Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's takes faith to believe it has happened.

Jesus defeated Satan at the cross, and his doing away happened just a little while later, in Revelation completely, ridding away of him, and casting him out of the world.
Do you believe that the events in Revelation have already happened?

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that the events in Revelation have already happened?
The tradition of when the Revelation has always been held at 90-95AD, but it's a tradition which Jesus spoke against "mans traditions", therefore its possible for it to have been written before the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70AD, and all with-in the generation from which Jesus had spoken of...

The context, is hard to really deny, and the historical events of that time period as well, are hard to deny.

7 times in Revelation - Jesus is said to becoming quickly.

Yet, people continue to preach that he is still coming - to keep people in their churches in fear and also talk about Satan and hell and make sure to get their money by the time you leave.

Yes. I do, but there are things I see that can be on going, (Revelation 21-22).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose everyone who believes and has faith when they die, will have their "second coming experience." In the bible it was never called second coming - it was always watch and wait and look and seek for his appearing - second coming has become the nuance ever since a long time ago.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose everyone who believes and has faith when they die, will have their "second coming experience." In the bible it was never called second coming - it was always watch and wait and look and seek for his appearing - second coming has become the nuance ever since a long time ago.
Clearly a future event:

Zechariah 14

1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, ...
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west,

12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just don't lose faith, @Jack. I do love you and thank you for always engaging. Gonna get ready for bed here soon, gotta go back to work early in the morning, I am glad we had our discussion today.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello to you and welcome,

Please take a few minutes to read this over and consider the information before posting, thank you so much.

Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?

Satan was an accuser; there is no more Law for you to be accused. Jesus took care of that by fulfilling and those ordinates were nailed to the cross. Satan can not accuse you anymore.

Youre totally responsible for yourself.

You and me both have darkness within us, to hate, to steal, to be greedy, to lust, to lie, and so on so forth. The only solution is the Light ; the light of all mankind.

You have the spirits of the world to deal with, the culture of the world. The spirit of malice, spirit of greed, all of these reside also in the heart of man; and the world feeds lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and for one to be prideful rather than humble.

Satans head was crushed in by the foot of Jesus and done away with thrown in the lake of fire. How is he stealing souls or even active today?

What is active today? Our own lust and temptations that brings forth sin, and beings forth death to the soul (mind/will/emotions), even quenching the spirit for Christian believers. God is faithful though to show you a way out when you are indeed tempted.

However why even believe Satan is around? What benefit is that over complete victory of Christ who ushers a person into adoption by the Father and brings forth new life?

I really dont understand (my beliefs are not a reflection of other peoples beliefs on this forum as everyone is free to believe what they want; but its so much more freeing to accept the victory of Christ as total and not partial).

Anyone who would like to share please feel free.

In the Lord Yeshua Christ,
Matthew
To me the Devil (Satan), is much like a chisel or some such thing. God uses Satan's disobedience, to shape obedience in us. When you see the Devil fail the Law, the shock that anyone would ignores the blessings of God, stirs us into action.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tradition of when the Revelation has always been held at 90-95AD, but it's a tradition which Jesus spoke against "mans traditions", therefore its possible for it to have been written before the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70AD, and all with-in the generation from which Jesus had spoken of...

The context, is hard to really deny, and the historical events of that time period as well, are hard to deny.

7 times in Revelation - Jesus is said to becoming quickly.

Yet, people continue to preach that he is still coming - to keep people in their churches in fear and also talk about Satan and hell and make sure to get their money by the time you leave.

Yes. I do, but there are things I see that can be on going, (Revelation 21-22).
What about Revelation 20? That’s going to be the most difficult part to fit in to your view.
I’m not saying you can’t be right, there are different interpretations

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thousands of 'Christian' churches in the US that have drastically different doctrines. Satan has been busy!

