Why do some people not like the idea of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fillan

Feb 12, 2023
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That means the Holy Spirit liveth and abideth forever in our hearts/ spirit.
Hello! Good to meet you. Uk (Scotland) here too.

Maybe this verse is relevant:

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (Ephesians 4:32).

I once heard a speaker talk about having an attitude of gratitude. Because God has forgiven us in Christ we should forgive one another. Because God has shown us mercy, we should be merciful. We love because he first loved us. Whoever has been forgiven much loves much. God Bless You :)

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Good to meet you. Uk (Scotland) here too.

Maybe this verse is relevant:

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (Ephesians 4:32).

I once heard a speaker talk about having an attitude of gratitude. Because God has forgiven us in Christ we should forgive one another. Because God has shown us mercy, we should be merciful. We love because he first loved us. Whoever has been forgiven much loves much. God Bless You :)
Amen!!...Beautifully said and of course Gods truth...I know these words were meant for, thank you Lord and agree 100% ..

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think Gods word says, those who don’t talk in tongues, aren’t Born Again, I thought tongues was a gift I don’t believe it’s a requirement do you?
There's a TV preacher,realtor, in Philadelphia who teaches the holiness doctrine.
One thing he states with regularity is,if you don't speak in tongues you're not born again and holy Spirit filled.

He's quite a character. Not long ago he bought a gorgeous former Catholic Church and its campus straight cash, via donations by the church.

Before the church entered to make it their official church they removed all of the gorgeous stained glass windows. Exodus 20:4

And,for whatever reason, the gorgeous giant organ in the balcony. Brass pipes, polished wood.
I guess God forbids organ music?

The women cover their heads with a veil even out of church ,though the pastor says that is not mandatory in their attire.

I first happened on his sermons when he was debating Farrakahns Islam members.
He wiped the floor with every one of them who dared meet his challenge. Prove Islam is not a false religion.

Reactions: Ritajanice

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The matter really is simple...

Rom 3:24-25
24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness
for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
KJV

Our 1st belief on Jesus Christ and our baptism is about "the remission of sins that are past"! That means sins we committed PRIOR to believing on Jesus Christ.

What about future sins we as believers may commit?

That... is the subject which Apostle John covers in 1 John 1. We are to repent... of FUTURE SINS we may discover that we do, and ask Jesus forgiveness. That is about keeping our WALK with Jesus by doing that. And John even says there, if we say we have no sin, we make Jesus a liar.

What then does OSAS teach instead?

In the extreme view of OSAS, it falsely teaches that the believer cannot sin anymore, ever. In other words, just go ahead and live your life, because all... future sin we may commit has already been forgiven by Lord Jesus's Blood shed upon His cross. WHAT?!? Wait a minute... didn't Apostle Paul reveal in that Romans 3 Scripture above that our first belief on Jesus only covers our sins that happened in the past up to the point of our first belief? YEAH! Paul did say that!

WHY... in the world then, would some preacher instead push the LIE that we as believers on Jesus Christ can never commit a sin again? Apostle Paul even said one that is dead is freed from sin (Romans 6:7). Why would Paul say that? It's simply because while we are in this flesh, we will always... fall short of the glory of God! We will still slip up at times, mainly because our fleshy desires and wants causes it. And if you don't think Apostle Paul knew this, then you should study Romans 7.

Satan wants us to think we don't need to watch and check ourselves for future sin. "Don't worry about it", is his motto. Thus the OSAS doctrine really is a doctrine of the devil, even though there's many illiterate country preachers out there that teach it, not understanding the lie they are pushing from the devil.

Phil 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,
work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
KJV

Was Apostle Paul giving that warning working out our salvation "with fear and trembling" because we as believers on Jesus Christ cannot sin anymore?

If you care about your soul brethren, you'll listen to God's Word instead of those deceived preachers.
What about God's word that states this, 4 Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 1John 3

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

If the blood of Jesus purifies is from all sin, lawlessness, how then are we able to sin still? And still say we know him?(1John 3)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you can believe OSAS for life, you will be saved (for believing something).

Let's face it, faith is about commitment, not tangent.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, forgive others... does not mean agreeing with their false doctrine and their opposition to God's Word.

Love... would seek to correct.

No Love... would let people continue being deceived and wouldn't dare say anything to those that are teaching things that are not scriptural

Reactions: Fillan

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know some people like to pass judgments on others that confess to be sinners. This thread is not about that. And I often wonder why people fight the OSAS idea. I also don't believe in OSAS, but I believe in a version that allows for God to save people if he desires.

