Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One might just as easily ask "Why do you believe that there is or ever was sin in the world, because Christ was "slain before the foundation of the world?"

Each question (the above question or the OP question) leads one to stumble over the times of this world which did not exist when the conviction and actual elimination of Satan occurred. First one must reconcile (or "rightly divide") the things of the kingdom of God which are "not of this world" such as salvation and the victory over Satan, and the things that are of this world and are merely the unfolding revelation of those events as they were written in God before the world began and now only read and revealed.

In other words, regardless of the chapter that we are born into of the book of life, there are questions that cannot be answered from the perspective of that chapter alone...and to even begin to comprehend the overall truth of God we must understand that every word written, was written in God's timeless eternity, which is only revealed to the reader "but each one in his own order" or time.

I could go on, but what good would it do to say, Just as we "were" (past tense) crucified with Christ who was "slain before the foundation of the world" (past tense), Satan "was" (past tense) also defeated then (past tense), if this generation is just now reading of it--if one is still stuck within their own chapter of it being revealed?

Hello ScottA,

That is why it is so important for people to study. Study to show thyself approved of God, not to man. In the end the study should reveal the importance of loving God, and loving others, and the difference between the 'tree of life' (Jesus Christ on the Cross, and resurrection), or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Light and Dark. Inside or outside the Kingdom of Heaven. Payment of sin, doing away with Satan, etc.

Thank you for commenting.

Reactions: ScottA

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
One might just as easily ask "Why do you believe that there is or ever was sin in the world, because Christ was "slain before the foundation of the world?"

Each question (the above question or the OP question) leads one to stumble over the times of this world which did not exist when the conviction and actual elimination of Satan occurred. First one must reconcile (or "rightly divide") the things of the kingdom of God which are "not of this world" such as salvation and the victory over Satan, and the things that are of this world and are merely the unfolding revelation of those events as they were written in God before the world began and now only read and revealed.

In other words, regardless of the chapter that we are born into of the book of life, there are questions that cannot be answered from the perspective of that chapter alone...and to even begin to comprehend the overall truth of God we must understand that every word written, was written in God's timeless eternity, which is only revealed to the reader "but each one in his own order" or time.

I could go on, but what good would it do to say, Just as we "were" (past tense) crucified with Christ who was "slain before the foundation of the world" (past tense), Satan "was" (past tense) also defeated then (past tense), if this generation is just now reading of it--if one is still stuck within their own chapter of it being revealed?
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There are two states of being, old and new. And these are not necessarily chronological. They may overlap chonologically so long as there is time. But Satan's time is short so the old must have an ending.

Reactions: MatthewG and ScottA

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study Revelation, it seems you have contention with anyone who believes differently than you. Which is fine if you believe Satan is still around today. I do not, I can't help what other people believe, I just trust Yeshua and his Father for their promises of getting rid of the devil. Studying Job, is a great thing to do, however that is not the end of the story for him, Revelation is.
Geessee...don't I have a right to my own opinion...based on God's word?...surely you
don't .....why?...you have yours i see...including one about me ...not based on God's word.
Aren't you challenged in your efforts to live a Christian/righteous life? Please explain why satain is not present in your life?...with scriptures...not opinion.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Geessee...don't I have a right to my own opinion...based on God's word?...surely you
don't .....why?...you have yours i see...including one about me ...not based on God's word.
Aren't you challenged in your efforts to live a Christian/righteous life? Please explain why satain is not present in your life?...with scriptures...not opinion.
Hi, thank you for your questions. Living a life and following Yeshua has suffering involved. It’s not all that easy, as some makes it or to be. I’ve done answered enough.

Good to see you aroumd.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?
This looks like an older thread but it came up in my recents this morning. Considering your question this morning. First..I don’t see satan as a devil with a tail and pitch fork but as a rebellious spirit at work for to destroy and to be destroyed.

This is one reason I believe satan still has a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out. (Makes me think of Jesus warning of once the house is swept and that spirit wanders in dry places finding no place, it returns with …seven…worse than the first.) 1 Corinthians 5:5-8 speaks of putting those things to be destroyed without …as also satan had a hold on the earth when Jesus kicked him out. Consider what you’ve said there. Concerning satan had an hold on the earthen vessel …Christ overcome by putting satan off or out. Read below…is this not also what the instruction is below? To put that evil one who has hold of the vessel within, to put it without …a giving over to satan for the destruction of it?

To deliver such a one over unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. [6] Your glorying is not good. Know you not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, as you are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: [8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

2 things stand out from the above passage. And also from how you worded “Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?” The evil one still had a hold of the brother in the above who had his father wife (considered what this could mean as in not sexually but the body that belongs to the Father as a wife this evil is having this body meant to be “New” with sincerity and truth not malice and wickedness) in its spreading like gangrene in the Fathers Body. Paul tells them they are glorying in the evil done and rejoicing in it, he says “should I praise you? I praise you not” for “it’s taking hold of the body” but instead put this evil without, kick out the evil of “malice and wickedness”…giving it over to satan for the destruction of it.

