Why do people desire for the end times to be for today? Serious Inquirey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I love to see scripture fulfilled, even if it is about something horrible, when God is proven right it fills me with joy. I want to see all of the scripture fulfilled, and for the Kingdom to be the seat of power over all the earth.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love to see scripture fulfilled, even if it is about something horrible, when God is proven right it fills me with joy. I want to see all of the scripture fulfilled, and for the Kingdom to be the seat of power over all the earth.
Hello Iforrest,

While I support you to be able have all that seen in your life.
What do you make of Jesus Christ, saying that his kingdom in not of this world (John 18:36), and what are your thoughts on a few other scriptures that pertain to this?

This is not to shoot you or anyone's beliefs down, just a consideration, as you know a horrible one time event is bad enough but a second one doesn't seem fair, as it was only a one time event.

I fully believe that God loves every single person on the planet today - irrespective of race, irrespective of just or unjust - God still sends the rain down on everyone and will raise up everyone at the end of life.

John 18:36​

New King James Version​

36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

John 6:15​

New King James Version​

Jesus Walks on the Sea​

15 Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.

Psalm 45:3-7​

New King James Version​

3 [a]Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One,
With Your glory and Your majesty.
4 And in Your majesty ride prosperously because of truth, humility, and righteousness;
And Your right hand shall teach You awesome things.
5 Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the King’s enemies;
The peoples fall under You.
6 Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

Isaiah 9:6-7​

New King James Version​

6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Daniel 2:44​

New King James Version​

44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall [a]break in pieces and [b]consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

Daniel 7:14​

New King James Version​

14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

Zechariah 9:9​

New King James Version​

The Coming King​

9 “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation,
Lowly and riding on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.

Luke 12:14​

New King James Version​

14 But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?”

Luke 17:20-21​

New King James Version​

The Coming of the Kingdom​

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, [a]‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is [b]within you.”

Romans 14:17​

New King James Version​

17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Colossians 1:12-14​

New King James Version​

12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and [a]conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption [b]through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

All in respect and love,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some other scriptures to consider when it comes to the end times.

The writer of Hebrews professed that they were in the last times, it was also foretold in the very beginning to Jacob. The last days seem to have been started right at the beginning of Acts, when Peter states to the people he is around in Acts 2 - the prophecy of Isaiah.

However that is up for you to decide if that is true or not,

All in love, and respect towards all people and all the differing views,
Matthew

Hebrews 1:2

New King James Version

2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [a]worlds;

Genesis 49:1

New King James Version

Jacob’s Last Words to His Sons​

49 And Jacob called his sons and said, “Gather together, that I may tell you what shall befall you in the last days:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 50&version=NKJV

Numbers 24:14

New King James Version

14 And now, indeed, I am going to my people. Come, I will advise you what this people will do to your people in the latter days.”
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 25&version=NKJV

Deuteronomy 4:30

New King James Version

30 When you are in [a]distress, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, when you turn to the Lord your God and obey His voice
Read full chapter

Footnotes​

1. Deuteronomy 4:30 tribulation

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 5&version=NKJV

Deuteronomy 18:15

New King James Version

A New Prophet Like Moses​

15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear,
Read full chapter

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 19&version=NKJV

Deuteronomy 31:29

New King James Version

29 For I know that after my death you will become utterly corrupt, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you. And evil will befall you in the latter days, because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands.”
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 32&version=NKJV

Isaiah 2:2

New King James Version

2 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
That the mountain of the Lord’s house
Shall be established on the top of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And all nations shall flow to it.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 3&version=NKJV

Jeremiah 30:24

New King James Version

24 The fierce anger of the Lord will not return until He has done it,
And until He has performed the intents of His heart.
In the latter days you will consider it.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah 31&version=NKJV

Jeremiah 48:47

New King James Version

47 “Yet I will bring back the captives of Moab
In the latter days,” says the Lord.
Thus far is the judgment of Moab.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah 49&version=NKJV

Ezekiel 38:16

New King James Version

16 You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes.”
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel 39&version=NKJV

Daniel 2:28

New King James Version

28 But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. Your dream, and the visions of your head upon your bed, were these:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel 3&version=NKJV

