Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Yes, I knew this would be the response. this is the classic excuse for blatant contradictions in the bible. But don't take my word for it. Watch these video clips and listen closely. Please don't be presumptuous and write them off, but listen to what they are saying.

David Fitzgerald "Examining the Existence of a Historical Jesus"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MvleOBYTrDE

Richard Carrier - "Are Christians Delusional?"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28PjVaW4kKI

Robert Price
1 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gouJ1_mYtDo
2 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
3 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
4 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
5 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

John Corvino - Skepticon - "Coming Out Skeptical"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vRTbzeTgHvU

I don't have access to youtube because my dad won't allow it. You previously stated that homosexuality is natural. The Bible disagrees with you. Of course, if you don't believe the Bible is authentic, doesn't really matter does it? I don't condemn homosexuals. I condemn what they do. I don't care whether you have difficulty with it, it is still a sin according to God. It doesn't matter if the ENTIRE population of the world stood up and said that it was scientifically proven that there is a homosexual gene, if God says it's a sin and those who do it and don't repent are headed to hell, then it's still going to happen! Don't get me wrong, I'm not just applying this to homosexuality. To any sin. We have no excuse before God on judgement day.

Rom_1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Col_3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
2Ti_3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Since I am not able to access those videos, could you perhaps have the guts to post what you think are 'contradictions' instead of just giving clips of people rattling about it? Show me you can actually think yourself, because ALL I can see you doing is merely regurgitating what you are TOLD!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Yes, I knew this would be the response. this is the classic excuse for blatant contradictions in the bible. But don't take my word for it. Watch these video clips and listen closely. Please don't be presumptuous and write them off, but listen to what they are saying.

David Fitzgerald "Examining the Existence of a Historical Jesus"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MvleOBYTrDE

Richard Carrier - "Are Christians Delusional?"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28PjVaW4kKI

Robert Price
1 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gouJ1_mYtDo
2 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
3 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
4 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
5 http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

John Corvino - Skepticon - "Coming Out Skeptical"
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vRTbzeTgHvU

Show me yourself what Scriptures are contradictions!

Fire-7, stop regurgitating what you hear. I am sick of getting other material, not yours. Show me those Scriptures that are 'contradictions'! Not a link to a video! Put them here in the open, or are they that weak that you cannot do it?

It's up to you, you can believe the Bible and take it as the Word of God, or you can deny it and go on your merry way. You can't do both.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha.. I've already been through all this dead religious mumbo-jumbo... Jesus isn't dead and remembered by a book... He is alive and known personally by Him living in His... and He's not dependent on a book in order for his existence... or in order for humanity to know Him... and I could care less about any dead religious wisdom of man that says different... I know Jesus... and for those of you who say I can't know Him without a book... you obviously don't know Him or what He changed when He died for humanity on the cross so we could once again have direct access to the Father through Him... The foundation I build on is Jesus and not a book... the only way to the Father is through Jesus and not a book... the Living Word of God is Jesus and not a book... PERIOD...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It's quite clear that we who believe the Bible to be God's Word are in a different religion than those who do not. The God of the Bible will sort it out, soon.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
haha.. I've already been through all this dead religious mumbo-jumbo... Jesus isn't dead and remembered by a book... He is alive and known personally by Him living in His... and He's not dependent on a book in order for his existence... or in order for humanity to know Him... and I could care less about any dead religious wisdom of man that says different... I know Jesus... and for those of you who say I can't know Him without a book... you obviously don't know Him or what He changed when He died for humanity on the cross so we could once again have direct access to the Father through Him... The foundation I build on is Jesus and not a book... the only way to the Father is through Jesus and not a book... the Living Word of God is Jesus and not a book... PERIOD...

Wow . . . . . . I can't say anymore, except bye!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
How do you know that 'Jesus' isn't Satan? You don't.

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I strongly suggest listening to those who preach the gospel. The reason the message you hear is so offensive to you is because it doesn't accurately represent the loving-kindness of God. You are at the place where you know you have broken the commandments of God. Even when you lust with your eyes, God considers this adultery in the heart. God is willing to erase the sins of the past, and give you a new identity in Christ. When the Holy Spirit does a transforming work in your life, you will no longer be identified by your past, but from that day forward you have a new slate between you and God. From that day forward, God will see you through the same right-standing that Christ has with his Father.

