Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some who think the second coming has already occurred. And we are now living in the tribulation years that last according to God's timeline,not our Gregorian calendar.

I think that would explain how the world has fallen exponentially since the ascension.
All still live in a fallen world which Yahava loved and has reconciled the world back to himself. Yes darkness still exist and within us rightly, and darkness that can come from the world. There is no darkness in the one whom covered all sins. Nor the one whom has reconciled the world back unto himself through Christ.

2 Corinthians 5: 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Amazing!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All still live in a fallen world which Yahava loved and has reconciled the world back to himself. Yes darkness still exist and within us rightly, and darkness that can come from the world. There is no darkness in the one whom covered all sins. Nor the one whom has reconciled the world back unto himself through Christ.

2 Corinthians 5: 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Amazing!
If the world was reconciled,why is there still evil in the world after reconciliation?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesnt mean that darkness stopped existing. Just means God has restored the world back the Garden state. Choose what you want to eat. Partake of the tree of life or the knowlege of good and evil. That choice is up to you. You can read about this in revelation 21-22. When all things become new (dealing with the spiritual), and the old primary age of material religion is done away with.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the world was reconciled,why is there still evil in the world after reconciliation?

Doesnt mean that darkness stopped existing. Just means God has restored the world back the Garden state. Choose what you want to eat. Partake of the tree of life or the knowlege of good and evil. That choice is up to you.
How was there a choice in the beginning? When Adam and Eve were innocent of that knowledge of good and evil?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made human beings with freewill. Adam and eve could have went to God during the times they had an encounter or when they though of something ask him. Its funny to see Adam blame God for giving him a wife, and that it was his fault because Adam made the choice to eat.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and eve could gave asked God; how do we procreate, or Eve could have asked God about the seprent… there is many possibilities in the contrast of the first humans who had free connection with God which has been established today.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and eve both knew they were in the wrong once they disobeyed God they hid themselves from him. A reaction to a choice that was made.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made human beings with freewill. Adam and eve could have went to God during the times they had an encounter or when they though of something ask him. Its funny to see Adam blame God for giving him a wife, and that it was his fault because Adam made the choice to eat.
Adam laid blame after eating. When he was then imbued with awareness, conscious awareness, of right and wrong.
Which is the platform from which a conscious decision is arrived.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! Either way, it doesnt stop what Yahava has done because of the faith of his Son. Praise be to them.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?"

Better question: Why do a lot of Bible haters deny His future return? What are they SCARED of?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

Because it is False.

What became Available 2,000 + years ago, was the Spirit of God, to come and Dwell (unseen) WITHIN Men.

What shall OCCUR, is Tribulations FROM Heaven UPON the Earth.
1) Tribulations of the 7 Seals, UPON the Earth, effected BY Lamb of God.
2) Tribulations of the 7 Trumps, UPON the Earth, effect BY Satan.

THEN: AFTER the tribulation of THOSE DAYS….The Son of Man shall appear and be SEEN BY ALL sitting on a White Cloud

Rev 14:
[14] And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Matt 24:
[29] Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Think about it…

Everything that happens when the 7 seals are opened HAS HAPPENED? No.

Everything that happens when the 7 trumps are blown HAS HAPPENED? No.

The Son of Man HAS been SEEN by ALL EYES sitting on a white cloud? No.

The Son of Man HAS REAPED the Earth, Separating FROM Him the evil and wicked?
No.

The Son of Man HAS set foot AGAIN ON Earth? No.

You think ALL of these things HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED?….and NOT ONE Person, ONE newspaper, ONE tv/radio broadcast, ONE government….NOTICED and are talking about it?

Two buildings fall down and the NEWS splashes every paper, every tv/radio outlet in the world….but NO mention of 14 events of the seals, the trumps, and then men SEEING the Son of Man Sitting on a white cloud?

Those things have NOT YET HAPPENED, and answers your question of WHY Don’t men believe they HAVE HAPPENED.

When it does HAPPEN, it will be the FIRST TIME in 2,000+ years that EVERY eye SHALL SEE HIM.
(Every EYE IN Heaven, EVERY EYE ON the Earth, Every EYE IN the Earth)

Rev 1:
[7] Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

IF the WHOLE world HAS NOT SEEN HIM…
It ain’t happened……YET.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know why people seek to see Jesus come and destroy this earth. Its just odd to me. If He destorys this earth then no one will be left to enter the kingdom which is said to never stop having increase.
He will not destroy the earth, not until after the MK is over. Then, the second death comes, when Hades, all who are in Hades, death itself are thrown into the Lake Of Fire, which I see as this final destructive event. We see the first heavens ( our atmosphere, sun, moon, stars, and all the universe) and the first earth pass away in a fervent heat ( 2 Peter 3:10) and the New Jerusalem come down, a new heavenly earth with no separation.
You need to take Revelation 20 and 21, literally. All former things will pass away and He will make all things new.
Believe it ... or not.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will not destroy the earth, not until after the MK is over. Then, the second death comes, when Hades, all who are in Hades, death itself are thrown into the Lake Of Fire, which I see as this final destructive event. We see the first heavens ( our atmosphere, sun, moon, stars, and all the universe) and the first earth pass away in a fervent heat ( 2 Peter 3:10) and the New Jerusalem come down, a new heavenly earth with no separation.
You need to take Revelation 20 and 21, literally. All former things will pass away and He will make all things new.
Believe it ... or not.
Yahava had part of the earth destroyed in Ad70, it was the Jews heaven and earth. Everything they had burned down to the ground, even the second temple. I believe during these happenings Jesus did come back and grab his bride. I do not believe in a literal 1000 years.... 1 day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like 1 day. Jesus said he was coming soon and if you are going to take the whole message at hand, it was literally written to the seven churches in Asia minor and no one in America plays a role in this today, which was to be seen by a generation that would not pass away until it was seen.