John 10:28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

I think no one, the devil or man, can snatch God's people out of his hand. But they can reject God by free choice. Let's pray for the sinners that they are given power to overcome sin as well. As God only promotes righteousness in his word.

I'm reminded of the words of Jesus regarding people that would be jealous of God saving sinners:

Luke 18:9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
According to OSAS, someone can do the minimum of what it takes to become saved, then spend the rest of their life actively trying to commit as much sin as they can and they will still be saved even against their will, and this is not in accordance with what the Bible teaches. Our salvation from sin would be incomplete if we were only saved from the penalty of our sin while we continued to be doers of sin, so our salvation from sin must also include being saved from continuing to be doers of sin (Philippians 2:12), which is an aspect of our salvation that we are experiencing in this the present, and which requires obedience continued participation.

In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result, and we are not required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather being trained by grace to do those works is itself the content of the gift of Jesus saving us from not doing those works, which does require our continued participation. Someone who does not continue to participate in that training can’t still considered to be being saved from not doing those works.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also don't believe in OSAS, but I believe in a version that allows for God to save people if he desires.

God's Word teaches that it's His will that ALL men be saved.

1 Timothy 2:4

Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

You're not embracing... universalism are ya?

If not, what do you think is the reason some people don't get saved... God decided to not save them? clueless-scratching.gif

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you promoting an EARNED salvation?

/
No, I specifically denied that it is the case that we are required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result, but rather being trained by grace to do those works is itself the content of God’s gift of saving us from not doing those works.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I specifically denied that it is the case that we are required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result, but rather being trained by grace to do those works is itself the content of God’s gift of saving us from not doing those works.
Not sure if that should be categorized as double-talk, or a circular argument.
Which do you prefer?

/

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to OSAS, someone can do the minimum of what it takes to become saved, then spend the rest of their life actively trying to commit as much sin as they can and they will still be saved even against their will, and this is not in accordance with what the Bible teaches. Our salvation from sin would be incomplete if we were only saved from the penalty of our sin while we continued to be doers of sin, so our salvation from sin must also include being saved from continuing to be doers of sin (Philippians 2:12), which is an aspect of our salvation that we are experiencing in this the present, and which requires obedience continued participation.

In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so we are not required to have first done those works in order to earn our salvation as the result, and we are not required to do those works as the result of having first been saved, but rather being trained by grace to do those works is itself the content of the gift of Jesus saving us from not doing those works, which does require our continued participation. Someone who does not continue to participate in that training can’t still considered to be being saved from not doing those works.
OSAS that you have mentioned is what i have came across such people who do just as you said, and believe that they are Saved but they not Saved at all in fact !
One who boast of such is up the street of me.
He claims he can do anything kill who ever he wants etc and he is Saved regardless ?

OSAS is not what he claims at all in fact !
OSAS is when one is truly born again and Saved. one who is truly Saved abides in Christ Jesus in fact and does not look at people from a carnal position anymore but the problem of the Carnal who is a dupe to this world that is full of deceptions and delusions in fact !

So when one is truly born again you know who Christ Jesus truly is in fact and why it is so, from then on you grow in the light of Christ Jesus and such a one can never go back to the vomit that once was you ? for one serves Christ Jesus now, not Mans works.

One is a false OSAS and the other is the true OSAS ! but Jesus said that this world is full of delusions and deceptions ! get that word Full ? so it's no wonder that such is so.

If one does not possess Grace then one is not worthy of Christ Jesus in fact.

Reactions: dev553344

Fillan

Feb 12, 2023
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OSAS is when one is truly born again and Saved. one who is truly Saved abides in Christ Jesus in fact and does not look at people from a carnal position anymore but the problem of the Carnal who is a dupe to this world that is full of deceptions and delusions in fact !

So when one is truly born again you know who Christ Jesus truly is in fact and why it is so, from then on you grow in the light of Christ Jesus and such a one can never go back to the vomit that once was you ? for one serves Christ Jesus now, not Mans works.
Hello Reggie. I agree with you. As the old hymn says 'I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back!' and as the bible says:
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come.

The challenge in our day when the modern church faces pressure and temptation to water down the gospel, watered down gospels are popular. But a watered down gospel cannot save, it just leads to deluded, unregenerate persons who think they're saved. God Bless You :)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS that you have mentioned is what i have came across such people who do just as you said, and believe that they are Saved but they not Saved at all in fact !
One who boast of such is up the street of me.
He claims he can do anything kill who ever he wants etc and he is Saved regardless ?
That's preposterous.
How can you say such things?

/