• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which of these choices best represent your reason for being a Christian?

• It's just the right thing to do.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • My parents were Christians.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My friends or acquaintances influenced me the most.

• I just want to be saved.

• I love the opportunities for socializing.

• I get caught up in discussion and/or debates.

• My pastor influenced me the most.

• I want to cooperate with God in ending sin and suffering.

• I care deeply about people.

• I fell in love with Jesus.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your point in posting this is ..?
You already exposed yourself jim . You dont care at all about the truth .
You done ran out of gas and steam . and others are seeing it jim .
You need to run to congress and Start getting the laws passed you need , to get rid of folks like me
before many start waking up and resisting the lie of the progressive movement .
You must do what you must do . But folks are beginning to truly see
exactly what the heck has been going on for so long .
AND I AM GONNA ONLY STIR THEM ALL UP MORE and MORE AND MORE and MORE JIM .
SO , its time for the next move in the progressive book . EVEN THAT MOVE wont work .
THe more we are persecuted , THE STRONGER WE WILL BECOME JIM .
Lambs are never gonna follow the progressive lie and i have and will continue to expose it all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this "sensual love" thing you're going on about. Did you just learn a new word?

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."

To love is to "feel deep affection for someone". "Sensual" is "relating to or involving gratification of the senses and physical, especially sexual, pleasure."

Writing "THEY HAD TO FIND OUT what THEY ALL HAD IN COMMON . COMMON GROUND IF YA WILL . THEY had to break down the barriers , AKA remove the core fundamental truths .
AND REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING that ALL HAVE IN COMMON . A SENSUAL VERSION OF WHAT THE WORLD THINKS IS LOVE . THEY DID IT and our churches , even our churches have been buying this strategy for years" is absolutely madness!

Your favorite targets, Islam and Buddhism, teach just the opposite, so which religions are you referring to that teach "sensual love"?
This sensual love that i have been speaking out against IS THE LOVE COMING FROM THE WORLD
UNDER the GUISE ITS COMING FROM GOD . You done bought it jim .
And others are being reminded about it . AND YOU can BET as long as i got breath
i will continue to do so . The progressives cannot sway the lambs .
And more and more are waking up to the lies jim . Plenty more reminders are coming too jim .
Run to congress , run , the progressives better hurry and make the next move
Truth is , its already being made . Persecutions dont scare me jim
I am gonna warn against the social progressive lies of its false love no matter the cost jim .
THE LAMBS WIN , no matter what happens to us in this world . CAUSE JESUS already won .
OUR END IS GOOD jim . Not good for those , however , who opposed the biblical GOD , HIS CHRIST
the doctrine of the apostels . SO I SUGGEST you learn that and flee the progressive movment and fast .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're actually contradicting yourself. "... but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" Those are spoken words, not written.
Progressives at work . WHEN are you gonna learn JIM
that Whatever word GOD SPEAKS DONT CONTRADICT what HE INSPIRED .
GOD SPOKE through the prophets , and men wrote it down JIM .
HIS words that HE speaks today , WONT CONTRADICT the WORDS of CHRIST
NONE OF HIS WORDS JIM . EVEN THE WORDS that REBUKED and CORRECTED folks .
HIS WORDS wont contradict the words of paul or james , jude or peter , john either .
PROGRESSIVES LOVE TO TWIST SCRIPS to attain and to support their own carnal mindset .
BUT have forgotten they do twist them unto their own destruction .
You been following MEN JIM . You cling to your carnal wisdom as though it cometh of GOD .
I FLED MINE JIM . YOU NEED TO DO THE SAME and learn CHRIST FOR YOURSELF
and not the version of christ the progressives been preaching n teaching
nor their version of love . IT AINT COMING FROM GOD JIM .
I will continue to pray for you jim . But i am warning and reminding you and all
DO NOT FOLLOW PROGRESSIVE TEACHINGS any longer . THEY CANNOT HELP YOU
they cannot draw you closer to GOD , ONLY father away .AND THEY SURE cannot save one soul .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You already exposed yourself jim . You dont care at all about the truth .
You done ran out of gas and steam . and others are seeing it jim .
You need to run to congress and Start getting the laws passed you need , to get rid of folks like me
before many start waking up and resisting the lie of the progressive movement .
You must do what you must do . But folks are beginning to truly see
exactly what the heck has been going on for so long .
AND I AM GONNA ONLY STIR THEM ALL UP MORE and MORE AND MORE and MORE JIM .
SO , its time for the next move in the progressive book . EVEN THAT MOVE wont work .
THe more we are persecuted , THE STRONGER WE WILL BECOME JIM .
Lambs are never gonna follow the progressive lie and i have and will continue to expose it all .
I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating...