The two things that are significant to me:
1) by Jesus kicking out satan who had taken hold of the earth (the earth as in the Temple of God, the Habitation being built up of Christ) …Jesus kicked him without saying “fear not for He who is within you is stronger than him who is without”
2) though satan is still influential to “your glorying is not good” same as Jesus Christ put satan who had a hold of the earth without so that he (satan) would no longer have hold of the earth.. Paul says the same instructions of doing as Christ did (taught). To say satan is no longer when satan is without for the destruction of the flesh so that they may be saved is removal of a vital part “so that they may be saved in the day of Christ” “without malice and wickedness but in sincerity and truth). If satan is no more than why did Paul instruct (taught of God that you ought to love one another) …warn that like gangrene it was entering in “to have” “take hold of” the “Fathers Wife” and “your glorying is not good” going further to say “stop eating of the bread of malice and wickedness, your a new lump” ? “Now I tell you(Paul instructed as Christ did also) to kick it out for the destruction of the bread of insincerity malice and wickedness for the day of the Lord is “you are no longer of the darkness but of the Light” …why are you taking The Fathers Body —His Wife—and making her an adulterer and glorying in it? Do you hear Paul’s distress out of love for the Body urging “this is not good” “I praise you not” …give it over to satan for the destruction of it …that the body may be saved.

Another similar: turn them satan that they may learn not to blaspheme the word of God.
For you are not the body of malice and wickedness but of truth and sincerity.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This looks like an older thread but it came up in my recents this morning. Considering your question this morning. First..I don’t see satan as a devil with a tail and pitch fork but as a rebellious spirit at work for to destroy and to be destroyed.

This is one reason I believe satan still has a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out. (Makes me think of Jesus warning of once the house is swept and that spirit wanders in dry places finding no place, it returns with …seven…worse than the first.) 1 Corinthians 5:5-8 speaks of putting those things to be destroyed without …as also satan had a hold on the earth when Jesus kicked him out. Consider what you’ve said there. Concerning satan had an hold on the earthen vessel …Christ overcome by putting satan off or out. Read below…is this not also what the instruction is below? To put that evil one who has hold of the vessel within, to put it without …a giving over to satan for the destruction of it?

To deliver such a one over unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. [6] Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: [8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

2 things stand out from the above passage. And also from how you worded “Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?” The evil one still had a hold of the brother in the above who had his father wife (considered what this could mean as in not sexually but the body that belongs to the Father as a wife this evil is having this body) in its spreading like gangrene in the Fathers Body. Paul tells them they are glorying in the evil done and rejoicing in it, he says “should I praise you? I praise you not” for “it’s taking hold of the body” but instead put this evil without…giving it over to satan for the destruction of it.

The two things that are significant to me:
1) by Jesus kicking out satan who had taken hold of the earth (the earth as in the temple of God, the Habitation being built up of Christ) …Jesus kicked him without saying “fear not for He who is within you is stronger than him who is without”
2) though satan is still influential to “your glorying is not good” same as Jesus Christ put satan who had a hold off the earth without so that he (satan) would no longer have hold of the earth.. Paul says the same instructions of doing as Christ did (taught). To say satan is no longer when satan is without for the destruction of the flesh so that they may be saved is removal of a vital part “so that they may be saved in the day of Christ”. If satan is no more than why did Paul instruct (taught of God that you ought to love one another) …warn that like gangrene it was speaking “to have” his “Fathers Wife” and “your glorying is not good” going further to say “stop eating of the bread of malice” ? “Now I tell you to kicked it out for the destruction of it for the day of the Lord is “you are no longer of the darkness but of the Light” …why are you taking The Fathers Body —His Wife—and making her an adulterer and glorying in it? Do you hear Paul’s distress out of love for the Body urging “this is not good”?
I respect you and anyone else in whatever
they believe. This isnt really a bible study, but I appericate what you have written may go over it in more detail, but it wouldnt matter the response that would be given cause I continue to believe in Christ finished work, not only on the cross but for the whole world already.

Im so far removed from the christian culture and “Satanic Panic.” I dont really even care for Christian culture. People decide to believe what they will predicated from the bible.

There is Satan talking about the fallen angel, and them their is satan which is adveristy of thought or against the things of God “get behind me Satan - Jesus said to peter” you have your mind on the things of earth and not God.

So is Satan still around in a way yes but in another way no; the one who “owned the world” has been cast out as promised by Jesus. People dont know that or that havent to conclude that.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respect you and anyone else in whatever
they believe. This isnt really a bible study, but I appericate what you have written may go over it in more detail, but it wouldnt matter the response that would be given cause I continue to believe in Christ finished work, not only on the cross but for the whole world already.

Im so far removed from the christian culture and “Satanic Panic.” I dont really even care for Christian culture. People decide to believe what they will predicated from the bible.

There is Satan talking about the fallen angel, and them their is satan which is adveristy of thought or against the things of God “get behind me Satan - Jesus said to peter” you have your mind on the things of earth and not God.

So is Satan still around in a way yes but in another way no; the one who “owned the world” has been cast out as promised by Jesus. People dont know that or that havent to conclude that.
Then don’t let me interfere. I respect you too. I have two girls I think close to your age 34 and 35? I’ve read some of your struggles that you have been open about on the board. Similar struggles have happened in our family. I could relate to your shared testimony. Just want you to know I did read it on the board and was touched and I’m always wanting you to do well. I no long view satan in the same way either. I do see a lot of your point concerning our own lust. But I also see the overcoming power of God in working for good even when there is a working for evil…He is for our good. For example when Jesus told them to go make friends with the unrighteous mammon. I view it differently than some. I think He meant it to go make friends with the unrighteous mammon…so that when it fails…God will receive you back again …waiting patiently…for when it fails He will have mercy and Grace for His strength is made perfect in weakness. I don’t think it’s ugly or cruel to allow failure for as we talked about on another thread…for the sake of a better prognosis.

I’m not trying to interfere. I do love your heart. And I do view satan differently also. I no longer see a little man with a pitchfork poking at me to where I blame him for making me do wrong. Agree it’s my own lust.

Reactions: MatthewG