Why do some people not like the idea of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doing what the Lords says one must do to be saved is... narrow thinking?

Did you tell the Lord He was a "narrow thinker"???

Romans 10:9,10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

What matters is the the LORD says in His Word!

Anybody that has not done what Romans 10:9,10 says has not yet been born again.

Why argue against what God said?

You might want to go ahead and do that with the Lord to make sure you are actually born again!
Add John 3, 4 5 and 6 to the mix

You can;t read these passages about being born again, recieving eternal life. And think salvation could be lost

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot one (although there are many)

OSAS is seen as calvinistic. And the hate again calvinism is so great that you will never believe anything they say
Not so on your last phrase. I certainly believe what they say in part if they speak the truth in part and I understand what they are saying. It is like all of the Christians in the various denominations. They along with me may all be in error in part, but hopefully they...that is 'we' are walking toward God and are becoming more like Him. Consider Paul's words which seeming included himself:
1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Reactions: Azim

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so on your last phrase. I certainly believe what they say in part if they speak the truth in and I understand what they are saying. It is like all of the Christians in the various denominations. They along with me may all be in error in part, but hopefully they...that is 'we' are walking toward God and are becoming more like Him. Consider Paul's words which seeming included himself:
1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Ihave seen it.. On both sides of the discussion *calvin vs arminian”

but for the most part. I think you are right.

Reactions: amadeus

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot, by an act of our own will, undo that which only God could do in the first place.

Did the Lord do Romans 10:9,10 in your behalf and you just sat there and watched?

YOU must receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, believing in your heart and confess Him as Lord with your mouth to be saved... the Lord does not do this for people because He created man in His Own Image meaning... man has free will.
Say the magic words to be saved? Hocus pocus. Salvation by works.

Will you be giving Romans 10:9,10 the Benjamin Franklin treatment and cutting that passage out of your bible because you believe the Lord somehow allowed a LIE to be put in His Word??? :Oh no:
That sounds contradictory.

I might... to those that don't know much about what's in God's Word.

Titus 2:11-13
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Calvin said

Was that before or after he was having people murdered for not agreeing with his false doctrine?

By calvin's own writings he was an un repentant murderer... Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 all murderers shall have their part in the lake of fire, so John Calvin is in hell right now based on what he wrote saying he had no regrets about having people murdered (which makes him a murderer!)

He's a false teacher so not sure why people cannot read God's Word for themselves rather than reading it thru the lens of a murderer! Weird!

According to Calvin... God predetermines to save some people and the others will be sent to eternal death (some say damned)

Too bad you did not read those verses I posted that prove this is false.

Besides... if you believe the false teachings of this murderer, how do YOU know you aren't one of the ones God decided there is no salvation for and He has appointed you to burn in hell for all eternity?

Those that idolize John Calvin don't know if they are actually saved... or not!
the osas doctrine is a means to avoid the nuances an contexts of the Scriptures

Exactly, they have to hide behind some guy's teachings that goes around having people wracked like a mob boss for not agreeing with his false doctrine!

John Calvin was the mafia don of Geneva! :imp:
I do believe they can leave willingly.

Exactly. Man has free will and if one decide to put serving their sin before serving the Lord... they are out!

this is the "P" on the TULIP.

When they teach God preserves some people so they go to Heaven even if they turn away from the Lord and live in sin after the flesh... it's false doctrine and is in opposition to the Lord.

OSAS is seen as calvinistic.

That's where the OSAS heresy came from.... calvin got it from augustine who was a pagan philosopher who just played like he was a Christian when rome tried making Christianity it's state religion and watered it down with pagan teachings.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Limited Atonement is FALSE

The Father sovereignly decided to make man in His own Image which is why all men have free will. He said in His Word than we are predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29), and we are to be followers of God as dear children (Ephesians 5:1)

God's Word says man is without excuse (Romans 1:20), the grace that brings salvation has come upon all men (Titus 2:11-13)

God's Word says it's not God's will that any perish and He wants all to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), and He has commanded men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30)

Jesus said if He be lifted up He would draw all men until Himself (John 12:32), and Jesus has tasted of death for every man (Hebrews 2:9)

In light of all these scriptures, we can say for sure that limited atonement taught by John Calvin is false doctrine and is in opposition to what God says.

