Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano,

While ill respect whatever viewpoint one mat have, its been 2000 years, and people become part of the kingdom spritiually today, and if it is true about Jesus to have his enemies put beneth his feet, and God promised to have him done away with.

Why do you, or people in general, need to believe that the “Character in the bible known as Satan to be still around”,

What is the benefit of that?

There people out by human nature today that can accuse; and also harm others, are they not considered oppressers who are in need of Christ?

I have watched countless documentaries on people who murdered there familes, murdered children and murdered there friends.

Are they all demon possessed?

Just curious,
Matthew
Not all of them are possessed but certainly influenced by evil, which is rooted in the demonic realm

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all of them are possessed but certainly influenced by evil, which is rooted in the demonic realm
Rlt63,

Thank you,

Would you say you are evil? Or that you may have a lot of hatred or anger or lust or things like this in your heart before you turned Christian?

Was reading earlier that in day before the flood Lord God saw that mans heart was only evil continually?

Is the only way to have a renewed heart to look to the Lord God?

All the best,
Matthew

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,

John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Thank you. However, I don't believe that "now" meant in that moment. Notice Jesus didn't say "is" or "was" driven out but "will be".

Also, later on, after Jesus's death and resurrection, Paul refers to Satan as the "god of this age" and so it seems that Satan still ruled and, I believe, continues to do so even today, or so I believe, unfortunately.

2 Corinthians 4:4 YLT
4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you say you are evil? Or that you may have a lot of hatred or anger or lust or things like this in your heart before you turned Christian?

Just my opinion but I believe that most people are decent but flawed and struggle with sin. The rest are truly wicked and revel in sin, which is altogether different than struggling with sin.

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just my opinion but I believe that most people are decent but flawed and struggle with sin. The rest are truly wicked and revel in sin, which is altogether different than struggling with sin.
Patrick,

Thank you for your opinion,

All us have some darkness with-in.

All in good faith,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. However, I don't believe that "now" meant in that moment. Notice Jesus didn't say "is" or "was" driven out but "will be".

Also, later on, after Jesus's death and resurrection, Paul refers to Satan as the "god of this age" and so it seems that Satan still ruled and, I believe, continues to do so even today, or so I believe, unfortunately.

2 Corinthians 4:4 YLT
4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;

Patrick,

I understand you have yet to believe it, but these ancient scriptures have been around now for 2000 years nearly,

They are all addressed to certain people in different regions, and they have a context.

Paul also says to the people at Rome that Satan head will be crushed shortly, but i guess that is a lie.

Dont know, its subjective between you and God.

All the best,
Matthew

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rlt63,

Thank you,

Was reading earlier that in day before the flood Lord God saw that mans heart was only evil continually?

Is the only way to have a renewed heart to look to the Lord God?

All the best,
Matthew
Mar 10:18 - And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Reactions: MatthewG

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?
So do you believe that your neighbourhood is actually Christian?

A world where the devil and his minions have been kicked out of would show in how non Christians behave and in what they believe.

So crime is falling, lgtb is not being promoted in your schools, atheism a belief that is in sharp decline.

Face facts, reality the opposite of these is what is happening.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul also says to the people at Rome that Satan head will be crushed shortly, but i guess that is a lie.
This is why it's normally best to avoid doctrinal discussion with fellow believers, feelings get hurt. It's best to stick with preaching about loving Jesus, following his commandments, and loving one another. May God bless us all my brother.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matthew,
Yes, humans do have darkness in them without the Holy Spirit and, Satan does get too much credit sometimes.
And as far as the things being discussed here, and past or future goes:

2Pet. 3. [8] "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

His thoughts are far above ours and as stated above, so is His "timing". If Satan has already been locked up, and Christ is in charge of the whole world...why is it getting worse and worse? Is Jesus inept? Of course not. Haven't seen any lions laying with a lamb lately. Where can these trees be located today?

"And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.”
Ezek. 47:12

No more tears, really...I cry daily~! No more sickness, no more disease...? Or is that only spiritual too, we just pretend? I cannot go with that. Sorry and love you too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just one of many reasons that I believe that Satan is still active in the world.

View attachment 35162
human beings did that... not Satan.
Hi Matthew,
Yes, humans do have darkness in them without the Holy Spirit and, Satan does get too much credit sometimes.
And as far as the things being discussed here, and past or future goes:

2Pet. 3. [8] "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

His thoughts are far above ours and as stated above, so is His "timing". If Satan has already been locked up, and Christ is in charge of the whole world...why is it getting worse and worse? Is Jesus inept? Of course not. Haven't seen any lions laying with a lamb lately. Where can these trees be located today?

"And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.”
Ezek. 47:12

No more tears, really...I cry daily~! No more sickness, no more disease...? Or is that only spiritual too, we just pretend? I cannot go with that. Sorry and love you too.

people believe what they will.
This is why it's normally best to avoid doctrinal discussion with fellow believers, feelings get hurt. It's best to stick with preaching about loving Jesus, following his commandments, and loving one another. May God bless us all my brother.

Okay. Sometimes the curiosity strikes. And nothing wrong with challenging modern day - traditional beliefs of people.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you believe that your neighbourhood is actually Christian?

A world where the devil and his minions have been kicked out of would show in how non Christians behave and in what they believe.

So crime is falling, lgtb is not being promoted in your schools, atheism a belief that is in sharp decline.

Face facts, reality the opposite of these is what is happening.

People believe what they want.

And apparantly

many people cannot face the reality of the darkness with-in themselves.

- Some would say "I am just too good of a person to EVER have a bad thought" - General saying.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
human beings did that... not Satan.

people believe what they will.

Okay. Sometimes the curiosity strikes. And nothing wrong with challenging modern day - traditional beliefs of people.
People are capable of doing some horrible things. Ultimately it is people that do these things and not Satan. But I believe he provides the temptation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are capable of doing some horrible things. Ultimately it is people that do these things and not Satan. But I believe he provides the temptation.
James says differently, and God never says that Satan is crouching at your door, but sin was.
To Cain.

You can believe whatever you want to... I mean you wont convience me that we dont think for ourselves and have thoughts freely - except maybe influence of the world, by the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life and by those spirits of the world -

but not Satan nor Demons.

Love to you man, and all the best in your recovery on your side of the internet,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people who commit crimes and say

"SATAN MADE ME DO IT"

Yet then they are fit to stand trial and can not plead insanity....

Satan isn't around today - he was cast out of the world as jesus promised.

So - what is the truth? Just as Pilate said.

May people search it out for themselves by the use of the bible, and by the spirit.

I dont really feel all that well today and will go on my way,

You all have a good day.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a curiosity.
Satan entered Judas, but then Jesus gave Judas a command to betray him quickly.

John 13:27 NIV
As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.
So Jesus told him, “What you are about to do, do quickly.”