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Today, Yahava and by and through his Son have made all things new. The old material way things were done are done away with, and now people become part of the heavenly kingdom by and through faith, being adopted through looking towards the Lord Yeshua.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahava had part of the earth destroyed in Ad70, it was the Jews heaven and earth. Everything they had burned down to the ground, even the second temple. I believe during these happenings Jesus did come back and grab his bride. I do not believe in a literal 1000 years.... 1 day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like 1 day. Jesus said he was coming soon and if you are going to take the whole message at hand, it was literally written to the seven churches in Asia minor and no one in America plays a role in this today, which was to be seen by a generation that would not pass away until it was seen.

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Today, Yahava and by and through his Son have made all things new. The old material way things were done are done away with, and now people become part of the heavenly kingdom by and through faith, being adopted through looking towards the Lord Yeshua.
JERUSALEM in 70AD was destroyed. Maybe 1 million Jews killed, the rest scattered. This was small change compared to the Great Tribulation which then tire world will suffer. Billions will die, the entire world will be cleansed.

Until then, we just occupy until He comes. That means to love God and love others, but He also wants us to work - which means that boys and girls grow up, get educated to prepare themselves for a job, independence, supporting themselves instead of milking and draining their parents and society as they sit home _ for hours on end _ on their computers _ being unproductive, while making excuses not to work. Sorry for my rant, off topic but so needed. Do you agree at least with that?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JERUSALEM in 70AD was destroyed. Maybe 1 million Jews killed, the rest scattered. This was small change compared to the Great Tribulation which then tire world will suffer. Billions will die, the entire world will be cleansed.

Until then, we just occupy until He comes. That means to love God and love others, but He also wants us to work - which means that boys and girls grow up, get educated to prepare themselves for a job, independence, supporting themselves instead of milking and draining their parents and society as they sit home _ for hours on end _ on their computers _ being unproductive, while making excuses not to work. Sorry for my rant, off topic but so needed. Do you agree at least with that?

All that we are waiting for then is death, ultimately. May you continue to serve Yahava with joy. You can believe whatever you would like to concerning what is on your heart. I still love you too. I believe there is no great tribulation that anyone is going to experience other than the gnawing notion of death that is coming for each and everyone us on some given time and day, that no one knows.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that we are waiting for then is death, ultimately. May you continue to serve Yahava with joy. You can believe whatever you would like to concerning what is on your heart. I still love you too. I believe there is no great tribulation that anyone is going to experience other than the gnawing notion of death that is coming for each and everyone us on some given time and day, that no one knows.
>>You ignored the second paragraph, did that strike a chord?<<<
It's off topic but important. Why? It may have some relative connection with why the youth in this generation adopt Universalism?
A major influence of this movement can begin with an "Ecumenical Movement" (involving all religions). It has been pushed for many decades and now encompasses the globe. It offers this sense of Universalism, a One World Religion.
But besides that and more on a personal level,
the modern psycho babble pushed known as "victim mentality" has been adopted by the youths of today, the Millennials (of whom you are a part). These "victims" don't want to take responsibility for anything. "Nothing is my fault, it is society's fault" or just "Life just delt me a bad hand of cards"... or "I didn't ask to be born!" And therefore, "society is responsible for my life" ... and/or my parents are -- not me ... they owe me! Many of them just want to remain dependent on their parents and government, like leeches.
This is a wrong mindset. Neither God, nor society, nor your patents owe you anything. Parents are responsible for you until you are 18 or at most til you get through secondary school - THAT'S IT! AFTER THAT, THEY SHOULD GIVE THEM ALL THE BOOT! You owe it to yourself to make a life for yourself!
The Bible says, "If you don't work, you don't eat!"
>>>
That should be on billboards across the nation! If we had that motto as a nation, we wouldn't have millions of immigrants flooding the borders with their hands out for a free living!
"For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. 2 Thes. 3:10-11

"Busybodies" are concerned with everyone else's life, sometimes called gossipers and blabbermouths, because they don't have much of a life of their own to talk about.

What are the rest of us commanded to do with these lazy folks?

>>> "But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us."
2 Thes. 3:6

GOD expects us to participate in the duties and labors of life, being responsible for ourselves and families, contributing to society
. It's part of the process of maturing.
Actually there is another scripture we should put up on billboards:
"But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
1 Tim. 5:8

WHAT SAY YOU ABOUT HAVING A STRONG WORK ETHIC FOR THE YOUTH OF TODAY?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know what you are going on about... @Ronald David Bruno. Have I said that there is nothing to do for God anymore or something? There is always hope in loving God, and allowing God to work in and through you will you are here today.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God desires for us to love him first, and to love others as yourself. What other individuals do, I can not do anything about those people at all. Yahava will judge, and Yahava can discipline or chasten, or Yahava will allow a person in whatever direction they want to go if they do not desire him. Yahava doesn't force people to pay attention to him, it's a willingly part predicated on the participant.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know why people seek to see Jesus come and destroy this earth. Its just odd to me. If He destorys this earth then no one will be left to enter the kingdom which is said to never stop having increase.
When did this happen? It hasn't, yet.

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the history of the world has there ever been anything more devisive than this thing called, Good News?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know what you are going on about... @Ronald David Bruno.
Don't pretend and play dumb. Yes you do, you are just avoiding the question. It's very simple: Do you agree with these scriptures, that God calls us to pull our own weight and work for our keep and those who refuse to work and support their families are worse than unbelievers?
"For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. 2 Thes. 3:10-11

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
1 Tim. 5:8

Yes or no?