Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't pretend and play dumb. Yes you do, you are just avoiding the question. It's very simple: Do you agree with these scriptures, that God calls us to pull our own weight and work for our keep and those who refuse to work and support their families are worse than unbelievers?
"For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. 2 Thes. 3:10-11

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
1 Tim. 5:8

Yes or no?
I.E God helps those who help themselves?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
Matthew 6:28

Isaiah 3:10
Tell the righteous it will be well with them,
for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't pretend and play dumb. Yes you do, you are just avoiding the question. It's very simple: Do you agree with these scriptures, that God calls us to pull our own weight and work for our keep and those who refuse to work and support their families are worse than unbelievers?
"For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. 2 Thes. 3:10-11

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
1 Tim. 5:8

Yes or no?
Yes. Im currently without a job, and not working. However I believe in the one Yahava had sent. That is the work of God isnt it?

Yes or no?

Jesus answered and said unto them, “This is the work of God: that ye believe in Him whom He hath sent.”

While in this world you need a job to eat and pay bills, some people do it, some people dont, some people use others, some people have just issues that they have, and etc.
Is that fair to say? Yes or no?

What is it you are looking to tell me is really my question @Ronald D Milam; cause i been a drug abuser just about all my life, and been in and out of addiction and have had issues and everything.

You asked me about the youth. The youth is very important to me, they need good support and encouragement to do the right things rather than live in a way that is very wasteful. However to understand that no one is ever gonna have a perfect life no matter how perfect it may seem. The need of Yahava and his Son is who are needed to get by in this imperfect life and world we all live in.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking on these things reminds me of Ecc.

@Ronald David Bruno

“So I hated all the fruit of my labor for which I had labored under the sun, because I must leave it to the man who will come after me. And who knows whether he will be wise or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the fruit of my labor for which I have labored by acting wisely under the sun. This too is futility. Therefore I completely despaired over all the fruit of my labor for which I had labored under the sun. When there is a person who has labored with wisdom, knowledge, and skill, and then gives his legacy to one who has not labored for it; this too is futility and a great evil. For what does a person get in all his labor and in his striving with which he labors under the sun? Because all his days his activity is painful and irritating; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is futility. There is nothing better for a person than to eat and drink, and show himself some good in his trouble. This too I have seen, that it is from the hand of God. For who can eat and who can have enjoyment without Him? For to a person who is good in His sight, He has given wisdom and knowledge and joy, while to the sinner He has given the task of gathering and collecting so that he may give to one who is good in God’s sight. This too is futility and striving after wind.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭2‬:‭18‬-‭26‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the topic is, why do denominations have a problem with looking into the past about Jesus and his coming?

Many people say He hasnt returned. Alot of it is because darkness and evil still exist, it still seems to exist if you look at Revelation 22. Darkness and evil was never said to be done away with. What was done away with was all material scope of religion. Everything the Jewish people had known of taken from them and burned down to the ground. Those who were faithful during this outpouring of Yahavas wrath on the heaven and earth of Israel, the waiting, watching, seen Yeshua and were taken, i believe that would have been John the aposlte as well.

Today Satan has been taken care of; the darkness of his attitude can still linger on; however today all people have the choice to partake of the tree of life, or partake of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Which would yoy rather eat from?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the topic is, why do denominations have a problem with looking into the past about Jesus and his coming?

Many people say He hasnt returned. Alot of it is because darkness and evil still exist, it still seems to exist if you look at Revelation 22. Darkness and evil was never said to be done away with. What was done away with was all material scope of religion. Everything the Jewish people had known of taken from them and burned down to the ground. Those who were faithful during this outpouring of Yahavas wrath on the heaven and earth of Israel, the waiting, watching, seen Yeshua and were taken, i believe that would have been John the aposlte as well.

Today Satan has been taken care of; the darkness of his attitude can still linger on; however today all people have the choice to partake of the tree of life, or partake of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Which would yoy rather eat from?
Satan is taken care of?

Is Satan decieving nations today?

Look at the news.. Satan is very active today..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is taken care of?

Is Satan decieving nations today?

Look at the news.. Satan is very active today..
I dont care about the news and its has no bearing on if Satan is still active today or not. The scriptures do, and john proclaimed the doing away with Satan. Either its true or its not; that choice is between you and yourself. I dont discredit Jesus total victory for all today.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk why everyone tries to focus on the world compared to looking at Jesus and his victory over the world (and sin, death, satan, the false prophet, the beast, hell) - by suggesting “look at the news” - how does that have any bearing on ones life what is going on out there in the world; when you got your own lot you have to tend to…

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont care about the news and its has no bearing on if Satan is still active today or not. The scriptures do, and john proclaimed the doing away with Satan. Either its true or its not; that choice is between you and yourself. I dont discredit Jesus total victory for all today.
You should care. Because Satan is deceiving the nations today.

