Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Jesus and his victory how can Satan still own the world? It makes no sense whatsoever. Jesus told his disicples that Satan was gonna be cast out… God promised that Satan would have his head crushed in. John the beloved says that he was done away with, so what does one believe?

People who parade around today and say the devil is at large! The devil is at large!

Which is true? Jesus victory or the carnal mind that has a fixation with the devil being still around today in charge of this world? When he has been stripped, and placed in the lake of fire, forever done away with.

Darkness very much still exists today, and perhaps the spirit of ol Ha’Satan still gets people into the attitude of hatred and whatever. However Satan is not around anymore. Darkness and evil never went away, it exists within me and you as people, we have darkness inside our selves to do the most outragous things.

I take full responsbility of my own life and choices, it was never the devil that made me do anything. It was all choices between doing good and doing evil.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me as though Jesus promised to come back within a generation which would witness the things he promised to foretell to his chosen disciples, however people decide to make Revelation for us today? Now please do not get me wrong, there are many things within the bible to investigate and to go through, the biggest problem mainly I suppose comes with if Jesus already came back now what? What is there left to do but for Yahava to decide if one will allow him to work in their life, all while having faith that Yeshua has indeed overcame all things which he promised he would end up taking care of, such as death, satan, the beast, the false prophet, hades, and of course sin once and for all on the cross. Some believe that this measure doesn't measure out to those who do not have faith - but Yahava has faith, therefore if Yahava has faith, and that what Jesus said was true all would be raised either to resurrection of life, or condemnation, he is unable to get that all with the heavenly kingdom being established and those who die from this life to that life, are resurrected and placed where they belong with God or without God.

Why do people have such a problem with this? Is due to their outlook on seeing all these things unfold in our generation today, when it was for a generation of a time that would be so great no other time would compare to what would come about when Yeshua would return and was seen by those of faith and taken and establishing the heavenly kingdom above?

Overall I believe by faith Jesus had came and taken his bride, - its just a subjective take compared to what most denominations preach today.
There are three manifestations of Jesus, of which "church-ianity" is full throttle about two of them, but hardly focusses on the other.
1. Jesus DID COME to us through mortal flesh.
2. Jesus IS COMING to us by His Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus SHALL COME in the Glory of His Immortaliy.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are three manifestations of Jesus, of which "church-ianity" is full throttle about two of them, but hardly focusses on the other.
1. Jesus DID COME to us through mortal flesh.
2. Jesus IS COMING to us by His Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus SHALL COME in the Glory of His Immortaliy.

Hello Earburner,

Okay, thank you for sharing. We have had discussions before, and do see some things differently, that is okay! I do not know anything about "church-ianity." Always glad to see you and others that I have talked to over the years come and go. Hope all is well.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?"

Well if He already returned He sure left the place in a MESS!

Reactions: Earburner

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some good resources to checking into history are, Cassio Dio, Tacitus, Suetonius, and Josephus incase anyone was wondering, I always tend to forget them.

I cant help what peoples overall view is, some believe this world is gonna be free of darkness and evil; its just not true. Jesus paid for sin, and God through Christ reconciled the world back unto himself.

What has happened is a restoration to the Garden of Eden - spiritually, today. And what that Garden held was two trees.

People still make their choice of what they will go after, the tree of life (death, burial, resurrection of Christ, or the tree of the knowledge and good and evil.

Im sorry if you hope this world be ridden of evil and darkness - that was still left all while your sins were taken care of by Jesus, Jesus came and got his bride as promised but people read the bible and make everything for themselves today not considering the audience and when that happens things can get a little wild.

No where I have I read says that this world is going to be fixed - the only problem that was fixed and restore was what Adam lost in the Garden and it was a benefit from Yeshua - to you in your life now today to have access to Yahava, the Father.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Earburner,

Okay, thank you for sharing. We have had discussions before, and do see some things differently, that is okay! I do not know anything about "church-ianity." Always glad to see you and others that I have talked to over the years come and go. Hope all is well.
Yes, HI Matthew,
I hope all is well with you.

"Church-ianity" is my expression about churches that "have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof". 2 Tim. 3:5
Why not make a comment?
Do you agree or disagree with the three manifestations of Jesus?
Maybe John 14:23 and Rev. 3:20 will explain it better than I

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, HI Matthew,
I hope all is well with you.

"Church-ianity" is my expression about churches that "have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof". 2 Tim. 3:5
Why not make a comment?
Do you agree or disagree with the three manifestations of Jesus?
Maybe John 14:23 and Rev. 3:20 will explain it better than I

Oh okay. I have no comment to make. I believe that Yeshua came and got his bride as promised, what would you like to comment or make a remark about exactly cause I do not understand.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh okay. I have no comment to make. I believe that Yeshua came and got his bride as promised, what would you like to comment or make a remark about exactly cause I do not understand.
Are you now a member of His bride? Are there still many more to come to Him, upto and including those who remain alive in faith, upon His visible manifestation from heaven?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adopted into the family of believers. The spirit and the bride say come, @Earburner. Co heir with christ, son or daughter of Yahava, being led by the spirit. Is still avaliable, to all.

