Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me as though Jesus promised to come back within a generation which would witness the things he promised to foretell to his chosen disciples, however people decide to make Revelation for us today? Now please do not get me wrong, there are many things within the bible to investigate and to go through, the biggest problem mainly I suppose comes with if Jesus already came back now what? What is there left to do but for Yahava to decide if one will allow him to work in their life, all while having faith that Yeshua has indeed overcame all things which he promised he would end up taking care of, such as death, satan, the beast, the false prophet, hades, and of course sin once and for all on the cross. Some believe that this measure doesn't measure out to those who do not have faith - but Yahava has faith, therefore if Yahava has faith, and that what Jesus said was true all would be raised either to resurrection of life, or condemnation, he is unable to get that all with the heavenly kingdom being established and those who die from this life to that life, are resurrected and placed where they belong with God or without God.

Why do people have such a problem with this? Is due to their outlook on seeing all these things unfold in our generation today, when it was for a generation of a time that would be so great no other time would compare to what would come about when Yeshua would return and was seen by those of faith and taken and establishing the heavenly kingdom above?

Overall I believe by faith Jesus had came and taken his bride, - its just a subjective take compared to what most denominations preach today.

Reactions: The Learner

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation is fairly clear about the events surrounding Christ's return. Three points in particular demonstrate that Christ has not yet returned.

1) the seal, trumpet and bowl judgments contain globally catastrophic events, the magnitude of which would've ensured they would be well recorded. No records of any such occurrences exist, so they have yet to happen.

2) when Christ does return, Satan will be locked away and Christ will set up His kingdom, where He will rule over the entire Earth with an iron rod (as in lawbreaking will be punished firmly and immediately) for 1000 years.
There is presently no 1000 year period in history during which it is recorded Christ has ruled.

3) at the end of the Millennium; Satan is freed, leads a rebellion, is torched by God and subsequently tossed into gehenna. After this, the present Earth is destroyed and God brings forth a new heaven and earth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure is, its an overview of all the olivet discourse promised to come about to four of his chosen apostles.

While people may have their wonders; its about faith isnt it? What about the time that would be no greater than for that one generation; yet people still make it out for today….

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many people would shy away from someone who believes Jesus came back especially ina a Congergation that has taught Jesus is coming back.

Youll lose people, and youll lose tithes if you put that as a focus on them to pay you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of churches make money off of things like this; rather than focusing on…

Did he come back as promised? Or was Jesus and his apostles just kidding to those groups of people they spoke too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation is fairly clear about the events surrounding Christ's return. Three points in particular demonstrate that Christ has not yet returned.

1) the seal, trumpet and bowl judgments contain globally catastrophic events, the magnitude of which would've ensured they would be well recorded. No records of any such occurrences exist, so they have yet to happen.

2) when Christ does return, Satan will be locked away and Christ will set up His kingdom, where He will rule over the entire Earth with an iron rod (as in lawbreaking will be punished firmly and immediately) for 1000 years.
There is presently no 1000 year period in history during which it is recorded Christ has ruled.

3) at the end of the Millennium; Satan is freed, leads a rebellion, is torched by God and subsequently tossed into gehenna. After this, the present Earth is destroyed and God brings forth a new heaven and earth.
1 day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like 1 day. I believe he continues to rule today.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or was the Master of Parables speaking figuratively?
I dont think he spoke parables to his chosen disciples in private and when the holy spirit dropped, the aposltes warned of the day of the LORD you can see it all in the letters. Therefore this conjucture to me is personally moot. The memory of what Yeshua told them is familiar in my mind, he wouldnt have lied to them.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll leave you some points to ponder...
  • If Jesus came and took His Bride in 70 AD, how then did the Church as we now know it begin?
  • Is there ANY continuity or connection between the Church started by those "Left Behind" and Christ's Church?
  • How did post-70-AD believers come to Christ? Who evangelized them?
  • Who kept the letters that eventually became our Bible?
  • Why don't the existent records from the Apostolic Fathers like Clement, Ignatius, Polycarp, and Papias (the latter 3 who lived in 70 A.D.) mention the rapture of the Church?
  • And if Christ's return already happened, what is left for us to hope for?
It's just too historically implausible.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll leave you some points to ponder...
  • If Jesus came and took His Bride in 70 AD, how then did the Church as we now know it begin?
  • Is there ANY continuity or connection between the Church started by those "Left Behind" and Christ's Church?
  • How did post-70-AD believers come to Christ? Who evangelized them?
  • Who kept the letters that eventually became our Bible?
  • Why don't the existent records from the Apostolic Fathers like Clement, Ignatius, Polycarp, and Papias (the latter 3 who lived in 70 A.D. mention the rapture of the Church?
  • And if Christ's return already happened, what is left for us to hope for?
It's just too historically implausible.
I disagree that its implausible. It takes faith to really trust God and the Lord in their promises. I cant tell you why many other people continue to believe that he is still coming it was just their own conjecture…

Either Jesus promise to return shortly in revelation was truth or it was a lie. It wasnt gonna have to be 2000 years down the road. That to me is implausible - people throughout your own life time preached Jesus was coming….

