Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Have you seen this recent testimony of a girl, Angelica Zambrano, who claims to have gone to hell for 23 hours and saw Selena Quintanilla, Michael Jackson, and children in hell? http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

This is all a lie. The best part was when she said that MJ made a deal with the devil. ROFLOL,,,, Oh, and let's not forget she was fasting for 15 days............. Not saying the Lord couldn't sustain, but, I haven't found many pentecostal denominations to be very intouch with God.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Hasn't anyone told you the good news yet Duckybill? Jesus didn't die and that was it so all we have to remember Him by is a book... Jesus died on the cross but was resurrected the third day... He is risen and now lives and lives in His... So what do you mean how could I know Him without a book? He's alive... I talk to Him... be careful if you feel the desire to contradict that truth. By denying such you will be speaking against the very purpose Christ came for. To reestablish relationship between God and humanity... which His Word makes possible when He lives in you. And if Christ doesn't live in you you're not His. Dead religion denies this reality and turns Christ into an intellectual study of paper and ink... but those who are His don't walk with Him through paper and ink but by His Spirit.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hasn't anyone told you the good news yet Duckybill? Jesus didn't die and that was it so all we have to remember Him by is a book... Jesus died on the cross but was resurrected the third day... He is risen and now lives and lives in His... So what do you mean how could I know Him without a book? He's alive... I talk to Him... be careful if you feel the desire to contradict that truth. By denying such you will be speaking against the very purpose Christ came for. To reestablish relationship between God and humanity... which His Word makes possible when He lives in you. And if Christ doesn't live in you you're not His. Dead religion denies this reality and turns Christ into an intellectual study of paper and ink... but those who are His don't walk with Him through paper and ink but by His Spirit.
How do you know all this? From the Bible maybe? If the Bible isn't reliable then where does your religion come from? Christianity, (Jesus/God) is based upon the Bible.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I've already told you... I talk to Him... He is alive... if you don't believe that you need to check yourself... because if He isn't in you you're not His... and if you can't talk to Him... He's not in you...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you know all this? From the Bible maybe? If the Bible isn't reliable then where does your religion come from? Christianity, (Jesus/God) is based upon the Bible.

The Church came before the NT, Ducky.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I've already told you... I talk to Him... He is alive... if you don't believe that you need to check yourself... because if He isn't in you you're not His... and if you can't talk to Him... He's not in you...
What then is the Bible?

So?

1 Thessalonians 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Guess what... hate to break the news to you... but if you think without paper and ink I can't know God you've just denied the Spirit and the direct access Jesus made possible when he destroyed the sin that separated me from God on the cross ... so take your dead religion that's nothing but a white washed tomb and get lost...oh never mind... you already are...

Robbie, with all love, most of us here do not worship the Bible. The reason we stress it's important is this: as you say above, we do indeed have the Holy Spirit within us. This is a precious thing and if we listen to Him He will help us along that narrow path. But we also know that there is more than one 'spirit' in the world. Satan can appear as an 'angel of light', he has that ability to deceive us. The Bible says we must 'test the spirits' so that we may be sure that we have the truth within us. We do this by reading scripture, making sure that the little voice within us says what it does. God gave us His word and His Spirit, and we should use both because they are both gifts to us. It's all well and good to say you know Jesus because His word is within you. But does that Spirit within you tell you exactly what Jesus has said in the past, what He has done? Don't you treasure the accounts of Jesus as He loved and touched the sick and made them clean? Don't you ache and rejoice at the same time when we see His love in action on the cross? Don't you get amazed at His righteous anger at the Pharisees and temple sellers? Every passage in scripture gives us something to wonder and marvel about, and more knowledge about the God we love and follow! It makes having the Holy Spirit within us that more incredible, that much more joyful!
The whole Bible is a story leading to Jesus, showing us how sinful we are and how much we need Him. This is precious knowledge. We should know it's important for us to know just because God gave it to us. I know you read it and eve quote it, so you can't dismiss it's worth. I do get that too many Christians may worship it, but mostly we just treasure it and what it tells us! It's God's revelation to us. We may feel something different within us, a desire to do good, but without the Bible we would have no clue who is within, or who died for us, or who is steering history for our salvation!!

