Why does God give people over to a reprobate mind?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From your own beliefs though would say that man is going straight to hell though right @amigo de christo ? Feel free to answer.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods wrath and anger was poured out on the nation of Israel, so… I don’t think or believe God is angry anymore.

I have spoken to a Muslim, I talked about Jesus and we were both respectful and talked out of love about the Lord. He just didn’t believe Jesus was resurrected or had paid for sin but he believed he was coming back.

I love my friend; and it doesn’t bother me his own grow up decision of sharing what he did with me.

All us are grown up here… all individuals responsible to God. I’m not God and I can’t read hearts.

I’ll let God be the judge; not myself @amigo de christo
I knew you would answer just like this . You have fallen for THE LIE . not a lie , but THE LIE .
What do you think the apostel JOHN would have told such a one .
They dont even believe JESUS is the SON OF GOD . THEY DONT even believe the very TESTIMONY OF GOD HIMSELF
which he gave of his son . JOHN calls them anti christs and liars . BUT YE SAY , OH DONT JUDGE , OH LETS JUST LOVE AND HUG .
WELL you are hugging your friend right to hellfire and wrath my friend . SEE YOU DONT BELIEVE they have TO BELIEVE IN the CHRIST
YOU dont believe they have to BELIEVE in the TESTIMONY that GOD gave of HIS SON . YOU are contrary to the apostel john
and to CHRIST . You have fallen for a false love which saves none . ITS hate and its murder .
YET you think i am the hater and the judge . YET I only repeat what CHRIST and the apostles themselves said .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You knew I would answer that way so you set me up to yell at me.

I don’t know where you grew up, how you learned, what you been taught however we are very different as far as our beliefs; can you just accept me as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and stop harassing me?

If you wanna badger someone please go badger someone else. It would be appreciated.

I gotta go man and get some sleep…

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged natural relations for that which is contrary to nature,27 and likewise the men, too, abandoned natural relations with women and burned in their desire toward one another, males with males committing shameful acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a depraved mind, to do those things that are not proper, 29 people having been filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, and evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice; they are gossips,

God tells us in Exodus, "I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion". (Those whom He gives over to a reprobate mind are those whom He chooses to not have compassion on). Most likely not the answer we want, but the only answer He gives us. Our ways are not His ways.

Reactions: Scott Downey

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From your own beliefs though would say that man is going straight to hell though right @amigo de christo ? Feel free to answer.
NOT IF he repents and COMES TO CHRIST he wont . AND he might just do that . YOU on other hand are not looking out for him at all .
That man might repent over night and HE would have eternal life . But what about you , who did not make sure
he had to believe in CHRIST . GOD LED ME TO CHRIST , your doctrine saves none . You are infected with the all inclusive .
Just as new age oprah wimphrey is . You actually believe if folks hear the gospel and refuse it
they are fine . YOU are dead wrong about that . Your muslim friend is in dire danger . IF YOU LOVED HIM
you would have done all to convince him . AND then if they hear not , well we do what JESUS said to do
and later what the apostels said to do and did . shake the dust off and move on . But not you , not you .
You fell for this false type of evangelism which is saving none and condmening all who go under its belief .
AND it sounds like your muslim friend is already under it too . I bet you BOTH THINK you are saved and follow GOD . WRONG .
IF we followed CHRIST we would have taught CHRIST and followed HIS PATTERN , His teachings , the apostels pattern .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You knew I would answer that way so you set me up to yell at me.

I don’t know where you grew up, how you learned, what you been taught however we are very different as far as our beliefs; can you just accept me as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and stop harassing me?

If you wanna badger someone please go badger someone else. It would be appreciated.

I gotta go man and get some sleep…
You are right about one thing . I DID KNOW how you were gonna answer . ONLY your dead wrong about me being here to badger you .
I Love you my friend , I am only here to HELP YOU .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo

Maybe you’re just a better Christian than me.

Though I have a problem with people coming down and telling me what I should or shouldn’t do.

I don’t come at you saying stop your old traditional ways of people going to hell!

Jesus overcame hell you shouldn’t be teaching people they are going to hell…

I don’t do that to you, so why do you do it to me? Your not my dad…

And sometimes when you do that stuff it makes me repulsed to even reply to you.

I don’t know if you love me or not, maybe you do I love you too but you’re a hard person to listen to as far your writing style goes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also if I want your help @amigo de christo I’ll ask you. You continue to just unsolicitly badger me. Im sure I’ve done that others and need to stop.

