Why did God love and forgive David so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It takes a while does it not...to finally see that 'out there'...we will never ever encounter peace, goodness, etc whatever state our heart is in..the kingdom is within....without is only unrest and disillusionment, and the false... We first encounter peace within...as each does this..then the whole will also come into peace....
Amen, sister! Lots of things going on all around us. We can do very little toward improving all of that, but what is happening inside of me I can certainly do something about. Has God not provided us with the means?

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eze 22:26 Her priests have done violence to my law, and have profaned my holy things: they have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they caused men to discern between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Eze 44:23 And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the common, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.
God gave them only baby steps so that some would hopefully begin to see the real difference between the clean and the unclean. The baby steps were in a carnal vision [milk] but what was ultimately needed was the spiritual vision [meat] which dealt with more important things than which animals to eat or not. Peter did not really see what he was supposed to see in this until Acts chapter 10.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We can do very little toward improving all of that
ha so you might think, but i say that you are a spirit-manifesting-machine, custom made for exactly that; that is why "yea though i walk through the valley," and you cannot find any yea though i walk on top of the mountain, see

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo it is usually our preconceptions that do that, for instance you got "Holy Spirit as Prosecuting Attorney" from someone lol
Does the Holy Spirit serve only as prosecutor? A prosecutor does seek the truth, but his focus is on establish a case against the defendant. The Holy Spirit is working it both ways like a two edged sword. It trims the error and/or sin and/or sinful ways. He will work both for and against the defendant, as both the Prosecuting and Defending Attorney. The result product should be a person steeped in God's truth. The trouble is that people regularly quench the Holy Spirit in them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Does the Holy Spirit serve only as prosecutor?
Does It serve as prosecutor at all, though. Got a quote?
A prosecutor does seek the truth,
this is also an illusion, pretty sure a prosecutor will directly state otherwise, simply out of the necessity of admitting the truth, that being that they are constrained to seek the facts wadr

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He will work both for and against the defendant, as both the Prosecuting and Defending Attorney.
i get the perspective, but wadr it is a very childish one, imo, that i don't think you could justify very well. Or at least let's say that this is a very Hegelian perspective, and better perspectives are available. Obviously if you are already forgiven of all your sins, no prosecutor will even be called see. God did not accuse Adam of squat, ever. Those are always stated as questions specifically for this reason, see.

post your arg and we'll see, but imo no quotes will be able to take you this far all by themselves

imo

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha so you might think, but i say that you are a spirit-manifesting-machine, custom made for exactly that; that is why "yea though i walk through the valley," and you cannot find any yea though i walk on top of the mountain, see
When I said a person could do little against those on the outside, I certainly did not mean nothing.

Usually on an individual basis when the door to a person's heart is open and we have something besides "silver and gold" to offer we can be helpful. Some people given a special gift from God may be able to do more, but it's like Caleb and Joshua against the 10 other spies. Or consider also...

"Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD." Ezek 14:13-14

There is a limit to what even a righteous man can do against overwhelming opposition.

Remember that the agents of his opposition said with regard to Jesus, "man never spake like this man", the power of that opposition was not to be stopped even by the Word of God. They, of course, did not realize what God's will in the matter really was.

What could even Jesus sent by God do change the hearts of those who had already made up their minds. This is an example of the "free will" that God gave to men. They had the authority to decide to be for God or against Him. How well did they understanding what having that authority meant. How well do we understand it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009
Amadeus said: Does the Holy Spirit serve only as prosecutor?
bbyrd009 said: Does It serve as prosecutor at all, though. Got a quote?
Of course you caught me on that. The Holy Spirit will sift through things for us if we allow it. If we don't then we simply lose whatever Life we may have gained. Is this the second death?