You are more than your sexuality. You are made to be so much more! When we die, our sexuality dies with us. That doesn't mean we aren't who we are, but our spirits remain and we will one day be given new bodies.
[sup]Luke 20:34[/sup] Jesus replied, “Marriage is for people here on earth. [sup]35[/sup] But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. [sup]36[/sup] And they will never die again. In this respect they will be like angels. They are children of God and children of the resurrection.

If our physical, sexual, and social identity isn't the most important thing in life, then there must be something more!

Matthew 10:28
“Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
John 12:25
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

[sup]Titus:11[/sup] For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. [sup]12[/sup] And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, [sup]13[/sup] while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. [sup]14[/sup] He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.

[sup]Romans 5:19[/sup] For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

[sup]Romans 2:4[/sup] Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
[sup]Acts 17:31[/sup] For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Your very life God has provided the time and opportunity to get to know him and his love on an intimate level that we do not deserve! What greater gift is there than to receive the love of God? Today is the day of salvation and the gospel we preach is one of faith, hope and love for now and forever.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I strongly suggest listening to those who preach the gospel. The reason the message you hear is so offensive to you is because it doesn't accurately represent the loving-kindness of God. You are at the place where you know you have broken the commandments of God. Even when you lust with your eyes, God considers this adultery in the heart. God is willing to erase the sins of the past, and give you a new identity in Christ. When the Holy Spirit does a transforming work in your life, you will no longer be identified by your past, but from that day forward you have a new slate between you and God. From that day forward, God will see you through the same right-standing that Christ has with his Father.

You are more than your sexuality. You are made to be so much more! When we die, our sexuality dies with us. That doesn't mean we aren't who we are, but our spirits remain and we will one day be given new bodies.
[sup]Luke 20:34[/sup] Jesus replied, “Marriage is for people here on earth. [sup]35[/sup] But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. [sup]36[/sup] And they will never die again. In this respect they will be like angels. They are children of God and children of the resurrection.

If our physical, sexual, and social identity isn't the most important thing in life, then there must be something more!

Matthew 10:28
“Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
John 12:25
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

[sup]Titus:11[/sup] For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. [sup]12[/sup] And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, [sup]13[/sup] while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. [sup]14[/sup] He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.

[sup]Romans 5:19[/sup] For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

[sup]Romans 2:4[/sup] Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
[sup]Acts 17:31[/sup] For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Your very life God has provided the time and opportunity to get to know him and his love on an intimate level that we do not deserve! What greater gift is there than to receive the love of God? Today is the day of salvation and the gospel we preach is one of faith, hope and love for now and forever.

I had to give you a point for this one - great post!

TeamJesus

May 9, 2011
New Zealand
i was reading through this, in hoping to input some rather useful stuff, but after seeing Duckybill pass judgment, i'm brought to this thought, " JUDGE NOT least your judged with the same judgment " Jesus was accused of worse and HE was judged for our behalf, yet HE loves US no matter what we are doing, ONLY HE can change US! so its quite simple, and no wonder peoples are walking out of the " Church " because of religious idiots who think they is GOD, i got only 1 word here,

REPENT

Reactions: aspen

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
Show me yourself what Scriptures are contradictions!

Fire-7, stop regurgitating what you hear. I am sick of getting other material, not yours. Show me those Scriptures that are 'contradictions'! Not a link to a video! Put them here in the open, or are they that weak that you cannot do it?

It's up to you, you can believe the Bible and take it as the Word of God, or you can deny it and go on your merry way. You can't do both.

You know, you have a point Groundzero. Even though I don't blieve the bible, I should learn it just so I can speak your language. The reason I have refrained from referencing any scriptures is because people tend to thing I'm "teaching" withour a license. I was once banned from another Christian site like this one because I didn't claim the label "Christian," and because I was using scriptre to back up my ideas, they saw that as "teaching" them, and of course they know much more than I do, so I wasn't qualified to eisegete.

I will look these scriptures up so that I can show you. Better yet, I will study your language so that we can better communicate.

But the reason I do use these links is so that you can see that I am nt the only one making these observations. And because of that, the law of logic says that there is some validity to what I'm saying. I also want you to better understand where I'm coming from so that you will not generalize and make blanket presumptions about what I'm saying. If you had taken the time to listen to those clips, you would have seen that your very response was predicted. See, as much as atheists and skeptics are demonized and made to look like neandethals, they are human beings who have been around the block a few times and most of them have read the entire bible and studied it to the T, which is WHY they are atheists to begin with--they have seen too many contradictions to believe that the book is valid. I myself am not an atheist; I'm a skeptic.

