Why does God allow churches to be destroyed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we see in many examples of old testament writings , God will destroy even those who call on HIM
and yet they serve other gods . GOD does not want HIS NAME , the NAME OF HIS SON , along side the names
of other false religions . No baal , no all inclusive many path lie .
I invite us to go and return to the books in that bible and SEE exactly what they were doing
to cause GOD to destroy them . The one thing God hates above all is , WHEN ya try and holler his name and accept other gods as well .
Today we got folks doing just that . saying mulsims worship the same god we do , saying atheists do , saying all religoins do .
And we got them not only kissing korans and budda statues , THEY BUILDING these houses of worship including all the major religoins
as valid . Interfaith was and is a delusion . We cannot serve CHRIST and this agenda . This agenda is of the devil .
And its time the true lambs arise and stand and contend and defend for the one true faith .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen a couple churches destoyed by tornados and schools too. Seems like they hit a lot of churches and schools. Which seems odd to me, the size of a school or church building is failry small compared to the possible paths that tornados could take. Here's an interesting article on three schools hit by three separate tornados:

A Look Back: Tornadoes didn't spare high schools

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not being funny, but churches are buildings that are made by men, no different to all the homes that are destroyed by weather storms. Mud slides, flooding ect. It’s the same as asking why many die horrific ways and why many are allowed to be blessed into old age…..is it as simple as ‘ God deciding ‘ …so many things impact weather,impact bodies, impact lives. We live in a world of choices that have consequences , some good ,some bad, but all interacting to bring about end results that impact this world and people. ………
All the while we live in a fallen world bad things will happen…..
I read something the other day about praying Romans 8:28 , we don’t pray for the bad, but pray for God to bring good out of the bad.
Rita

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not being funny, but churches are buildings that are made by men, no different to all the homes that are destroyed by weather storms. Mud slides, flooding ect. It’s the same as asking why many die horrific ways and why many are allowed to be blessed into old age…..is it as simple as ‘ God deciding ‘ …so many things impact weather,impact bodies, impact lives. We live in a world of choices that have consequences , some good ,some bad, but all interacting to bring about end results that impact this world and people. ………
I read something the other day about praying Romans 8:28 , we don’t pray for the bad, but pray for God to bring good out of the bad.
Rita
Yes, praying for bad things is called cursing and it is spoken against in the bible. And the Lord is with us in our afflictions.

I kinda wondered if the bible being saved, and there has been a couple of them saved in fires, had something to do with this verse:

Matthew 24:35 NKJV​

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Last edited:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Devin,
I should have conveyed my comment in more context as the notes I was reading on Romans 8:28 was about praying for good to come out of bad situations, and not presuming that God has made the bad things happen in order for good to come out of it.
With regards to the Bible, if every single Bible in the world was preserved then I would say that you could apply that verse, but in reality bibles are made of paper and are printed so they do get ruined and destroyed at times. It’s the actual words that do not die, the Truth of what God has spoken.
Now whether this one was preserved as a miracle or message for the people who owned it, well that’s between them and the Lord. However it could just be a coincidence ………
I can think of lots of messages that could come from a church being destroyed but the word of God surviving, which is more important ! ?( many would put more importance on the building than the book !

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Devin,
I should have conveyed my comment in more context as the notes I was reading on Romans 8:28 was about praying for good to come out of bad situations, and not presuming that God has made the bad things happen in order for good to come out of it.
With regards to the Bible, if every single Bible in the world was preserved then I would say that you could apply that verse, but in reality bibles are made of paper and are printed so they do get ruined and destroyed at times. It’s the actual words that do not die, the Truth of what God has spoken.
Now whether this one was preserved as a miracle or message for the people who owned it, well that’s between them and the Lord. However it could just be a coincidence ………
I can think of lots of messages that could come from a church being destroyed but the word of God surviving, which is more important ! ?( many would put more importance on the building than the book !
Yes it must be difficult for the members I think, since their donations go into the church building. Luckily no one was in the building that I posted.

So then the bible being saved, you suggest it may be a personal message instead of a sign of the verse I posted. I wonder if it is both.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The building isn't the church - the people are. And the people can still get together to worship in a home or community centre.
Yes that's true, and perhaps that is the reason.

I see God teaching us lessons when bad things happen. I've had a few really painful things happen to me. And in all that I learned how precious life is and now I am kinder to God's creations.

Reactions: Pearl

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it must be difficult for the members I think, since their donations go into the church building. Luckily no one was in the building that I posted.

So then the bible being saved, you suggest it may be a personal message instead of a sign of the verse I posted. I wonder if it is both.
I have no idea about the Bible, I was just sharing an opinion on what came to mind after I read your post. We have so many questions in life with regards to what happens , all I know is that God always sees and knows the bigger picture and nothing happens without His knowledge. I also believe in the spiritual realm and the battle between good and evil. Bad things happen in this world, it’s how we deal with those things that can determine whether the evils wins.
A church is destroyed, but how the people of that church respond can be used by God.

The fact that no one was in the church is a blessing.
I have just come to really trust in Romans 8:28 , the good is not always evident straight away but always when I look back I can see lessons learned or positives have come from difficult situations.
Rita

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As one of my favorite Pastors said "Ray, do not be fooled, there are demons prowling the halls of this church ....."

As my other favorite Pastor said "I was wondering how long you would last before throwing that flag." I replied "I'm not done, let me borrow your flag."
I officiated Football with one of my favorite Pastors ....On that one .....Before the coin toss ......two Unsportsmanlike Conduct Flags on the visiting team ....explain that in detail to the White Hat ! LOL!

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
Solomon wrote about that, what happens to the wicked also happens to the righteous. Jesus also, that the disasters which happen can happen to anyone.

Much love!

Reactions: Rita and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Solomon wrote about that, what happens to the wicked also happens to the righteous. Jesus also, that the disasters which happen can happen to anyone.

Much love!
I also think if God needs you hear he will keep you alive and well maybe.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also think if God needs you hear he will keep you alive and well maybe.
I think God has already worked out when each of us will die, and we don't have to spend a moment thinking about it, other than to know that day is coming, and we should live accordingly.

Like Solomon wrote, funerals are better than parties, because we'll take it to heart that one day we're going to be the one laying there.

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church wasn't destroyed. Just a church building.
Exactly. My favorite Pastor always said "There are demons prowling the halls of this church ...." Those Demons sit in the pews as well ....I've seen them in a new board of directors .....with zero desire to make the church better, just chase agendas .....

Reactions: Pearl