What I have written I have written.

Read the tone of your post. Is it an expression of love or hate?

I was an elder in my church and was admired by everyone until I retired. Unlike yourself, I know how to love others as myself. Clearly you do not.

Your flawed politics are painfully apparent in this second rant. IMHO you are really "losing it".

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sensual love that i have been speaking out against IS THE LOVE COMING FROM THE WORLD
UNDER the GUISE ITS COMING FROM GOD . You done bought it jim .
And others are being reminded about it . AND YOU can BET as long as i got breath
i will continue to do so . The progressives cannot sway the lambs .
And more and more are waking up to the lies jim . Plenty more reminders are coming too jim .
Run to congress , run , the progressives better hurry and make the next move
Truth is , its already being made . Persecutions dont scare me jim
I am gonna warn against the social progressive lies of its false love no matter the cost jim .
THE LAMBS WIN , no matter what happens to us in this world . CAUSE JESUS already won .
OUR END IS GOOD jim . Not good for those , however , who opposed the biblical GOD , HIS CHRIST
the doctrine of the apostels . SO I SUGGEST you learn that and flee the progressive movment and fast .
I'm actually getting a good laugh out of this one. Thanks!

BTW, Jesus was a progressive or "liberal" in His time. Look how He stood up to the conservative Pharisees and Sadducees! They wanted to kill Him for what He said. Sound familiar?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Progressives at work . WHEN are you gonna learn JIM
that Whatever word GOD SPEAKS DONT CONTRADICT what HE INSPIRED .
GOD SPOKE through the prophets , and men wrote it down JIM .
HIS words that HE speaks today , WONT CONTRADICT the WORDS of CHRIST
NONE OF HIS WORDS JIM . EVEN THE WORDS that REBUKED and CORRECTED folks .
HIS WORDS wont contradict the words of paul or james , jude or peter , john either .
PROGRESSIVES LOVE TO TWIST SCRIPS to attain and to support their own carnal mindset .
BUT have forgotten they do twist them unto their own destruction .
You been following MEN JIM . You cling to your carnal wisdom as though it cometh of GOD .
I FLED MINE JIM . YOU NEED TO DO THE SAME and learn CHRIST FOR YOURSELF
and not the version of christ the progressives been preaching n teaching
nor their version of love . IT AINT COMING FROM GOD JIM .
I will continue to pray for you jim . But i am warning and reminding you and all
DO NOT FOLLOW PROGRESSIVE TEACHINGS any longer . THEY CANNOT HELP YOU
they cannot draw you closer to GOD , ONLY father away .AND THEY SURE cannot save one soul .
I'm curious... why have you suddenly swerved from your usual rant about Muslims, Hindus, etc. and now are attacking political progressives?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BTW, Jesus was a progressive or "liberal" in His time. Look how He stood up to the conservative Pharisees and Sadducees!
You realize surely, that the same finger that wrote the Ten commandments belonged to the same hand that was nailed to the cross to pay the ransom for those who transgressed the Ten Commandments. What was wrong with the Ten Commandments that you feel they needed to be changed?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is there something wrong with a day "which heals our relationships with God, with ourselves, with others, and with the world"? Isn't that the reason that God sent His son?
You know who you are quoting right? Would you quote Jereboam as the source of truth regarding religious practise? Would you quote Cain regarding what pleases God? Was there anything wrong with the sacrifices of Saul when impatient for the arrival of Samuel?

