Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you and welcome,

Please take a few minutes to read this over and consider the information before posting, thank you so much.

Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?

Satan was an accuser; there is no more Law for you to be accused. Jesus took care of that by fulfilling and those ordinates were nailed to the cross. Satan can not accuse you anymore.

Youre totally responsible for yourself.

You and me both have darkness within us, to hate, to steal, to be greedy, to lust, to lie, and so on so forth. The only solution is the Light ; the light of all mankind.

You have the spirits of the world to deal with, the culture of the world. The spirit of malice, spirit of greed, all of these reside also in the heart of man; and the world feeds lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and for one to be prideful rather than humble.

Satans head was crushed in by the foot of Jesus and done away with thrown in the lake of fire. How is he stealing souls or even active today?

What is active today? Our own lust and temptations that brings forth sin, and beings forth death to the soul (mind/will/emotions), even quenching the spirit for Christian believers. God is faithful though to show you a way out when you are indeed tempted.

However why even believe Satan is around? What benefit is that over complete victory of Christ who ushers a person into adoption by the Father and brings forth new life?

I really dont understand (my beliefs are not a reflection of other peoples beliefs on this forum as everyone is free to believe what they want; but its so much more freeing to accept the victory of Christ as total and not partial).

Anyone who would like to share please feel free.

In the Lord Yeshua Christ,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."
Hello Jack,

Who were the inhabitants at the time that letter was written?

Love you,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who were? John is being shown visions of the future.
Jack

Yes, and thank you for expressing your opinions here on this thread. You are entitled to believe that Satan has yet to be done away with you, or there are future events to come about if you of that matter.

Another question is, where are all the demon possessions like in the first century?

Love to you,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack

Yes, and thank you for expressing your opinions here on this thread. You are entitled to believe that Satan has yet to be done away with you, or there are future events to come about if you of that matter.

Another question is, where are all the demon possessions like in the first century?

Love to you,
Matthew
Which world are you hiding in? Satan is on the rampage!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which world are you hiding in? Satan is on the rampage!
Jack,

Okay. Thank you for expressing your opinion here on this thread. Perhaps others would like to comment at some point in time. Ill be going to bed shortly here as its been a long day. Hope that you have a good night, and there may be no more responses really to communicate here as there is simply little going on.

Love you though, all the best through the worst, in the one whom is the way, the truth and the life, and light of all mankind, Yeshua,

Bye-bye,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack,

Okay. Thank you for expressing your opinion here on this thread. Perhaps others would like to comment at some point in time. Ill be going to bed shortly here as its been a long day. Hope that you have a good night, and there may be no more responses really to communicate here as there is simply little going on.

Love you though, all the best through the worst, in the one whom is the way, the truth and the life, and light of all mankind, Yeshua,

Bye-bye,
Matthew
Stick with the Bible, not opinions. Satan LOVES to hide and convince people he's no longer around! Those who think the Devil isn't around are likely to spend eternity with him in Hell.

1 Peter 5
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith,

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my perspective;

The bible explictly is clear that the devil Satan is and was defeated.

Its really hard to argue against that as its witness from Genesis to Revelation of his defeat.

People may have there opinions even quote other random passages of scripture.

People tend to give in to the devil by traditional express of Man, thinking he is still around when its darkness, and the pressure of the spirits of this world that oppress.

To suggest the bible doesnt express the devil, Satans defeat… is wrong.

If God is for you… who could be against you; with the devil defeated, its not him.

It yourself that can be against yourself.
All of us have darkness that can come from within us… and the only solution is the light of all mankind. Yeshua, looking at his death burial and resuurection, and seeking out in faith his Father Yahava.

Im not asking for a response either if you see this Jack just sharing the perspective which can be freely expressed without fear of objection.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my perspective;

The bible explictly is clear that the devil Satan is and was defeated.

Its really hard to argue against that as its witness from Genesis to Revelation of his defeat.

People may have there opinions even quote other random passages of scripture.

People tend to give in to the devil by traditional express of Man, thinking he is still around when its darkness, and the pressure of the spirits of this world that oppress.

To suggest the bible doesnt express the devil, Satans defeat… is wrong.

If God is for you… who could be against you; with the devil defeated, its not him.

It yourself that can be against yourself.
All of us have darkness that can come from within us… and the only solution is the light of all mankind. Yeshua, looking at his death burial and resuurection, and seeking out in faith his Father Yahava.

Im not asking for a response either if you see this Jack just sharing the perspective which can be freely expressed without fear of objection.
Your perspective is unBiblical. You've been listening to Satan's ministers because you reject the Bible. The NT is filled with warnings that you have chosen to ignore!

2 Corinthians 11
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jack

Your just qouting random passages. Sorry that does not work for me.

You can be hard set against me thats fine. But the bible expresses his defeat in revelation, and in Genesis. If you dont believe its happend thats fine, ill respect you.

However if you do not desire to respect me and my opinion ill take what you gotta say, all
Your doing is just expressing your opinion.

