Why do people desire for the end times to be for today? Serious Inquirey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Barney

The line in the sand would be the spirit.

Can a person love?
And does the doctrine they are looking into - start to cause non-agape love.

People (myself) can be very stern, i dont mean to try to be mean or mock or insult anyone, if i do thats my flesh and not the spirit.

Challenge is what all people need, it makes them think, critcally.

But normally for some on forums it becomes a knife wielding battle to the death, and non love forms.

Thats what all of us by the spirit should try to avoid.

Well sinse scripture comes from the mouth of God I would expect it to be founded in Agape love, because God is love.

I would also expect it to be a truthful presentation, as he is Truth.

Furthermore one should expect it to point to Jesus who is the way, the truth, and the life.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians want to see this EVIL world come to it's end!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The line in the sand would be the spirit.

Honestly, I don't know how to make this work because everyone claims to be led by the Spirit.

We can't even agree on what/Who the spirit/Spirit is.

We argue over whether it is the gifts or the fruit of the Spirit that is more important.

Again, I'm thinking practically here.

How do I know when a person's input can be trusted to be seen as one that should be considered above the many that clamor for our attention?

I believe all of this hinges directly on the character of God.

What do we believe about who God is, literally as a Person?

And where do we find that featured fundamentally in Scripture?

Agape love also is not a feeling.

Its just a straight up action

Agape is self-sacrificing, other-centered devotion. It is more like a commitment to the true good of another, sparing nothing in the pursuit of that good. It is not just the outworking of an inward principle. In a sense, it is both.

Again, it pertains to the very character of God.

Christ had to pay the equivalent of the final penalty for the sin of the world (there are soteriological nuances to this that are not practical to discuss here).

We have no idea what that was like for Him.

Again, this love, as it exists in God, is described pointedly in more than one instance in the Bible, but folks tend to restrict it to the account of Calvary given in the four gospels, and it is usually given mere lip service while rushing to move on to one of the epistles where all of the battles over doctrine are waged. :)

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't know how to make this work because everyone claims to be led by the Spirit.

We can't even agree on what/Who the spirit/Spirit is.

We argue over whether it is the gifts or the fruit of the Spirit that is more important.

Again, I'm thinking practically here.

How do I know when a person's input can be trusted to be seen as one that should be considered above the many that clamor for our attention?

I believe all of this hinges directly on the character of God.

What do we believe about who God is, literally as a Person?

And where do we find that featured fundamentally in Scripture?

Agape is self-sacrificing, other-centered devotion. It is more like a commitment to the true good of another, sparing nothing in the pursuit of that good. It is not just the outworking of an inward principle. In a sense, it is both.

Again, it pertains to the very character of God.

Christ had to pay the equivalent of the final penalty for the sin of the world (there are soteriological nuances to this that are not practical to discuss here).

We have no idea what that was like for Him.

Again, this love, as it exists in God, is described pointedly in more than one instance in the Bible, but folks tend to restrict it to the account of Calvary given in the four gospels, and it is usually given mere lip service while rushing to move on to one of the epistles where all of the battles over doctrine are waged. :)
Cool. Thank you for your thoughts. This is after all just a forum site, with christian in the title.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just now thinking about how thrilled Peter must have been at the thought of seeing his beloved Master and Friend again. I'd love to see that reunion myself. I once saw an angel. I'd like to see him (it?). He was probably assigned to me so we'd have lots to talk about. One really nice thing about Jesus's return will be the expanse of eternity ahead with no unnecessary time limits to encumber us so we don't have to worry about who we're going to visit with first, etc.

And then, of course, there's all the things we'll have to do with our time. I can imagine Jesus showing me how to do carpenter work as He sings hymns softly and tells me how much He loves me, personally. Of course, family and friends will be there, too, so I wouldn't hog him all to myself.

There's no night there, so we could take tours of the city that last for days on end—140k square miles worth!

