Why did God love and forgive David so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
do not really understand how very evil they have become since the first man sinned.
yes, we are all swimming in a sea of "sin," attacked in every quarter, and often active participants in the attack. It is just what we call "normal."
David still never understood that it was supposed to be one man for one woman.
oh, i guess he understood it alright lol. but i get you
David had wives and was never rebuked.
hmm. Not rebuked ezackly, but them wives came back to bite him nonetheless huh
Adam who had Eve according scripture had only one spouse. What happened to David and Solomon and so many others?
Law. Law is what happened, imo
What is it that you have or that I have that is still offensive to God's perfect Way?
ha prolly better to ask what we don't have there i guess, and proceed from there
How much mercy has He shown?
no kidding; without the fence how much more suffering would we actually experience?
we would be as able to live as a newborn without a caretaker imo

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It doesn't matter if what is opposed to Him is moral or immoral, good or bad, that it opposes God is evil.
hmm, can you make a case for a moral position being against God?
And God hates it.
like a parent hates a dirty diaper, prolly
So, as I have indicated before, it is who one is of, God or satan, that determines if God's love or hate is directed.
well, you are still two men in a bed i notice, and God still loves you. So i would seek...more profitable interps for that last bit imo, not that that one is useless or anything...just...can't help but recall the pov of an adolescent just denied some activity by one of their parents lol
And satan knows.
the dead know nothing, imo
Those who are of satans seed, will naturally hate God and God hates them.
coughcoughbscough

you cannot support this pov imo
you hate them, i guess, and fwiw i would not deny that, but...go into it, embrace it, and see why, to see why, to overcome it.
It is all about, who are you of? The Christian is of God. Those who reject Jesus Christ are not of God.
amen, and talk is cheap :)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I do believe that God hates the evil and if a man has no redeemable thing within him, will he not then be hated of God? What that means exactly is hard, if not impossible, for man to understand. How can a God that is Love hate? People hate, but it is not the same as God hating. Who can explain God so well as to be able to say it in man's language? And even if someone could, how many believers could or would understand or accept what he said?
man, if "Who told you that you were naked?" does not do it, then i guess even someone risen from the dead could not i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It may be hard to what is usually taught.
c'mon bro, i can get that from the evening news though. You and i struggle with each other bc you went legal, and i went lawless ok, but it will serve you best to not deny this at least. You are forgiven anyway, see, when you forgive. And you are forgiven anyway, but never mind that part for now
But then look at the church today as a result of what is usually taught.
imo you rep the church pov, seems to me--"God is very angry at us, Job is an example of bad things happening to good ppl, and the only way to be present with the Lord is to be absent from the body."
sheesh, wonder why ViJ is depressed lol
Nausea.

Stranger
hmm, vomit yesterday, and nausea today, ok

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I see of course what you mean with the "church". They teach people to quench the Holy Spirit although they may not even realize that that is what they are teaching.
of course he refers to the church across the street, not his church. But both can only teach Law imo, what they are meant to do

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My point was not that polygamy was not allowed under man's law. It certainly was. Even the law God gave to Moses did not forbid it
ha, what we loosed on earth was loosed in heaven?

funny we got back to the correct pov despite God "allowing" polygamy huh
Not a very big boat is required, is it?
nah, earth should do fine :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He doesn't love those who are not His.
if only you could support this pov, huh,
you would then be validated.
sorry bout your luck there bro
But there are those who are not His, who reject Christ now and will never come to Him. God does not love them.
if you dig a pit for someone, you end up in it yourself

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Anyone can quote away any verse saying this is not so, it will not change this truth.
except for them, amen.
I don't need any scripture from any religion, Hindu, Islam, Judeo-Christian, Buddhist to
know this
they all agree anyway, in this regard. Bible included
it is just "hidden from the wise" (logical thinker, imo)

Last edited:

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, I give you Scripture to prove what I am saying. You don't need Scripture to disprove what I am saying. Yet you say it is I that is just giving my opinion?