Just as much as myself;

Love to you,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jack

Your just qouting random passages. Sorry that does not work for me.
Like I said, you reject the Christian Bible. You make up your own bible to please yourself. Satan has duped you.
You can be hard set against me thats fine. But the bible expresses his defeat in revelation. If you dont believe its happend thats fine, ill respect you.
No Scripture? I wonder if you've ever read the Bible.
however if you do not desire to respect me and my opinion ill take what you gotta say, all
Your doing is just expressing your opinion.
Scripture is not my opinion. Why would I respect your attacks on the Bible? This has nothing to do with respecting you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack,

Your remarks toward me are simply childish, my assumption is that you enjoy trying to get a rile out if people by simply just interacting with others on here because you find them to be easy targets to get flared up very quickly and it is something that you may seceretly enjoy, however the attempts are very telling snd showing. You know, thats why you are on ignore…I have to unignore you just to see what you write. This why I dont trust you, nor see a need really to interact with this type of behavior, as its not going by the spirit, at least in my opinion, or even allowing freedom for people to believe how they want, its all dogma.

I dont like that… nor really respect that type of mentality at all, because its intentions of not allowing freedom, nor expressing any amount of love towards another individual.

As you make me out to be something that is not true at all, and that is very sad but very telling…

Love you though,
Matthew

Reactions: Mr E

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack,

Your remarks toward me are simply childish, my assumption is that you enjoy trying to get a rile out if people by simply just interacting with others on here because you find them to be easy targets to get flared up very quickly and it is something that you may seceretly enjoy, however the attempts are very telling snd showing. You know, thats why you are on ignore…I have to unignore you just to see what you write. This why I dont trust you, nor see a need really to interact with this type of behavior, as its not going by the spirit, at least in my opinion, or even allowing freedom for people to believe how they want, its all dogma.

I dont like that… nor really respect that type of mentality at all, because its intentions of not allowing freedom, nor expressing any amount of love towards another individual.

As you make me out to be something that is not true at all, and that is very sad but very telling…

Love you though,
Matthew
You don't trust me because I stick with the Christian Bible. Satan has duped you. You avoid the Bible just like Satan does!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack,

I am no longer going to respond to your post.

Its futile. You may have problems that are unknown and that is okay. Thank you for expressing your concerns and opinions.

Love you and hope all the best,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack,

I am no longer going to respond to your post.

Its futile. You may have problems that are unknown and that is okay. Thank you for expressing your concerns and opinions.

Love you and hope all the best,
Matthew
The problem is your rejection of the Christian Bible. But there may be hope for you.

Jude 1
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is anyone else that would like to express their thoughts about the topic above please feel free to go ahead. Not everything has to be handled by the scriptures, however it is encouraged for people to seek out for truth, and to hopefully come to the truth that sets one free of religious bondage, or manipulation of others, or traditions of man. The Spirit is primary and if you are not new to the bible, and have a pretty good grasp, should understand the original post to some degree which expresses what the Bible teaches on Satans defeat.

If you do have questions ill try to answer them. However I may not have all the answers and that will mean its up to you to search and seek out if the Bible does expess his defeat or not.

Thank you so much, and all love in Christ,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Not everything has to be handled by the scriptures"

Clearly Satanic!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promise of the defeat of Satan has been since the very start of Genesis,

Genesis 3:15​

New King James Version​

15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”
Read full chapter
Genesis 3:15 in all English translations
Genesis 2
Genesis 4

Romans 16:20​

New King James Version​

20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
Read full chapter
Romans 16:20 in all English translations
Romans 15
1 Corinthians 1

Ephesians 4:8​

New King James Version​

8 Therefore He says:
“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”
Read full chapter
Ephesians 4:8 in all English translations
Ephesians 3
Ephesians 5

Colossians 2:15​

New King James Version​

15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
Read full chapter
Colossians 2:15 in all English translations
Colossians 1
Colossians 3

Hebrews 2:14-15​

New King James Version​

14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Read full chapter
Hebrews 1
Hebrews 3

1 John 3:8​

New King James Version​

8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
Read full chapter
1 John 3:8 in all English translations
1 John 2
1 John 4

1 John 5:5​

New King James Version​

5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
Read full chapter
1 John 5:5 in all English translations
1 John 4
2 John 1

Revelation 12:7-8​

New King James Version​

Satan Thrown Out of Heaven​

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they [a]did not prevail, nor was a place found for [b]them in heaven any longer.
Read full chapter

Footnotes​

1. Revelation 12:8 were not strong enough
  2. Revelation 12:8 M him
Revelation 11
Revelation 13

Revelation 12:17​

New King James Version​

17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus [a]Christ.
Read full chapter

Footnotes​

1. Revelation 12:17 NU, M omit Christ
Revelation 12:17 in all English translations
Revelation 11
Revelation 13

Revelation 20:1-3​

New King James Version​

Satan Bound 1,000 Years​

20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
Read full chapter
Revelation 19
Revelation 21

Revelation 20:10​

New King James Version​

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[a] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.