When Christ returns. there will be peace between the nations. Not war.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk why everyone tries to focus on the world compared to looking at Jesus and his victory over the world (and sin, death, satan, the false prophet, the beast, hell) - by suggesting “look at the news” - how does that have any bearing on ones life what is going on out there in the world; when you got your own lot you have to tend to…
He gave HIS people victory over sin and death

He has not saved the world yet..

If the worlds crisis is not satan. who do we blame?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should care. Because Satan is deceiving the nations today.

When Christ returns. there will be peace between the nations. Not war.

He gave HIS people victory over sin and death

He has not saved the world yet..

If the worlds crisis is not satan. who do we blame?
I disagree with the poor view of Jesus not having victory today. That is your choice to believe.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with the poor view of Jesus not having victory today. That is your choice to believe.
lol

He has victory. He allows satan to decieve the nations. and will until he returns. He even says he is patient. Wishing that non should perish.

My poor view. dude thats uncalled for..

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG, My question was a simple yes or no question backed up by scripture: Does God expect man to work for a living?

Why can't you answer that? You would have answered yes immediately -- if you had a job and were independent, a hard worker. Most all Christians know and believe in a strong work ethic. But you avoided the question like the plague. You have been avoiding those kind of questions for a long time.
I am getting personal, yes, for your own good. This is probably why you avoid a good teaching church too, you don't want anyone to find out who you really are. 98% of the Pastors out there would not be teaching you Universalism - so you avoid them too. You hide from everyone in your own little cubicle logged into the internet. Likely, you live in your parents home, milking off them like many irresponsible youths today.
Psychologists say the average boy turns into a man at age 30. 100 years ago a 15 year old boy knew how to work the farm, do all the family business and it was common for him to achieve independence, get married and have kids by the time he was 21, a man, someone whom his parents were proud of. Kids are less mature these days - there are exceptions though.
What is your excuse? The youth of today have many. Truth be told, many, but not all, just don't want to grow up, don't want responsibility. While you seem to think there is nothing else better to do but spend hours spinning yarns about Universalism and Amillennialism (12k posts in last two years), there is a more fruitful life out there in the real world. You actually need to go out and get a life, live-in for 30 or 49 years, then come back and share, because you aren't offering any wisdom at all in your threads. People have just tried to help you, reasin with you woth scriptures but you remain unteachable and stuck.
Even though the world is corrupt, we still have to live in it. God calls us to work, experience life, the ups and downs, successes and failures, in order to grow. You can't grow by sitting home isolated from the world.
You may think this doesn't have anything to do with the topic. Yes it does.
I'll explain. This generation of kids are infected by this victim mentality. They think that whatever is wrong with their lives is not their fault. They blame society, their parents, a long list of mental disorders (ADHD, depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar, etc.) and use them as an excuse. They can't cope, can't fit into the work place, can't find purpose or just feel inadequate and low self esteem. Simply they are afraid to grow up, nir get the point of going through all those motions.
I have a 22 year old relative who has refused to go to school or work after high school. He had a full scholarship to UC Irvine, 1380 on SAT - TOP 2% in intellegence, YET he is afraid to grow up. I've had several talks with him, trying to encourage him with no success. His divorced, dysfunctional parents take turns shuffling him back and forth to several homes. They are failures as parents. He is stuck in a pit of despondency and fear and just can't pull himslef out. He asked me once, "How long is it acceptable to live at home? Wow! I was shocked. I laid into him about how fathers used to guve their kids a boot at 18 unless they attended college, then after that they got the boot. I said, "Just get a job, any job, after a few months you'll wonder why you were so apprehensive. You will feel a sense of dignity. In time, you will find your niche." Most of us had these fears in the beginning and overcame them. Even with new jobs, there is a sense of apprehension, fear of change, bew people, new rules, a period of feeling inadequacies- everyone has to jump these hurtles. It is part of life, facing your fears. There is really no excuse not to work. I had a blknd teacher in college - one of the best I ever had. I have seen retarded kids collect tickets at the movie theaters and have seen quadrapelegic and people with all sorts of disabilities work successfully.