Daniel 10:14

New King James Version

14 Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel 11&version=NKJV

Hosea 3:5

New King James Version

5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They shall fear the Lord and His goodness in the latter days.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea 4&version=NKJV

Micah 4:1

New King James Version

The Lord’s Reign in Zion​

4 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
That the mountain of the Lord’s house
Shall be established on the top of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And peoples shall flow to it.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Micah 5&version=NKJV

Acts 2:17

New King James Version

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 3&version=NKJV

Galatians 4:4

New King James Version

4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born[a] of a woman, born under the law,
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians 5&version=NKJV

Ephesians 1:10

New King James Version

10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, [a]both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians 2&version=NKJV

2 Peter 3:3

New King James Version

3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 John 1&version=NKJV

Jude 18

New King James Version

18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=3 John 1&version=NKJV

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What do you make of Jesus Christ, saying that his kingdom in not of this world (John 18:36), and what are your thoughts on a few other scriptures that pertain to this?

The advancement of the Kingdom on earth is in step with the presence of the Holy Spirit. And his people born of the Spirit constitute his temples, and carry his presence.

Suppose all the temples fall or are removed, and the knowledge of God suppressed such that those born under this worldly system are doomed from the start. Will God stand by and do nothing while unprofitable generation after generation is born and dies? No, he will step in and remedy the situation.

The world under Satan's rule will not be permitted to last forever.

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The advancement of the Kingdom on earth is in step with the presence of the Holy Spirit. And his people born of the Spirit constitute his temples, and carry his presence.

Suppose all the temples fall or are removed, and the knowledge of God suppressed such that those born under this worldly system are doomed from the start. Will God stand by and do nothing while unprofitable generation after generation is born and dies? No, he will step in and remedy the situation.

The world under Satan's rule will not be permitted to last forever.

@Iforrest,

That doesnt answer my question with the provided verses but you can have your opinion and i respect you for that.

Paul quoted to the Romes that Satan would be crushed soon, but i guess we still have to wait another 1000 years.

I guess also Jesus was a liar, his kingdom is on this earth or gonna come to it. I thought it was the heart where he rules. Which the hope is to get to the kingdom of heaven after this life.

Dont know, but all the best,
Matthew

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BarneyFife,

Where do you get the idea that it deals with the times of today? Many people continue to say that, and of course that was why the original post was made. What is it you are hoping to happen?

You know, even Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world", why do people believe he is gonna restore it?

Is it because of the English language?

Is that your hope, like many others a new world, where there is no more pain, suffering?

Which brings up another question, is there any scripture that admits that this world here will actually end, aside from the naturally quoted scripture "the elements burned up", that did actually literally happen, which Peter warned about, but many look at that as it will happen to America, or Austrila, or Germany, or any place a Christian may live with this as their mindset of hope with Jesus coming, and an end to this world as many people know it.

Another question is that, if this world ends and everyone dies on it, who would be left to enter into the Kingdom that is not of this world that Jesus was speaking about?

All in love, @BarneyFife, and respect, in Christ,
Matthew
A lot of questions...

Jesus is coming soon

The signs of the times show that Jesus is coming soon. There are eight points you need to know about His coming: 1. More angels that you can count are coming with the Lord. 2. He is coming in the clouds, and every eye shall see Him. 3. The dead in Christ rise first. 4. The righteous living are caught up with them to meet the Lord in the air. 5. The wicked living are destroyed. 6. The wicked dead stay in the grave 1,000 years. 7. The righteous reign with Christ in heaven 1,000 years. 8. Christ will not touch the earth till after the 1,000 years, when sin and sinners have been destroyed and the earth is purified.

1. Joel 2:35. Matt. 24:3-79. John 14:2, 3
2. 2 Tim. 3:1-56. Matt. 24:1410. Matt. 24:44
3. 2 Peter 3:3, 47. Rom. 1:29-3111. Matt. 25:31
4. Dan. 12:48. Matt. 24:32-3812. Matt. 24:30, 31

During the 1,000 years

The 1000 years in heaven will be spent in vindicating God. The saints will look through the books and judge the wicked dead, who have already sealed their destiny. Satan will be as if he is bound on this earth with no one to tempt during the millennium.