Reactions: BarneyFife

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is there something wrong with a day "which heals our relationships with God, with ourselves, with others, and with the world"? Isn't that the reason that God sent His son?
On the other hand, he is right...a day for healing of relationships with God and man is brilliant. In fact, that's the purpose of the true Sabbath. Sad that the majority of Christians exalt a counterfeit day that is neither blessed nor sanctified for that purpose. Just like the fruit of the ground that Cain offered.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're actually contradicting yourself. "... but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" Those are spoken words, not written.
Like the words of Jesus? Certainly we could rely on His spoken words right? I guess that's why they were written down. Because they were reliably trustworthy. Always worth writing down stuff that's worth remembering. Even the words that were about Jesus, were written down.
KJV Hebrews 10:7
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Now, read through the rest of the passage of which the above quote is a part, and ask yourself, what law was changed/replaced, and why?

KJV Hebrews 10:8-18
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious... why have you suddenly swerved from your usual rant about Muslims, Hindus, etc. and now are attacking political progressives?
Oh i thought to you all ever did was go after homosexauls . SEE JIM , I TOLD you i correct ALL ERROR . not just some .
ALL .
BUT , this is a very good question you did ask me .
The reason i been going after the progressive movement , is cause they the ones behind this social one religion
that is merging chrisanity with a lie . You know the lie
The muslims and other religions serve the same GOD we do . THAT LIE .
You need to take the time to please read the longer posts i put on other posts about what has been going on
within the religoins of the world for quite some time now .
In order to get the support of the world , they knew they had to also have the support of the religoins .
SO , they had to find A COMMON GROUND between ALL RELIGOINS and even athiets .
THEY DID JIM . and they been selling to christendom and the secular and the other false religions .
IF i wanted to take over the world jim . YOU DO realize i have to have its support RIGHT .
at least the majority of its support .
ITS NOT Like i can stand up today and say HEY I AM GONNA TAKE OVER AND YOU ALL NEED TO BOW TO ME .
NOPE .
Rather i would come in and find out what religoins and humanity had in common .
I would infiltrate all the religions , the secular too with what THEY HAD IN COMMON JIM .
COMMON GROUND . does that ring any bells .
Now in order for me to get the religoins united under me as well as the athiest
I gotta preach n teach something THEY ALL HAVE IN COMMON .
What do all religions have in common jim . From budda to muhammes muslims
to the jews , to christains , to hindus and etc . THEY ALL PREACH do good to humanity , do good works , love your neighbor .
YEAH .
NOW even atheiest believe in doing good to humanity and to love .
SO THAT IS WHAT I WOULD FOCUS ON . But take note that all the religoins as well as atheism
ARE OF THE WORLD . thus my version of love would have to be a love the world sees as good .
LEARNING YET JIM .
CAUSE THIS IS WHAT THEY DID .
I Would have to push this idea of love , love love and do good works to them
ALL the while i would have to breaking down and removing their fundamental core beleifs .
CAUSE again every religon has FUNDMENTAL CORE BELIEFS . ONLY THOSE BELIEFS , DONT AGREE WITH EACH OTHERS
religion . SO THEY GOTTA GO .
SO this is what THEY DID JIM . they removed FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS MORE and more .
BY doing things like , BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS , BREAKING DOWN WALLS , aka , DOCTRINES THAT DIVIDED US
THEY WERE SLICK JIM .
AND more and more they kept talking about HOW GOD IS LOVE , they did this in every religion .
And all the while it was the version of what tHE WORLD sees as love .
SEE THIER MISSION WAS and IS THIS . TO CREATE A MINDSET that EVERY RELIGOIN AND PERSON
can agree upon . THEY DID IT JIM . THIS IS WHY they removed even from within christanity ITS FUNDAMENTAL BELIEFS
and all the while kept up repeating the same line , GOD IS LOVE and they made it seem
like doctrinal differences kept us divided . THE PLAN WAS TO REMOVE ANYTHING from the religoins
that kept them divided . AND TO FOCUS ON WHAT UNITES US