So how does this have anything to do with your topic?
You are not only an Amillennialist, but you are a Universalist. This new age popular view of God as only a God of Love and forgiveness is also a facet of this Eccumenical Movement involving all religions. If all roads lead to salvation, then it doesn't matter which one you are on. Follow that line of thought and you can say IF all are forgiven, then it doesn't really matter how I live my life. Follow that line of thought and you can say I can just drift through life without purpose, be irresponsible, take advantage of others ( even my parents), be dependent on the government and just seek the easy way out and it won't matter, God will forgive me. This is a cop out.
Well God does not want us to cop out.
We can do all things in Christ who strengthens us. He would not have added numerous scriptures about being a sluggard and lazy - which leads to poverty, if being lazy was okay. No, it's worse than being an unbeliever!
So this single facet, a strong work ethic is absent in this new age victim mentality.
The wages of sin is death is also absent in your view. It is as if death has no meaning if everyone gets saved.
The other facet is your denial of a period of time called the Great Tribulation which you attribute to 70AD in Jerusalem. You fail to see what is actually brewing in the Middle East right now. It will escallate into WWIII. Ten nations are gathering to form a Beast that will attack Israel. And this would validate events in Revelation as hsppening now.
A devastation to the world where billions of people die does not equate with your loving God,
Who you think wouldn't do such a thing.
But in your favor, He forgives people for being lazy as long as they are "in Christ".
Once you are dead, your fate is fixed.⁹

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG, My question was a simple yes or no question backed up by scripture: Does God expect man to work for a living?

Why can't you answer that? You would have answered yes immediately -- if you had a job and were independent, a hard worker. Most all Christians know and believe in a strong work ethic. But you avoided the question like the plague. You have been avoiding those kind of questions for a long time.
I am getting personal, yes, for your own good. This is probably why you avoid a good teaching church too, you don't want anyone to find out who you really are. 98% of the Pastors out there would not be teaching you Universalism - so you avoid them too. You hide from everyone in your own little cubicle logged into the internet. Likely, you live in your parents home, milking off them like many irresponsible youths today.
Psychologists say the average boy turns into a man at age 30. 100 years ago a 15 year old boy knew how to work the farm, do all the family business and it was common for him to achieve independence, get married and have kids by the time he was 21, a man, someone whom his parents were proud of. Kids are less mature these days - there are exceptions though.
What is your excuse? The youth of today have many. Truth be told, many, but not all, just don't want to grow up, don't want responsibility. While you seem to think there is nothing else better to do but spend hours spinning yarns about Universalism and Amillennialism (12k posts in last two years), there is a more fruitful life out there in the real world. You actually need to go out and get a life, live-in for 30 or 49 years, then come back and share, because you aren't offering any wisdom at all in your threads. People have just tried to help you, reasin with you woth scriptures but you remain unteachable and stuck.
Even though the world is corrupt, we still have to live in it. God calls us to work, experience life, the ups and downs, successes and failures, in order to grow. You can't grow by sitting home isolated from the world.
You may think this doesn't have anything to do with the topic. Yes it does.
I'll explain. This generation of kids are infected by this victim mentality. They think that whatever is wrong with their lives is not their fault. They blame society, their parents, a long list of mental disorders (ADHD, depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar, etc.) and use them as an excuse. They can't cope, can't fit into the work place, can't find purpose or just feel inadequate and low self esteem. Simply they are afraid to grow up, nir get the point of going through all those motions.
I have a 22 year old relative who has refused to go to school or work after high school. He had a full scholarship to UC Irvine, 1380 on SAT - TOP 2% in intellegence, YET he is afraid to grow up. I've had several talks with him, trying to encourage him with no success. His divorced, dysfunctional parents take turns shuffling him back and forth to several homes. They are failures as parents. He is stuck in a pit of despondency and fear and just can't pull himslef out. He asked me once, "How long is it acceptable to live at home? Wow! I was shocked. I laid into him about how fathers used to guve their kids a boot at 18 unless they attended college, then after that they got the boot. I said, "Just get a job, any job, after a few months you'll wonder why you were so apprehensive. You will feel a sense of dignity. In time, you will find your niche." Most of us had these fears in the beginning and overcame them. Even with new jobs, there is a sense of apprehension, fear of change, bew people, new rules, a period of feeling inadequacies- everyone has to jump these hurtles. It is part of life, facing your fears. There is really no excuse not to work. I had a blknd teacher in college - one of the best I ever had. I have seen retarded kids collect tickets at the movie theaters and have seen quadrapelegic and people with all sorts of disabilities work successfully.