Thanks ahead of time, please give me some time away from you as I don’t believe I want your help okay?

Anyone who loves another would openly accept the request…

Thank you and God bless.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the USA, about every 3rd commercial on TV has 2 women or 2 men, GAY, in it........obvious.
Why?
Because its by association with the Gay lifestyle that you become at first, accepting, and then considering.
The Devil owns the media in this world..>He runs it, and he has a twisted sexuality and promotes and teaches it in these "end times" using the media, and even in SCHOOLS.

You, born again reader, probably wont be affected by watching 2 women kiss in a TV commercial that is selling Chocolate candy.
But your KIDS will be affected by it, as they are being TRAINED = Recruited.
Thats a fact.

Wow. I'm so glad I don't watch television! It appears it would be important to not have the television on in a Christian household with children as well.

As for homosexuality being a mental illness, I'm not too sure about that. It could be, though likely it isn't. Whatever it is, engaging in it is directly opposed to the commandment of God.

And yes, the media is owned by the devil. He has infiltrated it some years prior; he now has FULL REIGN and is in a recruitment campaign to brain-wash all of society to embrace the sinfulness of homosexuality. He appears as an Angel of Light with the rainbow flags flying on church doors. Love, love, love. Yes, who wouldn't encourage that? Must be some hateful people. Good is called evil and evil is called good, just as the Lord had revealed it would be.

Make no mistake, all those who do not turn from homosexuality but hold this rebellion in his or her heart does not know God. Just as all adulterers, liars, thieves, murderers, etc. etc. We must not hold rebellion in our hearts against God's commandments (refer to John's first epistle in this where God through the Holy Spirit says that those who "keep on sinning" do not know God. Therefore it is not I who says this but God). That is showing that we actually do not know God.

Homosexuality is getting more "air time" these days as one poster put it; but I feel that is because the devil is masquerading as an Angel of Light in his propaganda of furthering actual rebellion against this commandment of God's. Those who may know God are being deceived by this Lie of the devil; I cannot stand in judgment of their soul as only God can, but they sure are at risk of actually not knowing God by continuing in open rebellion against Him.

Reactions: Scott Downey

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God tells us in Exodus, "I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion". (Those whom He gives over to a reprobate mind are those whom He chooses to not have compassion on). Most likely not the answer we want, but the only answer He gives us. Our ways are not His ways.

Great response here dhh712,

Does that mean we should have compassion on who we want and don’t want to then? I’m okay with the verse you shared the thing is.

As Christian’s shouldn’t we have compassion on all people, especially those who are of the world more than the spirit?

Do not people of the world need compassion, understanding, love, patience, kindness and long-suffering? Jesus suffered in his day for being such; and killed for envy of the Jewish people of that day.

Sure Gods ways are not our ways but doesn’t the spirit of Christ to lead in the actions of what God would deem right and fitting?

Just to include the notion of Justice, justice is served in cases that it needs to be for pedophiles, rapist, murders, fraudulent claims via fraud, (whatever you can think of here).

Do they deserve compassion? Mercy? Even after what they have done? Just some things to ponder on.

Reactions: Nancy and dhh712

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great response here dhh712,

Does that mean we should have compassion on who we want and don’t want to then? I’m okay with the verse you shared the thing is.

As Christian’s shouldn’t we have compassion on all people, especially those who are of the world more than the spirit?

Do not people of the world need compassion, understanding, love, patience, kindness and long-suffering? Jesus suffered in his day for being such; and killed for envy of the Jewish people of that day.

Sure Gods ways are not our ways but doesn’t the spirit of Christ to lead in the actions of what God would deem right and fitting?

Do they deserve compassion? Mercy? Even after what they have done? Just some things to ponder on.

No, not at all--we are to love our enemies as Jesus instructed us to. I was merely answering the question you asked as to why God gives people over to a reprobate mind and that is the only answer we have in God's revelation of Himself.

We are not God. We are to follow the commandments which Jesus has given us out of our love for Him. As He said, "If you love me, obey my commandments". We are to follow Jesus' example of loving those who are in sin as he showed love to many who were sinners--as he showed to each and every one of us who believe in Him now as we love Him because He first loved us (when we did nothing prior to that but hate Him).

One of the essential attributes of a follower of Jesus is to love our enemies. Love is not the same thing as supporting things they do that go against the commandments of God however. When this occurs, we are to put God first, not others.

