Why does the believer continue to believe?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Only our spirits are made sinless. Our flesh continues to sin.

the Holy Spirit guides us all the time.

Does your flesh continue to sin?
You are speaking of your soul realm? Your mind?
Then if that is your problem, you need to renew your mind, and learn how to live here. Hebrews 13:9

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then get real and stay real! This is very simple, people. Stop making it so complicated. Stop majoring in minors.
Here the Major.

You don't save your self. You don't keep your self saved. Trust Jesus. Or trust yourself. But the double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, 1 Joh 2:24 makes that more clear. Hebrews 3:6 and Hebrews 3:14 show us you can't not be believing and be saved at the same time.

Um . . . I had written:

marks said:
They look at this verse and proclaim, You stop partaking if you stop holding your confidence. Specious!

To which you responded,

Actually, 1 Joh 2:24 makes that more clear. Hebrews 3:6 and Hebrews 3:14 show us you can't not be believing and be saved at the same time.

Why? You didn't respond to my post.

The grammar of this passage shows your argment to be specious.

You deflect to something else, AS IF you were responding to me, but you didn't.

So I wonder, why?

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And why try to substitute ANYTHING for the Jesus' shed blood???

Much love!

Well, a self righteous person wants to get some credit for their salvation.
This is why they talk about the SELF EFFORT of holding unto their faith as THEIR WAY to keep themselves saved.
This is the theology and MIND of the Legalist who has "fallen from Grace".

Reactions: marks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He observed that there is more evil in the least sin we commit than in the worst calamity that comes to us. I quite agree with the man!
Imagine the power of a church...a people... Who had such a vision of sin. Who despised sin and recognised the true cost to the Godhead, the true price of redemption. Just one generation from Adam and the sin nature gave birth to a murder over the correct manner of worship. We see a battle looming soon between two cities... Brothers... Babylon and Jerusalem. One, am apostate Christian Church, the other, the faithful brother. We ought never believe we are immune to sin. Not even murder over worship.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You did it again! You left off the 'in Christ' part. This is about 'believing in Christ'. It's not about believing in me, or believing in faith. It's about faith in Christ. Don't leave that part off when discussing this with me so we can stay on point.

You are a self saver.
Let me show you.

You believe that if you stop holding unto your faith and die, you will go to hell.
So, you are trusting in YOUR FAITH, to keep you out of Hell.

"As long as i dont lose my faith= im able to keep my self saved with it". "but if i lose my Savior (your faith) i will go to hell"

Thats you.
That's Legalism.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"I have an anchor, sure and steadfast, piercing through the veil".
OH, that is, it's as sure as my puny little fingers clutching to the chain! I thank God that's not true!
It's hard for me to understand the mindset of those who think they must hold onto Jesus. That they'd better not let Him out of their hand! Some I know are deceived. But I also see the signs of deceivers in their mishandling of the Word.
Much love!

The born again "shall never perish".
Thats a promise from Jesus.

God is IN all the born again.
WE are "ONE" with God. We are born again INTO GOD Himself.
If we went to hell, then so does He, so does Christ, so does the Holy Spirit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
↓↓↓↓↓
You know, as I relook at your statement, which you claim I "resist", you're not really saying that much.

Ferris Bueller said:

When you walk that path—the path that few find that leads to eternal life—that is when you are walking the 'feel good' path of obedience to God and know that you know God and He knows you.

When you walk that path to eternal life, you are feeling good about your obedience, and your sure in your knowledge of God, and that He knows you.

Of course, I realize that you mean to imply the connection, if you feel good about your obedience to God, and that because you feel good about your obedience to God, that this gives you the confidence that you know Him.

And that comes down to your own opinion of yourself, and how obedient you think you are to God. And how your opinion leads you to approve of yourself, and go on to figure that if YOU approve of yourself, God must also, right?

So if this is really what you are saying, then yes, I DO resist that.

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 KJV
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IN essence look at what he is saying . HE is denying JESUS . cause JESUS even said if a man continue not in me he will be cast out .
To be clear . . . what I'm saying is that no one who is born again will stop believing. This construct of a "born again child of God" who stops believing is a fiction.

God is able to save.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did it again! You left off the 'in Christ' part. This is about 'believing in Christ'. It's not about believing in me, or believing in faith. It's about faith in Christ. Don't leave that part off when discussing this with me so we can stay on point.
Ok, you're thinking I meant faith in something or someone else? Sure thing.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine the power of a church...a people... Who had such a vision of sin. Who despised sin and recognised the true cost to the Godhead, the true price of redemption. Just one generation from Adam and the sin nature gave birth to a murder over the correct manner of worship. We see a battle looming soon between two cities... Brothers... Babylon and Jerusalem. One, am apostate Christian Church, the other, the faithful brother. We ought never believe we are immune to sin. Not even murder over worship.
Just so! Nor should we seek safety from sin inside ourselves. Only by trusting in Jesus!

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again "shall never perish".
Thats a promise from Jesus.

God is IN all the born again.
WE are "ONE" with God. We are born again INTO GOD Himself.
If we went to hell, then so does He, so does Christ, so does the Holy Spirit.
What joy!!

:)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Philippians 2:12-13 KJV
12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Corinthians 5:17-18 KJV
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I need to know You
I want to see You
I must commune with You
I choose to love You

When I am here with You alone
Kneeling before Your throne
My heart has found it's home
Once again I-You by Truman Coates

I'm spending eternity with Him...what was the question?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BD9312D5-7205-475B-ABA0-5F06C30DADED.png.87dd27eb304bd968317ae36844b319e7.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why the BELIEVER continues to believe . Whereby you are saved , IF YA KEEP IN MEMORY that GOSPEL .
OH yeah we should be stirring one another up to continue to believe in the one true gospel .
THEM IF words aint meant to be excluded .

Reactions: Ferris Bueller