The Holy Spirit does use the scriptures we have read or heard to accomplish God's purpose for a person. Again this is if we allow it. This is not as you say the work of a prosecutor or a defending attorney, is it? It might be closer to the role of a rehabilitation worker.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i get the perspective, but wadr it is a very childish one, imo, that i don't think you could justify very well. Or at least let's say that this is a very Hegelian perspective, and better perspectives are available. Obviously if you are already forgiven of all your sins, no prosecutor will even be called see. God did not accuse Adam of squat, ever. Those are always stated as questions specifically for this reason, see.

post your arg and we'll see, but imo no quotes will be able to take you this far all by themselves

imo
I admit defeat. I engaged my mouth without proper consideration.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They, of course, did not realize what God's will in the matter really was.
at the time, yes, but their perceptions are only marked at that moment in time, see; we are not privy to later, after they were broken, etc
What could even Jesus sent by God do change the hearts of those who had already made up their minds.
plant a seed?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD." Ezek 14:13-14

There is a limit to what even a righteous man can do against overwhelming opposition.
hmm, i actually read that as them coming through unscathed against overwhelming opposition, pls define this limit you perceive?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If we don't then we simply lose whatever Life we may have gained. Is this the second death?
prolly a fax of it, ya, but imo this is a necessary step on the way to falling to the ground; at least for many believers who continue on the path. This might even be characterized by a believer who has had enough law and is no longer...satisfied by it, is waking up iow, and just getting a first look at the mountain, with still sleepy eyes (still perceiving the apparent, iow)
the first Q this one asks, in my experience, is "Well, but how do i get my first love back?" essentially, @VictoryinJesus
or "with the appearance of all of this, how might i possibly go forward?"

the answer being identify and rediscover the First Love, and then the appearances...will clarify as the apparitions, see. the appearances are not going to change any; the eye will. Iow why isn't your dog freaking out about World Events? Bc your dog is not in the world, you are, see. What i have maybe kinda been avoiding saying is that all that stuff you are currently worried for, your house, retirement, etc, you are going to lose all those on this path, ok, you cannot do both, you have to pick one i guess. And you are going to confess which one you have picked, every day of your life, you couldn't hide it if you tried, not even by communicating once removed, where your breath cannot be heard, like here, still comes through loud and clear lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha well i wouldn't say that, but just that perceiving the Spirit as a DA is highly reminiscent of an adolescent's relationship with their parents, at a certain stage.

Certainly the Spirit convicts, as well, but that brings up a great point i'd like to illuminate; what is conviction? See that it all depends upon the response:

"I hope you get what you deserve, Amadeus."

can be perceived at least two diff ways, see
conviction as blessing, there

"Who told you that you were naked?"
(What the heck are you even talking about?)
no conviction, except the perceived one,
that is nonetheless not perceived, see-
-or hardly perceived at all anyway, not at all by Adam, at the time anyway, well surely perceived up the wazoo, but not acknowledged, confessed-

-and only barely and with much difficulty and disagreement by us, in hindsight
like, what, 4 of us, maybe; no more :/

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so anyway, i still get convicted by the Spirit, all the time, and i still perceive the Spirit as DA, sometimes, too, lol, but i am seeing that that is like being woeful at trials rather than joyful, which let's admit that is a toughy IRL. I have to verbally say thank you to even remind myself, a little trick that was suggested to me that seems to be helping a lot, ig uess.

Take a minute and say thank you, before diving in imo, changes your whole perspective

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does It serve as prosecutor at all, though. Got a quote?

John 16:7-8 " Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment"

What about this one?

You often use- " Who told you that you were naked?"
True, the Enemy is the "accuser of the brethren"...that is his job, he does it well. But only Truth can be a Prosecutor.
Truth is the Prosecution and He is also the one who stands in the Dock in our stead. The Beginning and End!!

"For when God made promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no greater, he sware by Himself."
Before creation He already had the antidote for the sickness of sin.= Himself. He shows us our problem, and He provides Himself as the answer to it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
at the time, yes, but their perceptions are only marked at that moment in time, see; we are not privy to later, after they were broken, etc
plant a seed?
Yes some seed was planted, but remember the parable of the sower sowing into different kinds of ground? Not every seed planted yielded anything and those that did had different results [30, 60 or 100 fold].

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, i actually read that as them coming through unscathed against overwhelming opposition, pls define this limit you perceive?
Their efforts saved only themselves. Our surrender to God may save us, but how much can we do for the next guy who refuses to listen and/or to open his heart to receive what God has given us to share with others? Sometimes people are receptive but sometimes we have to leave shaking the dust off our feet as we go.

The limit is always this "free will" that some people are so pleased to possess. That is what a person has to give up in order to please God. We hold our own reins, but we must repeatedly hand those reins over to Him if we are going to make it to the end with Him.