Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not as greedy, ignorant or selfish as generations of past humans.

Future generations may continue the positive trend.
Im not into humanism, philosophy. While humans can do good things, that does not mean they do it for the right reasons.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not into humanism, philosophy. While humans can do good things, that does not mean they do it for the right reasons.

Those of the past, didn't know the reasons.

Those of the present have learned some reasons.

Those of the future will know more.

(I dislike philosophy.)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just as well as the Revelation speaks of the doing away with Satan.

The whole of the context and narrative of the Bible needs to be taken into consideration.

Satan for the longest time was the prince of the world and held 'the title deed to earth', eventually due to the coming of the Lord Yeshua, Satan was cast out - and put into the Lake of fire forever.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look for but do not see a positive trend.

How do you not see a positive trend?

Prior to COVID.

Violent crime, robbery and homicides were at all time historical lows in most places.

Even the poor today have big screen TVs. Which the wealthiest person in the world who lived 100 years ago could not afford.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you not see a positive trend?

Prior to COVID.
goViolent crime, robbery and homicides were at all time historical lows in most places.

Even the poor today have big screen TVs. Which the wealthiest person in the world who lived 100 years ago could not afford.
Chicago...example.... was and is killing 30-45 each weekend. Cities being looted and burned, etc. I dont see your factual point.
I don't see materialism as a + trend.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as well as the Revelation speaks of the doing away with Satan.

The whole of the context and narrative of the Bible needs to be taken into consideration.

Satan for the longest time was the prince of the world and held 'the title deed to earth', eventually due to the coming of the Lord Yeshua, Satan was cast out - and put into the Lake of fire forever.
All future! But tell us how Yeshua became God.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chicago...example.... was and is killing 30-45 each weekend. Cities being looted and burned, etc. I dont see your factual point.
I don't see materialism as a + trend.

Homicide rates in the wild west were higher than current era chicago. As a routine practice people would stack sandbags next to their beds to prevent stray bullets from hitting them when they slept.

Genocide and mass murders were completely normalized during the old testament. Slavery used to be completely normalized as a routine practice every major nation on earth engaged in.

Thee emperor in china was the only person who owned and used toilet paper. Today everyone has the luxury.

Is it becoming easier to see the contrast?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is in a lot better state than it was before the kingdom was established, @Space_Karen.

I am glad that Satan is no longer around, even though human beings could nuke themselves or whatever. Don't know if or when that might happen; just like in ww1.

There is a lot of fighting, bickering and complaining in politics but that has never changed.

there are also a lot of other issues, but being part of faith and part of the Kingdom, there is a hope of leaving here to a ever more better place.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Matt, you know how you say that satan is dead and the sin comes from our darkness. Note Eph 5:8

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is around, there is evil everywhere because of the lies in the media..

John 8:44 - You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

2 Thessalonians 2-10-12
- and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is around, there is evil everywhere because of the lies in the media..

John 8:44 - You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

2 Thessalonians 2-10-12
- and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
No he isnt. Just read revelation.

He was thrown in the lake of fire.

Also the verse in the first one should be looked at more throughly.

Quoting these scriptures is all fine and good but are you calling someone like myself who believes Jesus has jad the total victory

In a Delusion?

Thank you for making me seem crazy but perhaps thats a good thing cause im not gonna put my faith in people over the internet.

Ill stand with Jesus and his victory and let you believe what you will.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Matt, you know how you say that satan is dead and the sin comes from our darkness. Note Eph 5:8

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord.
Praise be to God my friend. May you seek and stick with the one whom is the light of all mankind; even if you are looked at as crazy! Dont believr manmade traditions.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also its me who is a liar, selfish and greedy @Rockerduck im able to stand in the mirror and tell those truths to myself and before God and anyone else. I know my own destructive ways… it aint Satan tempting me… its my own thoughts and fleshly ways over the spirit. Some people have yet to be born again or even realize who they are in the flesh - just like me. Selfish and greedy, even though they can do good and great things it doesnt help the void of darkness inside of them. Thats the job for Jesus.

Reactions: Rockerduck

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he isnt. Just read revelation.

He was thrown in the lake of fire.

Also the verse in the first one should be looked at more throughly.

Quoting these scriptures is all fine and good but are you calling someone like myself who believes Jesus has jad the total victory

In a Delusion?

Thank you for making me seem crazy but perhaps thats a good thing cause im not gonna put my faith in people over the internet.

Ill stand with Jesus and his victory and let you believe what you will.
I quoted over 10 verses in Rev that you totally evaded.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also its me who is a liar, selfish and greedy @Rockerduck im able to stand in the mirror and tell those truths to myself and before God and anyone else. I know my own destructive ways… it aint Satan tempting me… its my own thoughts and fleshly ways over the spirit. Some people have yet to be born again or even realize who they are in the flesh - just like me. Selfish and greedy, even though they can do good and great things it doesnt help the void of darkness inside of them. Thats the job for Jesus.
We war between our mind and our body of sin. You are not alone in this. Verse 24 is rewarding for us in Christ.

Paul makes it clear in Romans 7:22-25 - I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We war between our mind and our body of sin. You are not alone in this. Verse 24 is rewarding for us in Christ.

Paul makes it clear in Romans 7:22-25 - I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

James 1:13-15​

New King James Version​

13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Yes, absolutely. It's all about the inward heart towards the things of God.

Serving the law of God in my Paul also said. God writes on the hearts and minds, his laws on those who are his.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do find it curious that Jesus has victory here for over 2000 years, and yet the world is the way it is today. When our faith is suppose to boast the most believers in it.