Yeah, so don't get me started - lol. :)
Isn't this the whole thing? We want to be with Jesus because we love Him.
Who here does not want to be with someone they love, that has done so much for them?
This desire to be with Him should extend to us wanting our loved ones, and others to be with Him as well. We need to ask the Lord to impress His Spirit upon them.

Rev 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." ( not forced)

He died so all could be saved--yes--anyone--whosoever. But there will be those who just don't want to be saved , and they won't be. God is not in Heaven licking His chops, waiting to destroy those who don't want to be with Him.

Also not everyone is eternal. Eternal life is a gift.
"...that whosoever believeth on Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."
It is conditional.
Jesus saved us from the 2nd death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't this the whole thing? We want to be with Jesus because we love Him.
Who here does not want to be with someone they love, that has done so much for them?
This desire to be with Him should extend to us wanting our loved ones, and others to be with Him as well. We need to ask the Lord to impress His Spirit upon them.

Rev 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." ( not forced)

He died so all could be saved--yes--anyone--whosoever. But there will be those who just don't want to be saved , and they won't be. God is not in Heaven licking His chops, waiting to destroy those who don't want to be with Him.

Also not everyone is eternal. Eternal life is a gift.
"...that whosoever believeth on Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."
It is conditional.
Jesus saved us from the 2nd death.

Cassandra,

What do you mean that not everyone is eternal? Just asking as I agree with a lot of what you say.

Just throwing this out there when life is conceived in the womb, a child is born, and it seems that when the first birth is taken a soul is given - which is made in the image of God and that does go forward even if a person doesn't want anything to do with God.

Most people just believe you die and you go in the ground which is true this vessel we have dies, but the soul of individuals are never said to - become nonexistent.

I do get that not everyone has eternal life - which is building on the spiritual rewards going towards God, but Jesus said he would resurrect both just and unjust - those who do not have eternal life.

Just wondering, you dont have to answer if you don't want to either.
Matthew

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cassandra,

What do you mean that not everyone is eternal? Just asking as I agree with a lot of what you say.

Just throwing this out there when life is conceived in the womb, a child is born, and it seems that when the first birth is taken a soul is given - which is made in the image of God and that does go forward even if a person doesn't want anything to do with God.

Most people just believe you die and you go in the ground which is true this vessel we have dies, but the soul of individuals are never said to - become nonexistent.

I do get that not everyone has eternal life - which is building on the spiritual rewards going towards God, but Jesus said he would resurrect both just and unjust - those who do not have eternal life.

Just wondering, you dont have to answer if you don't want to either.
Matthew
"I do get that not everyone has eternal life "

First all, you do realize that you are a spirit that lives in a body and you have a soul.

The body will die.. sooner or later.

The spirit never dies.

When your body is gone your spirit ...

Well, see what the Holy Bible says. (NASB95)

Ecclesiastes 12:7 then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

And the translation most are familiar with King Jimmy's

Ecclesiastes 12:7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave

So being that you are a spirit... you will never die...

Your body will, and your soul can... ( see Matt 10:28 “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”) But not your spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I do get that not everyone has eternal life "

First all, you do realize that you are a spirit that lives in a body and you have a soul.

The body will die.. sooner or later.

The spirit never dies.

When your body is gone your spirit ...

Well, see what the Holy Bible says. (NASB95)

Ecclesiastes 12:7 then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

And the translation most are familiar with King Jimmy's

Ecclesiastes 12:7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave

So being that you are a spirit... you will never die...

Your body will, and your soul can... ( see Matt 10:28 “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”) But not your spirit.
Hello to you seekinghiswisdom,

Thank you for your interesting take, I agree that our body does die and is buried, and while we are here our soul can become ruined.

So is the soul me inside my body the spirit of man?

Just curious, cause i see the soul as the spirit; but the soul can become ruined, but never destroyed completely cause that soul is God given its what moves this body around?

