Why do you reject authority?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The true church is made up of all those who have embraced Christ as Saviour and Lord. The religious organisations are not the true church. They are the "scaffolding" that supports the true church. Any organisation that purports to be the Church established by Christ is a fraudulent counterfeit and any representative of it is of man and not of God. The AntiChrist is going to emerge out of the fraudulent religious system. This is because the spirit of AntiChrist is present in the paganised, ceremonial, counterfeit religion that claims to be the Church established by Christ.
Sad fact is they dont support the "true"church, and have stood in Her way since it all started. Teh only Authority we have is Christ, but many have üsurped His authority, all to there own end.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you're actually insisting on Marymog is that folk dance to the tune of the RCC hierarchy. History tells us that sad story of domination and subjugation by that system. Anyone who is familiar with its history has plenty of reasons to reject the RCC's right to authority......but of course if you want to submit you can do it when and wherever you like.
Hi QT,

Please show me in anything that I have written that I insisted that "folk dance to the tune of the RCC hierarchy"

I submit to the authority of The Church that Christ started 2,000 years ago. What church is your authority?

Merry Christmas....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree with this statement. Totally. Like a club, for example a surf life saving club. If you don't want to save lives, then the leadership of the club can decide to bounce you because they decide what is members must practice.
Yes, you got it right. You must be referring to Matthew 18:17, 1 Corinthians 5:2, 1 timothy 1:20, 1 Corinthians 5:12, 2 Thessalonians 3:6 etc etc.

You know your bible well....Good job. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you agree that Jesus Christ shares His position as the ONLY head of His body with no man?
Hi PW,

I will make a deal with you. You answer my question and I will answer yours. That is how a conversation works.

Here is the question I asked you: When did that Truth stop being taught?

Merry Christmas.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you would agree that whatever authority Jesus delegated to His Apostles, it wasn't His authority, for Jesus retains His own authority thus any one and every one else must be in subjection to Christ.
I agree with Scripture: Jesus said to the Apostles, He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.

Anyone that rejected the teaching of the Apostles was rejecting God!

Merry Christmas...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shows who your god is: a physical object, a wafer.

Your religion walks by sight, not by faith.

And yes, I answered your question.
All three are lies....What has happened here is that you can't kill the message so you try to kill the messenger......Classy!!

Admit it.....you just wanted to be a *troll :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas...Mary

*a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, either for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that these leaders are nothing like Moses, Moses talked to God and was a prophet. Do your leaders claim to be prophets or talk to God? The apostles had God (Jesus the Christ) to guide them directly and were therefore prophets and talked to God.

To many people have come to the scriptures and claim that they are interpreters of the scriptures and therefore are qualified to lead people. How many do we have like this on earth now, and how divers are they? Too many false teachers. They are nothing more than interpreters of Scripture and God does not talk to them like the bible points out for spiritual leaders. Communion with God appears to be the main theme in the bible for spiritual leaders is it not? Think about it.
Good Morning DW,

It seems your theory is that only men like Moses can lead or have authority. What happened after Moses dies? Did no one with authority take his place? Obviously someone did because Jesus even told his disciples to obey those that sit on Moses seat!!

If there are false teachers that means there has to be a teacher of truth. So where do YOU find that teacher of truth?

Merry Christmas...Mary

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning DW,

It seems your theory is that only men like Moses can lead or have authority. What happened after Moses dies? Did no one with authority take his place? Obviously someone did because Jesus even told his disciples to obey those that sit on Moses seat!!

If there are false teachers that means there has to be a teacher of truth. So where do YOU find that teacher of truth?

Merry Christmas...Mary
Yes when Jesus left after choosing the apostles, they didn't know who to choose to fill the empty position, so they cast lots. Acts of the Apostles 1:23-26

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi PW,

I will make a deal with you. You answer my question and I will answer yours. That is how a conversation works.

Here is the question I asked you: When did that Truth stop being taught?

Merry Christmas.....Mary
Good morning, Mary!

Your question sounds loaded to me, so I guess the deal is that we don't answer each other's questions.

And a very merry and blessed Christmas to you too!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, you got it right. You must be referring to Matthew 18:17, 1 Corinthians 5:2, 1 timothy 1:20, 1 Corinthians 5:12, 2 Thessalonians 3:6 etc etc.

You know your bible well....Good job. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas....Mary
Your welcome. But you didn't answer my question. What busyness does the Catholic Church have with persecuting those that are not in their club?

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with Scripture: Jesus said to the Apostles, He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.

Anyone that rejected the teaching of the Apostles was rejecting God!

Merry Christmas...Mary
Yet your church and you are not following the example of the Apostles in keeping the traditions of the elders. In fact 300 years later thorough state sponsored legislation and persecution, they managed to enforce new traditions. Strange behaviour for a church that claims such high moral integrity.

jimmiec

Jun 7, 2019
Stillwater
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. It is true that there will be false prophets that deceive. Which makes the opposite true; men who are not false prophets that do not deceive and teach sound doctrine (1 Timothy 4:6, Luke 1:4, 1 Timothy 6:3, 2 Timothy 4:3, Titus 2:1-7 etc etc).