1. Rev 20:1-34. 1 Cor. 6:2, 37. Rev. 20:7, 8
2. Jer. 4:23-275. Zech 14:4, 58. Rev. 21:1, 27
3. Rev. 20:46. Rev. 21:2

The New Jerusalem

After 1000 years, God's people descend from heaven with the New Jerusalem. The wicked are raised and, during their attack on the Holy City, are destroyed in a rain of fire and brimstone. God then creates a beautiful new earth for the redeemed saints.

1. 1 Cor. 3:125. Psalm 16:119. Gen. 3:22
2. Isa. 66:22, 236. Matt. 5:510. Rev. 22:1, 2
3. Rev. 21:1-47. Isa. 40:3111. Mal. 4:2
4. 1 Cor. 2:98. Isa. 35:5, 612. Isa. 35:1

:)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of questions...

Jesus is coming soon

The signs of the times show that Jesus is coming soon. There are eight points you need to know about His coming: 1. More angels that you can count are coming with the Lord. 2. He is coming in the clouds, and every eye shall see Him. 3. The dead in Christ rise first. 4. The righteous living are caught up with them to meet the Lord in the air. 5. The wicked living are destroyed. 6. The wicked dead stay in the grave 1,000 years. 7. The righteous reign with Christ in heaven 1,000 years. 8. Christ will not touch the earth till after the 1,000 years, when sin and sinners have been destroyed and the earth is purified.

1. Joel 2:35. Matt. 24:3-79. John 14:2, 3
2. 2 Tim. 3:1-56. Matt. 24:1410. Matt. 24:44
3. 2 Peter 3:3, 47. Rom. 1:29-3111. Matt. 25:31
4. Dan. 12:48. Matt. 24:32-3812. Matt. 24:30, 31

During the 1,000 years

The 1000 years in heaven will be spent in vindicating God. The saints will look through the books and judge the wicked dead, who have already sealed their destiny. Satan will be as if he is bound on this earth with no one to tempt during the millennium.

1. Rev 20:1-34. 1 Cor. 6:2, 37. Rev. 20:7, 8
2. Jer. 4:23-275. Zech 14:4, 58. Rev. 21:1, 27
3. Rev. 20:46. Rev. 21:2

The New Jerusalem

After 1000 years, God's people descend from heaven with the New Jerusalem. The wicked are raised and, during their attack on the Holy City, are destroyed in a rain of fire and brimstone. God then creates a beautiful new earth for the redeemed saints.

1. 1 Cor. 3:125. Psalm 16:119. Gen. 3:22
2. Isa. 66:22, 236. Matt. 5:510. Rev. 22:1, 2
3. Rev. 21:1-47. Isa. 40:3111. Mal. 4:2
4. 1 Cor. 2:98. Isa. 35:5, 612. Isa. 35:1

:)
Cool its been a 1000 years already.

I guess people just …

Expect him to come back soon…

Idk why, he did come already as promised,

All in love and respect,
Matthew

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it people, seemingly good people, desire for todays time to be the end of times or an admission into it?
Ever see the movie Green Mile? In it a divine man, wrongly accused of a double murder, wanted to be put to death. His reason is that he is tired of all the ugliness, the hate and the evil in the world.

I ask how could anyone who loves justice NOT want Jesus to reign now?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not against people who expect and wait, thats great; you do what you need to.

However those who are serious about learning about the end times really need to not just go along with what people say.

You should be encouraged to read your biblr and look at all the scriptures that deal with this topic,

Many people become lazy and complancet,

Thats not good.

Thompson Chain reference bible is good place to stsrt..,

All
The best,
Matthew

Ever see the movie Green Mile? In it a divine man, wrongly accused of a double murder, wanted to be put to death. His reason is that he is tired of all the ugliness, the hate and the evil in the world.

I ask how could anyone who loves justice NOT want Jesus to reign now?
He does reign in the hear of believers.

Im all in support of justice being meted out over evil.

Thats why prison systems exists.

All the best,
Matthew

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
@Iforrest,

That doesnt answer my question with the provided verses but you can have your opinion and i respect you for that.

Paul quoted to the Romes that Satan would be crushed soon, but i guess we still have to wait another 1000 years.

I guess also Jesus was a liar, his kingdom is on this earth or gonna come to it. I thought it was the heart where he rules. Which the hope is to get to the kingdom of heaven after this life.