You know? Am i the soul named Matthew or am i the spirit named Matthew thats what im confused about.

Thank you,
Matthew

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you seekinghiswisdom,

Thank you for your interesting take, I agree that our body does die and is buried, and while we are here our soul can become ruined.

So is the soul me inside my body the spirit of man?

Just curious, cause i see the soul as the spirit; but the soul can become ruined, but never destroyed completely cause that soul is God given its what moves this body around?

You know? Am i the soul named Matthew or am i the spirit named Matthew thats what im confused about.

Thank you,
Matthew
Hi Matthew,

No, the soul within you are separate from tyour spirit.

Our God is a triune God. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Likewise we are triune beings... most likely created this way when God said "Let us make man, in OUR image"

I could be wrong on that... it is merely a surmise of mine.

Never the less, there is biblical support for man being 3 parts.

Even from Paul in 1 Thes 5:23 when he said...:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

SPIRIT AND SOUL AND BODY.

3 parts.

Every living person and all those who have gone before us know we all have/had a body. That is never questioned.

Many of those have heard that we also have a soul.

Few have ever heard that we not only have a spirit, but we are spirits.

From the link: The 3 Parts of Man—Spirit, Soul, and Body
The human spirit is the deepest part of a person. By means of this innermost part, we can contact God in the spiritual realm. No other creature was created by God with this third part.

Now let’s read the next section of the note, which explains our soul:

“The soul is our very self (cf. Matt. 16:26; Luke 9:25), a medium between our spirit and our body, possessing self-consciousness, that we may have our personality.”
Our soul perceives things in the psychological realm. In fact, in Greek—the original language of the New Testament—the word for soul is psuche, which is also the root word of psychology.

Our soul is our personality, who we are. With our soul we think, reason, consider, remember, and wonder. We experience emotions like happiness, love, sorrow, anger, relief, and compassion. And we’re able to resolve, choose, and make decisions.

Now let’s read the next section about our body and how our three parts are related:

“The body as our external part is the outer organ, possessing world-consciousness, that we may contact the material world. The body contains the soul, and the soul is the vessel that contains the spirit.”
Our body exists in and contacts the tangible things of the material world using our five physical senses. The body is the visible, external part of our being, and it contains the soul. Our soul is the vessel containing our spirit.

Lastly, and admittedly can be a bit confusing.

“In the spirit, God as the Spirit dwells; in the soul, our self dwells; and in the body, the physical senses dwell. God sanctifies us, first, by taking possession of our spirit through regeneration (John 3:5-6); second, by spreading Himself as the life-giving Spirit from our spirit into our soul to saturate and transform our soul (Rom. 12:2; 2 Cor. 3:18); and last, by enlivening our mortal body through our soul (Rom. 8:11, 13) and transfiguring our body by His life power (Phil. 3:21).”
God’s intention concerning us is that we would contain and express Him. But to express God, we need to be filled with Him. When we believed in Jesus Christ, we received Him and were regenerated, or born again, in our spirit. But He doesn’t want to only fill our spirit. That’s just the beginning.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 tells us, “The God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly.” He sanctifies us by spreading into and saturating our whole being, starting from our spirit, continuing into our soul, and eventually including our body. By being wholly filled with God in every part of our being, God can be expressed through us.

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?

THIS IS SAYING THAT YOU ARE MATHEW, THE SPIRIT... God given from birth.

AND YOU LIVE IN A BODY AND YOU HAVE A SOUL.

IOW YOUR SPIRIT AND YOUR SOUL LIVE IN A BODY.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians want to see this EVIL world come to it's end!
I would not call them real Christians tho, but more like just dupes ! gutless dupes ! who can not stand up for Christ Jesus, why ? because they are lacking.

When one is truly born again, then one has the power to move mountains ! Ok understand that, for one is of God ? That's the Key ! for without what Christ Jesus has given you is the real issue. one can prevail against this world that is Full of Delusions and Deceptions.