These scripture passages can be seen below...

Romans 8:29,30
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children

Romans 1:19-21
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Titus 2:11,12
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can;t read these passages about being born again, recieving eternal life. And think salvation could be lost

Sure I can... because God's Word teaches that we CAN actually lose our salvation!

Those that accept the whole counsel of God know this because they see the warnings from the Lord and they love the Lord so they accept what He says

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Lord do Romans 10:9,10 in your behalf and you just sat there and watched?

YOU must receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, believing in your heart and confess Him as Lord with your mouth to be saved... the Lord does not do this for people because He created man in His Own Image meaning... man has free will.
For I have been saved by GRACE through faith

doing those things did not save me, Gods grace did. Based on the cross.
Will you be giving Romans 10:9,10 the Benjamin Franklin treatment and cutting that passage out of your bible because you believe the Lord somehow allowed a LIE to be put in His Word??? :Oh no:

I might... to those that don't know much about what's in God's Word.

Titus 2:11-13

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Was that before or after he was having people murdered for not agreeing with his false doctrine?

By calvin's own writings he was an un repentant murderer... Jesus said in Revelation 21:8 all murderers shall have their part in the lake of fire, so John Calvin is in hell right now based on what he wrote saying he had no regrets about having people murdered (which makes him a murderer!)

He's a false teacher so not sure why people cannot read God's Word for themselves rather than reading it thru the lens of a murderer! Weird!
You just proved my point.. People will rejecty eternal security, because of this very act
Too bad you did not read those verses I posted that prove this is false.
Oh I read them, They do not prove what you claim.
Besides... if you believe the false teachings of this murderer, how do YOU know you aren't one of the ones God decided there is no salvation for and He has appointed you to burn in hell for all eternity?
Paul was a murderer. As was Abraham, and OSAs and King david

should we ignore all their teachings also?
Those that idolize John Calvin don't know if they are actually saved... or not!

Exactly, they have to hide behind some guy's teachings that goes around having people wracked like a mob boss for not agreeing with his false doctrine!

John Calvin was the mafia don of Geneva! :imp:

Exactly. Man has free will and if one decide to put serving their sin before serving the Lord... they are out!

When they teach God preserves some people so they go to Heaven even if they turn away from the Lord and live in sin after the flesh... it's false doctrine and is in opposition to the Lord.

That's where the OSAS heresy came from.... calvin got it from augustine who was a pagan philosopher who just played like he was a Christian when rome tried making Christianity it's state religion and watered it down with pagan teachings.
Actually, eternal security came from the word.

But hey, if you want to promote self. Feel free.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure I can... because God's Word teaches that we CAN actually lose our salvation!
No you can;t. Because for Thats to be true, Jesus lied.

Is Jesus a liar
Those that accept the whole counsel of God know this because they see the warnings from the Lord and they love the Lord so they accept what He says
God does not contradict himself. Nor is he a liar.

You can make him be one, but that just shows you follow a false God who has no power to tell the truth, let alone have power to save

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying, but there are always circumstances that merit a proper judgment from the Lord with the Lord's great intelligence and wisdom. Man is incapable of judging properly. I think putting the judgment you use on one person to all people is a little juvenile in method and warrants more insight into peoples lives, struggles, trials. etc..

There is a reason we are told not to judge, we are both unworthy to judge others and we are not God with his infinite knowledge and wisdom. We can judge what is right for ourselves by what God has taught us. But when we judge others we better be sure we are living perfectly or that judgment will fall upon ourselves. That is what the bible teaches.