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh i thought to you all ever did was go after homosexauls . SEE JIM , I TOLD you i correct ALL ERROR . not just some .
ALL .
The reason i been going after the progressive movement , is cause they the ones behind this social one religion
You need to take the time to please read the longer posts i put on other posts about what has been going on
In order to get the support of the world , they knew they had to also have the support of the religoins .
THEY DID JIM . and they been selling to christendom and the secular and the other false religions .
IF i wanted to take over the world jim . YOU DO realize i have to have its support RIGHT .
ITS NOT Like i can stand up today and say HEY I AM GONNA TAKE OVER AND YOU ALL NEED TO BOW TO ME .
NOPE .
I would infiltrate all the religions , the secular too with what THEY HAD IN COMMON JIM .
to the jews , to christains , to hindus and etc . THEY ALL PREACH do good to humanity , do good works , love your neighbor .
YEAH .
SO THAT IS WHAT I WOULD FOCUS ON . But take note that all the religoins as well as atheism
ARE OF THE WORLD . thus my version of love would have to be a love the world sees as good .
LEARNING YET JIM .
ALL the while i would have to breaking down and removing their fundamental core beleifs .
CAUSE again every religon has FUNDMENTAL CORE BELIEFS . ONLY THOSE BELIEFS , DONT AGREE WITH EACH OTHERS
BY doing things like , BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS , BREAKING DOWN WALLS , aka , DOCTRINES THAT DIVIDED US
THEY WERE SLICK JIM .
AND more and more they kept talking about HOW GOD IS LOVE , they did this in every religion .
SEE THIER MISSION WAS and IS THIS . TO CREATE A MINDSET that EVERY RELIGOIN AND PERSON
can agree upon . THEY DID IT JIM . THIS IS WHY they removed even from within christanity ITS FUNDAMENTAL BELIEFS
and all the while kept up repeating the same line , GOD IS LOVE and they made it seem
like doctrinal differences kept us divided . THE PLAN WAS TO REMOVE ANYTHING from the religoins
I have absolutely no idea what this means: "Oh i thought to you all ever did was go after homosexauls ."

Nor this: "SO , they had to find A COMMON GROUND between ALL RELIGOINS and even athiets" What is a religoin and or an athiet?

Nor do I understand what budda, muhammes muslims, atheiest, or christain means.

"AND more and more they kept talking about HOW GOD IS LOVE , they did this in every religion", and THEY WERE/ARE RIGHT!

And it's obvious that you don't accept these Scriptural truths...

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life." John 3:16

"Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:7-8

And "and all the while kept up repeating the same line , GOD IS LOVE and they made it seem
like doctrinal differences kept us divided" AND THEY WERE TOTALLY RIGHT!!!

GOD IS LOVE AND DOCTRINAL DIFFERENCES ARE WHAT KEEP US DIVIDED!!!

Are you finally beginning to understand the truth? I certainly hope so!

I repeat...

"Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:7-8

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See @amigo, what you fundamentally don't understand is this: it's NOT religion, it's LOVE!

Do you know who was extremely religious? The OT Jews. They worshipped God, had
the law given to them by God, sacrificed animals to pay for their sins, and were
religious in many other ways. But was their behavior acceptable to God? NO!!!
Why not? Because GOD IS LOVE.

Why can't you even understand John 3:16? For God so LOVED the world... And 1 John
4:7 CLEARLY states this truth: "Beloved, let us love one another, because love
is from God; EVERYONE WHO LOVES IS BORN OF GOD AND KNOWS GOD"

You need to read that over and over and over and over!
GOD IS LOVE AND EVERYONE WHO LOVES IS BORN OF GOD AND KNOWS GOD. It doesn't say "ONLY white, American, conservative, church-goers who read their Bibles every day" it says EVERYONE WHO LOVES!

You claim to be a Christian, yet you don't understand this fundamental truth! That is tragic!