It should be noted that while Jesus loved sinners and showed compassion on them, in no way or form did He take part in their sin or support any of it.

All churches must be welcoming to those who practice homosexuality. My pastor said recently that he would be so overjoyed if a whole group of LGBTQ people went to his church every week. I would love that too. Does that mean we would start wearing LGBTQ pride shirts and join in their parades? No. We would tell them if they asked that it is against the commandments of God. But we would show them kindness and care for their needs. That kindness stops however at supporting the agendas that go against the word of God though.

I'm sorry, but does the confusion arise at how to show love to someone without supporting what they do which goes against the word of God? I'd like a further discussion of this. Because I seem to run into the misguided understanding out there a lot that because I would not support an LGBTQ member in their furtherance of this agenda which is against God's word that I am not loving them. I'm stumped as to how supporting someone's agenda = love for them. Is this the misunderstanding that has caused such confusion? I would really like to know.

I would like to provide an example then as to how a person can love someone without supporting an action that goes against God's word. Should an LGBTQ member come to my church, we would engage in polite conversation and be welcoming to them. Say they have no where to go for lunch (their physical needs aren't being met) we would like to invite them to lunch. Now say they invited me and some other church members to their friend's wedding (a homosexual union) or to take part in a LGBTQ pride parade. We would decline. Is this seen as not loving them? I would like to ask why that is, if so. We would simply not be putting them above God.

The other examples however are of showing love to someone: to be kind to them, to meet their needs should such be lacking (and I should say should they invite us out to lunch with their LGBTQ friends, there is no reason why we wouldn't go just as Jesus went out and dined with tax collectors. I would not be wrong in saying that should there have been something back then as an event that flaunted transgression against the word of God, say the tax collectors had a conference that promoted the practice of swindling people out of money, Jesus would not have attended something like that. Unfortunately, we are not given such examples in God's word, yet we can rightly discern what would have been done given the actions that we do know of our Lord and that is that He did not promote any kind of sin).

Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree to not be part of this world but to abide in Christ.

I believe love properly defined is founded in 1 Corinthians 13.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged natural relations for that which is contrary to nature,27 and likewise the men, too, abandoned natural relations with women and burned in their desire toward one another, males with males committing shameful acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a depraved mind, to do those things that are not proper, 29 people having been filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, and evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice; they are gossips,

To me God gives them over to a reprobate mind that they be taught that you ought to love one another.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:

He ceases to convict and draw sinners to repentance and forgiveness, because they refuse it.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.

And reprobation is not necessarily for life, but is only at a time, when God is not dealing with them about their sins.

If we want to run with the devil, God let's us.

God is love and only knocks, and at times He may not be knocking at all. Such as when the party is too loud to even hear Him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4
A Call to Prayer

1First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority—so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

God is always calling, in my opinion which may be not worth much.

You know @robert derrick having noticed that my post only deals with the first portion of the book of Romans, and not the whole thing, it is good that once a person can let themselves come to the truth of God, they will either choose to allow him to move into their hearts in faith of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ in which they are made right with God.

Anyone can come to God and non are barred from Him thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ! It is simply the choice of individuals to seek out God in faith or not, and God is always calling to them, and can be known from simply the creation (Stars, Moon, Sun, Rivers, Mountains, Animals, Human beings) itself.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t really seem to indicate that it deals with the devil as most would say.
If not for the devil, the option of rebellion wouldn't even be an option.

To choose not to follow God's Ways, is to choose the path that the devil laid before mankind. To imply that the devil doesn't exist is to imply that there are no absolutes; and that everything is relative.

No absolute Truth.

No absolute right and wrong, etc.

That's just not the case.

God IS goodness, righteousness, light and love.

The devil is the pure opposite of all those things.

He was the first reprobate.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that doesn’t make sense if Eve chose by her own merit, they had freewill. They could have went to God and ask him about who this observer was and what he said.

It was a choice decision just as all people have today the tree of life or the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

“Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves aprons.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭7‬ ‭RSV‬‬

Verse 6 shows the choice Eve made.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods promise to the devil for doing what he did was said as this:

“The Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life. I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.” To the woman he said, “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3‬:‭14‬-‭16‬ ‭RSV‬‬

A crush to the head for his decision, so I don’t disagree that the devil didn’t have a punishment as Adam and Eve had also received a just reward for their own disobedience.