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Considering i believe Jesus already (and he came just like he had left and those were faithful witnesses him come - that is why there is no documentation about it in my opinion) had come the only other option is death, Earburner, people are gonna see Christ as he is after this life.

Not many people like death being an option but even Jesus died. Speaking about it many times even stopping along side the road to tell his disciples about it.

Jesus Predicts His Death​

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where I have I read says that this world is going to be fixed -
You mean we are stuck with this Hell on Earth?
the only problem that was fixed and restore was what Adam lost in the Garden and it was a benefit from Yeshua - to you in your life now today to have access to Yahava, the Father.
Yahava? I've looked at 40 English Bible translations and none say Yahava.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know why people seek to see Jesus come and destroy this earth. Its just odd to me. If He destorys this earth then no one will be left to enter the kingdom which is said to never stop having increase.
It's not the earth that shall be destroyed.
It's this current age, or point in eternity that passes into the realms of HIS Story!
(This is hard for some to embrace or understand. As it is a deeper thing of God and Spiritually discerned.)

An observation:

2 Thessalonians 2:4 (KJV)

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not the earth that shall be destroyed.
It's this current age, or point in eternity that passes into the realms of HIS Story!
(This is hard for some to embrace or understand. As it is a deeper thing of God and Spiritually discerned.)

An observation:

2 Thessalonians 2:4 (KJV)

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Earth (the land) was destroyed. Jerusalem has no more temple. Was reading jeremiah last night. That current age was wrapped up and done away which today we live in the age of fulfillment. Not very popular nor well received. Thank you for your contributions, interesting verse for the people at thess to have read.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adopted into the family of believers. The spirit and the bride say come, @Earburner. Co heir with christ, son or daughter of Yahava, being led by the spirit. Is still avaliable, to all.

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Considering i believe Jesus already (and he came just like he had left and those were faithful witnesses him come - that is why there is no documentation about it in my opinion) had come the only other option is death, Earburner, people are gonna see Christ as he is after this life.

Not many people like death being an option but even Jesus died. Speaking about it many times even stopping along side the road to tell his disciples about it.

Jesus Predicts His Death​

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

@Earburner do you have any more questions?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me as though Jesus promised to come back within a generation which would witness the things he promised to foretell to his chosen disciples, however people decide to make Revelation for us today? Now please do not get me wrong, there are many things within the bible to investigate and to go through, the biggest problem mainly I suppose comes with if Jesus already came back now what? What is there left to do but for Yahava to decide if one will allow him to work in their life, all while having faith that Yeshua has indeed overcame all things which he promised he would end up taking care of, such as death, satan, the beast, the false prophet, hades, and of course sin once and for all on the cross. Some believe that this measure doesn't measure out to those who do not have faith - but Yahava has faith, therefore if Yahava has faith, and that what Jesus said was true all would be raised either to resurrection of life, or condemnation, he is unable to get that all with the heavenly kingdom being established and those who die from this life to that life, are resurrected and placed where they belong with God or without God.

Why do people have such a problem with this? Is due to their outlook on seeing all these things unfold in our generation today, when it was for a generation of a time that would be so great no other time would compare to what would come about when Yeshua would return and was seen by those of faith and taken and establishing the heavenly kingdom above?

Overall I believe by faith Jesus had came and taken his bride, - its just a subjective take compared to what most denominations preach today.
Jesus received his crown here-Rev 6:2--these last days that occurs. Daniel 4 clearly points to 1914. The bible calls that-the presence.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus received his crown here-Rev 6:2--these last days that occurs. Daniel 4 clearly points to 1914. The bible calls that-the presence.
I disagree. You are more than welcome to believe what you want about 1914.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. You are more than welcome to believe what you want about 1914.
It is clear--it says 2520 days before a king sits on the throne again. But in reality a day for a year gets applied because no king sat on the throne until-Rev 6:2-(607 bce+ 2520=1914--Rev 6:4 backs that year up--Peace will be taken from the earth=ww1

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is clear--it says 2520 days before a king sits on the throne again. But in reality a day for a year gets applied because no king sat on the throne until-Rev 6:2-(607 bce+ 2520=1914--Rev 6:4 backs that year up--Peace will be taken from the earth=ww1
I dont get into things like that, if you believe it to be true its between you and God and others who believe it is true. People can say all kinds of things and i can let them believe it, it does not mean I have to go along with them.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such scripture that says this “world will end.”

its going to end destroyed by fire 2peter 3

Reactions: ScottA

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People look to Jesus's return because they want the reward that they believe is owed to them and a life on "easy street" in paradise.

Got news for you.

The best thing to be concerned about is the Judgment that comes from corporate sin and guilt.
At what level of corporate apostasy does God begin to exercise judgement? That would be a very important thing to know. And much more relevant bit of information.