The men who are not false prophets will be from The Church that has the authority to call out the men who are false prophets. So that brings us right back to a Church with authority (Matthew 18:17). A church that teaches sound doctrine. Have you found that Church?

Mary
The Church, Body of Christ, Born again Christians have nothing to fear from Satan or the Jews, "sons of the devil" because Christians, "in God's image", have All of the Power of God on their lips. John 14:14 "If Ye ask Anything "in My name name," Jesus, I shall, must do it." Trust and Obey the Master. Yahweh. God the Promise Keeper.

jimmiec

Jun 7, 2019
Stillwater
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you would agree that whatever authority Jesus delegated to His Apostles, it wasn't His authority, for Jesus retains His own authority thus any one and every one else must be in subjection to Christ. If someone claiming to have authority over other men is not in subjection or under authority to Jesus, then that man's authority must be rejected surely. It's false. It's subversive because what he is doing is setting himself as an authority above Christ. Thus he is a false prophet or worse,a false Christ. There is an easy test for discerning who is false and who is true.
To the law and to the testimony. If they do not speak according to this word, there is no light in them . Isaiah 8:20
So question. Has every pope, priest, Bishop, spoken according to the law and to the testimony? I say no. The coercive manner in which the church down through the ages has enforced traditions and beliefs that run contradictory to the Bible testimony and to God commandments is clear evidence to the heretical and apostate nature of Catholicism. Her assumed authority ought to be rejected outright.
Jesus is Lord!

Reactions: Brakelite

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is why do you reject authority not why do you hate The Church so much.
Mary

Responding to your non-question But included comment...

No One claimed to hate The Church.
No One claimed to agree with you that "The Church" IS Exclusively the catholic church.

No One claimed to reject "Christ's Church" Authority.

Christ identified "His Church" as;

Matt 16
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;

To be clear: Catholics who have been taught, adopt the teaching, and preach their teaching that "the catholic church" IS Christ's Exclusive Church...is a Anti-Scriptural Teaching that is widely Rejected.

To be clear: Jesus' Doctrine IS Revealed IN Scripture, and Expressly Authorized to be Used by Any man, for Knowledge of Jesus' Truth and a Verification Method for ANY Other Doctrine any man proclaims IS Scriptural Authorized Doctrine.

Not a big Secret...Some man-made Churches "make up their own Doctrines" and "Attempt to pass their Doctrines off as Jesus' Doctrine."

...the catholic church is not the only church to do ^ that...but the catholic church IS the most notably famous church "claiming to be Christ's Exclusive Church AND projecting its own madeup doctrine, AS Christ's Doctrine".

It is the Opinion of many...
the catholic IS Not Christ's Exclusive Church.
It is the Opinion of many...
the catholic church doctrines Corrupt and Exceed Christ's Doctrine...

You call those people "Anti-catholic"...
Which in essence is A Hokey Ploy to INFER another person NOT in Agreement with catholic Doctrine...is therefore "Anti-Christ".

It is blatenly Obvious...Protestants do not Agree with catholic doctrines that supersede Christ Jesus' Doctrine OR "mimic" a catholics Ill Behavior of calling catholics "Anti-Protestants"... <--- food for thought to one who projects Christ's Church is Exclusively the catholic church!

• There IS ONE Earthly man God Appointed BY Promise to be "Father" of many Nations.
Exclusively Named Abraham.
Exclusively Identified IN Scripture.

• the catholic church, has a whole "host" of men "according to catholic doctrine" the catholic church "authorizes" to be called "father", in Direct contrast to Scriptural Teaching.

• the catholic church teaches Mary was Excepted from being "naturally born in sin", Yet another Direct contrast to Scriptural Teaching.

• Disagreeing with catholic teachings and catholic doctrines has zero concept of trying to equate being anti-catholic is equal to anti-Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sad fact is they dont support the "true"church, and have stood in Her way since it all started. Teh only Authority we have is Christ, but many have üsurped His authority, all to there own end.
Quenching the Spirit of God is taught and practiced by too many who claim to be His followers. Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Truther

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes when Jesus left after choosing the apostles, they didn't know who to choose to fill the empty position, so they cast lots. Acts of the Apostles 1:23-26
Yes, by casting lots they left it in the hands of God and God does not gamble!

Reactions: dev553344

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi QT,

Please show me in anything that I have written that I insisted that "folk dance to the tune of the RCC hierarchy"

I submit to the authority of The Church that Christ started 2,000 years ago. What church is your authority?

Merry Christmas....Mary
I think it needs to be made clear that the RCC church is not the church that Christ started 2,000 years ago.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it needs to be made clear that the RCC church is not the church that Christ started 2,000 years ago.
This is abundantly clear for any and all who actively ask, seek and knock. For the lazy at heart and the indifferent any snow will do its job.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try finding some hens teeth, it’s more likely.
OIP.4dTPnBpJtKg4c_DsdElvxwHaGt

Hi WOH,

You mean like that??? :D

Do you think The Church with authority established by Christ is no longer on this earth? After the last Apostle died so did Church (singular) authority?

Mary

Reactions: Waiting on him
Status
Not open for further replies.