Of course, you have to realize that your reasoning protects against all contradictions in the Bible, right? Anytime a contradiction is pointed out, you start your mental-gymnastic routine - 'it's the reader, not the Bible'! Thinking be damned! I was about to ask how you expect to learn anything with that type of circular reasoning - then I remembered - you want security, not knowledge. This type of reasoning is what perpetuated the Dark Ages. When science conforms itself to the Bible instead of experimental hypothesis, we are subject to anti-intellectual theories that are frozen in time.

Why are you so afraid of contradictions? Isn't it time to drop that crazy standard? It is ridiculous to set the Bible up to fail like you do - 'if the Bible has contradictions, it is unreliable' - absurd!

BTW, Is Lot Abraham's brother or nephew?

Actually, I'd have to agree that the Bible has no contractions. That doesn't mean it isn't seriously confusing in some places though! But honestly, it doesn't take mental gymnastics...at least consider this: we're human right? We are sinful right? And you Aspen, of all people in your profession, should be aware that sometimes human thinking is not as sound or as clear as it could or should be!! My point is this; a book inspired by God is probably logical and sound and it's way more likely that any fault in interpreting and understand would come from us! We know God is logical, because it's He that holds steady the laws of physics so that our 'science' can have any meaning at all! It's God that makes the sun rise, the rains fall and hold chaos at bay. He IS order!

As far as the condraction thing goes, let me give you an example or two: In the NT we see Paul saying that works are useless and that faith is all. Then James say that faith without works is dead. Most say this is a contradiction, but it truly isn't! Faith is what gives us our salvation. That much is totally clear, and no matter what 'works' we do, if we don't have faith, we have nothing. But James is telling us that true faith will always come with works, that a changed and renewed heart will want to do 'works'. Or we could put it this way: we are saved TO good works, not from them.

Another thing, this time going to the OT...you'd think this would be a contradiction...remember when the Jews were stuck in Egypt and God sent Moses to free them. The bible says that Pharaoh hardened his heart. But later it says that God hardened his heart. Have you ever had anyone in your life so bitter and angry that when you loved them, told them you'd pray for them, they got really angry? How many times did God send Moses to Pharaoh and say to him "you must repent, you must see that you are not god, that the true God is telling you to let His people go....please, things are going to get really bad...repent!" God hardened this man's heart by warning him, loving him, giving him time...but it just mad Pharaoh madder, harder.

So you see, every 'contradiction' can be explained...the problem is that so many start off with the thought that we need to stretch reason too much to do that. It's not true, especially when we understand that our understanding is not really up to the perfection of Gods! If something does not seem to make sense to us, we need to trust God to help us along with our understanding...by praying, studying other scripture and, as Robbie says, relying on the Spirit within us to guide us past our confusion! Seek...and we will find!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So?

1 Thessalonians 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

So, we could have heard about Christ from the Church. The Bible is a redundant luxury.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

No it isn't. Please dispute what I have said, rather than 'attacking' me.

I'm not attacking you by any means. However, just because someone has a friend that isn't Christian doesn't make him wrong. It doesn't mean they're being a "friend" of the world. I know you know better than that. Are all of your friends believers? Do you still associate with family that aren't believers. How do you develop a relationship with someone even if in order to convert without being friends? Seems to me that you just came out and accused Aspen on this one.

Most of my friends aren't believers. Are we to reject them because of our belief in Jesus? Do you understand the consequences of such actions?

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

Really? Well Jesus didn't say that! He said that 'Upon this rock he would build his church!" Sounds like the Church wasn't built yet!!!!! (Mat_16:18. For those who are interested, this came from the book of Matthew! )Of course, since you don't believe the Bible is 100% necessary, we can excuse that, can't we?!

I think you know full well why we have the Bible!

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

In a more easy to understand version, the Scriptures are for:

1. Teaching
  2. Reproof. Get this, this word can also be interpreted as evidence!
  3. Realignment
  4. To learn how to live the way God wants us to

Robbie, with all love, most of us here do not worship the Bible. The reason we stress it's important is this: as you say above, we do indeed have the Holy Spirit within us. This is a precious thing and if we listen to Him He will help us along that narrow path. But we also know that there is more than one 'spirit' in the world. Satan can appear as an 'angel of light', he has that ability to deceive us. The Bible says we must 'test the spirits' so that we may be sure that we have the truth within us. We do this by reading scripture, making sure that the little voice within us says what it does. God gave us His word and His Spirit, and we should use both because they are both gifts to us. It's all well and good to say you know Jesus because His word is within you. But does that Spirit within you tell you exactly what Jesus has said in the past, what He has done? Don't you treasure the accounts of Jesus as He loved and touched the sick and made them clean? Don't you ache and rejoice at the same time when we see His love in action on the cross? Don't you get amazed at His righteous anger at the Pharisees and temple sellers? Every passage in scripture gives us something to wonder and marvel about, and more knowledge about the God we love and follow! It makes having the Holy Spirit within us that more incredible, that much more joyful!
The whole Bible is a story leading to Jesus, showing us how sinful we are and how much we need Him. This is precious knowledge. We should know it's important for us to know just because God gave it to us. I know you read it and eve quote it, so you can't dismiss it's worth. I do get that too many Christians may worship it, but mostly we just treasure it and what it tells us! It's God's revelation to us. We may feel something different within us, a desire to do good, but without the Bible we would have no clue who is within, or who died for us, or who is steering history for our salvation!!

Actually, I'd have to agree that the Bible has no contractions. That doesn't mean it isn't seriously confusing in some places though! But honestly, it doesn't take mental gymnastics...at least consider this: we're human right? We are sinful right? And you Aspen, of all people in your profession, should be aware that sometimes human thinking is not as sound or as clear as it could or should be!! My point is this; a book inspired by God is probably logical and sound and it's way more likely that any fault in interpreting and understand would come from us! We know God is logical, because it's He that holds steady the laws of physics so that our 'science' can have any meaning at all! It's God that makes the sun rise, the rains fall and hold chaos at bay. He IS order!

As far as the condraction thing goes, let me give you an example or two: In the NT we see Paul saying that works are useless and that faith is all. Then James say that faith without works is dead. Most say this is a contradiction, but it truly isn't! Faith is what gives us our salvation. That much is totally clear, and no matter what 'works' we do, if we don't have faith, we have nothing. But James is telling us that true faith will always come with works, that a changed and renewed heart will want to do 'works'. Or we could put it this way: we are saved TO good works, not from them.

Another thing, this time going to the OT...you'd think this would be a contradiction...remember when the Jews were stuck in Egypt and God sent Moses to free them. The bible says that Pharaoh hardened his heart. But later it says that God hardened his heart. Have you ever had anyone in your life so bitter and angry that when you loved them, told them you'd pray for them, they got really angry? How many times did God send Moses to Pharaoh and say to him "you must repent, you must see that you are not god, that the true God is telling you to let His people go....please, things are going to get really bad...repent!" God hardened this man's heart by warning him, loving him, giving him time...but it just mad Pharaoh madder, harder.

So you see, every 'contradiction' can be explained...the problem is that so many start off with the thought that we need to stretch reason too much to do that. It's not true, especially when we understand that our understanding is not really up to the perfection of Gods! If something does not seem to make sense to us, we need to trust God to help us along with our understanding...by praying, studying other scripture and, as Robbie says, relying on the Spirit within us to guide us past our confusion! Seek...and we will find!

Very well put Rach. Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light, but of course, since Robbie doesn't think the Bible isn't all that necessary, he probably doesn't believe that passage of Scripture is actually inspired! There are terrible ramifications if we believe that any part of the Bible is not inspired by God.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
Thank you all for your responses. I'm still reading through them.

One thing I should clarify though is that I don't *believe* that the bible contradicts itself. I can see that the bible contradicts itself. even though I haven't read the whole bible, I know a lot of passages that are in it. As I said, I've been in a Christian environment all my life.

I'm not talking about a particular church or preacher. I have listened to hundreds of them; whether it was in my home church(es), over the radio, on television, over the internet... They are all the same. And the ones who aren't definitely get atacked by those who are. There are preachers who I have listened to who are more into the grace, mercy, and love message, but I've also observed contradictions in them. And they are usually "exposed" by other ministers for being "heretics," so I really don;t know who to believe, because they all are saying something different, but they all believe so adamantly that they are the one who is right. It's just all too confusing. They all preach out of the same bible, but each of them can show you in the bible, proof that they are right in what they teach. And low and behold, they all make perfect sense. But they all cannot be right (when they messages are conflicting and contradictory of another): that goes against the laws of truth, and the laws of logic.

But to give you an example of clear contradictions in the bible, Mathew, Mark, and Luke all give different details about the same account--the meeting at the tomb after Jesus had been ressurrected. And they are not small details (like Mary was wearing a blue head dress vs she was wearing a green head dress). If you want, I'll look it up and provide the actual scriptures in each gospel. They are boldly different details about the account. ...Now you may say it doesn;t matter because it was men writing the bible and they all have different memories of what happened.

Well, this is all the more reason why one should be concerned! What about all of the preachers who have said that every word and notation mark in the bible was inspired by God? So God Himself doesn't know what happened when His Son was ressurrected? Truth cannot contradict itself. And when you read contradictions like this, you can't help but wonder what else they got wrong in the bible. And there are more historical contradictions as well. If you want, I can post here a few videos of people explaining these inaccuracies. It's too much for me to try to explain. And if you yourself are really committed to truth, you also will take the time to investigate these things (when they are right in front yof you to see and listen) to see if they be so.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Of course, you have to realize that your reasoning protects against all contradictions in the Bible, right? Anytime a contradiction is pointed out, you start your mental-gymnastic routine - 'it's the reader, not the Bible'! Thinking be damned! I was about to ask how you expect to learn anything with that type of circular reasoning - then I remembered - you want security, not knowledge. This type of reasoning is what perpetuated the Dark Ages. When science conforms itself to the Bible instead of experimental hypothesis, we are subject to anti-intellectual theories that are frozen in time.

Why are you so afraid of contradictions? Isn't it time to drop that crazy standard? It is ridiculous to set the Bible up to fail like you do - 'if the Bible has contradictions, it is unreliable' - absurd!

BTW, Is Lot Abraham's brother or nephew?

Really? I never realised that! If the Bible has contradictions, please, I would like to see them! Post them up and let's see whether they are real contradictions! BTW, I have learnt from experience that even when there is an alternative theory that works perfectly, people don't even want to hear about it much less consider it. No wonder they have contradictions!

If the Bible has contradictions, can it be fully trusted? Can any part of it be fully trusted? NO! NO! NO!

As for your 'damn thinking', perhaps that explains your weird explanation about Lot being righteous! You stated that the book which says this was written in 400 BC. I beg your pardon? The Apostle Peter lived in 400 BC? Seems like YOU need to do some thinking BEFORE you damn thinking!

No, we cannot drop the 'crazy standard'. It's this very standard that reveals that Bible has God's fingerprint on it!

What question is that about Lot? Lot is Abraham's nephew! Oh, I see. You reckon there is a contradiction because Abraham says to Lot, 'we are brethren!' God help us! I have a friend from Africa, and when I meet him, I say, "G'day brother." DOES THAT MEAN HE'S MY BLOOD BROTHER! I hope not, because in that case, all my footy mates are my blood brothers! When Abraham called Lot his brother, it was relating to the fact that they were so close to each other! Of course, you don't have to believe my explanation, you don't even have to consider it! Just go on your merry way!

Thank you all for your responses. I'm still reading through them.

One thing I should clarify though is that I don't *believe* that the bible contradicts itself. I can see that the bible contradicts itself. even though I haven't read the whole bible, I know a lot of passages that are in it. As I said, I've been in a Christian environment all my life.

I'm not talking about a particular church or preacher. I have listened to hundreds of them; whether it was in my home church(es), over the radio, on television, over the internet... They are all the same. And the ones who aren't definitely get atacked by those who are. There are preachers who I have listened to who are more into the grace, mercy, and love message, but I've also observed contradictions in them. And they are usually "exposed" by other ministers for being "heretics," so I really don;t know who to believe, because they all are saying something different, but they all believe so adamantly that they are the one who is right. It's just all too confusing. They all preach out of the same bible, but each of them can show you in the bible, proof that they are right in what they teach. And low and behold, they all make perfect sense. But they all cannot be right (when they messages are conflicting and contradictory of another): that goes against the laws of truth, and the laws of logic.

But to give you an example of clear contradictions in the bible, Mathew, Mark, and Luke all give different details about the same account--the meeting at the tomb after Jesus had been ressurrected. And they are not small details (like Mary was wearing a blue head dress vs she was wearing a green head dress). If you want, I'll look it up and provide the actual scriptures in each gospel. They are boldly different details about the account. ...Now you may say it doesn;t matter because it was men writing the bible and they all have different memories of what happened.

Well, this is all the more reason why one should be concerned! What about all of the preachers who have said that every word and notation mark in the bible was inspired by God? So God Himself doesn't know what happened when His Son was ressurrected? Truth cannot contradict itself. And when you read contradictions like this, you can't help but wonder what else they got wrong in the bible. And there are more historical contradictions as well. If you want, I can post here a few videos of people explaining these inaccuracies. It's too much for me to try to explain. And if you yourself are really committed to truth, you also will take the time to investigate these things (when they are right in front yof you to see and listen) to see if they be so.

Right. You're on. Put up these 'contradictions'! On a note about the 'contradicting' gospels, there were four different authors with different backgrounds. They wrote in THEIR style under inspiration of the Holy Ghost about Jesus. They each focus on different aspects of Jesus' life. Luke, for example, was a physician, and therefore pays alot more attention to Jesus healing people. So put those contradictions up! I just pray that they aren't as absurd as the one Aspen put up!

BTW, fire-7, I thought I already told you, YOU CANNOT JUST BELIEVE MEN BECAUSE THEY SHOW YOU A FEW SCRIPTURES! I can create almost any belief just using a FEW Scriptures. But when I use ALL the Scriptures, there is only ONE view, Truth.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I'm not attacking you by any means. However, just because someone has a friend that isn't Christian doesn't make him wrong. It doesn't mean they're being a "friend" of the world.
I don't know how much clearer God can make it.

James 4:4 (ESV)
4 You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
I know you know better than that. Are all of your friends believers? Do you still associate with family that aren't believers. How do you develop a relationship with someone even if in order to convert without being friends? Seems to me that you just came out and accused Aspen on this one.
Associating with people doesn't make them friends. Aspen declared that he has several CLOSE friends who are homosexuals. I have no nonChristian friends. None.
Most of my friends aren't believers. Are we to reject them because of our belief in Jesus? Do you understand the consequences of such actions?
Sure do. God's blessing for obeying Him.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17 (ESV)
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

I don't know how much clearer God can make it.

James 4:4 (ESV)
4 You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Associating with people doesn't make them friends. Aspen declared that he has several CLOSE friends who are homosexuals. I have no nonChristian friends. None.

Sure do. God's blessing for obeying Him.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17 (ESV)
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,

Dear Ducky,

If you have no none-christian friends, how can you possible be a light to the world? What is your definition of friends?