You exclude everyone who (supposedly) isn't like you: liberals, homosexuals, Buddhists, Muslims, people of color, and other Christians. In other words, if they're not clones of @amigo, then they are of the devil.

You are listening to the wrong voice! You are clearly being deceived!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL .
NOPE .
YEAH .
LEARNING YET JIM .
THEY WERE SLICK JIM .
"The muslims and other religions" [Islam is the religion, muslims are the people -- duh!] do serve the same GOD we do. Allah and "Yahweh" are the same God. That is the truth.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "religoin", so why do you keep using that word?

BTW, GOD IS LOVE!!! 1 John 4:8. "Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."

Repeat after me (and John):
GOD IS LOVE!!!

It doesn't matter who says it -- Jew, Christian, atheist. Buddhist, Muslim, anyone -- God is love. He IS love! It's really sad that you don't understand that!!!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The muslims and other religions" [Islam is the religion, muslims are the people -- duh!] do serve the same GOD we do. Allah and "Yahweh" are the same God. That is the truth.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "religoin", so why do you keep using that word?

BTW, GOD IS LOVE!!! 1 John 4:8. "Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."

GOD IS LOVE!!!

It doesn't matter who says it -- Jew, Christian, atheist. Buddhist, Muslim, anyone -- God is love. He IS love! It's really sad that you don't understand that!!!
So, is the godly love that we all need the kind that inspires people to rail on others for misspelling words? Is that what those who are not clones of JimB are failing to understand?

"Duh!" Is that a greeting I might find between loving brethren in the Bible somewhere?

I'm just trying to learn how to love like God so loved the world in John 3:16, here. Isn't that what you said the love of God is like?

Help me out, Jim.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why can't you even understand John 3:16? For God so LOVED the world... And 1 John
4:7 CLEARLY states this truth: "Beloved, let us love one another, because love
is from God; EVERYONE WHO LOVES IS BORN OF GOD AND KNOWS GOD"
Correct-but no one comes to the Christ unless he/she is drawn-

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1) "No man can come to me," (oudeis dunatai elthein pros me) "No one is able to come to me," for the bread of life or the water of life, apart from God's initiative convicting and calling, Joh_16:8-11; Rev_22:17.

2) "Except the Father which hath sent me draw him,'' (ean me ho pater ho pempsas me helkuse auton) "Unless the Father who sent me should draw him," by His Word and Spirit, Rom_10:17; Even as the Spirit drew Saul of Tarsus, when pricked to the heart to cry, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?" Ac 91-6. The Father drew the Ethiopian eunuch, through the Spirit, that led Philip to preach Jesus to him from the Scriptures that he read, but could not understand, Act_8:28-35.

ἑλκύω, ἕλκω
helkuō helkō
hel-koo'-o, hel'-ko
Probably akin to G138; to drag (literally or figuratively): - draw. Compare G1667.

LXX related word(s)
H1540 galah
H1641 garar
H4871 mashah hi.
H4900 mashakh
H5047 negad
H5130 nuph hi.
H7602 shaaph
H7702 sadad pi.
H8025 shalaph

Thayer Definition:
1) to draw, drag off
2) metaphorically, to draw by inward power, lead, impel
Part of Speech: verb

And how is this "drawing?"

ἑλκύσῃ
Transliteration: helkysē
Morphology: V-ASA-3S
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's no.: G1670 (ἑλκύω)

Meaning: To drag, draw, pull, persuade, unsheathe.

We all have love FOR brother-so do unbelievers.
Johann.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

GOD IS LOVE!!!

KJV Ezekiel 33:1-16
1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.
8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
10 Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

Jim. Which passages from the above quote are inspired and motivated by love, and which ones are not motivated by love?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
See @amigo, what you fundamentally don't understand is this: it's NOT religion, it's LOVE!
Wrong again @Jim B -and it really pains me that you are relentless against a brother in Christ.