Dont know, but all the best,
Matthew
You listed quite a few scriptures and I don't necessarily get why anything I said would be a contradiction.

Paul's mention of Satan being crushed under foot, could easily mean a single victory granted to the recipients of that letter. And he was invoking eternal victory Christ has won as a means of encouragement.

I don't limit the Kingdom of God to the confines of the human heart. While it may be in the heart it is also stated to not be of this world. And our hearts are currently in this world.

The Kingdom is still the Throne of God afterall. Access to the Kingdom is through the Holy Spirit, who dwells within the heart.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not against people who expect and wait, thats great; you do what you need to.

However those who are serious about learning about the end times really need to not just go along with what people say.

Huh? I guess you fooled me twice. Shame on me. I thought you were asking a serious question; not desiring to pontificate using a question as a hook. Said differently, there realy is no relationship beween A and B.
A. Why people desire for the end times to be for today.​
B. Not going along with what people say.​

You should be encouraged to read your biblr and look at all the scriptures that deal with this topic,

Many people become lazy and complancet,

Thats not good.
Sounds like you are projecting, flipping between "you" and "people."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unless that person just happens to be Dr. Frank Charles Thompson?

Thompson Chain reference bible is good place to stsrt..,

Not busting on TCR—I love it—but this idea that people study the Bible without influence or help from others just puzzles me.

Virtually, if not literally, no one does so.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? I guess you fooled me twice. Shame on me. I thought you were asking a serious question; not desiring to pontificate using a question as a hook. Said differently, there realy is no relationship beween A and B.
A. Why people desire for the end times to be for today.​
B. Not going along with what people say.​

Sounds like you are projecting, flipping between "you" and "people."

Challenging. I was talking general by the way in the very first senetence before commenting on you.

Sorry if you were offended, or found it perplexing.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless that person just happens to be Dr. Frank Charles Thompson?

Not busting on TCR—I love it—but this idea that people study the Bible without influence or help from others just puzzles me.

Virtually, if not literally, no one does so.

No one said, - never consider what any person ever says.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You listed quite a few scriptures and I don't necessarily get why anything I said would be a contradiction.

Paul's mention of Satan being crushed under foot, could easily mean a single victory granted to the recipients of that letter. And he was invoking eternal victory Christ has won as a means of encouragement.

I don't limit the Kingdom of God to the confines of the human heart. While it may be in the heart it is also stated to not be of this world. And our hearts are currently in this world.

The Kingdom is still the Throne of God afterall. Access to the Kingdom is through the Holy Spirit, who dwells within the heart.

Okay.

People dont like to go against their normal already conceived views and it sokay.

Love is what is important over all,

not condemning or threatening peoples lives with hell fire and brimestone.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially older folks,

To challenge their already believed ideas and notions on aspects like the end times, or the return of Christ,

is almost like disobeying their father or their mother.

No one here has said that no one is a Christian or that because you dont believe like me your not saved, but people do talk,

that boy crazy, he the son of the devil, he trying to get people to believe JEsus Christ has already came back as promised,

he obivously decieved.

No one ever said to not consider what man says either - but don't trust man, trust God.

And if you trust God? Why not believe in his promises to the people who were promised to be taken away from a HORRIBLE event that happened in 70AD?

Idk? But death is horrible in general and human beings create mass genocides, and that is looked as the devils work. But is it really the devils work? Cain murdered without the influence of Satan.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No one said, - never consider what any person ever says.

Would you agree, then, that there are varying degrees between these two levels of influence?

And, if so, where do we draw the line?

I'm trying to look at this practically—not start a debate. :)

• Love
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you agree, then, that there are varying degrees between these two levels of influence?

And, if so, where do we draw the line?

I'm trying to look at this practically—not start a debate. :)
Barney

The line in the sand would be the spirit.

Can a person love?
And does the doctrine they are looking into - start to cause non-agape love.

People (myself) can be very stern, i dont mean to try to be mean or mock or insult anyone, if i do thats my flesh and not the spirit.

Challenge is what all people need, it makes them think, critcally.

But normally for some on forums it becomes a knife wielding battle to the death, and non love forms.

Thats what all of us by the spirit should try to avoid.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife