Why do people desire for the end times to be for today? Serious Inquirey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why is it people, seemingly good people, desire for today's time to be the end of times or an admission into it?

[...]
Jesus said "everyone will be tested with fire, every sacrifice seasoned with salt" - people are just trying to get into agreement with what Jesus said was coming - they might try to do it the wrong way and get confused, but by the time they are in Heaven their thinking will be made right.

You have to trust that God will make it right, because any other way, will result in you being tested more than you need to (anyway).

I used to think "maybe I can railroad other believers into proper conduct" but I am starting to realise God hasn't given believers the spirit they need for that conduct! (I am not saying that they don't have faith, just that God doesn't give them faith, by which they might ignore Him!)

The Day will come when God pours out His Spirit, again but as the Bible says "no one will say "know God" for all will be taught by Him" (anything else will be too late).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im to the point of realizing that people are going to believe what they want @Gottservant. Doesnt matter how many times I meet someone new who is like what, jesus already came? When and all that.

I think it is best to know and remember to oneself “hey your gonna die; make the best with what you have and have faith in the Son of God, pray and give thanks” what more is there really to do…

Death is coming no one is gonna escape it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a layout from Thompson Chain Reference Guide to Revelation…

Consider the information.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 3

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. People won't trust it unless it's from God, but not just today! Every day from now on!
How can one know what is from God unless they test it by the word of God... of course there is a lot that goes with those just few words. History, context, interpreting scripture with scripture, and of course relying on the Spirit.

Reactions: Gottservant

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a layout from Thompson Chain Reference Guide to Revelation…

Consider the information.

Useful guide to some extent or another. It's interesting that the dating is uncertain, however mentions the tradition 'opinion' is in 96AD. Could have traditions have been wrong, and Jesus speaking on that generation to the four who asked "when will be the end?" Generally agreed upon generation in scripture is a total of 40 years.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Regarding the Opening Post.

Because gutless people are typical, they want everything done for them in fact, that's what i have seen with such people who desire end of times and that nonsense about the rapture is truly only escapism. for They are not going to be here to burn they "demand "? but they will burn for sure and why is that, well because they will reap what they have sown. for they have an ill will for others that they hold. for they have not progressed past that of such carnal malice.
They will not lift a finger to better themselves or others, you see it in their denial and being happy to go with the flow Gay issues etc they promote.
Not to mention they claim they do not Sin ! or it's covered regardless ? So no worries, they have a get out of purgatory free card !
They live their life for the end of times in fact !

What Did Jesus promote, was it escapism !

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the Opening Post.

Because gutless people are typical, they want everything done for them in fact, that's what i have seen with such people who desire end of times and that nonsense about the rapture is truly only escapism. for They are not going to be here to burn they "demand "? but they will burn for sure and why is that, well because they will reap what they have sown. for they have an ill will for others that they hold. for they have not progressed past that of such carnal malice.
They will not lift a finger to better themselves or others, you see it in their denial and being happy to go with the flow Gay issues etc they promote.
Not to mention they claim they do not Sin ! or it's covered regardless ? So no worries, they have a get out of purgatory free card !
They live their life for the end of times in fact !

What Did Jesus promote, was it escapism !
Hello Reggie, thank you for sharing some of your thoughts on this particulae issue.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at this planet through God's eyes? What do you see?
It's getting close to Hell on Earth! When Islam totally erupts ...

Matthew 24
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.

Revelation 20
Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's getting close to Hell on Earth! When Islam totally erupts ...

Matthew 24
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.

Revelation 20
Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Radical extreme Islam is certainly a danger. They despise Christians, and consider the only good Christian is a dead one. But God is merciful, and there are thousands of Muslims coming to Christ throughout the world. They come to Jesus not so much as a result of evangelism, but through dreams and visions telling them that God has a Son, and His name is Isa. They are told that they have been lied to regarding the Bible and it's message. When they then secretly read the scriptures, the holy spirit gives them understanding and they embrace the truth, and many are now risking their own lives by street preaching in places like Riyadh, Damascus, and Gaza. Islam isn't the enemy.

Reactions: Jack

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting juxtaposition here.
KJV Titus 2:11-14
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

KJV 2 Peter 3:11-12
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. It is the privilege of every Christian not only to look for but to hasten the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, (2 Peter 3:12, margin). Were all who profess His name bearing fruit to His glory, how quickly the whole world would be sown with the seed of the gospel. Quickly the last great harvest would be ripened, and Christ would come to gather the precious grain. {COL 69}

KJV 2 Peter 3:13-14
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

KJV Hebrews 11:9-10, 15-16
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God......
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun.
Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun:

I saw the tears of the oppressed—
and they have no comforter;
power was on the side of their oppressors—
and they have no comforter.
And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person’s envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
(Excerpts from Ecclesiastes)

Or, "Life's a bitch, and then you die". And "escaping to Heaven when you die" doesn't make it go away; it's still going on back here for your children and your children's children and your children's children's children. Maybe we're tired of the suffering and meaninglessness and death.

Reactions: Brakelite

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A world that has been reconciled to God.
Is still in the process of being reconciled to God. The Greek verb forms in 2 Corinthians 5:19 is of an action that began in the past and is still ongoing. This is confirmed by verse 20 in which Paul describes his vocation as begging people to be reconciled to God. Reconciliation in a relationship requires actions by both parties. Which is probably why Jesus tarries - our mission here is not yet complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is still in the process of being reconciled to God. The Greek verb forms in 2 Corinthians 5:19 is of an action that began in the past and is still ongoing. This is confirmed by verse 20 in which Paul describes his vocation as begging people to be reconciled to God. Reconciliation in a relationship requires actions by both parties. Which is probably why Jesus tarries - our mission here is not yet complete.
That is your opinion.

My belief comes from,

how that God was in Christ -- a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

He by His Son has done it for all people.

People who tend to see Jesus has yet to come back, may see as this has not been completed.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who tend to see Jesus has yet to come back, may see as this has not been completed.
The reason I see it as not yet complete is because Reconciliation means restoration of the relationship. Relationship by definition involves more than one party. The 2 Corinthians 5:19-20 verses I quoted are saying that God has done His part - and now it is our job as Christ's Ambassadors to facilitate restoring others' broken relationships with God. And apparently He ain't ready to close the book on the rest of the world yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG