Why does the believer continue to believe?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did it again! You left off the 'in Christ' part. This is about 'believing in Christ'. It's not about believing in me, or believing in faith. It's about faith in Christ. Don't leave that part off when discussing this with me so we can stay on point.
BD9312D5-7205-475B-ABA0-5F06C30DADED.png.87dd27eb304bd968317ae36844b319e7.png

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a self saver.
Let me show you.

You believe that if you stop holding unto your faith and die, you will go to hell.
So, you are trusting in YOUR FAITH, to keep you out of Hell.

"As long as i dont lose my faith= im able to keep my self saved with it". "but if i lose my Savior (your faith) i will go to hell"

Thats you.
That's Legalism.
No, that's YOU not listening again and being annoying.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll paraphrase what your claiming.

when I’m satisfied with my performance I’ll know I am saved, is this right?
This is one of several places where I'm getting what I'm saying. So you tell me. What does this mean?↓↓↓

Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. And by this we will know that we belong to the truth, and will assure our hearts in His presence: Even if our hearts condemn us... 1 John 3:18-20

I have to say, I’m not at all satisfied, does this mean that God has failed or me?
No, it means you need to start obeying God if you want assurance that you are really saved. Because that's how the Bible says you get the assurance that you really do belong to the truth and know God.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here the Major.

You don't save your self. You don't keep your self saved. Trust Jesus. Or trust yourself. But the double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Much love!
Do you really think John is telling us to be self saved and trust ourselves here? ↓↓↓↓

...let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. 1 John 2:24

Come, on. Really?

And Paul, too? (assuming he wrote these)↓↓↓↓

Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess... Hebrews 10:23

...let us hold firmly to what we profess. Hebrews 4:14

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't hold on to your faith, you will be lost. Isn't that what you say?

??
Personally, yes, I believe that. But osas (the original one) says you'll be lost, too, because you just didn't have any real faith to hold on to to begin with. Either way, osas and anti-osas agree that you have to be a believer all the way to the very end to be saved when Jesus comes back. That's the important point osas and anti-osas agree on but which gets lost in this mindless exercise in futility wondering if a real believer can really stop believing or not. Folks, let's just do what the Bible says to do and which is not in debate......KEEP BELIEVING!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They look at this verse and proclaim, You stop partaking if you stop holding your confidence. Specious!
No, I personally don't use Hebrews 3:14 to draw that particular argument. It's saying you aren't a partaker in Christ if you aren't holding firm your confidence firm to the end. It doesn't tell us either way if the person that does not hold firmly was never saved to begin with or whether they stopped being saved. We just know they do not have the completed action of being made a partaker of Christ to their credit. Whether they lost it or never had it the verse does not say.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that comes down to your own opinion of yourself, and how obedient you think you are to God. And how your opinion leads you to approve of yourself, and go on to figure that if YOU approve of yourself, God must also, right?
We don't throw out the plain words of scripture on how to know with assurance that we are saved and know Him just because there are people who will deceive themselves into thinking they are obeying what God commands when they really aren't.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't throw out the plain words of scripture on how to know with assurance that we are saved and know Him just because there are people who will deceive themselves into thinking they are obeying what God commands when they really aren't.
Make your calling and election SURE , for if ye do these things ye shall never fall .
Its like i say often , BE sure its the biblical JESUS we do follow and not some other version of another jesus .
Paul was one of the elect , he warned to continue to the end
So was peter , so was james , so was jude. They all gave warnings and exhorted the brethren to continue in the grace of GOD .
To be hearers and doers and not to deceive themselves . That who we serve is whose we are .
What SPIRIT did they warn by , THE HOLY ONE . JESUS looks out for his church . Thus He often warned
we often must warn and remind . Let all who names the name of JESUS depart from inquity . That was SPIRIT inspired too .
Sounds just like JESUS , now go and sin NO MORE . See we should be sounding like them . But many no longer
sound like this at all .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3.
The spiritual warfare that is currently escalating all around us prior to Christ's soon coming is a war over the minds and hearts of men. It is in the mind where the battle must be won.
1 Chron.28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
So long as we have a willing mind. So long as we are willing to love God and serve Him above all else, then we can be assured of final salvation. Our willingness, although we may now be weak, struggling under doubt, fear, habits and addictions, our willingness gives God permission to accomplish all His purposes in us. To heal us. To deliver us from all that may deter us from our final destiny. Those who now are double minded...who are luke warm, need to shift gears. Quickly.
Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, that's YOU not listening again and being annoying.

Well, at least i dont annoy the Spirit of God by coming on a forum like this one and pretending.
At least im not going to Stand Before Jesus The Christ and explain why i was denying that He keeps us saved, by LYING to real believers by telling them that they have more power to lose their salvation, then the Blood of God has the power to keep them saved.
So, i dont have to deal with that.
You will, and so will justbyfaith.
So, get ready for that day.
Its coming to you both.

and see, the only answer you can give, the only rebuttal you can spew out, will prove that what i just said is true.
So, you might want to think about that before you run in here and prove im right, again.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, at least i dont annoy the Spirit of God by coming on a forum like this one and pretending.
At least im not going to Stand Before Jesus The Christ and explain why i was denying that He keeps us saved, by LYING to real believers by telling them that they have more power to lose their salvation, then the Blood of God has the power to keep them saved.
So, i dont have to deal with that.
You will, and so will justbyfaith.
So, get ready for that day.
Its coming to you both.

and see, the only answer you can give, the only rebuttal you can spew out, will prove that what i just said is true.
So, you might want to think about that before you run in here and prove im right, again.
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25
Just tell people to do what John says and leave it at that.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25
Just tell people to do what John says and leave it at that.
I think this is the point that most often many over look . Knowing that John , paul and others who often said and wrote these things
did so by the SPIRIT . Knowing that GOD unctions and reminds us as well by the Spirit .
Let us continually remind and stir one another up with these good wholesome reminders in the bible .
For known unto GOD is all things that work for our good if we Heed them .
There is a reason why paul , when writing to quite a few churches , would often mention
that the requirements of those they set up to watch over the flock , was to be grave as well .
To be blameless . to have been tested . God knows that man is weak and needs HIM and these reminders .
The flesh is contrary and it does not need to hear carnal reminders , but rather the truth and take heed unto it .
The gospels , all biblcal doctrine , the letters from the apostels as well were written down for our admonition .
It is wise to heed both the goodness and severity of GOD . Knowing that even the warnings are for our good .
ITs all for our good . Let us honor the glorious Lord in all that we do and say .

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we don't.

And we don't throw out these words either . . .

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 KJV
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Paul didn't think he was fit to look at himself and judge from what he saw of himself whether he was justified or not.

But you think you are?

OK.

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really think John is telling us to be self saved and trust ourselves here? ↓↓↓↓

...let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. 1 John 2:24

Come, on. Really?

And Paul, too? (assuming he wrote these)↓↓↓↓

Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess... Hebrews 10:23

...let us hold firmly to what we profess. Hebrews 4:14

Put it all together. Don't cherry-pick. If your understanding does not harmonize with ALL relevant passages, it's not going to be correct.

Much love!