Well where is he? Does he not reside in you? Are you not part of the heavenly kingdom now? Is there newness to your heaven and earth when you are born again?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no evidence or fact or piece of paper that says “Jesus returned”, all I do believe is he came in faith.

He came in faith while israel became wrapped around Gods wrath and was destroyed, even the second temple.

Those who were faithful seen him, and where taken, they seen him just as he returned back to heaven. That is all on faith and truth that Jesus never decieved anyone, he came as promised and is now the new administration head as the LORD God almighty.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me as though Jesus promised to come back within a generation which would witness the things he promised to foretell to his chosen disciples, however people decide to make Revelation for us today? Now please do not get me wrong, there are many things within the bible to investigate and to go through, the biggest problem mainly I suppose comes with if Jesus already came back now what? What is there left to do but for Yahava to decide if one will allow him to work in their life, all while having faith that Yeshua has indeed overcame all things which he promised he would end up taking care of, such as death, satan, the beast, the false prophet, hades, and of course sin once and for all on the cross. Some believe that this measure doesn't measure out to those who do not have faith - but Yahava has faith, therefore if Yahava has faith, and that what Jesus said was true all would be raised either to resurrection of life, or condemnation, he is unable to get that all with the heavenly kingdom being established and those who die from this life to that life, are resurrected and placed where they belong with God or without God.

Why do people have such a problem with this? Is due to their outlook on seeing all these things unfold in our generation today, when it was for a generation of a time that would be so great no other time would compare to what would come about when Yeshua would return and was seen by those of faith and taken and establishing the heavenly kingdom above?

Overall I believe by faith Jesus had came and taken his bride, - its just a subjective take compared to what most denominations preach today.
The #1 reason Premillennials think Jesus hasn't physically returned and removed sin and evil from the world is because it is still present and spreading.

His plan when He returns is JUDGMENT: RID THE WORLD OF SIN AND EVIL AND ALL WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN HIM.

We see a Paradise reborn in the near future with peace on earth _ a world with only Christians worshipping and dwelling with and visiting Jesus (up close and personal), a world where animals are at peace and in harmony, wolves with sheep, lions eating grass, babies able to put their hand in a vipers den.
Does the world look like that to you?

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. ISAIAH 11:6-9

Did you get that? This is a snapshot of the Millennial Kingdom. The earth is NOT filled with the knowledge of the LORD yet, but soon it will be. He will destroy all false religions, philosophies that currently oppose Him. Capisce?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The #1 reason Premillennials think Jesus hasn't physically returned and removed sin and evil from the world is because it is still present and spreading.

His plan when He returns is JUDGMENT: RID THE WORLD OF SIN AND EVIL AND ALL WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN HIM.

We see a Paradise reborn in the near future with peace on earth _ a world with only Christians worshipping and dwelling with and visiting Jesus (up close and personal), a world where animals are at peace and in harmony, wolves with sheep, lions eating grass, babies able to put their hand in a vipers den.
Does the world look like that to you?

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. ISAIAH 11:6-9

Did you get that? This is a snapshot of the Millennial Kingdom. The earth is NOT filled with the knowledge of the LORD yet, but soon it will be. He will destroy all false religions, philosophies that currently oppose Him. Capisce?
I disagree. I believe there is alot of the LORD in his creation to see. It holds the glory of his handy work. I dont seek refuge here on this earth, nor do I see that peace will ever come by worldly ways. Only heavenly.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know why people seek to see Jesus come and destroy this earth. Its just odd to me. If He destorys this earth then no one will be left to enter the kingdom which is said to never stop having increase.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know why people seek to see Jesus come and destroy this earth. Its just odd to me. If He destorys this earth then no one will be left to enter the kingdom which is said to never stop having increase.
When jesus destroys this earth. The last person that would recieve him has recieved him,

God is willing that non should perish, thus is patient..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such scripture that says this “world will end.” There are end to ages, but not the world. Therefore I disagree with you EG. People have to be born here and continue to find the light in the darkness of the world.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 21: 21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

The word translated pass away means cease to exist.

You do not have to believe me, believe the word

Reactions: teamventure

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are some who think the second coming has already occurred. And we are now living in the tribulation years that last according to God's timeline,not our Gregorian calendar.

I think that would explain how the world has fallen exponentially since the ascension.