Reread what I have said. My point is that God loves those Who are His. He doesn't love those who are not His. And God knows those who are His from the very beginning. One may be an unbeliever at this time but will come to Christ later. God knows them now and loves them now even though they have yet to come to Christ. But there are those who are not His, who reject Christ now and will never come to Him. God does not love them.

Thus God loves David. Why, because he still had some good in him? No. Because David is one of Gods.

Stranger
Now you are directly lying and hiding the truth from the whole community, Stop it. I asked you for scripture telling us where God hates as YOU said. where are they? Either you have them and can back up what YOU claim or you dont and cant . Back to you. Stop misleading people and tell the truth BYGrace has stuck up for you a few times now. Though for the life of me I can not see why she would. Fair play to her though.

I dont need to reread anything I know what you said and I asked for scripture and we are still waiting for it. Because we are still waiting I never read the reat of you post. No point going on to something else like you want to. Stop running away on to something else. You do it all the time. If you dont have scripture just say so. You dont need to say sorry. You do need to tell the truth and stop telling people God is waiting to smack everyone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, we are all swimming in a sea of "sin," attacked in every quarter, and often active participants in the attack. It is just what we call "normal."
Yes, normal is the unbeliever and... the believer. Is there no problem with this?

Law. Law is what happened, imo
The people following Moses had a literal black and white law and they failed miserably. Today people [believers?] are building or have built a literal black and white law. Why would they suppose they would not also fail?

no kidding; without the fence how much more suffering would we actually experience?
we would be as able to live as a newborn without a caretaker imo

"Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face." Job 1:10-11

Of course we all doing as well as Job did, right? None of us are literally or otherwise cursing God, right?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thus God loves David. Why, because he still had some good in him? No. Because David is one of Gods.
That is the biggest load of tripe I ever seen you say. and that would take some beating. This is another thing you have no understanding or scripture for. "God loved David cause there was some good in him." No. Nothing like it. God loved David from the beginning and loved us from before the world was made. And that includes David from the begining. Nothing to do with a little good in him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course he refers to the church across the street, not his church. But both can only teach Law imo, what they are meant to do
But, of course... my church never teaches anyone to quench the Spirit and follow the law. All the rest do! Help us Lord!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are directly lying and hiding the truth from the whole community, Stop it. I asked you for scripture telling us where God hates as YOU said. where are they? Either you have them and can back up what YOU claim or you dont and cant . Back to you. Stop misleading people and tell the truth BYGrace has stuck up for you a few times now. Though for the life of me I can not see why she would. Fair play to her though.

I dont need to reread anything I know what you said and I asked for scripture and we are still waiting for it. Because we are still waiting I never read the reat of you post. No point going on to something else like you want to. Stop running away on to something else. You do it all the time. If you dont have scripture just say so. You dont need to say sorry. You do need to tell the truth and stop telling people God is waiting to smack everyone.

There is this verse here:

(Psalms 5:3-6) "My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. {4} For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. {5} The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. {6} Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."

Its easy to ignore such versus because of ones own preconceived notions of the kind of love they believe God has for his creation. One cannot claim that God simply hates the sin and loves the sinner in light of versus like this. He loved the world enough to offer up his only son as a sacrifice for its iniquity, because he, knowing the future, knew the world was condemned from the get go, but his love, that one would call "unconditional" stops there. The buck pretty much ends with Jesus Christ as far as the nature and extent of his love is concerned.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The people following Moses had a literal black and white law and they failed miserably. Today people [believers?] are building or have built a literal black and white law. Why would they suppose they would not also fail?
yes; we are lulled into believing that we operate under the NT, when we should be putting ourselves in Malachi imo

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, you do need to reread as you are not paying attention. See posts # 41, 46, 79, 99, and 117. I have backed up what I have said. You haven't offered anything to the contrary other than your dislike.

Stranger