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
Since the point was made about me being a sinner (this is particularly to DuckyBill). I know the bible says it is a sin. But being that I have doubts about the bible, this isn't really relevant to me'

It's too long of a story and too complex of a situation to put here in a couple of paragraphs. But there is more to sexuality than "It's a sin; God said it; that settles it." I know that you arer just going by the bible. But the thing that Christians refuse to understand is that there is more to life than (man-made) black/and red words, interpreted by imperfect, flesh and blood men, recyled thousands of times over many hundreds of years, printed on man-made white paper, and organized by men. You can believe all you want that this book is perfect, but the FACT (Something that Christians have a very hard time comprehending) is you were not there. You are going off of blind beliefs--call it blind "faith" or whatever you want to call it... A person would have to be totally blind, deaf, and dumb, or in self-willed denial, not to see that something isn't adding up. And while Christianity advocates blind faith, it is a recipe for gullibility.

There are other things like biology and science that correlate accurate patterns within this world and existence all together. Because most christians are too lazy too investigate these things, they just cop out and say, "If it goes aganst the bible, I don't believe it!!" "I believe it and that's that." Well if it was that simple (which I so wish it was) then evweryone who has every read the entire bible would be perfect and on one accord. But bible scholars can never agree on everything, and usually disagree on most things. This alone should tell you that something is off. But you would rather live in denial than face BOLD, in your face, loud and clear FACTS. Truth is not what you want it to be. It is about consistent patterns. You might want and believe that 1 + 1 = 10. But regardles of what you believe, 1+1 is always 2. Tell a professor or anyone that you have faith in 1+1=10, and they will classify you as mentally retarded.

the point I'm making with this is that there are hard scientific and biological facts about homosexuality that proves that it is inherent and not something one can control. I mean just stop and use common sense for about 60 seconds, at least. Do you really think that if I would have willfully chosen to be ostracized, shamed, belittled, preached against, suicidal, more vulnerable to a hatecrime than anyone else, feel like an alien from outerspace and like I don't fit in with "the guys."..? The only choice is in acting on it (and that brings up the issue of free will, sovereignty, and predeterminism anyway, which is a whole other story). But what I'm attracted and compelled to, I have absolutely no control over. Believe what you want.

And I'm not being rude or anything. This matter just stirs up indignation in me because I've seen so much ignorance when it comes to this issue.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Are you really saying that God will bless us for disobeying Him? Another thing is that God will not only bless us for obeying Him, He will also bless our unsaved loved ones. So by disobeying God we not only hurt ourselves we hurt those we love.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
I think this may help you to better understand where I'm coming from

Here is a clip of Minister G. Craig Lewis. He is famous for his thourogh series of "The Truth Behind Hip Hop."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSCCOIAOyoM I know that you may think posting this is irrelevant. But to fully understand what I'm saying, an investigation of this man's message is a *requirement." It is not about him, the indiviual, but he is a good representation of all of the preachers and sermons I have heard, rolled up into one. I know that you may say that it doesn't matter what a man says, but the bible says "How can they hear without a preacher. Preachers ARE the voice of God, and the only voice of God that some will ever hear.

If I did not care about my eternal salvation (which some seem to suggest), I would not even care to listen to this man, or any preacher, for that matter. And I wouldn't have gone through the effort to make this thread; you know that.

The reason I use G Craig Lewis as an example (an only an example) is because he has done a lot of research and his teachings are thorough. He is also bold and straight forward, which is attractive to me in a minister. I hate when preachers beat around the bush. So I am interested in what he has to say. And because he seems to have so much of truth--and claims to be baptised with the H-ly Spirit--which I am seeking , it concerns me all the more the method that he uses. If he is filled with the H-ly Spirit and hears from G-d as much as he claims, then I am skeptical that I can trust this God. Because this man is very very brutal in his delivery. He literally slanders just about every well kknown preacher in the nation. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard him use the term "sissy," "faggot," and other terms to describe homosexuals. He mocks the fact that AIDS is high in among homosexuals, and calls people gay just because of how they look or act.

If you don't think he's controversial, he has more lawsuits against him than he can shake a stick at, but he says to them "join the list." He insists that he will not debate anyone because he "knows he's right." He has labeled highly respected and revered men and women of God (T.D. Jakes, Juanita Bynum, Paula White, Eddie Long, Jamal Bryant, etc...etc...) as "heretics," "false prophets," and "Jezebels." It's as if he doesn't want anyone to listen to these people at all, but to only listen to him and his inner circle of friends/preachers; this is the feeling I get. He never says anything positive about these ministers, gospel recording artists, and Christian actors. He only talks about the negative things they do. He seem to believe that 95% of the well known actors, comedians, singers, gospel recording artists, preachers and politicians, are part of the illuminati and secret societies: most of his sermons are geared toward breaking down the different codes sings and codes that prove this.

He make$ a living (really) off of mocking, degrading, and defacing well-known people; it's how he became famous, in the name of Jesus, and backs it all up with scripture. He's a profound bible scholar and historian, so it's like you can't really argue with him. But I just get a feeling about him that I can't put my finger on. He says it's the H-ly Ghost. In response to people telling him, "but you put something else on it," he says "yea I put the H-ly Ghost on it!!" It's not any right of mine to say what spirit he is of (dare I speak against the H-ly Spirit), but actions speak louder than words, and the bible says that one would be known by his fruit. When you have so may people upset and everyone is saying the same thing, that is some rotten fruit to me.

It's confusing to me because he is either loved or hated. People obviosly love him for him to be successful for so long. And the people who love him really love him, and he can do no wrong to them. No matter how rude he is, they adamantly insist that it is the God in him. My question is the same as Christs': Can any kingdom divided against itself stand? Maybe it can, I'm just asking. Because according to Lewis, the church is supposed to be divided,a dn he gets thorough enjoyment out of being the one to do it. Just read his blog--all of it (each article) http://gcraige.blogspot.com/ -- and see how good he is at this job. Listen to as many of his sermons, webcast programs, and radio broadcast that are on youtube, as you can. This is the best way you will understand where I'm coming from. And feel free to give me your input.

Again, this is nt about G. Craig Lewis. He represents much of the divide and contradiction that I have observed in the church. But there is so much more that I can show you. I'm working on something that I have been writing for over a year. When I finish it, I will post it here. Because I am certain that you cannot fully understand where I am coming from with this (and consequently, how to proportionately address this) unless you see some things with your own eyes and hear with your own ears. The best way to convince a person is to let him see for himself.

There are three responses to truth, and three responses only. When a person is confronted and cornered by truth, he will either, one: face it--give an answer or seek into it for himself to see if these things be so, two: become defensive and try to attack (because he's overwhelmed because the truth is nt in him), or three: be indifferent--i.e. run from it, plug up his ears and shut is eyes tightly, or simply ignore it and pretend that it never existed. So then there are only three types of people. If you really care and are really committed to truth and nothing but the truth, then you will do some investigating of your own to see if these things be so.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
Right. You're on. Put up these 'contradictions'! On a note about the 'contradicting' gospels, there were four different authors with different backgrounds. They wrote in THEIR style under inspiration of the Holy Ghost about Jesus. They each focus on different aspects of Jesus' life. Luke, for example, was a physician, and therefore pays alot more attention to Jesus healing people. So put those contradictions up! I just pray that they aren't as absurd as the one Aspen put up!

BTW, fire-7, I thought I already told you, YOU CANNOT JUST BELIEVE MEN BECAUSE THEY SHOW YOU A FEW SCRIPTURES! I can create almost any belief just using a FEW Scriptures. But when I use ALL the Scriptures, there is only ONE view, Truth.

Yes, I knew this would be the response. this is the classic excuse for blatant contradictions in the bible. But don't take my word for it. Watch these video clips and listen closely. Please don't be presumptuous and write them off, but listen to what they are saying.

David Fitzgerald "Examining the Existence of a Historical Jesus"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MvleOBYTrDE

Richard Carrier - "Are Christians Delusional?"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28PjVaW4kKI

Robert Price
1 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gouJ1_mYtDo
2 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
3 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
4 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
5 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

John Corvino - Skepticon - "Coming Out Skeptical"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vRTbzeTgHvU