved the troubling questions that plague us ie; death, meaning and purpose, how to behave... Each time a people rise to success a religion unique to them has succeeded as well. Religion has always been considered necessary for law makers to have well formed conscience and pass law accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alfredthefifth

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

But will you answer?

I’ve asked you at least three times now about the Catholic teaching that you will become gods. I haven’t received a response from you yet.
Don't waste your time with thee faith. The only thing she is interested in is telling you where you are wrong and the roman catholic church is always right.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said-"Call nobody teacher except me" (Matthew 23:8-10)

Christ is talking to the House of Israel, in your verse, not to the Gentile Body of Christ.... who will be given "Apostles" "Prophets" TEACHERS"........

Jesus came for the whole world, not just to the jews..:)
Jesus said "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations" (Matthew 24:14)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..we need our spiritual fathers to care for our souls protect us from the ravages of heresy!

If pastors/priests/vicars etc are good that's fine, but many couldn't run a lemonade stall let alone a ministry.
Remember, a fool with a theology degree is still just a fool..:)

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If pastors/priests/vicars etc are good that's fine, but many couldn't run a lemonade stall let alone a ministry.
Remember, a fool with a theology degree is still just a fool..:)

And when someone is tired enough of the fool to open the Bible for themselves. Often seeing the fool as the fool and asking the church to move back into the WORD the fool and his their followers kick the WORD out of the following, order, sect crying herecy. You end up with a church of a new name.

The case of Martin Luther, a monk, a student of the Bible, a Theologian, even though he lifted a nearly sinless life, could not find releaf from sins in works, self punishment and fasting. One day read
For it is grace of faith that you are saved not of works lest any man should boast.
This student even teacher of the bible set out in study to find out what this means and why it wasn't in the church.
In little puplished writing Luther takes the CHURCH, to task over preaching in Latin. "The soul will know what is said," Luther in different CHURCHS had heard in Latin ramblings on that didn't have one word of God. "Preach in the language of the people so they can know the fool!" Is pretty much what Luther wrote.

Luther proves this, he didn’t a new religion he wanted the old church to come back to the GOSPEL! Come back into the word !

Luther how did you survive where so many perished?
"Because what I taught was The WORD of God! I never said I MARTIN LUTHER tell you this as others did using their names. I proclaimed the word of God as the Word of God!" "Want the church made right not another Church. How many died in vane because the old church went untrue?"

Alfredthefifth

Reactions: Dropship

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The union is the Head, that Head of His body of many members.

we must believe what the head has revealed
Same faith or no union

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness withunrighteousness? and what communion hath light withdarkness?

Reactions: Dropship

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same faith or no union

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness withunrighteousness? and what communion hath light withdarkness?
Of course, but that does not address why there are so many differences among the body: Each has its own purpose appointed by gifts from God.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same faith or no union

You can go back to the Book of Genesis

But for sure in 1 Kings Samuel has to tell the High Priest that his sons are evil and wicked and God's judgment has been pronounced.

Paul admonished "Do not lean on Paul but look to your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

If the churches that sprang up from Pauls ministry had a head to control the body Paul was it yet he said that is Jesus test even me!

Jesus taught about how pure a false teacher or profit appears, test there fruits. By there Fruits you will know them.

Men are easily deceived, some churches are in deceptions and some are from pulling away from deceptions. Can anyone search the Scriptures well enough to tellthe difference!
But the scriptures are the answer, the whole of Scripture is the answer.

Alfredthefifth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But will you answer?

i answered that we share in the divine life thru grace

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
i answered that we share in the divine life thru grace

Thanks. I must have missed it in connection with my question.

So you see yourself then (and your fellow Catholics) as becoming god, not becoming divine.

What will you do as a non-divine god?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I must have missed it in connection with my question.

So you see yourself then (and your fellow Catholics) as becoming god, not becoming divine.

What will you do as a non-divine god?

not God or divine only united to God thru his grace

Reactions: Matthias

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord (God) is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Jn 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus is shepherd / Jesus is God!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
not God or divine only united to God thru his grace

What will you being doing when you become a god who is “not God or divine only united to God thru his grace”? Where will you do it, and for how long?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Lord (God) is my shepherd; I shall not want.

The lord Messiah’s God and Father, Yahweh.

Jn 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus is shepherd / Jesus is God!

Jesus is shepherd / Jesus acts like [his] God!

Jesus is divine / godlike.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will you being doing when you become a god who is “not God or divine only united to God thru his grace”? Where will you do it, and for how long?

I never said we become God!

Hebrews 1:6
And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Revelation 1:5
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten…

Only God may be lawfully worshipped!