Do not be deceived !
For when Christ Jesus comes it's the same deal regardless, you have to stand up in Christ Jesus. the only deal with the second coming is that the deceptions and delusions will be all burnt up, so such will not exist to tempt you in fact, but one will have to stand up in Christ Jesus in fact. For he must live within you ? for if he does not live within, your not his !

Remember that God spoke to Saul ? Did he speak to you ? He did to me !
Now look at Paul, what did he do ? what should we do ? Stand up just as Paul !

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not call them real Christians tho, but more like just dupes ! gutless dupes ! who can not stand up for Christ Jesus, why ? because they are lacking.

When one is truly born again, then one has the power to move mountains ! Ok understand that, for one is of God ? That's the Key ! for without what Christ Jesus has given you is the real issue. one can prevail against this world that is Full of Delusions and Deceptions.

Do not be deceived !
For when Christ Jesus comes it's the same deal regardless, you have to stand up in Christ Jesus. the only deal with the second coming is that the deceptions and delusions will be all burnt up, so such will not exist to tempt you in fact, but one will have to stand up in Christ Jesus in fact. For he must live within you ? for if he does not live within, your not his !

Remember that God spoke to Saul ? Did he speak to you ? He did to me !
Now look at Paul, what did he do ? what should we do ? Stand up just as Paul !
You don't want to see this MESS end???

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't want to see this MESS end???
No !
Why, No ! well because idiots have created it all and i know the way out of such, for all we have to do is follow Christ Jesus, for if you are truly born again you have a future.
Christ Jesus comes into us and leads us ?
For if we have not Christ Jesus within us we are Slaves to Sin and dupes for this world ? That is full of deceptions and delusions. For That is the problem.
What did Paul do ? did he lay about waiting for the 2ed coming by doing nothing ? why wright a thing then ?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The cowards way out is to lead the slippery slope, but that in fact is the hard way.
The true way is you put the Yoke on and don't go against the pricks.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No !
Why, No ! well because idiots have created it all and i know the way out of such, for all we have to do is follow Christ Jesus, for if you are truly born again you have a future.
Christ Jesus comes into us and leads us ?
For if we have not Christ Jesus within us we are Slaves to Sin and dupes for this world ? That is full of deceptions and delusions. For That is the problem.
What did Paul do ? did he lay about waiting for the 2ed coming by doing nothing ? why wright a thing then ?
So you want this slaughtering to continue!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These are signs of the return of Jesus. That's what I want, His return! Is that "Carnal"?
Jesus will return and FIGHT for Israel. PITY Israel's enemies.
I think it's all been clearly orchestrated by Biden and Co. nothing to do with God at all !
It's all been set in motion Politically in fact ! For the ends of the NWO !

Socialism is set too win ! why because Conservatives have been forced out for years of the Right wing.

In Australia such has taken place full on, as our major right wing party could of easy of won with the numbers with the help of other Conservative Party's. not to mention they have undermined the Conservatives within their own Party, the major right wing Party hates the Conservatives so much, that they will go to any lengths and fall on their own sword so as to give it to the Left in glee !

Not that the MSM would print any such workings within the Party was taking place under PM Turnbull, life long Party Members were jumping ship or pushed out with outright tricks being conducted to undermine them. B Bishop for one as she was set up in fact because she had to much support and power to deal with PM Turncoat. The Socialist moron who bought his way into the Party, with poor peoples money ! that he and Co stole from the USA, for they lost their homes due to him and Co in fact ! Freddy anyone ! This was all hidden by the MSM for if such was exposed this Turncoat would be hung in the street as an enemy of the State ? as he surely is in fact as when he got kicked out, he ran around like the typical moron attacking the major Right wing Party full on ! and still is ! and he is a criminal wealthy Lefty Socialist, who was in bed with the NWO crowed ! Satanic working to undermine the masses, not to mention he is a Jesuit !