2 Corinthians 11
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Revelation 20? That’s going to be the most difficult part to fit in to your view.
I’m not saying you can’t be right, there are different interpretations
That to me would be the end of all the prior age; opening up to the new heavens and new earth where there is no more sea ( brazen sea ) - with the old economy administration gone and the new administration ( now all pertaining to the spirit and where all jesus enemies are defeated ) and the kingdom being established, where God is all in all with Jesus no longer at the right hand but now the Lord God Almighty.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the Devil (Satan), is much like a chisel or some such thing. God uses Satan's disobedience, to shape obedience in us. When you see the Devil fail the Law, the shock that anyone would ignores the blessings of God, stirs us into action.
Ok, Gott

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That to me would be the end of all the prior age; opening up to the new heavens and new earth where there is no more sea ( brazen sea ) - with the old economy administration gone and the new administration ( now all pertaining to the spirit and where all jesus enemies are defeated ) and the kingdom being established, where God is all in all with Jesus no longer at the right hand but now the Lord God Almighty.
@RLT63 the proir administration was (priesthoods, animal sacrifices, geneaologies, showing up the the temple), cause in the days after Jesus people continued to do those things, also people would continue to try to get people to revert back to the law and all of this economy wss destroyed; during the jewish festival all the tribes where there at the temple. There was those who were faithful, watching and waiting and during the destruction seen Jesus and that first church pure blameless bride was taken; to establish the kingdom of Heaven; and wrap up the prior age setting up the new.

Idk thinks to hard to explain in a simple format; would be harder going verse bt verse however i dont believe 1000 years is 1000 years… and more of “the fullness of that time which was to come” within 40 years, as the revelation if had been caught and understood by others it would have been destroyed. (Say rome cause it twlks about nero at the time.)

But those are my thoughts on the whole matter.

Reactions: RLT63

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan thrives in environments filled with ignorance and lies.

Telling a lie is a vote for satan.

Speaking ignorantly and not bothering to get facts straight is a vote for satan.

Why is satan still around? Because people keep voting him in.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan loves playing Christian! He's been quite successful leading 'Christians' to Hell fire!

2 Corinthians 11
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you and welcome,

Please take a few minutes to read this over and consider the information before posting, thank you so much.

Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?

Satan was an accuser; there is no more Law for you to be accused. Jesus took care of that by fulfilling and those ordinates were nailed to the cross. Satan can not accuse you anymore.

Youre totally responsible for yourself.

You and me both have darkness within us, to hate, to steal, to be greedy, to lust, to lie, and so on so forth. The only solution is the Light ; the light of all mankind.

You have the spirits of the world to deal with, the culture of the world. The spirit of malice, spirit of greed, all of these reside also in the heart of man; and the world feeds lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and for one to be prideful rather than humble.

Satans head was crushed in by the foot of Jesus and done away with thrown in the lake of fire. How is he stealing souls or even active today?

What is active today? Our own lust and temptations that brings forth sin, and beings forth death to the soul (mind/will/emotions), even quenching the spirit for Christian believers. God is faithful though to show you a way out when you are indeed tempted.

However why even believe Satan is around? What benefit is that over complete victory of Christ who ushers a person into adoption by the Father and brings forth new life?

I really dont understand (my beliefs are not a reflection of other peoples beliefs on this forum as everyone is free to believe what they want; but its so much more freeing to accept the victory of Christ as total and not partial).

Anyone who would like to share please feel free.

In the Lord Yeshua Christ,
Matthew
The Bible tells us when Satan will be destroyed and how..
Revelation 20:2
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:7
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Reactions: RLT63

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible tells us when Satan will be destroyed and how..
Revelation 20:2
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:7
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Amen!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan thrives in environments filled with ignorance and lies.

Telling a lie is a vote for satan.

Speaking ignorantly and not bothering to get facts straight is a vote for satan.

Why is satan still around? Because people keep voting him in.
Me as a human being is still greedy, and ignorant, and selfish.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just don't lose faith, @Jack. I do love you and thank you for always engaging. Gonna get ready for bed here soon, gotta go back to work early in the morning, I am glad we had our discussion today.
What "faith" would that be? I certainly don't recognize your faith. Yeshua became God? Seriously?

Last edited:

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan loves playing Christian! He's been quite successful leading 'Christians' to Hell fire!

2 Corinthians 11
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,
Yes...be reminded....the Bible says...in the end times ......great delusions....... will abound.
This clearly means that the delusions we have seen in the past will be....greatly increased in quantity and depth.
I hereby witness...they are coming faster and in greater numbers...... yearly vs..... per decade before.
History of social change tells me that changes occurred per generation previously.

Last edited: