Why do we need born again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't called her a Calvinist. There are others who believe in the false doctrine of Original Sin.
You were not discussing origional sin

you were discussing being regenerated before you came to faith. This is calvinism.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. We were obviously dead in trespasses and sin before being born again. But we were not dead in Adam's sin; rather we were dead in our own trespasses and sin (Col 2:13). The spirit God formed in each of us (Zech 12:1) was not dead.
In adam ALL die

You are part of all..

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't believe Paul. OK.
In adam all die

even so in christ all shall be made alive

we were dead when we were born. In adam. we eventually commited our own sin, and deserved death.

God did that so he could put us all in christ. (those who believe)

Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, thanks.

There is no such thing as a “sin GENE”.

Seed is the Key.

1 Cor 15:
[38] But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

Gen 1 …
Doesn’t matter, tree-KIND, herb-KIND, animal-KIND, man-KIND….each has it’s own SEED within it to Reproduce it’s SAME KIND of thing.

When the tree’s, herb’s, animal’s, man’s, SEED is become CORRUPT, the KIND of thing it Reproduces IS Corrupt.

Trees, Herbs, Animals CAN NOT SIN….
However manKIND, is naturally born IN SIN, can and does Continue to SIN, Can hear, learn, about HOW TO be forgiven their SIN…
Can consider, ponder, wonder, believe or reject they have sin, or IF they want to accept Gods Offering to be forgiven their sin, or Not.

SEEDS are the key, and WHY you discuss SEEDS and not a man made deflective term of “sin gene”.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born dead. In adam.

That's not in the word of God EG. Those are your words. You misunderstand his words, and because you do, you assign your own alternative meaning to what he said. You neither understand him, nor can you explain yourself.

Do you listen to yourself? "I was born dead." "in adam" -- it sounds like a line from a B rated movie. People say all kinds of stupid things like that, believing it's some special kind of Christian code-speak. It's not. It's play-acting.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not in the word of God EG. Those are your words. You misunderstand his words, and because you do, you assign your own alternative meaning to what he said

. You neither understand him, nor can you explain yourself.
I disagree with you there...he speaks Gods truth...imo...we all make mistakes at times, that’s how we learn...if we have our ears open and are listening.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, which you have just voiced as have I.
Do you listen to yourself? "I was born dead." "in adam" -- it sounds like a line from a B rated movie. People say all kinds of stupid things like that, believing it's some special kind of Christian code-speak. It's not. It's play-acting.
To be honest, I don’t think he meant dead...he meant spiritually dead..slip of the tongue maybe?

I’ve done it myself...birthed in the Spirit...it’s not biblical.

To me it means Spirit gives birth to spirit...that’s biblical.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with you there...he speaks Gods truth...imo...we all make mistakes at times, that’s how we learn...if we have our ears open and are listening.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, which you have just voiced as have I.

To be honest, I don’t think he meant dead...he meant spiritually dead..slip of the tongue maybe?

I’ve done it myself...birthed in the Spirit...it’s not biblical.

To me it means Spirit gives birth to spirit...that’s biblical.

Just to be clear, I was pointing out that he was speaking nonsense and you are refuting that by contending that he didn't mean what he said.

-- that it was 'a slip of the tongue.' That's not a very persuasive defense.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic @Eternally Grateful. I think ultimately God chooses who is born again. But we should be doing are part that he chooses us for that. And I do believe baptism is important as the apostles also taught that.

• Sad
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God just picked you out of all the people on this earth and regenerated you for no apparent reason? I don't think so. In order to believe that you must be the most narcissist person in the whole world.

He should have picked Hitler too. That would have saved millions from untold misery and terrible deaths.
The leaning is towards a PREDESTINATION belief and a lack of spiritual understanding.

Ppl deny being calvinistic yet cling to his erroneous teaching with both fists and a darkened heart, taking correction by the word of God as a personal insult!.

Reactions: JBO

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t let him pull your strings, He is trying to call you a calvinist..
She holds to some of his teachings. @JBO is right in calling it out. To claim GOD CHOOSES and we have no choice nor need of the word to stir our faith in belief, is error and if you are blind to that which has been said in multiple threads.....oh well.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No one chooses to become Born Again...and I will call those out who claim such a thing.

God chooses who become Born Again by his seed.

We have no say in the matter.

Show me where you chose to become Born Again....?1

Please don’t tell me I hold to Calvin teaching...I hold to God teachings...now you prove me wrong..you don’t have to quote me, just use the reply in the box.

Tell me how you chose to be Born Again of imperishable seed?

How did you choose and accept that?

Becoming Born Again is a supernatural act of God...Spirit gives birth to spirit....how can you choose that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In adam all die

even so in christ all shall be made alive
That is 1 Corinthians 15:22. And that is speaking of physical death and then the resurrection at the end of the age when Christ returns.
we were dead when we were born. In adam. we eventually commited our own sin, and deserved death.

God did that so he could put us all in christ. (those who believe)
That's nuts and it presents God as some ogre since He knows and did from before the world began that only a few would believe.

Reactions: Mr E

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is 1 Corinthians 15:22. And that is speaking of physical death and then the resurrection at the end of the age when Christ returns.

That's nuts and it presents God as some ogre since He knows and did from before the world began that only a few would believe.
I asked you in another post...what needs to come Alive in us?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a “sin GENE”.

Seed is the Key.

1 Cor 15:
[38] But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

Gen 1 …
Doesn’t matter, tree-KIND, herb-KIND, animal-KIND, man-KIND….each has it’s own SEED within it to Reproduce it’s SAME KIND of thing.

When the tree’s, herb’s, animal’s, man’s, SEED is become CORRUPT, the KIND of thing it Reproduces IS Corrupt.

Trees, Herbs, Animals CAN NOT SIN….
However manKIND, is naturally born IN SIN, can and does Continue to SIN, Can hear, learn, about HOW TO be forgiven their SIN…
Can consider, ponder, wonder, believe or reject they have sin, or IF they want to accept Gods Offering to be forgiven their sin, or Not.

SEEDS are the key, and WHY you discuss SEEDS and not a man made deflective term of “sin gene”.
That is not where our spirits come from. Our spirits come from God. He doesn't give us dead spirits.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is not where our spirits come from. Our spirits come from God. He doesn't give us dead spirits.
Who said he gave us a dead spirit?

Again, what needs to come Alive in us?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one chooses to become Born Again...and I will call those out who claim such a thing.

God chooses who become Born Again by his seed.

We have no say in the matter.

Show me where you chose to become Born Again....?1

Please don’t tell me I hold to Calvin teaching...I hold to God teachings...now you prove me wrong..you don’t have to quote me, just use the reply in the box.

Tell me how you chose to be Born Again of imperishable seed?

How did you choose and accept that?

How tiresome. "I'll say something obnoxious and silly--- and you waste effort- time and energy proving me wrong."

I think I'd rather do something more productive--- like walking my dogs.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and JBO