Not all atheists and skepticas are the same. But most atheists and skeptics are not against the creator (search it out for yourself). They are against the propaganda that is labeled Holy.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
You know, you have a point Groundzero. Even though I don't blieve the bible, I should learn it just so I can speak your language. The reason I have refrained from referencing any scriptures is because people tend to thing I'm "teaching" withour a license. I was once banned from another Christian site like this one because I didn't claim the label "Christian," and because I was using scriptre to back up my ideas, they saw that as "teaching" them, and of course they know much more than I do, so I wasn't qualified to eisegete.

I will look these scriptures up so that I can show you. Better yet, I will study your language so that we can better communicate.

But the reason I do use these links is so that you can see that I am nt the only one making these observations. And because of that, the law of logic says that there is some validity to what I'm saying. I also want you to better understand where I'm coming from so that you will not generalize and make blanket presumptions about what I'm saying. If you had taken the time to listen to those clips, you would have seen that your very response was predicted. See, as much as atheists and skeptics are demonized and made to look like neandethals, they are human beings who have been around the block a few times and most of them have read the entire bible and studied it to the T, which is WHY they are atheists to begin with--they have seen too many contradictions to believe that the book is valid. I myself am not an atheist; I'm a skeptic.

Not all atheists and skepticas are the same. But most atheists and skeptics are not against the creator (search it out for yourself). They are against the propaganda that is labeled Holy.

I hope you don't take anything I have said wrongly. I am not nasty or anything.

I can say, from personal experience, that I can stand fully on the Bible alone, with absolutely no contradictions. The ONLY reason that I trust the Bible to such an extent, is because if I don't, what else is there?

I know that some won't agree with me here, no doubt they think I'm nuts because I insist on actually having some foundation to stand upon, but you will NEVER be satisfied with Christianity, unless you find Jesus, the real Jesus, and experience the power that comes from his spirit. I know that this probably sounds weird, but if you look around, I think you are smart enough to realise that there are spiritual influences around us. They are not imagined, they are real.

May God's Spirit guide you into Truth.

Like this... "They are against the propaganda that is labeled Holy."

Funny, Robbie, very funny. I was going to ask you for some foundation on what you believe, but then I realised, you don't have any. What a terrible shame!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi GroundZero,

You offer sound perspective. And of course one thing Christians often miss is the point where others make their choice. For even Jesus didn't try to dissuade Judas, (already having satan entered him), but simply told him at the table: “What you do, do quickly.” (Ref. John 13:27)

But up to that point we ARE to convince, exhort, rebuke, and edify one another to Christ. (Ref. 2 Tim. 4:2)

BibleScribe

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha... Groundzero... your attempt at insulting me was weak and really just showed how deaf and blind you really are... because you can't hear or see anything I'm saying... you fight to defend a book and you don't even believe what it says...

Jesus is my foundation... if you see that as a shame because it disagrees with your religion that sucks for you... like I said... Jesus is the only way to the Father and not a book... Jesus is the Word of God and not a book... Jesus died for my sins on the cross and not a book... Jesus is the foundation I build on and not a book... Jesus is the perfect revelation of the Father and not a book.... if you think that's me not having a foundation... well when the storm comes we'll see who's house stands... I have faith my house will stand because I know my foundation is Jesus and He can't be shaken... and I don't know Him through a book... I know Him because He's alive and I talk to Him.

So go ahead and read what I just wrote and slander it because my guess is you won't even be able to hear it or see it... although I hope you do hear it and see it... and as I continue to proclaim my foundation who is Christ alone... you can continue to tell me I have no foundation because you can't hear or see my foundation...

TeamJesus

May 9, 2011
New Zealand
" Let him who is without SIN, cast the first stone " Jesus himself hung around sinners, what gives us the right to become religious and say ohh they is sinners, we won't hang around them? Jesus did, and look what we did to HIM!

( and now i'll shut up bye lol )

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
i was reading through this, in hoping to input some rather useful stuff, but after seeing Duckybill pass judgment, i'm brought to this thought, " JUDGE NOT least your judged with the same judgment " Jesus was accused of worse and HE was judged for our behalf, yet HE loves US no matter what we are doing, ONLY HE can change US! so its quite simple, and no wonder peoples are walking out of the " Church " because of religious idiots who think they is GOD, i got only 1 word here,

REPENT
So you are 'passing judgment' on me. That's rich.

You folks who belittle and mock the Bible have deceived yourselves. You are mocking the God of the Bible.