Also I think anyone that the Lord has appointed as judge of his brothers and sisters (like he did for only the apostles) better take their direction directly from God.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doing what the Lords says one must do to be saved is... narrow thinking?

Did you tell the Lord He was a "narrow thinker"???

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

What matters is the the LORD says in His Word!

hy argue against what God said?

You might want to go ahead and do that with the Lord to make sure you are actually born again!
You are a broken record. I've talked to people who said you can't receive the Holy Spirit without laying on of hands and had to prove them wrong. You are stuck on one verse. I've seen people get saved just by saying" if you are there save me." Done. If you cannot believe in imputation of salvation you have never talked to Jesus. He is the author of salvation, not you.

Reactions: Debp

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I have been saved by GRACE through faith

doing those things did not save me, Gods grace did. Based on the cross.

So you have decided to NOT follow the Lord's instructions concerning getting born again???
Paul was a murderer. As was Abraham, and OSAs and King david

should we ignore all their teachings also?

They REPENTED and turned away from their sin... unlike your boy calvin who was happy to have people murdered and said he not only had no regrets but would gladly do it again.

Your boy Johnny Calvin is in the fires of hell right now!
There is a reason we are told not to judge

Actually go read ALL of what Jesus said about judging.... He ends that talk with commanding us to judge a righteous judgement.

The way to do that is to go by ALL of what God says... and this is why OSAS is false doctrine and exposing it as such is not "juvenile" at all. It's simply reading more than just a select few happy verses.

better take their direction directly from God.

This is why we should believe the whole counsel of God on this subject and not just a few select happy verses.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen people get saved just by saying" if you are there save me

Really???

They did not even call upon the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ?

That's not what God's Word says....

Acts 4:10-13
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually go read ALL of what Jesus said about judging.... He ends that talk with commanding us to judge a righteous judgement.
I have read the scriptures and know them pretty well. I know that only God is good. So are we righteous enough to judge.

And what does a child's judgment accomplish? God can save a soul and also destroy one with his judgment. Exactly what does a child's judgment do, befriend people we like, or shun or shame people we don't? We are to preach to the sinners as Jesus did. So we must not shame or shun them.

We can judge what behavior is right or wrong for us according to the bible or the direction of the Holy Ghost. But judging others is risky business according to the bible.

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really???

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

This isn't the world according to Big Boy. Jesus is in charge and He can save anyone the way He sees fit. He is God.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really???

Luke 1:37- For with God nothing will be impossible.

Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can judge what behavior is right or wrong for us according to the bible or the direction of the Holy Ghost. But judging others is risky business according to the bible.

And yet Jesus commands us to judge a righteous judgement.

This simply mean go by what the Lord says in His Word.

This isn't the world according to Big Boy. Jesus is in charge and He can save anyone the way He sees fit. He is God.

You know, I've heard about those that believe the Lord does not actually mean what He says or says what He means... freaky bunch of characters these folks are indeed!

Here's a great example of looking at all of what God says concerning any subject

Did you know God Himself says there it one thing it's impossible for Him to do???

He said He cannot lie! This is why those scriptures I posted at TRUE

Hebrews 6:18
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that He should lie

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been made new, I am a new creation. The old has gone. There is no more old me.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Exactly... unless one does not separate themselves from the world anc continues in sin or goes back to living in sin.

Those that do that are NOT accepted by the Lord!

2 Corinthians 6:16,17
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people....Therefore come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (in the OT see: Exodus 29:45-46, Ezekiel 37:27)

The Father's purpose for creating mankind was / is to be with us, and share Himself with us!
(see: 2 Corinthians 6:16,17, Ezekiel 37:27, Leviticus 26:12, Zechariah 2:10-11, Psalms 68:17-18, Isaiah 12:6, Psalm 46:4-7, Revelations 21:3, Luke 1:68, John 1:10-14, Ephesians 2:7)