So how does this have anything to do with your topic?
You are not only an Amillennialist, but you are a Universalist. This new age popular view of God as only a God of Love and forgiveness is also a facet of this Eccumenical Movement involving all religions. If all roads lead to salvation, then it doesn't matter which one you are on. Follow that line of thought and you can say IF all are forgiven, then it doesn't really matter how I live my life. Follow that line of thought and you can say I can just drift through life without purpose, be irresponsible, take advantage of others ( even my parents), be dependent on the government and just seek the easy way out and it won't matter, God will forgive me. This is a cop out.
Well God does not want us to cop out.
We can do all things in Christ who strengthens us. He would not have added numerous scriptures about being a sluggard and lazy - which leads to poverty, if being lazy was okay. No, it's worse than being an unbeliever!
So this single facet, a strong work ethic is absent in this new age victim mentality.
The wages of sin is death is also absent in your view. It is as if death has no meaning if everyone gets saved.
The other facet is your denial of a period of time called the Great Tribulation which you attribute to 70AD in Jerusalem. You fail to see what is actually brewing in the Middle East right now. It will escallate into WWIII. Ten nations are gathering to form a Beast that will attack Israel. And this would validate events in Revelation as hsppening now.
A devastation to the world where billions of people die does not equate with your loving God,
Who you think wouldn't do such a thing.
But in your favor, He forgives people for being lazy as long as they are "in Christ".
Once you are dead, your fate is fixed.⁹
I did answer you man. Now you off on a tangent im uninterested, now. Youre very close to just an ignore. If you would like to go back and comment on what was said please do; other than that; im not listening cause im not due to the tangent.

Everything revovles around Christ and allowing God to work in and through you.
Amen.

You having problems with my own beliefs which are not private by any means are uncalled for @Ronald David Bruno. I dont go putting you on blast, i just disagree with you.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is the penalty of sin?
How does this corelate to the subject at hand? The topic overall is why do denominations have a problem with looking into the past about the return of Jesus.

Its understandable too, you do not know me. I dont know you, and i dont know what your total view is or what you hope for. Those things are none of my business unless you happened to tell me about them.

Jesus took on the penalty of sin; dying a sinners death never sinning. If you wanna sin, all it leads to is death in the end.

Its up to people now today wheter or not they will seek after Yahava or not. Wouldnt you agree? Or do you still see the need for the Gospel to continue to be spread upon in the world in order for Jesus to come back?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Today Satan has been taken care of;

That is what Satan would want you to say.
I wonder if you will ever be able to realize this... @MatthewG ??

Also,

James the Apostle, teaches it differently... as James says that you are to " Submit to God and = resist Satan, and he shall flee from you".

The reason He names him, is because He is still the "god of this world"..

He is still the one who Paul said "Hindered me from coming to see you"...

Notice this verse... Jesus said "i have been given all authority (Power) in Heaven and on earth".

So, that does not mean that Satan doesn't have any power.
It just means that Jesus has been restored to His original "Pre-incarnate" authority.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does this corelate to the subject at hand? The topic overall is why do denominations have a problem with looking into the past about the return of Jesus.

Its understandable too, you do not know me. I dont know you, and i dont know what your total view is or what you hope for. Those things are none of my business unless you happened to tell me about them.

Jesus took on the penalty of sin; dying a sinners death never sinning. If you wanna sin, all it leads to is death in the end.

Its up to people now today wheter or not they will seek after Yahava or not. Wouldnt you agree? Or do you still see the need for the Gospel to continue to be spread upon in the world in order for Jesus to come back?
sorry, I got confused what thread this was.. I was thinking it was the hell thread.

As for when Jesus will come back. No one knows the day or hour only the father in heaven

what we do know is he has not come back yet

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what Satan would want you to say.
I wonder if you will ever be able to realize this... @MatthewG ??

Also,

James the Apostle, teaches it differently... as James says that you are to " Submit to God and = resist Satan, and he shall flee from you".

The reason He names him, is because He is still the "god of this world"..

He is still the one who Paul said "Hindered me from coming to see you"...

Notice this verse... Jesus said "i have been given all authority (Power) in Heaven and on earth".

So, that does not mean that Satan doesn't have any power.
It just means that Jesus has been restored to His original "Pre-incarnate" authority.

I believe the scriptures stand the test of time personally.

“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he took hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their foreheads and on their hands; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years. When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, and will come out to deceive the nations which are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them; and they were judged, each one of them according to their deeds. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20‬:‭1‬-‭2‬, ‭4‬-‭15‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, I got confused what thread this was.. I was thinking it was the hell thread.

As for when Jesus will come back. No one knows the day or hour only the father in heaven

what we do know is he has not come back yet
He gave signs to his four chosen aposltes in order for them to realize it was getting closer, you can see the revelation from the book of revelation. Its fine if you are content with suggesting that what Jesus had said was never revealed.

I know the bible fairly well, and this subject at hand pertains to if Jesus came back again or not.

About 7 times in revelation to the 7 churches he said he was coming back quickly. If that is a lie or not is up to you to decide there @Eternally Grateful.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like all the bible @Behold. Im not good at the old testament but i got a fairly good grip on the new testament. Not saying i know everything I get the general overall picture and layout. Many suggest its for today as though the events of a generation then will happen today. I disagree. Thats all you can do here with me is disgaree or suggest otherwise.

Either the bible is right and the truth is the devil is gone, or its not true and he still exists. What you believe is he does, im okay with that. I personally do not, why are you not okay with that?