Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are entitled to what you believe, @Rockerduck. I don't believe that is the truth of the matter though.

Don't see the writer of Revelation fooling, those people he was writing to, and I don't believe 1000 years is 1000 years.

2 Peter 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Despite just this one writing throughout the narrative you have the apostles warning and bringing up the fact of Jesus coming back in that day in age, "The great and dreadful day of the LORD", therefore I also believe this includes with the judgement of Satan, and his doing away.

Perhaps "Satans bounding" started until the Gospel went through all of the "earth" in that day in age, however people must choose and decide for themselves.

You have Jesus promise of the "prince being cast out", and also the promise back in Genesis of Satan having his head crushed. You even also have Paul promise, that Satan's head would be crushed soon as well.

Romans 16:20
20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.

The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Then you have the climatic ending of Jerusalem, along with "the beast Nero", a man possessed by Satan with the spirit of the Antichrist, before the ending of Jerusalem completely in 70Ad.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people who still believe and wait on the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, who came back in that time and those who were waiting and watching and faithfully hoping to see him come through the clouds just as he had left, wonder...

This question "If Jesus has come back and Satan has been done away with and everything has been restored spiritually, what now?"

Teach, and share the great many things found in the Gospel, and also in the Old Testament, doesn't matter if you get things down perfectly, it's all about having faith and loving Yahava/Yahweh, with all your heart, all your mind, all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself (if you love yourself you will cherish knowledge and wisdom and will prosper.)

That is what is left to do. Love God, love your neighbor, and continue having hope and faith that one day when you leave this life you will be rewarded for what you allowed God to do in and through you by the spirit.

Many also assume to have any form of belief of this makes you a heretic and that you are not even unworthy of salvation cause it seems so 'distorted' from the tradition that was learned in their day.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We might have composite differences?
Galatians chapter 5:22. The spirt and the flesh are in Conflict against one another.
Those who walk in the spirit, have the holy spirit. These are children of light.
John 15:19. If you were of the world, it would love you, as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
Those who have holy spirit, are called and chosen. Only Jesus can give spirtual sight.
Those who walk in the flesh, have spirit of stupor.
First Corinthians chapter 2 explains the difference between holy spirit and spirt of the world.
Very few people have holy spirit. Many people have spirit of slumber.
I established the connection between first Corinthians chapter 2 and galatians chapter 5.
Flesh= spirit of stupor.
Spirit = holy spirit.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are entitled to what you believe, @Rockerduck. I don't believe that is the truth of the matter though.

Don't see the writer of Revelation fooling, those people he was writing to, and I don't believe 1000 years is 1000 years.

2 Peter 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Despite just this one writing throughout the narrative you have the apostles warning and bringing up the fact of Jesus coming back in that day in age, "The great and dreadful day of the LORD", therefore I also believe this includes with the judgement of Satan, and his doing away.

Perhaps "Satans bounding" started until the Gospel went through all of the "earth" in that day in age, however people must choose and decide for themselves.

You have Jesus promise of the "prince being cast out", and also the promise back in Genesis of Satan having his head crushed. You even also have Paul promise, that Satan's head would be crushed soon as well.

Romans 16:20
20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.

The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Then you have the climatic ending of Jerusalem, along with "the beast Nero", a man possessed by Satan with the spirit of the Antichrist, before the ending of Jerusalem completely in 70Ad.
It is in the Book of Revelation in Chronological order. The Holy Spirit told me that we are in the latter part of Revelation now. God's word is true every time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in the Book of Revelation in Chronological order. The Holy Spirit told me that we are in the latter part of Revelation now. God's word is true every time.

As I said you can believe whatever you want to. I don't love you any less, I still do not believe that the human beings who were living and breathing in that time who received that letter were deceived. Perhaps you believe they were deceived or perhaps you believe there is a 'double prophecy.'

Jesus never promised a double prophecy... he promised a single one-time event to that generation when he foretold this news to the four disciples who were around him.

Matthew 24:21 For there will be greater anguish than at any time since the world began. And it will never be so great again.

You can say the holy spirit told you - but we are to test everything 'anyone claims.'

Paul writing to the Thessalonians in their time, said "but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good."

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said you can believe whatever you want to. I don't love you any less, I still do not believe that the human beings who were living and breathing in that time who received that letter were deceived. Perhaps you believe they were deceived or perhaps you believe there is a 'double prophecy.'

Jesus never promised a double prophecy... he promised a single one-time event to that generation when he foretold this news to the four disciples who were around him.

Matthew 24:21 For there will be greater anguish than at any time since the world began. And it will never be so great again.

You can say the holy spirit told you - but we are to test everything 'anyone claims.'

Paul writing to the Thessalonians in their time, said "but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good."
Your are a good man. I said it before. Don't be afraid to tell me anything. We can disagree with Christian love.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats why I shared @Rockerduck. Im not a good man, atleast that is not how I see myself, the Lord Jesus Christ within me though, brings forth good heavenly things, because the Father in heaven is a giver of good gifts. :)

James writes to his audience saying,
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭17‬-‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"traditions of man"...does not preclude the Bible.

Jesus spoke of the people of his times, setting aside the commandments of God for their traditions. These are those who would be considered “Religous Leaders.”

Mark 7:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Therefore just like anything people will hold on to traditions, while they may be well meaningful to people hold on to, it does not make it right. Especially if it intereferes with truth on subject matters pertaining to Satans defeat, or eschatology.

Its just something I definitely find interesting; not to say that people arent believers there would be information that is lacking. Its also okay to allow people to stay in that said belief too, in my opinion.

Cause God gave us the ability to think, choose, and decide for ourselves.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he is not I wish I was living when he was running things because that would be a cake walk compared to today

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he is not I wish I was living when he was running things because that would be a cake walk compared to today

Everyone has troubles, and struggles in life. Even rich people. Idk why people worry so much about the devil when they say they believe Jesus has had the victory. Either He has won, or he is still losing to satan, and God still not yet in control.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has troubles, and struggles in life. Even rich people. Idk why people worry so much about the devil when they say they believe Jesus has had the victory. Either He has won, or he is still losing to satan, and God still not yet in control.
Have a son you want to arrange a marriage for with one of these?

1698166775833.png

1698166867030.png

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk why you are posting these pictures for. There is not reason to look down on other people.
Because if Satan isn't today... these people were not around when he was. Now that he is gone
things are not getting better to those that want to follow only Christ Jesus and are forced to endure exposures.

Though "Praise God" for having brought Covid. Some of us have learned to enjoy limited exposures in the world once we have become accustomed to lock downs.

God is good.

But you are right. Looking down on people or attempted avoidance is not right.

And no more condemnation of anything Hamas as they are just doing what they believe to be right and its not up to me to judge.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't the Apostles say ,after Jesus returned to Heaven, Satan was lord of this world?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't the Apostles say ,after Jesus returned to Heaven, Satan was lord of this world?
I think you are correct. I don’t know if the Apostles said it but when Adam sinned this world fell.

Last edited:

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because if Satan isn't today... these people were not around when he was. Now that he is gone
things are not getting better to those that want to follow only Christ Jesus and are forced to endure exposures.

Though "Praise God" for having brought Covid. Some of us have learned to enjoy limited exposures in the world once we have become accustomed to lock downs.

God is good.

But you are right. Looking down on people or attempted avoidance is not right.

And no more condemnation of anything Hamas as they are just doing what they believe to be right and its not up to me to judge.
Who got the idea that Satan is....gone?
Study the book of Job.