Jas_1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Jas_1:27 Pure
religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

1) The test of Christian faith is the doing of the things which Jesus taught and practiced, Mat_7:16; Mat_25:40.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Mat 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Mat 25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Mat 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Mat 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Mat 25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

brother @amigo de christo is working with the talent given to him-and my English is nowhere near yours-are you really working with the talent God has given you?

2) Pure, clean, undefiled religion along side of that God approved, is to inspect, to look upon, to visit with the idea of superintending, giving to orphans and widows who are bereft of father or mother, in the midst of their tribulations or afflictions, Joh_14:18.

3) The one who engages in this pure religion, is to keep or guard himself, unspotted, unspeckled from the present world order. 1Co_9:26-27; 2Co_6:14-17.

LET ME GIVE

I do not know how long I'll live
But while I live, Lord let me give
Some comfort to someone in need
By smile or nod - kind word or deed
And I at me do what e’er I can
To ease things for my fellow man.
I want naught but to do my part
To "lift" a tired or weary heart.
To change folks frowns to smiles again -
Then I will not have lived in vain
And I’ll not care how long I’ll live
If I can give - and give - and give.

_ 365 Sunrays

FAREWELL, VAIN WORLD

David Brainerd, under the date of April 25, 1742, wrote in his journal:
"Farewell, vain world, my soul can bid adieu; Your Saviour taught me to abandon you. Your charms may gratify a sensual mind, But cannot please a soul for God designed Forbear to entice, cease then my soul to call; 'Tis fixed through grace - my God shall be my all. While He thus lets me Heavenly glories view, Your beauties fade; my heart's no room for you."

- Gospel Herald

Shalom
Johann.

Reactions: Jn1.Chris

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Forgetting to quote this part of the same passage-
1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1) "If a man say " (Greek ean tis) "If or when a certain one says" is (hypothetical). - John asserts that when or if any person claims or affirms "lip-love", without accompanying love - deeds, or service, "watch out."

2) "I love God and hateth his brother." His claim "I love the God," accompanied by a despising attitude toward his brother, taking lightly or ignoring' responsibility toward his brother, as Cain who asked "Am I my brother's keeper", watch out; he is a fake, a fraud. The love of God begets love for His creation.

3) "He is a liar." The claimant to love, who doesn't hold and show it, is a liar. His nature is that of the Devil. His spiritual "identification-station" is Joh_8:44; 1Jn_2:4-5.

4) "For he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen," If one claims to love God whom he has never seen, yet does not love, or holds in despising, his brother whom he has seen, the necessary inference is that his claim is empty, invalid, and false. The principle of "everything after his kind" prevails in the spiritual as well as physical world.

5) "How can he love God whom he hath not seen?" Rhetorically, John simply asserts he can not, it is not possible for him to love God. His claim is counterfeit. He is a deceiver. John began this chapter admonishing "try or test the spirits." He then sets forth the method of testing false teachers, prophets, and laymen by the fruits of a love life that follows Jesus. Gal_5:25.

1Jn 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

2) "That he who loveth God love his brother also." (Greek hina) means "in order that" (Greek ho agapon ton theon) the one loving the God (agapa) should love (or loves) (Greek kai (also) ton adelphon autou) the brother of him or his brother. Genuine, Divine love, manifested in love's service and fellowship of believers toward each other validates to the world true discipleship, Joh_13:34-35. To neglect to cultivate this fellowship causes a cloud, a mist, a fog of doubt to overshadow the life of the professor, and men to question his integrity. 1Jn_3:17.

See here @Jim B? Why are you questioning @amigo de christo's integrity-and detest his writing style and the way and manner in expressing himself? He has a love for God and Christ Jesus-same as you.

μισέω
miseö
mis-eh'-o
From a primary word μῖσος misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less: - hate (-ful).

LXX related word(s)
H2194 zaam
H3988 maas qal,ni
H6887 tsarar
H6965 qum
H7602 shaaph
H8130 sane qal,ni,pi

Thayer Definition:
1) to hate, pursue with hatred, detest
2) to be hated, detested
Part of Speech: verb

Shalom